Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Talk about things here!

Dungeon Patch Discussion 10/23

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

Next patch increased drops? Yes? Hope is getting the final final phase of testing like you guys said previously and is ship in the next build!

Posted by: shaktiboi.5194

shaktiboi.5194

What’s coming next? Still no communication from y’all on the core dungeon redesign changes you said you were working on several weeks ago.

Posted by: DeadlyStormZ.2370

DeadlyStormZ.2370

The karma seems great, although I don’t need them. But I think it can attract more people to do dungeons.

Arah is newly bugged, hope it got fixed soon,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/New-Arah-bug-comfirmed-preventing-us-to-do-path-1-2/

SE path 2’s mark II change is too harsh, the boss was already hard and no fun, now its …

Posted by: Renegade.6325

Renegade.6325

Buff to path 2 SE seems bad. The path was longer than all the rest, moderately harder, and those bosses are already long and arduous. Not particularly challenging I will concede, but when both bosses target a single player for the entire encounter, making it more difficult for him is completely unfair. (this is what happens btw, I as a guardian will be chased by the melee golem, and be shot at by the ranged one as well; the entire fight, im the only target til downed).

DeadlyStormZ.2370

No joke Robert… would you devs at least run the dungeon at least ONE time after you made those changes?
Every patch makes me feel the devs didn’t even play their game.

Posted by: Bruiser.4189

Bruiser.4189

Path 3 in ascalon catacombs needs a look because the graveling mounds seem impossible to hit with some weapons. I couldn’t hit them with my necro daggers and a thief in my group couldn’t hit them with pistols. We had maybe a 10% hit rate. I like hard and challenging and having to potentially respec mid dungeon to get things done, but being impossible isn’t much fun.

Maybe the strategy isn’t to destroy the mounds, but somehow I can’t imagine that being the case.

Posted by: climhazzard.5897

climhazzard.5897

The best strategy for the mounds is to bring a staff elementalist to obliterate them, maybe a grenade engineer too… ? AoE power builds.

With 2 staff elementalists one covering each side the other 3 party members can do w/e they want and still finish quite easy.

Posted by: Whitewolf.9736

Whitewolf.9736

Adding karma is good Fixing the drops in the next path is good. So the final question is just how long it will it take to balance and tweak them properly?

Also buffing the last boss in Sorrows Embrace Path 2 :/ That was already a tedious fight in the first place.

Path one pre patch, apart from the ‘gauntlet’, was a good dungeon. The rest of the path was doable if you paid attention and you still got punished for not watching the bosses and enemies. The gauntlet mobs should not really be silver apart from maybe one out of the group otherwise you just get overwhelmed too quickly.

[EU]Desolation
~Charr Guardian~ – ~Norn Necromancer ~

(edited by Whitewolf.9736)

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

I got the most of tokens for my SE set and now it’s all ruined… As supporting engineer I’m grabbing all the aggro no matter what, both golems from path 2 were always focusing me, it was hard enough to survive it (noone has unlimited dodge) -.-
About grenadiers – there was pretty much player feedback, about fight in tight corridor (lack of mobility), their health being higher than for the most of bosses. As I’m finding pre-patch SE a perfect dungeon, the 15-min afk was the only thing which needed work, for sure not this way. You did the same thing as with CoF path 2 (planting bomb), made much worse to punish players for avoiding poorly designed content. As for me it would be even bereable if there were max 2 grenadiers in every wave or 4 bronze/silver with low health. People were skipping them for a serious reason, it’s just plain impossible to leave 3-4 people with grenadiers and 1-2 on bosses, it’s sure wipe

Posted by: Ninjagon.1576

Ninjagon.1576

Really sorry but I am very disapointed with Sorrow’s Embrace dungeon now.
Path 2 was the hardest and logest way in this dungeon, people were complaining about last boss (2 golems) and you still buffed them ?
Path 1 – In the very beginning, packs are running every 30 seconds, you cannot kill them fast enough and you cannot avoid them or kite them long enough, because after another 30 seconds more will come ?
And finally, you cannot make change and try another (3th) path, even when you disband your party and log off. Still the path is set…, and well unplayable.
Every normal player should allready have the armor set from SE dungeon now, but how about casuals ? Why punish those people ? It is not fun.
I do not understand …
PS: A jestli rozumíš ?esky Roberte Hroudo, tak v?? že tyto zm?ny jsou opravdu k horšímu a ne, není to sranda …

Posted by: Orissa.1872

Orissa.1872

@Ninjagon
I’m not really casual, on my server it was just extremely hard to find any SE party, seems like more people started doing this dungeon lately – bang, ‘fixes’ implemented

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Any feedback on whether SE is working as intended from Robert?

