Dredge Fractal discussion

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: RyuuAkari.6589

RyuuAkari.6589

All I am seeing in this thread is “My skill is to inadequate to complete this content. please make it not as hard so I can feel better about my inadequacies…”

As a wise man once told me; “wish not for a simple life, but for strength to endure a kittene.”

I don’t know if you understand what people are up rioting on. Or maybe I should say you don’t understand what the main problem with the dredge fractal is.

There are so many points pointed out by the players here of why Dredge fractal should be redesigned. Sure we can do it how it is now, but the way the map is designed is not fun, its frustrating, and at they very least. All the kitten effort you spend in that one map has a crappy reward compared to 3 paths of AC.

mark my kitten word when FUN AND EFFORT is not met. That is when people walk away from the content.

I don’t know if you have tried dredge fractal at level 50. Do you find it fun battering through endless of spawn of dredge? Maybe die thousand of times because the PUG you party with didn’t know what to do, and despite explaining them millions of times they don’t get it? Or maybe you enjoy spending 1-2hours on one map because it was chosen by RNG?

I seriously don’t understand the core idea of why you are trying to be such optimistic about “life is this and life is that”. It’s a game, a-net has and CAN change the content. They want people to play their content then, fixed so it becomes enjoyable for people. Wither you lack skill in PvE or not. Dredge fractal is not fun. I bet 90% of the post here even demonstrate this to you. So please. Stop trying to defend them with these wise word and look at the kitten facts.

DREDGE IS NOT KITTEN FUN

Welcome to the Void! Here we gaze back into the Mist. With Hope. And Desperation.

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

That is exactly why Anet doesnt do things properly with their dungeon design, class balance, and many other things…

Because there’s always that ONE GUY who says the content is fine, and 90% of all players just need to man up or something.

Dredge Fractal is horrid, it is not fun, and is NOT challenging, what it really is frustrating and painful. I have NEVER been with a group that when they get dredge as the third fractal they dont curse their lungs out.

Posted by: fabipm.4359

fabipm.4359

Thanks Anet,
I stop Fractals today.
I used to do this exploits because this fractal in 49+ is awful, i do not want to spend 2 hours in it with 25 minutes on rabsovich and his 250 friends (i checked the time, 25 minutes is accurate). I think there are almost 1000 dredges in this fractal with infinite respawn and no loot, that is AMAZING design.
Now i learn that exploit at the beginning is fixed.
I cannot go there one more time now, this is too painful, the opposite of fun, then why play it ? I play a game for fun, not for being beaten by 250 veterans with 15 buffs.

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

All I am seeing in this thread is “My skill is to inadequate to complete this content. please make it not as hard so I can feel better about my inadequacies…”

As a wise man once told me; “wish not for a simple life, but for strength to endure a kittene.”

I don’t know if you understand what people are up rioting on. Or maybe I should say you don’t understand what the main problem with the dredge fractal is.

I understand that people get upset when they cannot complete something.

There are so many points pointed out by the players here of why Dredge fractal should be redesigned. Sure we can do it how it is now, but the way the map is designed is not fun, its frustrating, and at they very least. All the kitten effort you spend in that one map has a crappy reward compared to 3 paths of AC.

Play the game for fun not reward.

mark my kitten word when FUN AND EFFORT is not met. That is when people walk away from the content.

Let them leave then. No one is forcing them to play this game.

I don’t know if you have tried dredge fractal at level 50. Do you find it fun battering through endless of spawn of dredge? Maybe die thousand of times because the PUG you party with didn’t know what to do, and despite explaining them millions of times they don’t get it? Or maybe you enjoy spending 1-2hours on one map because it was chosen by RNG?

I am in DnT so I have done a dredge at level 65+ in less than 40 min (clown car scaling is a bit ridiculous.) I also do a 48 daily.

I seriously don’t understand the core idea of why you are trying to be such optimistic about “life is this and life is that”. It’s a game, a-net has and CAN change the content.

Just because the can change it does not mean they will.

They want people to play their content then, fixed so it becomes enjoyable for people. Wither you lack skill in PvE or not. Dredge fractal is not fun. I bet 90% of the post here even demonstrate this to you. So please. Stop trying to defend them with these wise word and look at the kitten facts.

I think the dredge fractal is fun. It requires some level of understanding the class that is being played. (Somthing that is lacking in our community… just look at Marionette)

DREDGE IS NOT KITTEN FUN

That’s just your opinion man.

