Dungeon Finder Sorely Needed

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Efaicia.3672

Efaicia.3672

Destroyed is subjective. LFG destroyed Rift for me as the developers had to specifically dumb down the dungeons to accomidate the lack of coorditation and random classes thrown together in their dungeon finder and so made my chosen role of support absolutely useless in the aspect of the game I favored most. I stopped my subscription shortly thereafter.

It did not however destroy the game for the aoe facemash zerg crowd as that is what the dungeons were turned into to accomidate the dungeon finder.

So I guess yet again, it is up to ArenaNet and what they want their game turned into.

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

Destroyed is subjective. LFG destroyed Rift for me as the developers had to specifically dumb down the dungeons to accomidate the lack of coorditation and random classes thrown together in their dungeon finder and so made my chosen role of support absolutely useless in the aspect of the game I favored most. I stopped my subscription shortly thereafter.

It did not however destroy the game for the aoe facemash zerg crowd as that is what the dungeons were turned into to accomidate the dungeon finder.

So I guess yet again, it is up to ArenaNet and what they want their game turned into.

You described the problem really well here. Since I made my post above I was trying to think of a good way of summarizing it, but you did perfectly. It’s pretty well what happened with WoW also.

Posted by: Tetsuo.2593

Tetsuo.2593

Destroyed is very subjective indeed, as Rift is pretty much alive, even with an old subscription based model where TOR is striving to survive and going into a F2P as a last attempt to stay alive.

You don’t have to dumb down your content because of LFG. Nobody is asking for that. We are just asking for Anet to keep with its promise of ‘log in and play’ MMO, that’s all.

Posted by: Pennry.9215

Pennry.9215

Automatic group formation rarely works right. LFG global chat channels get overrun with BS spam about anything from RMT to how one’s mother’s basement needs air fresheners. So I add in support for just adding to our existing LFG tool. And having it under Contacts does make some sense. Where else would you go to contact people?

Posted by: Efaicia.3672

Efaicia.3672

Is that not what you do? Log in and Play? Thats what I do. Thats what everyone has done so far in this game. But if you SERIOUSLY believe that the crying about how hard dungeons are is bad now, wait until you see what happens after a dungeon finder is implimented. I honestly would hate to put our already abused developers through that.

The best one I have ever seen was in Aion. Where the group leader could link their group and who was in it in chat to find more.

Posted by: Hawken.7932

Hawken.7932

Despite the fact that I’m personally against a standard LFG queue style tool — at least an automatic queue like in Rift or WoW — it would be a great area for Arenanet to innovate and come up with something new. Something which would maintain the values that they think are important while still making the process easier than asking in chat (aside from what’s there already).

(edited by Hawken.7932)

Posted by: Safire.9143

Safire.9143

Im disappointment every day anet… i think that u want to make game for players, like ree told in manifesto, but not, u are doing your own dungeon and game changes, and completly ignoring our suggestions… Why not dungeon finder ?? Its too hard do fing group of 5man in this game… there is LFG ? yes but its unusable… ur going to lose players if u dont realize suggest of your community…

Posted by: FeveredDreamer.2693

FeveredDreamer.2693

I hope they stick to their guns on issues like this. The whole LFG debate has been ongoing in every new MMO and eventually every game caves and we end up playing lobby-wars. There are many games out there already that offer all of this, there is no reason for GW2 to be one more in the pile. A global LFG chat channel might not be the end of the world, but even that honestly seems unnecessary. There are many ways to get yourself a dungeon group, people can use them.

Posted by: skaaz.4281

skaaz.4281

Member of Cradle Guard

Posted by: SeanPoez.8407

SeanPoez.8407

This is what i would like to see:

A server-wide LFG tool where players can sign up for up to 2 different dungeons at once. Signing up for a dungeon will put their name, level, and class (as well as an optional note) in a list for that dungeon. Then when someone goes to form a group for a dungeon they navigate to the page that corresponds to the dungeon they would like to run, and they then whisper (and/or just invite) the levels and classes they need to fill their group.

