Dungeon rewards and inflation

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Ever since the 07/09/13 update that added daily dungeon rewards we have received practically the same reward. For the past 10 months inflation has been going up but the reward has been 1.26g or 1.31g. I think 1.31g today buys noticeably less than it did when this feature was added, so the rewards should be adjusted for inflation.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Unfortunately, that would lead to higher prices, as dungeons add gold to the economy rather than take it out (from tp flipping). While I agree we should be making more, as dungeons are my primary source of income presently, if we all did, I think we would see higher inflation of the prices of goods on the tp. (i.e., I think we would see 2000g+ precursors as a regular thing)

Evidence for this: The fall of the German economy post WW1. Money was printed by the government, and eventually a loaf of bread was costing millions of deutchmarks, which in turn allowed the country to be taken over by fascists. Adding more money to a regular income source that every player can accomplish would eventually lead to hyper-inflation.

Then Scarlet would come back.

No one wants that.

Ever.

Any economist who knows more than I please correct me if I’m wrong.

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

Unfortunately, that would lead to higher prices, as dungeons add gold to the economy rather than take it out (from tp flipping). While I agree we should be making more, as dungeons are my primary source of income presently, if we all did, I think we would see higher inflation of the prices of goods on the tp. (i.e., I think we would see 2000g+ precursors as a regular thing)

Evidence for this: The fall of the German economy post WW1. Money was printed by the government, and eventually a loaf of bread was costing millions of deutchmarks, which in turn allowed the country to be taken over by fascists. Adding more money to a regular income source that every player can accomplish would eventually lead to hyper-inflation.

No one wants that.

Ever.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

No one wants that.

Ever.

+1

I remember getting smoked in BCT and afterwards having to write a 1000 word essay about how not securing your gear will make things FUBAR. I wrote pages of random stuff like that. My drill sergeant was not pleased to say the least. I remember throwing up after a half hour of front-back-go’s. Ugh. That blew.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

O.o

Are you trying to summon John Smith to the bowels of the GW2 forums?

Is this some brilliant plan to get a new red post in here??

Hmm….I hope so. And I hope it succeds

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I DO think that the other dungeon paths need to get a rework to match AC’s rewards (more for consistency than anything else), but other than that, I agree that increasing the raw gold rewards from dungeons would have more negative than positive consequences.

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

The time spent in AC for a speedclear group is longer than most other dungeons (besides CoE and Arah) because of the long timegated events. The award is your prize for surviving the boredom.