Dungeon Queue

Dungeon Queue

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Crey.5263

Crey.5263

Greetings Community,

I did a cursory search for both Dungeon Queue and Dungeon Finder to see if this has been suggested before, but I’d like to know if other players would find this to be a worthwhile development for Anet as well. Please forgive me if this has already been addressed by the community or Anet, and I’d be willing to read the other thread if you point it out to me.

At the moment, we have a very nice lfg function that allows us to post our groups who want to do a specific dungeon and search for the same amongst the postings. However, I’d really love for Anet to add a dungeon finder queue that performs a match making function. This is not an uncommon feature in games with a dungeon element, and GW already has a fairly adaptable function in it’s PVP Matchmaking Queue.

I’d love to be able to select from a list of paths that I’d be willing to run from ones that I am high enough leveled to participate in (preferably the system could also intuitively let me opt out of doing paths for which I have already received the daily reward) and be placed in a party with 4 other people with matching dungeon preferences (obviously preferring people that I am partied with). Once a dungeon party is found I could receive the same notification that I would receive were I on the map of the dungeon asking me if I would like to join the instance, provided that I am not in combat and be teleported into the instance similar to how pvp works.

If this is generally something that the community would find useful, would Anet be willing to develop it?

Dungeon Queue

Posted by: Fancypants.9705

Fancypants.9705

As mentioned to many times… Anet is not updating Dungeons paths. I would assume they will not be adding anything that has to do with dungeons to the game at this point either, such as a que. I run dungeons all the time and honestly would not bother using a dungeon que. It would likely group me with a bunch of low levels looking for a carry through the dungeon. Ques work well in other games because it would fill required rolls, which in GW2 dungeon case… isn’t a big deal.

Dungeon Queue

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

If we overlook the fact that Anet’s never gonna touch dungeons again (which is a shame) and give them any sort of polish, purely theoretically:

A queue could be a nice addition, provided it truly works like its PvP counterpart. People in PvP get matched based on their level of experience and skill (whether or not this works accurately is a different discussion, the system at least tries to do something) and we need the same thing in PvE. The problem is that on one side, you have seasoned veterans, who experienced the content a 100 times and know every little trick and gimmick that saves you a mere couple of frames. Our only desire is to clear content as efficiently as possible, maintaining high gold/hour ratio. On the other side, you have new players, who never set a foot in dungeons and only want to experience the content (and story), regardless of time taken. It is pretty clear these 2 types of players cannot be matched together, since they both have completely different goals and expectations.

If the proposed queue doesn’t make concious effort to match players based on this type of criteria, you will end up with a completely useless system, because parties created like this will inevitably run into problems and disband very quickly.