There will be zero automation, no rewards for ‘pugging’, no dailies, no power-boosts for being in a random group, and no teleports to the instance, etc. It will just be a method used to tell other people on your server that you’re interested in joining a group and that is it.

(edited by SeanPoez.8407)

Posted by: szar.9054

szar.9054

OK, lets make 1 point clear. When we say we need a Lfg tool we mean a tool to help find other players to form a group. A sever wide, possibly cross sever; tech premitting , list of people and the activities that they would like to do.

We are not expressly asking for a group finder that automatically tosses a group together inside an instance.

Im fairly certain that there is enough activity for most dungeons that forceful grouping can be delayed at least for a few months.

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Heck one thing I’d like in the current system is to let me put down a description of what I’m looking for a group for. Right now it’s just a catch all for group with no context.

Posted by: Fluffycalico.2715

Fluffycalico.2715

Many people hate dungeon finders because it finds you a pug…these dungeons are not ment for pugs so finding you a pug would not be helpful. Join a guild add friends to your friends list!

Posted by: JStereo.6953

JStereo.6953

I don’t think a dungeon finder is really necessary, but the LFG system needs a good looking at. Some things I would like to see:

-A much more prominent spot on the UI. The current one is somewhat hidden

-Maybe not cross-server, but it should definitely be cross-map. Being confined to one map while looking or advertising for a group is a serious defect IMO.

-Break down by category like what dungeon and what modes people are looking to run. In general it should have more info displayed than just who is looking for a group.

(edited by JStereo.6953)

Posted by: Safire.9143

Safire.9143

1) Give players the ability to type out which dungeons they are interested in, how many more they need for their group, etc.
2) Please make the listing cross-map
3) Maybe even make the dungeon listing system one of the main options in the upper left icons rather than hidden inside the friend UI.

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Many people hate dungeon finders because it finds you a pug…these dungeons are not ment for pugs so finding you a pug would not be helpful. Join a guild add friends to your friends list!

Eh, if the guild ain’t great you’re running into the same problem with an PUG. I have friends, but they play hours I have a hard time meeting.

For one I’d like to meet folks in dungeons and get to know them there. I don’t want to have to just pick up a random guild invite to get started.

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

This thread is very disappointing. What could the reasoning be to not implement a dungeon finder? Could ArenaNet really believe the misconceptions that many players have regarding dungeon difficulty and dungeon finders?

Dungeon finders are a huge plus for games. The let you skip straight to the fun part of doing a dungeon without all the waiting around trying to find a group. It seems like a natural fit for Guild Wars 2 and completely in line with their philosophy.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

Posted by: Time Glitch.2460

Time Glitch.2460

Thank Kittens!

To everyone complaining about the lack of one… Have you PLAYED WoW lately? EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. is sitting in Ogrimarr (don’t give no kitten about spelling it right) or the Alliance capital and queuing for dungeons through the finder. Nobody is in the world. Nobody is doing anything except SITTING THERE and QUEUING.

You can do this from lvl 20-85.

I don’t want the same to happen to GW2 from 30-80.

Posted by: Wasselin.1235

Wasselin.1235

Thank Kittens!

To everyone complaining about the lack of one… Have you PLAYED WoW lately? EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. is sitting in Ogrimarr (don’t give no kitten about spelling it right) or the Alliance capital and queuing for dungeons through the finder. Nobody is in the world. Nobody is doing anything except SITTING THERE and QUEUING.

Why do you blame the dungeon finder for this? It’s just a result of dungeons being the most dynamic content WoW has to offer— there is absolutely zero reason to be out in the world. Dungeons in WoW are also the only way to get rewards at high level— of course people are going to ignore the rest of the world and only care about going into dungeons.

Guild Wars 2 is not WoW. For one thing the queue times for dungeons would be very low, as the bottleneck in WoW is waiting around for a tank. There is also plenty of incentive to be out in the world.