What do we do when we get knocked down? We pick ourselves up again. Learn to overcome these difficulties and you will be a better player in the end. Dredge is not impossible. Dredge is not even that long of a shard. Just look at some YouTube videos if you don’t think you can complete dredge in a fair amount of time.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Aden Celeste.3650

Tree, will you please stop shoving your superiority complex to the rest of the community? if you like dredge so much, keep doing it until you see dredge even on your bowl of cereal. This post is meant to let anet know the rest of the player base is not interested in un-fun mechanics that take 1hr to complete. If its not fun, it doesn’t matter the challenge or whatever, ITS JUST NOT FUN.

Posted by: waxpax.6350

waxpax.6350

This is a game. Play if for entertainment not reward, otherwise you are in for a big disappointment.

I know you’re probably trolling like you usually do when you post on the forums but: all people play for a reward, whether that reward is gold, a certain item, bragging rights that they are better than others because they can do what most people fail at, or something else. Entertainment itself could be considered a reward. People stop playing the game or certain content once they feel they aren’t getting a reward, once they feel it’s not worth it anymore.

I know you play for a reward too, you play for the satisfaction of completing challenging content, that’s why you mostly just run fotm anymore, because it is the most difficult pve content; I understand the draw of that reward and it’s one I chase at times too. I like dredge though, to me it’s much better than cliffside because at least most of the dredge drop loot.

I can say that I haven’t done dredge completely legit for probably over 3 or 4 months though, every time I got it with you or anyone else in my party we used a mesmer to get in the cage, and I know most people used harpy feathers for the switch after the fractured update until those were nerfed. It’s not hard to do the shard legit, it just takes time and a little coordination but it’s easier to exploit a blink or exploit the ai to do the bomb event by stealthing to the door and going one at a time so the dredge don’t pick up the bombs.

The fact that the majority of people use exploits to deal with this shard reflects poorly on the design of the shard. When even the most hardcore pve guilds in game decide to exploit the dredge shard because it’s not worth the effort to do it as the developers intended it to be done, I think some changes need to be made to the shard. That is the main point of this thread, too, I believe.

I really wish that anet would make good, well thought out fixes like they used to (like the change to the end of cm p1 and p3) rather than quick fixes like adding invisible walls, actual walls, or adding more (sometimes invulnerable) mobs, . I doubt such fixes will happen though as there is no dungeon/fotm team anymore and good quality fixes don’t move as many gems as a limited time dye or w/e. It’s been like this since they decided to just remove ta f/u rather than fix the bug that made that dungeon impossible for most pugs. Maybe they’ll eventually just remove dredge since it’s difficult for pugs to do legit. Guess we’ll see if TA F/U threads come back as Dredge threads.

Tree.3916

Tree, will you please stop shoving your superiority complex to the rest of the community? if you like dredge so much, keep doing it until you see dredge even on your bowl of cereal. This post is meant to let anet know the rest of the player base is not interested in un-fun mechanics that take 1hr to complete. If its not fun, it doesn’t matter the challenge or whatever, ITS JUST NOT FUN.

It’s not a superiority complex. I just won’t participate in the kitten that is a flame post. Remember, this content has been out for quite a long time (Nov 2012 to be exact). People had problems with it then just as they are now. Don’t you think that if it was designed poorly it would have already been redesigned?

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Ima have to say that it probably wouldn’t be redesigned even if it was bad because they don’t care about dungeons.

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

Don’t you think that if it was designed poorly it would have already been redesigned?

Circular reasoning. There’s a lot of stuff overlooked by the developers, and Fractals and dungeons certainly are one of them.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

Tree.3916

Don’t you think that if it was designed poorly it would have already been redesigned?

Circular reasoning. There’s a lot of stuff overlooked by the developers, and Fractals and dungeons certainly are one of them.

So you are saying that the people that manage this product have overlooked something? I doubt that.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

So you are saying that the people that manage this product have overlooked something? I doubt that.

This made me LOL so freakin hard I almost spit out my drink.

The subtlety and word choice are pure genius.

Aden Celeste.3650

If Tree’s goal was to irritate me then he is doing a fine job. The developers are not gods that can see everything from a players perspective, and the majority of players do not like dredge fractal at all. Tree disrespects everyone’s thoughts on dredge while at the same time posting some “L2P” talk to everyone that doesn’t agree with his view on dredge.

