Dungeon Patch Discussion: 4/30

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Patch info here (official info underscored):
Dungeons
* Ascalonian Catacombs:
– Players can no longer fall through the map when standing above graveling burrows when they appear in the Ascalon Catacombs dungeon.
- The Lovers can now be knocked back consistently.
– Ghosteater does more damage (?)
* Honor of the Waves:
– Andal the Thug’s skill that buffs Oolon and Poroo now matches the visual effects.
* The Ruined City of Arah:
– Warden Illyra now looks correct when she carries a Risen chicken.
– “Ship” is no longer available at end of path 2.
– Lantern and ledge fixed on Crusher & Hunter on path 3 (or I just don’t know how to use them).
– Abominations got a new attack (same charge as in CoE).
– Lupicus is now completely immune to Crippled.
* Citadel of Flame
– One of the safe areas blocked in Acolyte-part (path 1).
* Crucible of Eternity
– Can no longer use shortcut in path 1 (golems won’t activate).
– Bjarl works better (path 1).

Fractals
* Swampland:
- Mossman no longer becomes unresponsive in combat.
– Mossman no longer uses Gouge from Stealth.
– Mossman summons only one Wolf when Stealthing.
* Cliffside:
- Players can no longer exploit the final boss by keeping him stunned in an emote loop. (still possible)
– At final seal players get unavoidable stun which locks all skills when seal is hit.
* Underground Facility:
– Normal dredge at Rabsovich (Champion) now reset if you try to pull them out of room.
– Planting a bomb now breaks Stealth.
– Different dredge spawn/leash behavior (?)
* Snowblind:
– Safe-spot removed at Shaman Lornarr Dragonseeker.
– Safe-spot removed at ice-wall.
– Ice Elementals aggro more easily (?).
– Elemental Source attacks more frequently (?).
* Solid Ocean:
– Harder to jump up on ledge behind second Tentacle.

“Search and Rescue” skill:
- No longer revives defeated allies.

Discuss!

• The Ruined City of Arah:
    – Can still skip straight to Lupicus on every path (not sure about details).
    – Can still afk-range Belka.
    – Melee still interrupts Alphard.
    – Can still get through first locked door in path 3.
    – Can still afk-range Priest of Melandru (other exploits?).
  • Underground Facility:
    – Can still jump straight to room with 2 buttons and controller.
    – Can still use revive-trick at controller.
  • Crucible of Eternity
    – Can still use shortcuts on path 2 and 3.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: adam.8692

adam.8692

I was hoping they would fix all the exploits which almost every dungeon have. Making dungeons rewards more appealing would also be nice.
But I’m fine with this fix too! Never noticed this glitch but I bet this must have been horrible to look at.

Posted by: Clipbord.8726

Clipbord.8726

where is the CoF path 1 nerf at?

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Shoosh, we need this last avenue to farm gold for the insane gem prices this month.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I think the animation needs some tuning but overall it’s a step up from previous one. Keep up the good work anet!

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

You forgot one:

• Increased cooldown from 85 seconds to 180 seconds in PvP.
  • No longer revives defeated allies.

Pet res no longer works in L48 FotM. You now have to 99% it or have 45 AR.

P.S. Thanks dungeon team for not fixing CoF 1 so I can continue to never run any of your other unrewarding dungeons and just spam this boring and mindless path all night straight if I feel like making money! You’re doing a real good job here!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

swiftpaw.6397

You forgot one:

Rangers becoming even less useful in dungeons?

I’m shocked.

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

I’m anxious to log in tonight to find out if i’ve been holding chickens wrong all this time.

swiftpaw.6397

*P.S. Thanks dungeon team for not fixing CoF 1 so I can continue to never run any of your other unrewarding dungeons and just spam this boring and mindless path all night straight if I feel like making money! You’re doing a real good job here!

Amen to that

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

You forgot one:

P.S. Thanks dungeon teams for not fixing CoF 1 so I can continue to never run any of your other unrewarding dungeons and just spam this boring and mindless path all night straight if I feel like making money! You’re doing a real good job here!

I live with 40 ar as thief if I have a water field or a kindly shout warrior or guardian with book.

I really feel bad for rangers though. SnR was the 1 thing that made rangers special for fractals. Not just for resing at 48 maw, but for reviving a downed ally while keeping the boss busy. This even further takes away a LOT of utility from the ranger You have my sympathies my friends.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: kipz.8701

kipz.8701

Pretty much sums it up.