“Please find my dear friends… Dead or Alive” -redmakoto

(edited by Wasselin.1235)

Posted by: Holdyir.2918

Holdyir.2918

Robert Hrouda.1327:
there are currently no plans to implement a dungeon finder.

Thank you! Keep on fighting the good fight ANET!

Posted by: Baselerd.4921

Baselerd.4921

The LFG tool is too hidden – very few people use it. On top of that, it only broadcasts to the map you’re in it seems. This nips the functionality of this tool at the bud…

So you can broadcast a LFG to what I would guess is a group of no more than a few hundred people, of which probably half (or less) know how to use the tool – and only one or two that do are actually looking for a group.

I can understand that there are concerns about spamming if there are server-wide LFG tools, but I’m sure the system could be designed in such a way that it restricted use to only matching people up for dungeons. I can imagine a browser similar to sPvP even, with lists of PUG groups forming with respective dungeons, etc.

Posted by: Minas.8701

Minas.8701

What’s the point of having an LFG system if it’s only map wide???

If I want to find people that are already on this map all I have to do is /m LFG

What purpose does the system serve?

The LFG system needs to be GLOBAL! and it needs to have a comment part that you can dictate what you are lfging for. And even after that it would be an LFG system from 8 years ago.

If you want me to waste 1 hour to find a dungeon group Anet, then I don’t want to do your freaking dungeon. Simple as abc.

Posted by: Albert.6394

Albert.6394

Honestly I can’t believe there are no plans to build a dungeon finder. My server already has a very low population from 1.5k+ people leaving because of the state of WvW, and it’s created a domino effect. It’s already hard to find dungeon groups and as more and more people lose interest in the game after a month, what am I expected to do on this server to find a group? Travel around every 70+ zone begging for people?

I’m really hoping that ANet can see the problem with leaving the system at just the current LFP interface and will do something to help out low population servers in finding groups.

Posted by: Lerlian.5190

Lerlian.5190

Work on the current LFG tool, don’t add one where you can queue up and get people from different servers. I hate the cross server LFG in WoW and I’ll hate it in here.

Posted by: Delphi.7402

Delphi.7402

This system does not stretch across servers, or to other maps.

And that’s exactly the problem. The similar LFG system in City of Heroes worked fine because it was server-wide (and you got to specify what you were looking for when listing yourself as LFG). Right now, the GW2 LFG system buys you next to nothing; you already have to travel to a zone to look for group members, so at this point, you can just as well advertise in map chat.

Posted by: neoplasmax.4286

neoplasmax.4286

Just add a COMMENT area… This comment is like 16 chars long tops… Let people enter what they want because you can make the biggest input list and someone will want to put something that’s not listed there. So it’s simple…

alter table contacts_lfg add column lfg_comment varchar (16) ;

I’m just guessing but lol…

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

there are currently no plans to implement a dungeon finder.

If you are having trouble finding groups for dungeons, you can use our LFG system. Open up your contacts menu in-game, and there should be an option in there for grouping. That way it’s not just people standing out in front of dungeons shouting LFG until someone invites them. This system does not stretch across servers, or to other maps.

This is not good enough. I’m sorry, but it’s not. Finding groups needs to be more efficient.

-Our normal levels (not effective) needs to be shown while in the current zone.
-Story Mode/Explorer Mode toggle ability
-A more efficient travel method (perhaps a drop-down menu on the Map), because having to zoom in/out and scroll around looking for it gets annoying.

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

I know a MMO that got destroyed by LFG. SWTOR. One of the reasons it tanked so fast was the lack of LFG tool that kept server populations isolated from each other and forced players to spam general chat looking for groups. GW2 was supposed to be all about ‘no bs, no time sinks, just log and play’ and, for the most part, it is, except for this.

It’s easy now that the game is fresh and servers are full. Give it a few months, when the hype settles, and try to do a dungeon off the server peak hours, then tell me how bad a LFG tool really is for an online game.

Oh boy… Swtor. So many other problems with that game, it’s hard to chose one dissect. At endgame, the dungeons were pretty well all there was to do. Also there was no real “world” in swtor.. it was fragmented by design, unless you consider the lobby space station a world (I don’t), so looking for a group was a nightmare.