J Eberle.9312

Imagine a blind man wearing a blindfold just to be sure… tied to a chair in a pitch black room with padlocked doors and no windows.

Every so often he mutters to himself
‘I can see everything, I am doing a great job.’

Meanwhile outside the world burns.

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

I am fairly sure around 99% of the player base thinks the dredge fractal is stupid and needs to be changed (speculation here)

I am also fairly sure that we will never see a live stream of the devs playing a 40+ dredge fractal, its because they can’t do it, they would end up spending several hours failing the first console part then probably end the stream, thus, they wont do it.

Tree.3916

If Tree’s goal was to irritate me then he is doing a fine job. The developers are not gods that can see everything from a players perspective, and the majority of players do not like dredge fractal at all. Tree disrespects everyone’s thoughts on dredge while at the same time posting some “L2P” talk to everyone that doesn’t agree with his view on dredge.

The developers have more information than we the players. We only speculate whereas the developers are able to make informed decisions about what content is put into this game. We have no idea how their engine works let alone how their development process works. The dredge fractal has been tested and approved for release (this is evident since we are able to consume that content).

I’m not posting “L2P” talk. I simply say, if you find the content challenging, then educate yourself on the encounters, think about how your class can make the encounter easier, transpose that into a group setting, then refine your ideas, then finally test your hypothesis.

“I can’t do what you just said in a PUG setting…”
My answer to that is, find a few other people who are willing to learn and experiment. I don’t see why you would want easier content. The sense of accomplishment after doing the above steps is reward enough when you know YOU overcame the hardship where so many others failed.

“It’s still too hard…”
If you do the above steps and still cannot complete dredge in a reasonable amount of time, whisper me in game (my account name is on all my posts) and I will personally guide you through the shard so we can experience it together.

Fun fact.
Did you know that in Mandarin(a popular Chinese dialect) the word for crisis also doubles for the word opportunity? In the face of adversity, don’t shy away from hardship, embrace the challenge and overcome it to become a stronger person.

(edited by Tree.3916)

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

The fact that the majority of people use exploits to deal with this shard reflects poorly on the design of the shard. When even the most hardcore pve guilds in game decide to exploit the dredge shard because it’s not worth the effort to do it as the developers intended it to be done, I think some changes need to be made to the shard. That is the main point of this thread, too, I believe.

That’s not exactly a good argument. Most hardcore pve guilds also exploit(ed) arah p3/p4 and many more.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

That’s not exactly a good argument. Most hardcore pve guilds also exploit(ed) arah p3/p4 and many more.

I agree. I was about to point just that out. People exploited CoE about a year ago so they could do all paths in a single run. That didnt mean that anything was wrong with the dungeon.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Meh if you die of boredom then it surely needs work.

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

I’ve fallen asleep at the keyboard twice (that I can recall) during the clown car on lvl 48, 49, or 50 daily runs.

Zelendel

(edited by Tentonhammr.7849)

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

its because of this frac that I will only bring my necromancer in to FotM anymore. Conditions go through protection and you can easily strip the boons on the dredge. It makes the fights shorter.

but this does nothing for the crazy, meticulous mechanics that are required to finish this frac. Even on my level 5 difficulty run last night this particular fractal took an extra 20 minutes to finish…

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Ayrilana.1396

The mechanics shouldn’t be too bad. The recent change didn’t really have that much of an impact in the time it takes. Just about every group that I have been in that tried to do the jp into the cage took longer than if they had done it the legit way. The only exception would be with Mesmer but you can’t guarantee that you’d have one every run.

The bomb event is still the same as before the update and there’s a way to do it that many people either choose not to do or just do not know about. It’s not more efficient than the single thief running bombs but it definitely better than playing attempting to zerg the door with the bombs with the dredge surrounding you.

The dredge car definitely could use some work. I don’t see anything particularly challenging about standing in one place for 10 minutes which auto attacking dredge.

I suggest people use team coordination and at least try the “new” ways for doing the console and bomb events a few times. All I normally see are people complaining about those two while doing it the same way repeatedly and not attempting to find a better way to do it.

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

The developers have more information than we the players. We only speculate whereas the developers are able to make informed decisions about what content is put into this game. We have no idea how their engine works let alone how their development process works. The dredge fractal has been tested and approved for release (this is evident since we are able to consume that content).