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

Posted by: Roofie Roulette.5106

Roofie Roulette.5106

Path 1 Sorrow’s Embrace appears to be bugged. You’re obviously not meant to kill all 3 grenadiers. The best tactic is to kill two of them and kite the third. This tactic works well and all but if you’re group wipes at least once you’re met with a mob of never ending Inquest Engineers now. As far as I can tell they do not stop spawning and simply running past them is impossible. I have no clue if this is intended or not. What I do know is that SE path 1 is impossible to recover from if you wipe at least once.

Posted by: shonn.5037

shonn.5037

i was just in SE for over 1 hr . the first path “clear out”
there was some changed to it … we could not get past the first part the waves of ( silver mobs) keep coming there is no way to kill them all the spawn timer is too fast.
do the DEV team that makes these changes ever try what they have done ?
like play the game to see if the change makes the dungion fun or unplayable ?

or maybe you just dont want people to play path 1 in SE ?

Posted by: Darsha.9780

Darsha.9780

“Inquest Grenadiers have been reassigned to a new task; some new enemies await on the long road.”

So they’re not meant to spawn on the road anymore? Because even with the health fix, having them spawn along with the new mobs is excessive, especially on those tight walkways.

The instant you get behind the run is over, no way to regroup and get past all those mobs spawning endlessly.

Posted by: Batoe.8740

Batoe.8740

CM story mode is bugged, the last boss doesn’t have the third separatist to finish this fight and end the dungeon.

Posted by: mbelcikuwh.1379

mbelcikuwh.1379

When an initiator left the dungeon (DC or anything),the dungeon will almost always broke and can’t progress..this happens to me everytime anyone whose initiating the dungeon left…

i was confirming this by asking my friend to test the bug…and it’s true,if i left the dungeon in the middle of the progress and return again,then it won’t progress at all

Posted by: Gurubu.1693

Gurubu.1693

Fix path 1 Arah. Lupicus requiring the group to one shot the boss or you’re SOL. Good luck with resing anyone during the fight. and the WP is farther from Lupicus than in other paths. Don’t even bother running back.

Posted by: Ethanfel.1263

Ethanfel.1263

- Talk about things here!

Well sorrow embrace path 1 for all i know is now a complet mess.

It was hard before, my mates and i were fine with it. Only the endless grenader pop with kudu was frustrating. (you clean the barrier but they still come..)

Now it’s just silly. Endless wave of grenadier (who should not be there) and engineer. It’s hardly doable and nothing is fun in that.

It’s my first big disapointement with the game.

Posted by: Lazarus Cain.5890

Lazarus Cain.5890

Sorrows Embrace path 1, definitely was in for a surprise when I tried out the changes to this dungeon path. After about an hour and half though, we pushed our way through it and completed it, so no it is not impossible. I wouldnt even say its a complete mess, it just requires delicate strategy and some serious teamwork. If anything im glad they made it more of a challenge, I got so sick and tired of people exploiting or bypassing the path because they didnt want to bother fighting the waves.

I havnt dealth with the revamped path 2 yet, but I know with a good group the golems never posed much set back before. It’ll be nice for a little bit of a challenge, though I wish if the bosses were revamped so maybe they’d consider giving a chest in compensation

Attachments:

Posted by: Tutty.3024

Tutty.3024

PLEASE! For the love of god, PLEASE! Fix the DE that get’s Arah open. Day after day after day so on and so forth bla bla bla it remains bugged and thus, we can not enter.

cries

PLEASE!!!!

DeadlyStormZ.2370

Posted by: Obiwhan.1236

Obiwhan.1236

Sorrow’s Embrace, you people have finally managed to destroy that dungeon…….

Path 1 is just flat out un-doable, mobs spawn too fast and you cant kill them fast enough. Plus there are too many to keep kitting.