Attachments:

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

I’m really interested in which projectiles are unblockable in dungeons.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

This update almost makes me want to play again just so I can see that chicken being carried properly, almost…

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: joeytan.3865

joeytan.3865

Hats off to you anet. U can fix ppl bugging the arch driver but you cant fix the bug where the arm seals go crazy. Basically it becomes unbreakable or even after the health bar on it is gone mobs keep spawning. Its something thats kittened up after one of your previous updates so you cant clear that bug but u wanna clear something that has been around for ages. Seriously cant stop laughing at you guys.

Well done.

Wethospu.6437

You forgot one:

Thanks, added.

Honestly one thing would make me super happy, more waypoints.

Posted by: Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Brave Sir Ryan.1240

I was shocked by lack of CoF nerf last month. When AC got changed, it was clear there was a larger scale effort going on to rework dungeons. We’ve seen nothing since. So at this point, I’m essentially thinking there must be something very big in the works. IE: something to prevent the inevitable move from CoF to whatever is next…and instead making dungeons rewarding to play again.

I’m remaining hopeful that a rework is underway and that the team is working on things other than the whole project getting nixed, but getting an update soon would be pretty nice. At this point it’s been left for far too long with no word.

Posted by: Roktar.2497

Roktar.2497

In conclusion, all the dungeons “fixes” of this patch are pointless like all previous patches…

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

stickying this thread since you guys beat me to it.

Posted by: Ari Kagura.9182

Ari Kagura.9182

Who wants to bet that a change to CoF p1 would be in the form of a “silent nerf”? That would be hilarious in one way, but very wrong.

“I control my fate!” — Claire Farron
I am Fleeting Flash, in-game dungeon cosplayer of Reddit Refugees [RR] .

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

Who wants to bet that a change to CoF p1 would be in the form of a “silent nerf”? That would be hilarious in one way, but very wrong.

you mean stealth nerf. apparently they already did that with an earlier patch by making flame acolytes respawn 5 seconds slower and the gate to the boulders open 5 seconds slower.

Posted by: Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Brave Sir Ryan.1240

Thanks for popping in, Robert.

Would it be possible to get some sort of info or update soon as to the direction dungeons are moving? From what I’m aware, the team was working on revamping dungeons, AC being the first of which, and we were to expect more of the same soon. That update wasn’t super well-received due to being perceived as too difficult…and we hadn’t heard anything since.

Also to add – I know one opinion doesn’t hold much weight, but please don’t allow the farming crowd to influence what dungeons are becoming. I know the reward structure need reworked overall, but those people will be happy to move on to any farm anywhere; they don’t need dungeons. Dungeons have so much potential for the crowd who enjoy doing dungeons that they just can’t get elsewhere in this game.

Thanks again for your work on this, and any info you could please provide to the impatient types.

Wethospu.6437

Apparently “ship” was fixed on Arah P2. Keep the info coming so we get real patch notes!

Isslair.4908

Apparently “ship” was fixed on Arah P2. Keep the info coming so we get real patch notes!

Nice one.

Any info about p4 exploits?

EU Aurora Glade

(edited by Isslair.4908)

Posted by: Thundolfe.9302

Thundolfe.9302

P.S. Thanks dungeon team for not fixing CoF 1 so I can continue to never run any of your other unrewarding dungeons and just spam this boring and mindless path all night straight if I feel like making money! You’re doing a real good job here!

I could not possibly quote this enough. Crushingly disappointed.

Also, I guess “Phase 2” or whatever that was is just off the table now?

Posted by: Cultrix.3172

Cultrix.3172

Where is the fractal of the mists 50+ ?
Where is the challenging stuff?

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Problem with them not touching CoF again this month, even though its the most run dungeon in the game x100, surely anet have got to see that as economy breaking, the drops, even if its from exotics alone, sure the rate might be low but if you have wave upon wave running threw the dungeon 100’s times a day the numbers are in your favour, yet those who run it normally get stuck with the crap drop rate, poor very very poor.

Posted by: Jordiboy.2301

Jordiboy.2301

have they done something to CoF P1 that they arent telling us? just did a run with my normal party and the last boss was ridiculously hard to kill getting over 10 stacks of regen most of the time and its never normally been that hard to kill it

Nadroj Lionheart
Human Female Guardian
Officer of Excessum [Exss]

Posted by: Razeor.6271

Razeor.6271

The door gimmick at dredge clown car no longer works.
At cliffside’s final boss, players’ skills get locked during stun phase after hitting seal (stability didnt work).
Old Tom’s poison bolts cannot be absorbed.
Safe spot at svanir’s boss no longer works.