I’m not posting “L2P” talk. I simply say, if you find the content challenging, then educate yourself on the encounters, think about how your class can make the encounter easier, transpose that into a group setting, then refine your ideas, then finally test your hypothesis.

“I can’t do what you just said in a PUG setting…”
My answer to that is, find a few other people who are willing to learn and experiment. I don’t see why you would want easier content. The sense of accomplishment after doing the above steps is reward enough when you know YOU overcame the hardship where so many others failed.

“It’s still too hard…”
If you do the above steps and still cannot complete dredge in a reasonable amount of time, whisper me in game (my account name is on all my posts) and I will personally guide you through the shard so we can experience it together.

Fun fact.
Did you know that in Mandarin(a popular Chinese dialect) the word for crisis also doubles for the word opportunity? In the face of adversity, don’t shy away from hardship, embrace the challenge and overcome it to become a stronger person.

Stop right there,

The problems isnt “L2p” at all… We know the pulls, skills, fights and best ways to deal with it.

The Problem is the amount of unlimited respawns, and the fact that some of there attacks CANT be blocked or reflected at all making that mechanic pointless.

Spending a stupid long time to kill a Clown Car isnt fun or challenging at all… you just stack at the front and auto attack….

Staying on the Foot Pedals is fine IF you could block ALL the attacks, but some of them will hit 2-3 times and can not be stopped but evade skill and Invul skills, and you should have to swtich classes in a dungeon to beat one part.

AGAIN!!! Its not “to hard” at all, it is full of pointless fights with no meaning or sense behind them.

SAB or RIOT

Ayrilana.1396

All ranged attacks could be reflected unless I’m forgetting something. Even that shock wave attack can be reflected. Which attacks are you referring to that cannot be reflected or blocked?

If done properly, the first two panels leading to the final cage should not be an issue if you use coordination to minimize how long someone needs to be in that cage. Realistically, they shouldn’t need to be in there for more than a few seconds. For the final cage, it’s easier to kill the left side and have someone kite the rest. Just make sure to grab that veteran that spawns before the person at the console aggros it.

Natsu Dragneel.1625

The shock waves cannot be reflected, and the majority of the dredge use that, the only reflectable attacks are the dredge stargazers? the ones with the rifles that shoot the bullet, but there arn’t even that many of them compared to the others. I would venture a guess at 70-80% of the dredge are unreflectable, and blocks are useless (assuming aegis and other short blocks/block 1 attacks) when you have 30+ all spamming the same skills that 2-3 hit you.

Also remember that dredge cannot be blinded. do you have any idea how much that screws over a zerker guardian? :‘( :’( :’(

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

Ratnik, stargazers, bombers can all be reflected. The miners/disaggregators either dug themselves or melees – those are the ones that can’t be reflected, because they’re actually meleeing you.

However the boss’s shockwave is unreflectable.

Use shield of the avenger, wall of reflection and/or sanctuary. I prefer staff/hammer to prevent being ganked by tons of melee dredge.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

I am willing to buy a dredge skip RNG booster from the Gems store and not have to go through this….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Tree’s just trolling you all. That statement alone should be enough to demonstrate that he means the complete opposite of everything he’s said. His sarcasm doesn’t come out well because this is a forum and his name isn’t Stephen Colbert.

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

GREAT JOB GETTING THIS FIXED!!!
Now every pug is going to rage quit before they even get passed the second room!
A+ thread and A+ dev.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Tree.3916

I’m not trolling. How hard is it to believe that they have this game under control? They proved they can manage a game with GW1. Just because their vision of the game does not line up with yours does not mean they are irresponsible with this game. Remember, their lively hood depends on the success of this game so they are going to prioritize issues with that in mind.