Path 2 is ok….until you get to the last boss ( not to mention it takes years to just get there ), but you finally get to boss and you cant survive long enough to kill them….. There is a limit to how many times you can dodge, however not to how many times he shoots you….. so again fail. Just spent 2 hours just trying to clear last boss, was unable to do it…

Path 3 is at least doable, but takes forever as well.

Considering this dungeon is the only one with stats I want, its pretty upsetting to see you guys have completely destroyed this place. Not to mention the Halloween Chest fiasco….

Suggestions, play test your changes before you integrate them into your games?
When you run your dungeon, does it seem fun to you?

Please fix Sorrow’s Embrace

(edited by Obiwhan.1236)

Posted by: drndara.8763

drndara.8763

Did explore Ascalonian Catacombs on same account with 2 characters, all 3 paths. Each time getting 60 (total 360) ascalonian tears. Third character, first path and i got only 30 ascalonian tiers instead of 60 as usual?

Posted by: Kevin.2176

Kevin.2176

Ruined City of Arah – Seer Path – Priestess Dwayna Simins

This boss used to do things listed under her name, namely stealth. Now she does not.

Posted by: Kevin.2176

Kevin.2176

In addition, in the same path (Seer Path), Priestess of Lyssa, Farnaz also ceased to perform any abilities.

Posted by: AndreaMFI.2687

AndreaMFI.2687

- by climhazzard.5897:
“The best strategy for the mounds is to bring a staff elementalist to obliterate them, maybe a grenade engineer too… ? AoE power builds. With 2 staff elementalists one covering each side the other 3 party members can do w/e they want and still finish quite easy.”

I am pretty sure that was not intended by devs, as long as this is a return to “build” teams, a thing that devs wanted to avoid from the very first presentation of the game mechanics, who states we can make a group and go. Ho well, make a decent group is better, but this is another thing. If it really comes the need to have “this” class, imho this is a step back.

Posted by: Loe.6351

Loe.6351

The concept of dungeons need some change, but from what they were and what they are now i see major improvement.

- Dungeons should help us with long term goals – Now they do, with karma and loot revamped (working in progress).

- Right now dungeons are every man for self when it comes to battles? Yes, and that need some change, like improvement in combos, wich right now are useless, imo. The aoe heal combo heals for 1k to 2k, thats low cause boss hits can remove 50% to 100% of your life. If that combo actually gave your group aegis (blocks one atack) that would be usefull, to nominate one change. The combos dont actually help in boss fights, or help little.

When it comes to graphics, nothing to change here, imo very good.

When it comes to emotion on battles, even if i hate subjet alpha from CoE, we must admit, what a intense kittening fight. And the drama is there, when you must, downed, kill tentacles with rocks for your life. I would like to see more of that, things to do while downed at boss fights, instead of just have to be left for dead by your friends and do nothing but wait for the red circle be on you (yeah, thats Arah).

The use of NPCs, wich actually should help you feel inside the quest, have ups and downs. Ups – NPCs like Magg from CoF and the thief from CoE. They are funny, have good jokes, open doors, gives you stuff to clean paths, thats awesome.
Downs, the arah npc could give more about orr history, maybe help with clues / do something at battle.

If they change that, well, i would give 8/10 to dungeons. The last 2 points would go for Lore in the game making you feel like you must run dungeons. Seriously, a email ?
Would you risk your life for that? I dunno, something in the world should change if people didnt ran that dungeon a x amount of times. Like, the black citadel would be on fire for a week if you didnt run CoF. Craft times would be double or half cause of the tecnology taken or not from CoE.

Thats my 2 cents.

Posted by: Rump Buffalo.2594

Rump Buffalo.2594

i have run every path of SE without incident… how do people find this place so hard

Posted by: drndara.8763

drndara.8763

Played Ac explore path 1. Before last boss i got d/c’ed. Patch kicked in i wasn’t able to get back in.

The game client is unable to gain access to the log-in server at this time.

Attachments:

Posted by: Morgan.1892

Morgan.1892

Would you please elaborate on why my friends and I are being punished for playing the game?

We don’t even use exploits. We just run through dungeons normally such as CoF or CM and somehow we hit Dungeon DR farm… ROFL? What a complete joke. We are playing your game fairly and we get punished with reduced token rewards?

