Do You Want CoF P1 Farming to be Nerfed?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

I’m torn…

On one side, I know that there will always be content that will be farmed for gold and I am really happy that one of the best ways to do this right now is through a dungeon instead of mindlessly killing mobs over and over in open world.

However, it is disappointing that this heavily favors people that have a mesmer or warrior at level 80. If this was something that was viable with other classes as well, it really wouldn’t be an issue to me, but right now there are two main problems that prevent that from happening:

1) Warrior dps is so far beyond what any other class can do, it’s no wonder that many people won’t join a group for something like CoF unless it’s a 4 warrior 1 mesmer group. I’ve heard the argument of melee getting higher dps since it’s riskier to be in melee than in ranged, but melee for many other classes still isn’t close to warriors (rangers may be one of the best examples of this issue).

2) Dungeons right now, as a whole, generally encourage glass cannon builds since damage is often avoidable through dodges and unavoidable damage is so low that there’s not much reason to ever bring a person running a full support build.

1) Warrior DPS is AoE. Thief DPS is higher, but only on single targets as their AoE stuff isn’t as strong. In CoF where you have several key fights with pile o’ trash, AoE is more important that raw DPS.

That said, my ranger has better AoE DPS than greatsword warriors which is why I speed run CoF using a sword/axe shout warrior who has enough boon duration bonuses that she can be standing around and still maintain 11-14 stacks of might, permafury, and permaswiftness. She also sticks 6 stacks of might on everyone around her. When she starts fighting, 20+ stacks of might aren’t out of the question, and since might buffs both direct and condition damage, and condition damage ignores armor, and sword autoattack stacks bleed…

Ya. No rangers get to the kind of AoE DPS she has once she gets going.

I’m also thinking of using her rune setup on my guardian to see what kind of ubertank it turns her into

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Posted by: Ioflux.4369

Ioflux.4369

I’m torn…

On one side, I know that there will always be content that will be farmed for gold and I am really happy that one of the best ways to do this right now is through a dungeon instead of mindlessly killing mobs over and over in open world.

However, it is disappointing that this heavily favors people that have a mesmer or warrior at level 80. If this was something that was viable with other classes as well, it really wouldn’t be an issue to me, but right now there are two main problems that prevent that from happening:

1) Warrior dps is so far beyond what any other class can do, it’s no wonder that many people won’t join a group for something like CoF unless it’s a 4 warrior 1 mesmer group. I’ve heard the argument of melee getting higher dps since it’s riskier to be in melee than in ranged, but melee for many other classes still isn’t close to warriors (rangers may be one of the best examples of this issue).

2) Dungeons right now, as a whole, generally encourage glass cannon builds since damage is often avoidable through dodges and unavoidable damage is so low that there’s not much reason to ever bring a person running a full support build.

1) Warrior DPS is AoE. Thief DPS is higher, but only on single targets as their AoE stuff isn’t as strong. In CoF where you have several key fights with pile o’ trash, AoE is more important that raw DPS.

That said, my ranger has better AoE DPS than greatsword warriors which is why I speed run CoF using a sword/axe shout warrior who has enough boon duration bonuses that she can be standing around and still maintain 11-14 stacks of might, permafury, and permaswiftness. She also sticks 6 stacks of might on everyone around her. When she starts fighting, 20+ stacks of might aren’t out of the question, and since might buffs both direct and condition damage, and condition damage ignores armor, and sword autoattack stacks bleed…

I’m also thinking of using her rune setup on my guardian to see what kind of ubertank it turns her into

This post would fit under my category of “delusional rangers”. Melee ranger’s will not hit anywhere near how hard a melee warrior can. If they are, they are doing it wrong. Thieves do burst dps, but their sustained dps suffers after initiative burn. Certain conditions have to be met for a thief to outdps a warrior, and thats only on a single target.

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

No need to nerf it, just gate it along with all the other dungeons. Once you kill everything including the trash (give these better drops) then the next section opens up to you. This way the runs will be completed at close to the same speed by most parties.

I could never understand the leashing process anyways, if someone enters my house looking to rob me and I’m home, I don’t ignore them if they enter my bedroom because it is too far away from me to bother with them. If you agro it you should have to deal with it IMO.

Most of CoF 1 is gated. You have to kill the slavemaster. You have to kill the acolytes. You have to do the pillars-gate thing. The reason it’s popular for speed runs is that all of those things can be done best with raw DPS which means they can be done very fast.