J Eberle.9312

~~~They are strong independent living story developers who don’t need no dungeons.~~~

<3 <3 <3

Posted by: Asami.3572

Asami.3572

So I timed the lvl 50 dredge my group just got and completed. We did the panel thing very smoothly the first go around – thanks to our mesmer placing a portal for the person that stood on the 2nd button that opens the gate to the main area. Even with it going as smoothly as it did and no party wipes it took us a total of 36 minutes. Seems a bit long for something that’s supposed to be a mini dungeon type thing in my opinion. Especially considering that the other fractals usually take around 15-20 minutes max.

p.s. It was a pug group

Silver Koneko/Silver Kom Trikru/Lime Dorito
BG

(edited by Asami.3572)

Ayrilana.1396

The shock waves cannot be reflected, and the majority of the dredge use that, the only reflectable attacks are the dredge stargazers? the ones with the rifles that shoot the bullet, but there arn’t even that many of them compared to the others. I would venture a guess at 70-80% of the dredge are unreflectable, and blocks are useless (assuming aegis and other short blocks/block 1 attacks) when you have 30+ all spamming the same skills that 2-3 hit you.

Also remember that dredge cannot be blinded. do you have any idea how much that screws over a zerker guardian? :‘( :’( :’(

Shock waves can be reflected with wall of reflection. Try it. I’m not referring to the boss which can easily be dodged.

Natsu Dragneel.1625

I have, every single dredge I have ever been in, not once have the shock waves been reflected.

Ayrilana.1396

I have, every single dredge I have ever been in, not once have the shock waves been reflected.

Are you standing on the wall or are you leaving some distance? The shock wave does have a large hit box.

And to address the second part of your previous post, I was just saying that the attacks can be blocked. I wasn’t arguing the viability of it when there’s so many of them.

Here’s some confirmations from other people that have tested it, including on mesmer with temporal curtain.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/AC-Cave-troll-projectiles/first#post1871410

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Erebus.3897

Erebus.3897

dredge is BORING, too long, and i HATE the noises dredge make, let alone when i have to slay torrential amounts of the little creepers.

Even if u know the mechanics, and/or the exploits, every single time u get that fractal, u just sigh in front of ur PC, be it with guildies, friends or pugs… we all hate it…

Hell we have learned how to run it, exploit it, and have found a work around most of the “fixes” ANet has provided.

I think is time that ANet realizes Dredge is a faulty design and remove it altogether…. Even if not they should either kill it or redesign it due to popular demand….

Commander Gladius Deum [ART]
Gate of Madness

Posted by: nexusone.2367

nexusone.2367

I agree .. change the thing so that it is fun. I tend to run fractals with groups who don’t have optimized builds all the time and we want to have fun. We do not speed run through fractals but Dredge is just annoying for us on lvl10 as it is on lvl49.

I play the game for fun, I do not care if I get an inappropiate reward at the end for the time spent but dredge is just no fun at all.
We used the cage exploit a lot lately since at least this made the first part quite quick (apart from a few wipes) but the rest is just tedious.

My solution for this, rage quit at every single dredge fractal we get from now on.

I can for example live with mai trin although she is a pain, but at least that is content which is challenging EVEN with wipes .. but dredge, nty .. not even for 1000 heavy bags …

(edited by nexusone.2367)

Posted by: Ramiel.4931

Ramiel.4931

If they fix the exploits, I’ll simply rage quit on ALL dredge fractals, not just the ones when I’m too annoyed to do them.

I honestly can’t be bothered doing that horrible example of dungeon design. Not worth the trouble and time spent.

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Tree, since you are in DnT and have all the “best” players available, can you post an up to date video of completing dredge the normal way, preferably 41+? This would help us plebs comprehend how easy the dungeon can be.

Personally I don’t mind doing the first part or the cage. My whole issue is the bomb/turret path and the endless grind from the dredge cart. Unnecessary amounts of dredge, cart eating attacks, immunity when first spawning, the rifle guys (can’t remember the name) that can shoot through the cart if you sit in the back.

So my suggestion is “Please sir can I have some more” DnT updated dredge video? Thanks,

Respectfully submitted,
Ken – The Onion

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: Bumbler.7581

Bumbler.7581

Let’s be real: in a few weeks enough pugs will have done dredge enough and know how to do that first part correctly that the only thing you will need to do at the start is signify who will get the first and second switches prior to the cage room. As Ayrilana has pointed out, it takes a similar amount of time to do the skips as it does regularly.

The only problem with dredge is it’s length in general. When I can run the other three fractals in the time it takes me to run the one dredge fractal, it becomes a little depressing. In my opinion, the best thing they can do to the fractal is remove the dredge car by having it run off the moment rabsovich is killed. That easily shaves 10minutes off of the fractal.