These are our first runs of the day and it’s like 60, 60, 60, 45. Really…? Most of us just quit playing once that happens. Who knew that just having a brain and being able to damage mobs efficiently and effectively meant you should be punished and instead we should just zerg and die over and over so it takes longer and we actually receive the full reward. So many terrible anti-player concepts implemented in this game.

What exactly are you stopping? We are running a dungeon path once for the daily bonus but doing all of them quickly is somehow bad?

Thank you

Posted by: Ijha.4817

Ijha.4817

The last boss in Sorrow’s Embrace second path seems largely overtuned. You can get insta killed by Mark 2 golem’s attacks. Sure you can dodge them once or twice, but not indefinitely.

Posted by: Calvinthesneak.5839

Calvinthesneak.5839

Sorrow’s Embrace Path 2, not bad till the end.

Mark I, not bad, Mark II, can’t dodge enough to escape all his electric fields. Given it’s taking about 1/4 of your health every second or so, and he’s spreading 3-4 fields at a time, it is nearly impossible to complete. Can’t use CC. Case of boss being overtuned.

Corin Fellswick [TEST] Guardian on IoJ

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

Sorrow’s Embrace Path 2. A bit too long, but tuned alright, until the end.

You get to the end. You get instant-killed by Mark II’s electric field. No, seriously, instant killed.
It seems random to me, but sometimes I can stay alive for a full second in the field, other times I just instantly DIE.

Something seems off.

Posted by: Imrhien.2397

Imrhien.2397

The story mode for Caudecus Manor is blocked in that the last fight cannot be completed. There are several threads on the forum about this, but I thought I’d be nice and collect them here for you:

thread 1
thread 2
thread 3

Basic breakdown of the problem: in the final fight (once you found the queen and she is standing there protecting herself) you have to kill a boss and three separatists. The dungeon, however, only spawns two separatists. As a result, the objective of the event (kill 3 separatists) cannot be completed and any progress is blocked.

I have also seen people suggest the following suggestion in several places and I would like to bring it up here too, because I think it could be nice to have. If a dungeon is bugged, could you close said dungeon (or put up a warning that a the bugged part is ‘under construction’), so that players don’t keep running into the same problem? Right now I almost feel compeled to check the forum before I even try a dungeon, just to be sure that it is not bugged. Somehow that does not feel right and I really would love to feel confident that once I start a dungeon adventure I am not going to run into a bug that has already been reported on the forums.

(edited by Imrhien.2397)

Posted by: Imrhien.2397

Imrhien.2397

Just saw the patch notes, thanks for fixing CM!

(my apologies for the double post, but I can no longer edit my original post)

Posted by: ryokoalways.3450

ryokoalways.3450

I don’t know when TA was changed as it was not in any of the patch notes. Hopefully it is stil relevent.

I feel that TA has been made far too easy. Here are the changes that I noticed

-Blossom are much larger. This is a good change; It allows more professions to hit them with ease.

-Blossom Spawn rate was decreased significantly. Now blossoms do not operate as a unique mechanic specific to TA. It’s a clear once and forgot about it thing. Fights where blossoms are present no longer require much attention.

-Blossom damage was decreased significantly. Now instead of continuous damage, the damage comes in pulses, and they do not hurt at all. It took a blossum 9-10 second sto kill a player standing next to it. This makes them extremely non-threatening even if accidentally triggered. Additionally, with how the blossoms are now, it’s even easier to speed clear/bypass most content as being careless with blossom sweeping is no longer fatal.

-Nightmare Vine spit damage was decreased. I found 5-6 overlapping circles, and was able to stand in them for 4-5 seconds before I reached 10% HP. The damage before could kill me in 2 seconds easily. This makes paying attention to positioning in the nightmare vine fight no longer important.

Overall, I was extremely disappointed with the choices made with TA. Now it feels like a very bland dungeon.

Thank you,
TJL

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

I don’t know when TA was changed as it was not in any of the patch notes. Hopefully it is stil relevent.

I feel that TA has been made far too easy. Here are the changes that I noticed

-Blossom are much larger. This is a good change; It allows more professions to hit them with ease.

-Blossom Spawn rate was decreased significantly. Now blossoms do not operate as a unique mechanic specific to TA. It’s a clear once and forgot about it thing. Fights where blossoms are present no longer require much attention.