It’s not hard at all to find groups on my server in GW2, and I imagine when more people hit level cap it will be about the same, as people shift more focus onto dungeons.

There may be a ton of things wrong with SWTOR but when the LFG tool was released I was able to run many dungeons instead of sitting in the main hub spamming LFG.

Sitting in Lions Arch or wherever the dungeon entrance is located just to LFG is silly and a waste of time when there are better ways to do it.

Also for those players that can only play a certain amount of time per day, this HELPS then get into groups much faster.

I don’t understand why people would be against this…. (server only)

Posted by: Oxe.6142

Oxe.6142

“there are currently no plans to implement a dungeon finder.

If you are having trouble finding groups for dungeons, you can use our LFG system.

Open up your contacts menu in-game, and there should be an option in there for grouping. That way it’s not just people standing out in front of dungeons shouting LFG until someone invites them. This system does not stretch across servers, or to other maps."

- Robert Hrouda

Hey Robert, quick question. Has anyone in the development team considered that dungeons often don’t reside on maps that have the same level as the dungeon? That means if you put yourself in the “Looking for Group” thingy in your social panel you’re looking for more from a pool of people that aren’t able to do the dungeon. Standing out front spamming the people standing with you does the exact same thing. In effect, the LFG thing does nothing because it’s limited to map/server.

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Thanks for the heads-up Robert.

I do appreciate that the placement of the LFG is looked into. I have used it but every time I get invited, it usually for a group that does not share the same intended objectives (“No, I want a FULL run, not some easy-schmeezy ‘Shard Run’.” leaves party).

Now, I can probably see why an automated LFG matchmaker wouldn’t suit well in GW2. In a technical aspect, I theorize that unlike more conventional MMOs, someone could simply queue up and the time for matching up would be almost instant due to having no dedicated tanks or healers. It would be too great and would put a lot of strain on the dungeon servers.

Instead, I would probably suggest this:

• The interface should be easily accessible. I think it should be its own button on the top left of the screen where all the other buttons are, though another common place would be a button near the minimap.
  • The feature should probably resemble the sPVP lobby UI with the ability to join a party that needs people.
  • There should be search filters that would find parties of suitable criteria, or start a party of same criteria like:
    • Allowing or disallowing players of duplicate professions of members already in the party.
    • Allowing or disallowing players cross-world.
    • A path in Explorable dungeons has been predetermined by random, chosen by the party leader, or can be chosen as normal.

The feature doesn’t have to auto-teleport members into the dungeon. Personally, if there is an auto-port, it should port in front of the entrance instead actually inside the dungeon in case the entrance has to be uncontested first. Actually, I think the only requirements that should be there to participate in a specific dungeon would be:

• Level of player should be appropriate for that dungeon. I suppose a certain group could say ‘80s only!’ as a search filter but that would be too much power to the player and could encourage more elitism than needed.
  • The closest waypoint to that dungeon should be unlocked (or surrounding waypoints if the dungeon’s waypoint is contested)
  • The dungeon’s entrance must not be contested. If contested, then party members can volunteer to uncontest the entrance before actually running the dungeon.
  • For Explorable versions, all members must complete Story Mode first.

The actual content of the dungeon doesn’t have to be nerfed but the reward should be somewhat better because you’re joining a party that you may be tagging along for the first time and you may have to adjust differently based on your teammates, where as a pre-made or ‘static’ would have the default rewards since their group composition would have almost no variance and repeated successful attempts with the same group wouldn’t be as rewarding than with different groups. I’m sure there might be some kind of system in place minimize the chance of exploit of rewards for certain groups, but if implemented right, it would be a great experience for both premades and PUGs.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Eternal Duty.4789

Eternal Duty.4789

Thank Kittens!

Haha good one, I guess sitting and looking for people with the map chat is better, especially when it forces you to stay in the zone. It basicly means that it is, as of now nowhere different than WOW as you say it. Except that with LFD you can actually do stuff while waiting.