Contrast that with the vines in TA where you want DPS, but if your group has nothing but DPS, the vines starts spraying AoE puddles everywhere and your delicate little zerkers all start falling down boom. Much better to have someone who can facetank the champ and draw a bunch of the fire. Heck, the fastest I’ve made it through that bit was playing my bunker necro who stood side by side with an altruistic healing guardian and just laughed off ALL the incoming fire from all the vines which meant the other three people in the party were free to go kittening crazy DPS.

Anyway, CoF1 isn’t speedrun because of a lack of gating, it’s speedy because all you need is deeps.

Although gated to a certain extent it doesn’t force you to clear all the content in order to continue on to the next area, hence my point on leashing. If implemented I’m sure pure deeps (as you put it) would still clear the areas faster, but not to the insane extent is is at now.

I realize that nobody becomes a warrior to be status quo with the other classes and they should be at an advantage in a melee fight, but when 90% of the content is skipped in favor of the quick buck, dungeons loose all the meaning and effort ANet put into them IMO.

Posted by: GabGar.4962

GabGar.4962

Im one of the many screaming for a nerf on Cof path 1 AND the chests of the dragon events, people is abusing of both.

Signed.

Ioflux.4369

Im one of the many screaming for a nerf on Cof path 1 AND the chests of the dragon events, people is abusing of both.

Signed.

Yes nerf CoF 1 again after it’s already been nerfed so people can farm it faster. Someone turned a dungeon into money making, god forbid them for being efficient. /sarcasm

I’d hardly call farming a dungeon “abuse”. The dragon event is a whole different story which I’m sure Anet will say that guesting for guaranteed rares was not intended. As far as CoF path 1, people are merely doing the dungeon as intended. They just do it efficiently and would prefer to run with people with the same mindset.

PS: I could care less if CoF gets buffed so that it doesnt get farmed, theres other methods of fast money. I just think it’s funny that people try to dictate other people’s playstyle even tho it’s not vice versa.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

I’m torn…

Your ranger has better AoE dps then a GS warrior? What world are you living on..

And a sword/axe shout warrior in CoF… really… gotta be trolling.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

(edited by Strifey.7215)

Posted by: Xavori.3768

Xavori.3768

I’m torn…

Your ranger has better AoE dps then a GS warrior? What world are you living on..

You lack creativity. Tell me how a 20+ stacks of might on a warrior that can whirl in a dungeon where mobs come from all over isn’t better than a cone attack? Plus, when the mezzie drops time warp and you send out 15 chaos bolts on top of your melee attacks, way better than greatsword.

And ranger…just go all in DPS on longbow since you don’t even have to think about taking hits. Pretty sure there are no greatsword warriors that can drop an area attack and while that attack is still proc’ing turn around and machine gun everything in a line. So ya, better AoE DPS.

Greatsword warrior is not the best. It’s the easiest. That’s what makes it popular. You have an attack to get into melee range and an attack that does all your damage, and that’s really all you have to do. No worrying about combo fields or keeping buffs up or anything. Just get in, hundred blades, get out, rinse, and repeat. Easy peasy.

Hey I just met you – And this is crazy –
But here’s my body – So rez me maybe?

Ioflux.4369

I’m torn…

You lack creativity. Tell me how a 20+ stacks of might on a warrior that can whirl in a dungeon where mobs come from all over isn’t better than a cone attack? Plus, when the mezzie drops time warp and you send out 15 chaos bolts on top of your melee attacks, way better than greatsword.

And ranger…just go all in DPS on longbow since you don’t even have to think about taking hits. Pretty sure there are no greatsword warriors that can drop an area attack and while that attack is still proc’ing turn around and machine gun everything in a line. So ya, better AoE DPS.

Greatsword warrior is not the best. It’s the easiest. That’s what makes it popular. You have an attack to get into melee range and an attack that does all your damage, and that’s really all you have to do. No worrying about combo fields or keeping buffs up or anything. Just get in, hundred blades, get out, rinse, and repeat. Easy peasy.

lol, this post makes me laugh so much. He doesnt need to tell you, you can see it in most of his videos.

More hits =/= more dps. You might want to get your eyes checked on how much those hits actually hit for, time it, then compare it to what a full dps warrior would hit for.

Hint: Warrior’s attacks are aoe.

