in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: davidrdlee.7905

davidrdlee.7905

Wayfinder might want to look up what exploit means too

Dungeon Change

Posted by: katharsys.3467

katharsys.3467

I agree with making dungeons harder and i support it but dont nerf the rewards to the ground. I have yet to go in any of them this patch, but a friend said he did CM in 35 minutes(which hi didnt mind too), but died a couple of times(didnt mind that too), and in the end he saw that he got 5 silver reward that couldnt even cover up the repair for his armor. I am for making them harder but dont nerf the rewards so hard. Choose one of the two.

Dungeon Change

davidrdlee.7905

well Anet wanted the whole cookie not half

Dungeon Change

Posted by: Pony.3256

Pony.3256

I agree with making dungeons harder and i support it but dont nerf the rewards to the ground. I have yet to go in any of them this patch, but a friend said he did CM in 35 minutes(which hi didnt mind too), but died a couple of times(didnt mind that too), and in the end he saw that he got 5 silver reward that couldnt even cover up the repair for his armor. I am for making them harder but dont nerf the rewards so hard. Choose one of the two.

Lucky friend.
I finished and got 80 copper.
What?

Dungeon Change

Posted by: Delacroix.8594

Delacroix.8594

Clearing a dungeon is an exploit now? What?

Now we have the ANet Defense League.

Dungeon Change

Posted by: katharsys.3467

katharsys.3467

Lucky friend.
What?

The higher level you are the more gold you get, he was around 70 when he did it. Im assuming the reward on level 80 is 6-7 silver tops, which again would not cover the cost for repairs if you die three or more times…

Dungeon Change

Posted by: Kaaqeli.5108

Kaaqeli.5108

I wonder what happened to the ‘’Anet listens to the players’’ part. IMO this is the worst change so far, and I’m already thinking of a refund.

Dungeon Change

Posted by: Delacroix.8594

Delacroix.8594

Lucky friend.
What?

The higher level you are the more gold you get, he was around 70 when he did it. Im assuming the reward on level 80 is 6-7 silver tops, which again would not cover the cost for repairs if you die three or more times…

At level 80 you get 1s 80c.

Dungeon Change

Posted by: Pony.3256

Pony.3256

Lucky friend.
What?

At level 80 you get 1s 80c.

1s 80c?!?!
WOW lol that’s horrible!

Dungeon Change

Posted by: Danmaro.7453

Danmaro.7453

Wayfinder, you obviously have not run CoF : Magg path. The bomb section is impossible to clear without kiting single-file, and hoping you can last the timer.

Dungeon Change

davidrdlee.7905

HAHA wayfinder probably hasnt done a dungeon to know how it is now with NO REWARDS

Dungeon Change

Posted by: Yoonique.8514

Yoonique.8514

CoF as for now is nearly impossible to complete. First of all My team couldn’t even get Magg to cross the lava properly, All he does is die as soon as we start to cross.. after our long tried it passed. but when we reached the area where Magg has to plant the bomb, i think the Devs some short of increased the time. its NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE to hold that long my team and I take turn re-spawned 2-3 times just to hold for that time.. but still couldn’t make it.

Dungeon Change

Posted by: birdiegirl.2463

birdiegirl.2463

just ran cm story. took about 45 min. had a 80, 77, 65, 56, 55. we all died about 5-6 times due to added champions. rcvd 2 greens, 8 blues, 5 salvage bags and one yellow on final boss. cost over 2 silver each repair (3 times) and i got 7595 exp and 1s 25c. so I lost $ in repair costs. sold all blues and greens, might have made 2-3s on selling. overall, it was a loss of $ to run the dungeon.
for a level 40 dungeon, i cannot see a pug of 40s being able to do the run at all.

I like that they made it harder. it is doable. a little more thought and team work.. but to not even be able to get at least the cost of our repair out of it….that hurts.

Dungeon Change

Posted by: Prime.9450

Prime.9450

Hey guys!