In Chancery (Jade Quarry, NA) – The Instance Mesmer
#readingLFGisOP #savethewarden
#wallsfixdungeons

Tree.3916

Tree, since you are in DnT and have all the “best” players available, can you post an up to date video of completing dredge the normal way, preferably 41+? This would help us plebs comprehend how easy the dungeon can be.

Personally I don’t mind doing the first part or the cage. My whole issue is the bomb/turret path and the endless grind from the dredge cart. Unnecessary amounts of dredge, cart eating attacks, immunity when first spawning, the rifle guys (can’t remember the name) that can shoot through the cart if you sit in the back.

So my suggestion is “Please sir can I have some more” DnT updated dredge video? Thanks,

Respectfully submitted,
Ken – The Onion

Sure. It will take some time since we can’t roll for dredge first like before and there is some rng when we get to the third shard. Obal is currently updating all of his fractal guides at lvl48 so keep checking his YouTube channel!

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I definitely want to watch a dev-stream of this fractal in level 41+.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Let’s be real: in a few weeks enough pugs will have done dredge enough and know how to do that first part correctly that the only thing you will need to do at the start is signify who will get the first and second switches prior to the cage room. As Ayrilana has pointed out, it takes a similar amount of time to do the skips as it does regularly.

with pugs you will Always lose 15 min explaining …..
Another issue of anet is the total user unfriendly “puzzles” with Always 0 hints….and the hope dulfy or someone other covers it with a walkthrough….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Respectfully submitted,
Ken – The Onion

Sure. It will take some time since we can’t roll for dredge first like before and there is some rng when we get to the third shard. Obal is currently updating all of his fractal guides at lvl48 so keep checking his YouTube channel!

Thanks Tree, I do appreciate all the DnT videos. Cheers! Have a great weekend.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I think that most of the decent players will agree that the problem with Dredge is more related to its length and tedium than it is to its difficulty. That clown car consumes your time like a fat kid eats cake.
Cliffside is considered difficult by some, but I do enjoy it very much due to its mechanics.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I think that most of the decent players will agree that the problem with Dredge is more related to its length and tedium than it is to its difficulty. That clown car consumes your time like a fat kid eats cake.
Cliffside is considered difficult by some, but I do enjoy it very much due to its mechanics.

Is it me, or did they patch out the left path? Every single time I get Dredge I get the bombs?
I like Cliffside, but the first archdiviner is just… well, it’s not fun when he suddenly does a 180 degree turn and one shots you… :(

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Is it me, or did they patch out the left path? Every single time I get Dredge I get the bombs?
I like Cliffside, but the first archdiviner is just… well, it’s not fun when he suddenly does a 180 degree turn and one shots you…

I got lasers last night.

Also, though the Archdiviner likes to #360NOSCOPE on you, doesn’t it feel great when you successfully evade it, proving that run after run your senses have sharpened? That, my friend, is the feeling or progress.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I LOVE Cliffside. It’s one of the few situations where my Rocky shines. And I melee the boss all the way through, and yes, it feels good now my dodging sense is ‘sharpened’.

Dredge? Ugh… It’s a struggle to get constant rally to death…

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Do any devs actually play fractals above lvl 10?

At igher levels Dredge fractal is so long compared to other fractals that it’s better to just exit and start fractals from the start that go troug all the pain of doing it.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8xrv7IFopOqVGRpQ1JmMnZuaWs/edit?pli=1
TLDR: It is faster to restart fractals than play dredge fractal only if dredge takes more than ~2.3 times the time of the other possibilities. If the others take you 30 min, dredge would need to take 69+ minutes to merit restarting the run.

I think the Anet devs should do a live stream of them doing a level 40+ dredge fractal the legit way.

I would pay gems to see that. 1,000 would even be worth it.
make sure to tell them not to use their dev powers to insta-kill everything.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

they won’t do it, they don’t get paid for it besides they would mostlikely fail

did you see fractured preview? that dev spent most of the time being dead and it wasn’t even lv 40+

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: NyuuNeeChan.2891

NyuuNeeChan.2891

they won’t do it, they don’t get paid for it besides they would mostlikely fail

did you see fractured preview? that dev spent most of the time being dead and it wasn’t even lv 40+

And he was ranging everything with p/p, not using his utility skills. Don’t even remind me, i still get nightmares of that sometimes.

The only good thing in this fractal is boss that requires coordination and is just fun. It would be awesome if they just left corridor before boss, and boss itself and made it into boss fractal.