Posted by: NibriAyid.3680

NibriAyid.3680

I don’t see it as a need to nerf CoF, but more like a way to balance the activities.
I’d like to see all of the dungeons or even WvW getting the same attention from the player base, or at least for the “efficient” gold farm to be a tour of several activities.
Maybe make a dungeon’s boss susceptible only to condition damage to give engineers and necros something to farm

Posted by: Rainzar.6905

Rainzar.6905

still surprised they nerf every other single possible method of obtaining gold yet this remains untouched.

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

If they make everything else worthwhile, sure. If not, no.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

The most important thing about thieves : they don’t boost the group dps as much. Warriors give a lot of might stack and constant fury, plus banners like discipline (10% more crit damage), strength, tactics (longer boon duration), with 3 war you cover one banner per war. And the huge quantity of vulnerability on the single target..

Even if an individual thief could achieve a dps close to a war, 3 thieves will not be like 3 wars in a group, period. It might be difficult to notice the difference if you have, say, two war, one thief, but you’d certainly notice a huge difference if you tried to replace the cookie cutter CoF run with 4 thieves 1 mes or 3 thieves 2 mes.

Quoting this for effect/truth. I’m of the (somewhat unsubstantiated) opinion that it’s not the greatsword that’s brokenly good in regards to dungeon running, it’s stacking multiple “For Great Justice!”s and banners. The mesmer with signet of inspiration is just icing on the cake.

As to the actual topic though:
I want to see the farming route nerfed, but only when/if they do the complete revamp of CoF like what they did with AC, where opponents were altered drastically to change the gameplay.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

My party’s discussion about it pretty much boiled down to: “Rob pls buff the harder dungeons (Arah) to give 1g completion ‘bonus’ and/or a guaranteed lode instead”

(edited by Iehova.9518)

Posted by: Phoenix.7845

Phoenix.7845

The only change CoF needs is to add legendaries as reward item for CoF badges. Most people farmed their legendaries entirely in CoF anyway.

Tell me how a 20+ stacks of might on a warrior that can whirl in a dungeon where mobs come from all over isn’t better than a cone attack?

20+ stacks of might on a warrioir in CoF is noting special. And if by whirl you mean axe 5 attack then it has less dps then axe autoattack. Also in CoF p1 you kill 2 silver mobs, one champion and one legendary and 90% of the time you care about one target so cone attack is a lot more than you actually need.

Pretty sure there are no greatsword warriors that can drop an area attack and while that attack is still proc’ing turn around and machine gun everything in a line. So ya, better AoE DPS.

Which does not matter since most of the time you need to kill one target only. And about having more dps than warrior – ranger please…

Greatsword warrior is not the best.

I agree, greatsword warrior with axe/mace in second weapon set is a lot better.

Posted by: Enderr.5416

Enderr.5416

No. Why nerf CoF? The run is fast and smooth IF you know what to do, but go there with some unprepared team mates and you’ll see trouble …

Kingdom of Dragons [KoD] guild leader – Gandara server
www.kodgw2.webs.com

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

Yesterday if possible.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: Grumpdogg.6910

Grumpdogg.6910

I love CoF P1. This game needs MORE (not less) short, sharp, rewarding content.

“I swung a sword, I swung a sword again, oh look I swung a sword again!”
- Colin Johanson while spamming key 1 in GW2

Posted by: Stego.3148

Stego.3148

CoF isn’t the best gold/hr dungeon farm in the game even why are you crying about it? It’s a relaxed farm that doesn’t require you to be crazy pro and dedicated to make a decent amount of gold but not even the best.

Really it’s just like everyone is an honorary game critic now with no idea about anything. To complain that there is a reliable way to make monitary progress for casual relaxed players in a game is crazy.

If you farm CoF for a month for 6-8 hours a day you will be about half way done with the money portion of your legendary, not so OP is it? Without CoF and other reliable farms that players playing the actual game can do there would be no way for normal players to afford anything against TP players and credit card gold buyers and exploiters, CoF Levels the playing field on this.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

(edited by Stego.3148)

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

Actually, a friend of mine managed to farm up the cost of a bolt in its entiriety in a month and a week.

It does nothing to level the playing field, primarily in that CoF1 is printing money (guaranteed silver drops) more so than generating material (rares for ecto and molten stuff only).

More than anything else, the level of reward doesn’t match the effort. The reward level of CoF1 would make sense if I can get 5-10g for finishing arah P1-3 (20-35minutes per run), and 15g+ for finishing arah P4 (1-2 hours) (assuming the rate of CoF1 is 8-10g/hour).