I As I can see two major fixes for CoF are:

1. Now we have to clear up “magma field”, which include Champion imps + minions. Otherwise Magg will die. Due to event script or because of mobs killing him. Explain this part please.

2. Increased time on bomb planting before final event. So isn’t there only possible solution – kill mobs ASAP before they overnumber your party? Someday I was in a group of well geared people and managed to kill at least to “smoke” cats, 2 “silver” cats and all simple trash.

So for me its a simple change in rule: kill the champion Imp and nuke as many cats as you can whilst Magg plants his bomb. Simple? But in time measure yes – it will take extra 10 minuts per run.

Ranger Nova Stark – Far Shiverpeaks [EU]

Dungeon Change

Posted by: NixZero.7540

NixZero.7540

You want an explanation why they did what they did?

Anet told us before this game was released explorable wasn’t meant for pugging, it was meant for guild runs with communication etc. Yet everyone was doing speedruns of a certain path and you don’t think that’s supposed to be fixed?

so why it need to be farmed 90 times for each sets?
this dont make any sense, if it require to be farmed, it should be farmable.
if they dont want it to be farmed, they should make it rewarding at 1 run.
I have no problem with challenge, but I dont want to run a nearly-impossible dungeon 100 times, mindlessing repeated challenge is just stupid.
just make so each run give enough tokens for a full piece/weapon and I could like it.
as it is now, I will finish it once to see how it is and enjoy the challenge, then wathever, I wont make my eye bleed for 100 times.

(edited by NixZero.7540)

Dungeon Change

Posted by: Selfish Heals.6139

Selfish Heals.6139

The point being on those 2 dungeons was to farm them for gear so a new lvl 80 can get some sort of gear going into new content now that they have buffed those to near impossible completion and with no exciting reward at the end whats the point of even doing PVE dungeons anymore now that they have nerfed the reward and buffed the dungeon. So either alot of people are going to go to pvp or quit back to WoW, SWTOR, or Rift.

Dungeon Change

Posted by: JJGlyph.9746

JJGlyph.9746

I love this update. Will discourage players from just farming one dungeon over and over.

Dungeon Change

Selfish Heals.6139

Enjoying grinding more than what other players have been doing for the past 2 weeks for the exact same gear

Dungeon Change

Posted by: Deepcuts.9740

Deepcuts.9740

I love a good challenge, but really?
I just did a CM run with 3 80s 1 74 and me, 59
Everyone got one shoot killed multiple times.

May I remind you that CM is a level 30 Dungeon?
Why bother putting a level tag on a Dungeon if level 80 players get killed like rats?

This is not normal/hard difficulty, but plain stupidity from ANet.
Don’t get me started with rewards. YUK.
Do they really think all the player base will buy gems with real money?
Because that is the only explanation I have for making things so unrewarding.

(edited by Deepcuts.9740)

Dungeon Change

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

I love this update. Will discourage players from just farming one dungeon over and over.

Yeah. It will discourage them from doing dungeons at all. What a great patch.

Dungeon Change

Posted by: Warbog The Slayer.8412

Warbog The Slayer.8412

You want an explanation why they did what they did?

Anet told us before this game was released explorable wasn’t meant for pugging, it was meant for guild runs with communication etc. Yet everyone was doing speedruns of a certain path and you don’t think that’s supposed to be fixed?

Grow some balls, and actually play this game. Try some different paths instead, you might like the rewarding feeling it gives when you complete an actual challenging dungeon.

THANK YOU ANET FOR NOT NERFING CONTENT, BUT BUFFING IT INSTEAD. Don’t listen to these people and keep your promise about explorable supposed to be hard.

Exactly THIS. I am mostly casual when it comes to gaming, but I totally agree with this.
They buffed dungeons, but did not break them. Speed-farming was an issue ! Well said Toffy !

If you think speed clearing via exploits was OK, then you probably were one of the dudes making 10g per hour in CoF.