The dungeon finder doesn’t have to be exactly like Wow’s. I mean for example you can just use for gathering a group togheter, while you all have to travel there. This is nowhere different than spamming LFG, except that it is faster and more effecient.

Stop the bias stupid kittens.

(edited by Eternal Duty.4789)

Posted by: Revler.2359

Revler.2359

“To everyone complaining about the lack of one… Have you PLAYED WoW lately? EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. is sitting in Ogrimarr (don’t give no kitten about spelling it right) or the Alliance capital and queuing for dungeons through the finder. Nobody is in the world. Nobody is doing anything except SITTING THERE and QUEUING.”

That is because there is NOTHING to do on “world” of warcraft besides instancing. Be it PvE or PvP. You never play on the world unless you are leveling up.

Guild wars 2 is not the case. You can do jumping puzzles, events or just farm mats while getting to a dungeon.

This game REALLY needs a dungeon finder AND a LFG channel to begin with, that can be scraped later once the dungeon finder feature is implemented.

The only reason I am not doing dungeons about 50x more than I currently am is because it takes too long to find a group, or worse, you have to move from place to place trying to find one.

There is no amount of bump for this thread. It needs to be bumped to the moon.

PvP? Server browser
WvW? Queue or instant join
World Events? Just go to the area and play with other people.
Dungeons? Spam chat.

This really needs to change

Posted by: Sena.2761

Sena.2761

You guys remember the party search function from GW1? I’d like to see that but server wide.

You would just drop down to the dungeon tag, type a short message “LFG CoF EXP 60 Necro” or whatever, hit send and boom. Go do other stuff while you wait for someone to message you or a little prompt asking if you want to accept an invite or something. Last game it also had a tag for Hunting, Quest, and Mission I believe so you could even search for other stuff.

Revler.2359

Also, if devs want PvE people to do more than dungeons 24/7, make a better reward for doing the daily achievement.

It is great to do it, but without a proper reward, I may wonder if my time wouldn’t be better spent finishing one of the games on my backlog.

Not giving us a dungeon feature is just crazy, specially for a game with the development quality of GW2

Posted by: skaaz.4281

skaaz.4281

Thank Kittens!

What would it be without the tool?

People sitting in Org and SW spamming LFG in zone chat.

You folks can have it your way though sitting around in the Arc spamming chat. Have fun with that.
============

For those of you interested grouping, without standing around spamming. Visit this next link.

Spread the word, and hope they turn on guesting soon.

Guild Wars 2 LFG Tool Beta

Member of Cradle Guard

Posted by: Earthacis.3862

Earthacis.3862

The concept of what you guys at Anet are doing is simple. You are using 90’s technology on what is supposed to be an up to date game.

What are you missing? Cross server dungeon finding. This is essential. One of the things that people love about MMO’s is Dungeons. They are like a little pocket of story, fighting, puzzle and have been a part of all RPG’s going back all the way to pen and paper RPG’s. So RPGer’s have a pretty deep connection with dungeons.

You are making it hard to play dungeons by using an old dated technology that never worked well. It is why games made these dungeon finder tools. To bring this into perspective Its like we bought an autonomous car that you have to drive manually.

Sure we can make our status LFG but that does nothing to determine that skill of the person or the state of their gear. A LFG tool usually takes at least gear into consideration so that you get people together that have about the same gear level.

Revler.2359

The concept of what you guys at Anet are doing is simple. You are using 90’s technology on what is supposed to be an up to date game.

I thought exactly that when I was posting earlier. To be fair I was thinking 2005.

Edit: On the financial side of things, I think Anet would actually lose players by not having a proper dungeon finder tool (not even a LFG chat channel at this moment..).

And maybe even make players lose faith that they can deliver a great game better than anything currently out there, which is not good for the longevity/expansion packs for GW2.