(edited by Razeor.6271)

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

I like the part where they added nothing to fractals except fix exploits.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Wethospu.6437

The door gimmick at dredge clown car no longer works.
At cliffside’s final boss, players’ skills get locked during stun phase after hitting seal (stability didnt work).
Safe spot at svanir’s boss no longer works.

Hope I understood them correctly (bit tired).

• Cliffside: At final seal players get unavoidable stun which locks all skills when seal is hit.
  • Underground Facility: Rabsovich can no longer be pulled from his dredge friends.
  • Uncategorized: Old Toms Disrupting Blasts can no longer be absorbed.
  • Snowblind: Safe-spot removed at Shaman Lornarr Dragonseeker.

Posted by: Celly.5912

Celly.5912

Finished a post-patch run of Fractals 77 and this is what we found:

The Mossman bug did need a fix, but the amount of times he goes into stealth and for how long is waaay too much. At some point he went into stealth for 2 minutes straight, throwing his axe, 1-hitting us and still remaining in stealth. It took quite a while to get him down because of the ridiculous amount of stealth: you can only hit him with random AoE when he’s in stealth. He really needs to stealth less.

Cliffside boss is the hardest boss in Fractals now, at least at higher levels. The ads he spawns all 1 hit-KO you. We managed to pull it off but I’d even prefer Dredge over Cliffside now :/ It took us 45 minutes to beat the boss alone. The boss needs a significant decrease in health to make it even remotely fun.

Hats off to you anet. U can fix ppl bugging the arch driver but you cant fix the bug where the arm seals go crazy. Basically it becomes unbreakable or even after the health bar on it is gone mobs keep spawning. Its something thats kittened up after one of your previous updates so you cant clear that bug but u wanna clear something that has been around for ages. Seriously cant stop laughing at you guys.

Well done.

Even if the final seal is at 0% and it hasn’t broken you still need to hit it once more, that’s why the mobs spawn.

[PunK]
Far Shiverpeaks
twitch.tv/awsmcelly

(edited by Celly.5912)

Razeor.6271

• Underground Facility: Rabsovich can no longer be pulled from his dredge friends.

Should have been more clear, the dredges reset as soon as they move beyond the door which you use to enter the room. Rabsovich can still be separated from his minions.

Wethospu.6437

Should have been more clear, the dredges reset as soon as they move beyond the door which you use to enter the room. Rabsovich can still be separated from his minions.

Oh yeah you meant that one.

Posted by: Celly.5912

Celly.5912

Just thought to mention this perhaps we want to fix this in the next patch.
dredge map in fractal, the room which requires two players to stand on the platform and one to activate the control panel in order to open the gate to enter the next room. i have seen team that skipping this by sending two players climbing up and go around the outside of the upper room and jump into the central room, get on the platform and die on it, while waiting for one player to run around outside the central room and reach behind the control outside the room to allow him to activate the control from side without taking damage or anything.

As if Dredge doesn’t take long enough yet :p

Another one is the cliffside final boss (not sure if this been fixed :p) — after the boss drop its hammer. Players can bug him by group hugging him and jump on him while the hammer guy hit the seal. By bugging him this way, he will drop the hammer again and again.. w/o needing to fight him.

I like fractals n like doing it the non cheaky ways!! :p

This has been fixed (as also shown in the patch notes). If you like doing fractals the “non cheaky ways” I think you’ve never played high level fractals :p

[PunK]
Far Shiverpeaks
twitch.tv/awsmcelly

Posted by: Luke.2643

Luke.2643

Most of these fixes are welcome, but I was expecting some changes to CoF.

You now have to 99% it or have 45 AR.

Nope.
40 ar is fine for a guardian, he can also keep another guardian with 35 ar alive with him.

Isslair.4908

Any info about p4 exploits?

Nope. Still working.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

You now have to 99% it or have 45 AR.

Nope.
40 ar is fine for a guardian, he can also keep another guardian with 35 ar alive with him.

Yeah, sure, and my Necro can do it with 40 because of DS, but still. I liked Ranger pet res because it was low-stress, and now I actually have to buy those accessories I’ve been holding off on getting.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Pittstonjoma.1659

Pittstonjoma.1659

AC has been terrible since they “fixed” it.