…ya right , speed clear is the problem, okey lets say they make the rewards like 3 silver and some tokens , let the dungeon like that , or make it 10 times harder and give us at least 1 rare from chest and let the reward the same way they were , but no they had to give us less reward too when dungeon is harder. fanboy will always remain fanboy

Dungeon Change

Posted by: Lasica.5068

Lasica.5068

I did CM story mode tonight at level 40. I died 5 times in the run, last time through at level 45 on my guardian I didn’t die once. So the difficultly has certainly increased significantly.

Where did I die.
1) To robot at the start. I avoided him for most of the fight then he turned on me and one-shot me. No one revived me, he kept hitting me and I died.
2) To the door guard. Again he turned on my and one-shot me while I was trying to revive one of my team mates. No one revived me, I died.
3) + 4) To the group that spawns near the drunken Norn (I believe this is new with 4 new mobs running into the fight). The rest of my team died and I was left vs. the entire group of enemies and I wasn’t able to defeat them all. This happened twice, the second time I killed most of the fighters and we were left with two fighters and a champion when we tried again so it was much easier, although I still lost 2 teammates again.
5) To the 2nd group of dogs. For the first group my team ran off and I was left solo vs. the champion guy. He was easy to solo but I think they had trouble with the dogs. For the 2nd group I was fighting both the dogs and the boss. I eventually ran out of teammates and died.

Overall I think it was more a failure of my group rather than the dungeon being too hard. I never got revived once (I was only downed about 8 times in the dungeon and 5 of those I died, the others I either recovered or healed up). The rest of my team seemed to be very squishy and were constantly being downed so I had to spend almost as much time reviving them as fighting them. They didn’t do basic stuff like CCing enemies or avoiding the snipers and bombers attacks. The toughest bosses are still the first and second ones because they one-shot me. The rest was quite easy once you learn to avoid enemy attacks. The champion enemies after the door guard boss were pitifully easy.

Rewards were 13s + the helm (which I note no longer matches the noble set so something seems wrong there). I also got a rare trident as a drop which was level 39 and a major upgrade for me and roughly 2/3rds of a level. All up, after tallying repairs and selling worthless drops I made about 20s which I was satisfied with.

Why make sense, when it’s so much more fun to make nonsense?

Dungeon Change

Selfish Heals.6139

They do this exactly 1 week before WoW releases their new xpac onto the world i wonder how many people are going to pre-order Pandaland and go back to WoW from this diminishing game.

Dungeon Change

Posted by: VaticanIscariot.1732

VaticanIscariot.1732

Is Arenanet doing a Diablo 3? LOL.. Making things harder while giving crappy rewards. I got crappy loot from dungeon before.

I think they should EITHER buff dungeon OR nerf rewards. Can’t do both.

Right now, I only do Ascalon Catacombs once for each character because it is not worth my time. Too long/hard for mostly blue items and 1 level (about 1-2hour of work).

Dungeon Change

Posted by: DarthVarner.9246

DarthVarner.9246

I’m all for fixing exploits, and the community manager that was quoted earlier seems to think that’s all that happened here. NOT true. CM story is no longer puggable. Everything seemed harder yet possible up until the boss around the drunk guy.

THAT fight is now massively overtuned; the new 3 thieves who rush in charge, chain knockbacks, and hit like a truck even against a fully support / vit+toughness specced guardian. The pub players I were playing with may have had lesser skill, but even focusing targets everyone fell like wheat to a scythe. I used every trick in my book, and could hardly keep myself alive. As a team, we couldn’t even burn one mob out of apparently 7 needed… and the fight resets health.

I guess it penalizes graveyard zerg, but also caused two separate groups to break up and three people to ninja log out. I’ve never had a worse experience in a GW2 dungeon.

This is CM Story, emphasis on STORY. Nerf the rewards if you have to. But keep it possible for pub groups. I’m a fairly good player, and this is unreasonable.

Compeyson | [EPIC] | Sanctum of Rall

(edited by DarthVarner.9246)

Dungeon Change

Posted by: Fiddler.4582

Fiddler.4582

Speed running dungeons is an exploit?
Well well Anet, better suspend everyone who has run the dungeon 50-100 times and perma ban people who have done it over 100.