Stego.3148

Actually, a friend of mine managed to farm up the cost of a bolt in its entiriety in a month and a week.

It does nothing to level the playing field, primarily in that CoF1 is printing money (guaranteed silver drops) more so than generating material (rares for ecto and molten stuff only).

More than anything else, the level of reward doesn’t match the effort. The reward level of CoF1 would make sense if I can get 5-10g for finishing arah P1-3 (20-35minutes per run), and 15g+ for finishing arah P4 (1-2 hours) (assuming the rate of CoF1 is 8-10g/hour).

It’s not even the best gold/hr dungeon from silver drops alone, not even close really it’s just a fad right now to complain about it. Also zap was a 250 gold precursor until a few weeks ago

It does level the playing field because while people cry about things like this, people are doing things like glitching to all 3 chests / mission completes in instances making vastly more money then an honest dedicated player can make without a reliable farm like cof etc they also have to compete with other obscure exploits and people tossing out money on their credit cards. CoF is an honest farm that can actually make the average player money to buy things, and a month and a week of full time farming should reward 1/2 a legendary that sounds reasonable and a very hard core grind as far as these things go in most MMOs.

Usually most zerker CoF Pug groups will be just short of 5 gold per hour or less btw. (before TP) which FoTM was almost on par with before they mystery nerfed the chests a month+ ago.

Discovered the one and only ecto nerf to date. Endured verbal abuse and infractions to prove it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Changes-to-ecto-salvage-from-rares/first

(edited by Stego.3148)

ryokoalways.3450

If the salvage of vendor items included dungeon armor piece, then I would agree. However, the fact that you can get ectos from doing CoF is what makes it the best money per amount of time. Just counting the guaranteed silver does not make any sense in calculating overall monetary gain.

Zap is a tier 2 precursor, but Bolt is a tier 1 legendary. The reason is because charged lodestones pushes bolt to around the same cost as hammer, gsX2, and dagger.

Again, the problem is the reward for the amount of effort vs the amount of reward. So currently, you can run CoF1 at the rate of about 7-8 minutes (very modest values) for ~60s + wonderous goods + drops. What if that level of reward was instead made to Arah P3 (done in 20-25 minutes easily) while similarly scaled rewards (so over 2g + less wonderous goods + less drops). Wouldn’t that be a more “honest farm”?

Thank you,
TJL

Stego.3148

If the salvage of vendor items included dungeon armor piece, then I would agree. However, the fact that you can get ectos from doing CoF is what makes it the best money per amount of time. Just counting the guaranteed silver does not make any sense in calculating overall monetary gain.

Zap is a tier 2 precursor, but Bolt is a tier 1 legendary. The reason is because charged lodestones pushes bolt to around the same cost as hammer, gsX2, and dagger.

Again, the problem is the reward for the amount of effort vs the amount of reward. So currently, you can run CoF1 at the rate of about 7-8 minutes (very modest values) for ~60s + wonderous goods + drops. What if that level of reward was instead made to Arah P3 (done in 20-25 minutes easily) while similarly scaled rewards (so over 2g + less wonderous goods + less drops). Wouldn’t that be a more “honest farm”?

Thank you,
TJL

because 250 gold + 150gold for the value of charged over onyx = 700 gold

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

if it’s an exploit, yes.

otherwise, no. you farmers can do what you want. I’ve never done that path so I’m not familiar with it, but if you have fun doing it without taking advantage, so be it. Sometimes I like to stand in one place and stare at a wall for a while. Does no harm.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

ryokoalways.3450

Thank you,
TJL

For that particular point

-Zap hasn’t been 250g for 2 months at least. It’s been 300-350g for about a little over a month into late Feb/early March, and is at the current 400-500g.

-The difference between gift of darkness (you said onyx vs charged so I’m assuming twilight for tier 1) and gift of lightning fluctuate more between 170g-200g.

-This means Bolt, in total, is ~180g less than Sunrise, ~100g to twilight, on the same level as jugg and incinerator, and about ~140g more expensive than the dreamer (these are the 5 precursors with t1 cost), for top tier legendaries placed at about ~1500g in total.

(edited by ryokoalways.3450)

Stego.3148

Thank you,
TJL

For that particular point

-Zap hasn’t been 250g for 2 months at least. It’s been 300-350g for about a little over a month into late Feb/early March, and is at the current 400-500g.

-The difference between gift of darkness (you said onyx vs charged so I’m assuming twilight for tier 1) and gift of lightning fluctuate more between 170g-200g.