GW2 is already one of my favorite games, and I haven’t enjoyed a MMO since Everquest1. But not having a dungeon finder tool that assembles a party automatically would be a serious let down

(edited by Revler.2359)

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I liked the system as it was in GW1 If it found that you were looking for a group by using the common terms LFG or LFM it put you into the LFG system.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Yuckin.3278

Yuckin.3278

Oh hey let me click LFG, and that’s it.

No one knows what I want to run, or if I’m even afk.

I didn’t realize we were playing Everquest 1.

Posted by: MrLee.6892

MrLee.6892

Robert Hrouda
The main problem I see with our LFG system is that it is tucked away inside your contact menu (which to me is incredibly weird, but I’m a content designer, not a UI designer.. so I’m sure there is some reason for it being hidden in there), which means not everyone is using it, since not everyone knows about it.
Spread the word!

You’re kidding right? The main problem you see is that the LFG system is tucked away in the UI?

I am sorry but have you even used it?

All it does is make your name shown to all people who look at the LFG section. It does not say which dungeon or if its story or exploration.
With everything this game gets right it just blows my mind that there isn’t a simple thing like a better LFG function.

If you truly say you are listening to the players, then we want a better system.

I would LOVE a LFD finder even. I could be out doing DE’s, exploration, Renown Heart quests, WvWvW, ect but instead I have to just sit in Lions Arch or where the zone the dungeon is and spam /M for LFG or LFM.
This is NOT fun, this is a waste of time!

Posted by: DreadShinobi.4751

DreadShinobi.4751

Any kind of LFD type queue thing that would fill your group up with a bunch of randoms I would not want.

A LFG chat channel is something I would want though.

Kiiban -lvl 80 Elementalist
Sacaen -lvl 80 Warrior

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Going back to what I said in my previous post, it got me thinking—

I did mention that “queuing” up for a dungeon would be almost instant because there are no tanks and healers. Generally speaking, if you queue up in another MMO’s LFD/LFG matchmaker, often times the reason why your queue is lengthy is because you’re waiting on a tank and healer (unless you’re a tank or healer, then your queue might be incredibly short).

That is the ONLY technical reason I can think of why there’s no LFG matchmaker (yet?). Maybe there are other reasons, possibly “community-related” that there’s no LFG matchmaker (which I can easily debate and rebuke about all day), but in a technical standpoint, that would have to be the #1 reason. Meaning that instead of exploring or killing invaders in WvW to help pass time, you’re going to be tossed into a group for a dungeon the very moment you press that magical ‘Join Queue’ button.

Then I remembered a small section of inactive Asura gates in Lion’s Arch. Why do I have this awkward feeling that one of those gates would lead into a staging area for an LFD system— As in a place where those heavily interested in dungeons could go and easily form groups in a face-to-face manner? In this staging area, I would imagine that once the group has been assembled, one could take another Asura gate to the nearest waypoint to that specific dungeon and proceed as planned. This would still keep that “server pride” feel that some folks like to use in their arguments when it comes to this particular subject matter, and even cut down on transportation costs since almost all Asura gates are generally free to use. Though, I’d imagine this staging area would also be cross-server like sPVP.

It’s a rather awkward idea, but it would probably be reminiscent of the Guild Wars 1 way of building a party for missions and the sort (except this staging area would be every dungeon in the game, instead of a certain mission). I’m not sure how fast groups would be built with this method but it could hit a certain equilibrium— meaning not too short of a “queue time” for a lack of better term, but not too long that you end up bored and doing other things.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Nethelli.4023

Nethelli.4023

Yeah well, still kills one of the social aspects of the game like gatherings in front of dungeons while looking for pt and open that box of fun where you can buy from the gem store, you can chat with the people on the entrance rather than sitting there doing nothing and wait till the Que Pops lol.

Yeah, because sitting in the desolate area in front of the portal spamming map chat in vain for people is such a wonderful example of the social aspect of the game. You’re going to have to come up with something better than “but you can just buy a box o fun lolololol”.