-Blossom damage was decreased significantly. Now instead of continuous damage, the damage comes in pulses, and they do not hurt at all. It took a blossum 9-10 second sto kill a player standing next to it. This makes them extremely non-threatening even if accidentally triggered. Additionally, with how the blossoms are now, it’s even easier to speed clear/bypass most content as being careless with blossom sweeping is no longer fatal.

-Nightmare Vine spit damage was decreased. I found 5-6 overlapping circles, and was able to stand in them for 4-5 seconds before I reached 10% HP. The damage before could kill me in 2 seconds easily. This makes paying attention to positioning in the nightmare vine fight no longer important.

Overall, I was extremely disappointed with the choices made with TA. Now it feels like a very bland dungeon.

Thank you,
TJL

I agree somewhat, but I feel it’s like Sorrow’s Embrace path 2.
At first it was far too easy, now it’s far too hard, working on finding a middle ground.
TA: First was a bit too hard, now it’s far too easy, should find a middle ground.

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

You’re never going to satisfy everyone. All the people who rage and QQ on these forums ran a dungeon once, refuse to give it a second chance with a more organised team and just go “OMG never again!!!” while others who have done path X a couple dozen times to get tokens since it’s the easiest path are like “Zzzzz so boring!!!”.

For the TA complaints, actually I found TA was easy before they made it even easier (I’ve obtained and spent over a thousand tokens; I’m in the ‘Zzzzz so boring!!!’ group for TA). I think the blossoms are designed for people to rally when they get hulksmashed by Nightmare Knights or yapped at by the Hounds, not to kill people because they ran into a blossom by accident. If they were designed to be fatal they would have some sort of stun ability first and then poison, or be more like those mortar turrets that hit particularly hard. Most classes have condition removals so the poison wasn’t really an issue.

Posted by: Lust.6452

Lust.6452

At some point it would be nice if you add a “harder” dungeon(maybe bit harder that Arah?i don’t know) but with slightly better “token” rewards so people actually wanna do it for the upgrades!its nice to see your character upgrading once in a while although its not mandatory but keeps our interest up.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The dungeons are probably fine, but they appear to be built for the old holy trinity classes, where you are expected to pile lots of DPS on a boss while someone tanks and someone else heals the tank. What seems to happen is that the encounters don’t work well at the moment because;

• The new control pillar is too difficult. Bosses can too easily take nearly all of someone’s health in one hit. A tanker can’t tank properly because warnings tend to be very short, and/or it is too difficult to avoid damage.
  • The new support pillar doesn’t work well because bosses have all kinds of mitigation/immunity.
Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: miniL.7361

miniL.7361

The dungeons are probably fine, but they appear to be built for the old holy trinity classes, where you are expected to pile lots of DPS on a boss while someone tanks and someone else heals the tank. What seems to happen is that the encounters don’t work well at the moment because;

• The new control pillar is too difficult. Bosses can too easily take nearly all of someone’s health in one hit. A tanker can’t tank properly because warnings tend to be very short, and/or it is too difficult to avoid damage.
  • The new support pillar doesn’t work well because bosses have all kinds of mitigation/immunity.

Think this might be the problem, also at this point anyone below lvl 80 seems to be shut out of dungeons due to difficulty which makes the game a pain in the kitten for lower levels.

Just did caudecus manor explore with lvl 80 group. Story was no problem, asura path was horrible, 2 hours and no gear left at the end. 1st boss was endless CC on our team, and barely possibilities to keep him from keeping us down.
Further on, just 2 much mobs at the same time? I like a tough fight but theres 10 mobs on 5 of us? no one can take 2 veterans at a time with endless bleeds, bombs that throw u around etc etc.

Final boss was a disaster as well, damage is huge, frost on hit makes him unkitable and adds to worry about. Think the dungeons are a bit overdone, and thats the lvl 40 dungeon? Ofcourse practice makes it better but if you read up on the bosses and its still a pain in the kitten I think thats just 2 much.

Currently afraid of the last 2 dungeons! Story mode where awesome though, loved AC where if you had enough control for example in love script, you didnt have much of a problem, keeping them seperate. Nice challenge, and not an objective thats way 2 hard. Also the rubble/boulders help a lot there. Usable items like that in every dungeon wouldnt be all that bad =]