-This means Bolt, in total, is ~180g less than Sunrise, ~100g to twilight, on the same level as jugg and incinerator, and about ~140g more expensive than the dreamer (these are the 5 precursors with t1 cost), for top tier legendaries placed at about ~1500g in total.

bought it for 261, 26 days ago can put up a screen shot.

Rest of your math looks sound though, still dealing with a few hundred gold which adds about a week onto that estimate, anyways this is nitpicking the estimate is solid of one month of full time farming for about half a “t1” legendary, I’d stand by this.

Agree with you and besides we’re basicaly debating if it’s 1.25 months or 2 months to farm a legendary with 6-8 hours of farming in CoF kind of a silly argument I guess sorry.

(edited by Stego.3148)

ryokoalways.3450

Ah, my mistake on reading off spidy.

But my point is not the independent value of the precusor. It is the relative cost, not the cost of your zap/bolt vs the cost of the current dusk/twilight that is important. Similarly to your zap (261 then, 400-450 now), Dusk was about 200g less at that particular point of time.

Just to clarify, the point of doing the comparison is that bolt is a t1 legendary in cost, and having the ability to farm a t1 legendary through mostly gold gain in a month + 1 week is not healthy for the economy. In the discussion of an “honest farm”, I disagree that CoF1 qualifies. Repeating a path 100s of times, with the efficiency not hindered by DR (which is obviously meant to deter repeating a path that many times, but is obviously failing here) is the issue. I would be totally ok with the level of reward CoF1 offers now if it’s on a dungeon path that requires more effort (not more time, but more effort, hense Arah P3 as an example). That’s the main concern here for me.

(edited by ryokoalways.3450)

Posted by: Teenwolf.9174

Teenwolf.9174

I’m torn…

I just laugh out loud for real. I play a ranger as my main and there is absolutely ZERO possible way for a ranger to even come close to the numbers a warrior can put up. Heck, they cant even come close to the numbers my mesmer puts up. Which is why I have a mesmer and warrior to run CoF 1….

Posted by: Fegelein.7026

Fegelein.7026

Simple answer to OP: No, it shouldn’t be nerfed. Any viable/legal farming spot should not be nerfed. Not everyone is looking for a “challenging” dungeon and is simply doing it to farm. So if you’re the type of player who wants challenging pve stuff then do the other paths or dungeons and avoid the farming dungeons that we enjoy

Posted by: Infernia.9847

Infernia.9847

Just because a dungeon takes a long time to run does not make it challenging or fun. And the same ideology applies to short dungeons (just because it’s short doesn’t make it faceroll easy). The key is providing adequate reward for effort/difficulty.
CoF 1 is not challenging but it pays well.
Farming CoF 1 is a symptom of a larger problem. Where else in this game are you going to get rewarded decently? Not saying an 8min run is rewarded properly but the reason people do it is because there are few other options.
Make some short run dungeons that are extremely challenging. Bosses that are immune to melee for a time then switch to immune to ranged. Bosses that are particularly vulnerable to a certain condition. And if hit by it then melee damage works again. Make a smart boss that tallies its type of damage received and then buffs itself against that particular type of damage. Use environmental advantages the list could go on indefinitely.
Adding huge health pools or insta-kill attacks does not make a challenge. +1hr dungeons aren’t always fun sometimes they are just tedious. But for the love of all that is Tyria please reward those ultra-long dungeons and high level fractals with Real rewards.

Blackgate : Level 80 Ranger, Necro, Guardian, Warrior
Devs: Trait Challenge Issued

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

what i want is, a transparent red or blue barrier behind every “trash mob” in every dungeon, until those “trash mobs” are dead.

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Looking forward to the end of cof boostruns, all paths. I hope they will make the dungeon, finally, uberhard , fun and exciting and impossible to be completed fast.
I’m surprised after 7 months we still have to deal with those gold grinders.

what i want is, a transparent red or blue barrier behind every “trash mob” in every dungeon, until those “trash mobs” are dead.

I forgot how many times i was asking to Anet to put walls or any other solution on every dungeon to force an end to skipsruns. I like your idea.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)

Infernia.9847

^^Easy there is no final chest on a path until that dungeon path is cleared. Flag set when no mobs remain, chest appears.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

^^Easy there is no final chest on a path until that dungeon path is cleared. Flag set when no mobs remain, chest appears.

I can already see every pug clearing whole arah.