I promise you, a properly-implemented group finder is an asset, not a detriment. How other games did it is irrelevant. Their success or failure with it is irrelevant. If name-an-MMO managed to destroy their community by turning everything into an LFG speedrun, do you really believe that ANet would mindlessly repeat the exact same mistake? Is your opinion of them really that low?

The face of the thing isn’t that hard, really. Set up a GUI that allows players to publicly advertise that they currently have X/5 people and are trying to fill a group to go do Dungeons X, Y, and/or Z on Story/Explorable. This can be as simple as clicking checkboxes or selecting from dropdown menus. Allow a text box with a 100-ish character limit for them to provide additional optional information, such as which path they intend to take. Make their group publicly visible and joinable through the interface by anyone who fits the necessary level requirement for the selected dungeon(s). The community remains in tact, players still have to run to the portal, but the tedious chore of spamming map chat for more players becomes automated by an intuitive user-friendly system that has NOT been buried in a hidden corner of the contacts panel.

That’s it. You don’t even need a queue system, it’s just first come first served. For an added touch, when the group is full, play a short sound effect to alert everyone that it’s time to go. Of course, the coding behind such a thing is likely no small feat, but I don’t know coding, I know 3D modelling/animation and UI layouts, so that’s where I’m going to offer my opinions.

The ugly truth is that the current LFG tool is presented as a very hastily-implemented afterthought. ANet is better than this, and everyone knows it, so I have confidence that they’ll turn it around in no time at all.

Guildmaster of Nerd Herd [NERD] (Tarnished Coast)
Nethalia Frostmane [Ranger], Lyzanxia Unsu [Engineer]
Torg Darkmaw [Thief], Zekka The Architect [Elementalist]

(edited by Nethelli.4023)

Posted by: pewblinkpew.5031

pewblinkpew.5031

The lfg tool that is in place is very very very OUT DATED. Come on get rid of that worthless Aion lfg tool that many people didn’t use. Just create the same lfg tool that wow has/rift and star wars has. Many people do not want to spam for hours or message people in a long list hoping that someone will accept their invite or respond. You guys at Arena Net need to implement a real cross server LFG or same server lfg fast.

pewblinkpew.5031

The lfg tool that is in place is very very very OUT DATED. Come on get rid of that worthless Aion lfg tool that many people didn’t use. Just create the same lfg tool that wow has/rift and star wars has. Many people do not want to spam for hours or message people in a long list hoping that someone will accept their invite or respond. You guys at Arena Net need to implement a real cross server LFG or same server lfg fast.

Edit: So what do you do when a few people leave a dungeon and there isn’t no one in the out dated lfg list? I guess we have to run out the dungeon and spam in map chat. I almost 4got, we can only spam so many times before we can’t message anymore. A real cross server LFG system would just make it faster and way easier on casuals that want to have fun in the game and not wait around when something so convenient can make it more better as a whole to a player. Also if a player just leaves out the group the cross server LFG system will just put someone else in the dungeon that was in que.

pewblinkpew.5031

On another note, I’m on a FULL SERVER right now and there is no one in 3 major zones on that lfg list .

Posted by: Jim Travakh.7495

Jim Travakh.7495

A dungeon finder in of itself is hit or miss.

What we do need is for the LFG system to let you put down exactly what you’re looking to do, and have it be either global, or zone + major cities, because most people now just spam outside the dungeon or in lion’s arch

nobody uses the LFG system as designed because you have no idea what they’re looking to do (story? explore? just clearing the map? farming events? which explore path? speedclear?) and spam inviting people who are LFG without knowing what they want to do is rude

Posted by: orumaeiman.7625

orumaeiman.7625

I really think one of the big problem now for the LFG system is because it is map specific…. and you put all the dungeons at maps that does not reflect the level of the dungeon. So as it stands now, even if everyone learns of the LFG system, you would still have the same problem (if you want to do a dungeon, you have to teleport to outside the dungeon and wait).

Posted by: XxCoOkyxX.8042

XxCoOkyxX.8042

please add a real dungeon finger tool like any modern MMO game, this lfg system is stupid and useless