Dungeon Master reportedly lost its prestige ?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

My point was memorization is a skill that is developed to do dungeons / obtain dungeon master. Your statement was it requires memorization and not skill to obtain. What you really wanted to say was having the skill to do these dungeons doesn’t really hold very much prestige due to the work needed to obtain the skill to do the dungeon. I think the dungeons are kitten easy and require very little skill but nonetheless, it is still a skill. I personally dont think that “skill” has very much value.

Your point is still not relevant to the topic of the thread.

Also the dictionary definition does not include memorization. You simply twisted one of the many definitions it contains for the word to imply it in order to fit your own definition which is subjective and your opinion.

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

What value does it have when you can buy it from some guy selling Arah last boss runs?

Posted by: Ioflux.4369

Ioflux.4369

My point was memorization is a skill that is developed to do dungeons / obtain dungeon master. Your statement was it requires memorization and not skill to obtain. What you really wanted to say was having the skill to do these dungeons doesn’t really hold very much prestige due to the work needed to obtain the skill to do the dungeon. I think the dungeons are kitten easy and require very little skill but nonetheless, it is still a skill. I personally dont think that “skill” has very much value.

Also the dictionary definition does not include memorization. You simply twisted one of the many definitions it contains for the word to imply it in order to fit your own definition which is subjective and your opinion.

Thank you for demonstrating that you clearly lack the ability to comprehend what the meaning of the word “skill” is. Definition 1 = “Having or showing the knowledge, ability, or training to perform a certain activity well.” How is that knowledge obtain? Right, you had to learn it. What do you do with stuff that you learned? You remember it. My point is to correct the inaccuracy of your statement pertaining to the topic.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

Thank you for demonstrating that you clearly lack the ability to comprehend what the meaning of the word “skill” is. Definition 1 = “Having or showing the knowledge, ability, or training to perform a certain activity well.” How is that knowledge obtain? Right, you had to learn it. What do you do with stuff that you learned? You remember it. My point is to correct the inaccuracy of your statement pertaining to the topic.

You are wrong and your argument is irrelevant to the topic.

(edited by DeathPanel.8362)

Posted by: Eowin Of Rohan.2619

Eowin Of Rohan.2619

Hi,

Thank you for your answers.
I created this thread because I was tired of reading everyday people complaining about how the prestige is lost, how Simin nerf is a very bad thing because people want difficulty … so I wrote this long text to demonstrate why the are so wrong.

I’m glad to see that a lot other people agree that there is no “lost prestige” issue.
Even if most of you focus too much on the “Not so prestigious before the update” part, saying “nah there is no prestige in GW2 anyway”, which is wrong : prestige is what you are proud of. If you are proud of having created a Legendary, finished X dungeons without zerging, or even simply finished a given jumping puzzle, you can consider it as a little prestige. No matter if there is nothing in the game that really requires to be a true PGM.
Remember that the thread OP has to be taken as a whole against comments like “Arah p4 nerf is stupid / it should not have changed because I have done it with the old version / I hate any change that makes something easier …”, prestige being the common thread but not the sole subject.

I read some arguments that I already wrote in OP (of course my text was so long, I knew some of you would not read ^^).

Oh, and the discussion about whether or not memorization is a skill, seems off-topic to me.

Again, thanks for showing that I’m not the only one who is tired of people who rant after each update for reasons which turn around “prestige”.

Eowyn

Posted by: Dracc.2457

Dracc.2457

And why are still so many noobs in this game? This game does NOTHING to encourage you to be better player, just selfish exploiter/grinder (MF, RNG and taging in events and so)

This is exactly what i’m thinking about all the time.
Don’t get me wrong,i’m a new player myself-i only made my account a month ago.In a third week i had 2 pieces of arah set-head and shoulders-the others are also dungeon exotic…on my necro…i don’t have full arah only because it’s almost impossible to find a normal group to run it.In a guild i joined(500 members) when i ask for arah run- i get an answer from “veterans”: no man you can’t go to arah with a necro,it’s squishy and does no damage-you have to be warrior,otherwise you will be annihilated,and you only have 1200 points…so:
-I’m a newbie,who rolled a broken and squishy class(according to forums)…running arah (p1 and p2 so far)-with a boss who is almost impossible to kill(Lupi-according to forums)…so…Why are still so many noobs in this game?!?

Posted by: Sovta.4719

Sovta.4719

And why are still so many noobs in this game? This game does NOTHING to encourage you to be better player, just selfish exploiter/grinder (MF, RNG and taging in events and so)

This is exactly what i’m thinking about all the time.
Don’t get me wrong,i’m a new player myself-i only made my account a month ago.In a third week i had 2 pieces of arah set-head and shoulders-the others are also dungeon exotic…on my necro…i don’t have full arah only because it’s almost impossible to find a normal group to run it.In a guild i joined(500 members) when i ask for arah run- i get an answer from “veterans”: no man you can’t go to arah with a necro,it’s squishy and does no damage-you have to be warrior,otherwise you will be annihilated,and you only have 1200 points…so:
-I’m a newbie,who rolled a broken and squishy class(according to forums)…running arah (p1 and p2 so far)-with a boss who is almost impossible to kill(Lupi-according to forums)…so…Why are still so many noobs in this game?!?

I did all arah runs with necro (had to switch on ranger for simin, but it’s doable with necro power build, i think axe, never tried it)
This game was advertised as skilled games, not gear grind, and most of the players just do gear grinds (yes, jumping from dragon to dragon, and maw, fire, behemoth IS still grind, you still don’t need to explore anything again and some zones are still pretty dead) that they actually don’t need (cause almost everything is easy now)
Not to talk about promoting selfish gameplay (Magic Find in PvE, almost no reason to try to win a match in spvp hot join)