Posted by: SirPookins.9851

SirPookins.9851

Please increase gold benefits of other dungeons instead of changing difficulty of COF. Time spent should equates to X amount of gold in chest or gold from a mob. Assume groups are average, meaning any group of people. Also, lower the amount of money by 3-4 silver per chest. This will fix the issue.

Lucas Ashrock.8675

My entire set was a whole clear, even the tiniest enemy was killed , every pug run. Ahh good old days when people wasn’t skipping.. real worthy players to wear the armor..

Superb idea. No reward until 100% of the dungeon is cleaned.

Please increase gold benefits of other dungeons instead of changing difficulty of COF. Time spent should equates to X amount of gold in chest or gold from a mob. Assume groups are average, meaning any group of people. Also, lower the amount of money by 3-4 silver per chest. This will fix the issue.

This idea is awesome if you add tokens too. Would put an end on people kicking players near last boss, abusing of the kick system

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

(edited by Lucas Ashrock.8675)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Poor Giants.

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Uhm ye, pretty fancy fight. Sometimes we had to leave them, not always every pug was able hehe (But it was always “accidentally” lured haha ) Impressive how was more boring deal with a giant into arah then lupi lol

So, an ETA about a new worthy Cof?

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

It just needs to be brought on par with other dungeon paths.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

No, don’t nerf it. It’s a good way for people to earn money and it’s no where near as fast as some people who play the trading post and make alot more gold per hour. Leave it

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

My entire set was a whole clear, even the tiniest enemy was killed , every pug run. Ahh good old days when people wasn’t skipping.. real worthy players to wear the armor.

I don’t see how clearing every mob gives any kind of gratification you’d want to expect. Silvers aren’t challenging except few instances.

Infernia.9847

Agreed that wave after wave of trash mob with tons of health is not fun to clear, but that’s where the devs come in. If they decide to eliminate the possibility of speed running dungeons then they have to compensate for the time difference. No one wants to spend hours in a dungeon clearing everything for little to no reward.

One option is to reduce mob density while keeping health pools high but boosting loot table rewards. Even adding an RNG chance of receiving 1-3 tokens on top of the loot table for the dungeon trash mobs would be good.
They are the ones that know approx. how long they wanted each path to take. Teams shaving off a few minutes is no big deal but we are talking about a speed run, and they aren’t shaving off just a few minutes.
Don’t worry I am pretty sure any nerf to CoF p1 will take a lot of planning and foresight. The sheer amount of people no longer contained within dungeon instances, the diminishing amount of gold circulating, fewer mats & ectos from dungeon token salvages, a temporarily destabilized economy. All these things will be taken into account and addressed before they take away the last remaining farming spot.

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

I would say that, yes, I do want CoF farming to be nerfed in some way. Not that I have anything against CoF, or against those who run it for quick/easy rewards, but I do feel it’s become the obvious default choice. The other dungeons or group areas in the game are near totally vacant because CoF is so far above them in terms of reward for time/efffort.

Posted by: Lily Miranda.5407

Lily Miranda.5407

I would like dungeons to be more even in terms of how much loot you get for the difficulty and time spent.

CoF p1 does need a nerf, but other dungeons need buffs. If a certain path is long and/or difficult, it should give more rewards than one that takes 7 minutes to complete.

Posted by: Vincaro.7159

Vincaro.7159

In my opinion all they need to do to CoF P1 is make it so you can’t run past the bridge event, put in a door that doesn’t open until that event is completed and the guards and turrets outside are killed.

Posted by: Orc Slayer.2780

Orc Slayer.2780

No, I do not want it nerfed. There are days where I only have 15 mins and want to do a dungeon. This is perfect for me.

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

I say the same. Make the bridge event unskippable and triple or quadruple all the boss HPs in P1 like the end boss in HOTW P1. That will slow the run down a ton.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

(edited by Sauzo.6821)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Triple their damage.

Posted by: Zeppelin.6832

Zeppelin.6832

They don’t need to nerf cof p1; they need to buff other dungeons so that people want to run them.

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I don’t like the way it is now. If you think about money sources and money sinks, COF path 1 is a huge money source. However, it’s only a source for people who want to run COF (personally, I do it only when I need some money).

To absorb that extra gold, they need more money sinks. These come in the form of badges + gold for armor in WvWvW, merits + gold for accessories, etc. These sinks hurt everyone equally.

So, as a player, if I don’t run COF path 1 I will be poorer for it. (I don’t use the source, but I have to deal with the sink.)

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.