GW1 – Joma Pitdragon

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

What feature is this? The super secret “JP” people used to skip to Brie?

Posted by: Rathlord.5824

Rathlord.5824

Not reading this whole thread, but I just wanted to point out that my one experience in a dungeon (even with lots of helpful and experienced 80’s in a lvl 40 dungeon) has been abysmal and culminated in two hours of wiping.

Posted by: FakeyC.4518

FakeyC.4518

• Underground Facility:
    – Normal dredge at Rabsovich (Champion) now reset if you try to pull them out of room.

Tried doing this at difficulty 20. It makes this dungeon unbearable. You’re confined to a small room with over 50% ranged mobs that are immune to blind! Only way is to sloooowly grind the reinforcements by doing hit and runs in and out of the room. People already skipped this because of the length. So devs decided to make it even LONGER. WHAT THE HECK.

Posted by: Xystus.3241

Xystus.3241

• Underground Facility:

Tried doing this at difficulty 20. It makes this dungeon unbearable. You’re confined to a small room with over 50% ranged mobs that are immune to blind! Only way is to sloooowly grind the reinforcements by doing hit and runs in and out of the room. People already skipped this because of the length. So devs decided to make it even LONGER. WHAT THE HECK.

Its pretty easy to pull the boss and take him down first, then just destroy the trash afterwards. Overall, I still feel this encounter takes to much time.

Xyssi – Asura Guardian
Xystus Furtim – Human Theif
Server: Stormbluff Ilse

Wethospu.6437

- Mossman no longer uses Gouge from Stealth.
– Mossman summons only one Wolf when Stealthing.

Razeor.6271

This is actually related to projectile absorbing skills being changed in general. Guardian’s shield of the avenger can still absorb them.

My mistake.

Posted by: timecookie.8570

timecookie.8570

ARAH PATH 1 WAYPOINT AFTER TAR ELEMENTAL PLEAAAAASE !

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals

Why wont you touch them, anet?

Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals Fractals

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Razeor.6271

In dredge fractal, if stealthed planting the bombs will give revealed debuff.

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

In dredge fractal, if stealthed planting the bombs will give revealed debuff.

easily the most annoying one I found so far and very not cool that it wasn’t included in the patch notes. The funny thing is I can still solo it without taking a single hit it just now takes 3x longer. Also, in the front area, dredge now infinitely spawn (until the door gets blown up) close to the entrance and they don’t even drop loot.

What is it with anet and trying to make fractals no fun and the worst possible place for farming? It’s like they don’t want anyone to run it anymore.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: svtdragon.6948

svtdragon.6948

+1 for all of the “dredge fractal takes longer than most of the other fractals combined” posts. And no, this is not a request to make them all longer! Up-to-Rabsovich and post-Rabsovich could almost be two separate fractals, if you added in a little filler. (Frame of reference: my reward level is 39, and my /age is over 1100 hrs of almost all PvE.) Note that it takes too long not just on higher difficulty levels, but all the way down on lv10.

I think it’s reasonable for a fractal run to take 1.5 to 2hrs for a competent team, which puts it on par with most of the other dungeon paths, apart from some of the agonizingly long ones that nobody does except for the Dungeon Master title. But if you’re unlucky enough to land in Dredge as your third fractal, it’s almost worth restarting the whole run just to avoid it (and if it’s the first or second, then it’s definitely worth restarting, which I will be doing until this is somehow rectified).

Posted by: Mordicon.4530

Mordicon.4530

Ascalonian Catacombs path 2

So now you have killed anything fun about this path, now you have made the ghost eater AOE SO hard and do a DD that does so much damage I don’t care what kind of group you have mixed with you your going fail and pay so much in repairs its no longer worth even going in. This is a L 30 Dungeon Get with it, either tone it down or your going to end up with no one playing it at all. I do not enter a Dungeon to skip content because you made it so hard we cant win. Do you even play your own Dungeons? with out GOD gear on?
You have a Pve fan base that’s just about had enough of the MASS AOE Kill all Dungeons. Paying over and over for repairs kills the fun. It would be ok if there was a good enough way to make gold in the game, but there is not.
This is not a FTP game you get us when we buy the game and you get us every time we buy something from your market.
Your sucking us dry with Gems prices. Your game is not good enough to keep us paying like this and destroying the fun in the dungeons. Every single time you patch you make a dungeon that much harder to stop the farmers. So now AC is out and our guild will not go back tell its fixed and play able.

Enjoy Your Fix’s Content thats not worth playing