Dungeon speed runs - the dark side

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Doctor Faustus.6372

Doctor Faustus.6372

Who are you all to comment my playstyle? Elitists. I gearcheck how I want, you can’t tell me how to play.

You can’t tell me how to play! You’re not my mum daddy!

[vC] Doctor Faustus.6372

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Duck this, let this thread go back to PHIW land.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

This will help solve all the problems of the OP and other hand-wringers.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: Hohou.1508

Hohou.1508

Dark side is good side. It’s just matter of bad PR. So from now, Dark side is looking for new PR manager. Reward: weekly big box of cookies.

Engineer since August 2012

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

no offense intended, and it isnt everyone, but the fact that more than half the people in a thread were supporting kicking people for watching cutscenes during a story dungeon (which means its unlikely it was advertised as speed run) Heck even the guy who is supposed to be your representitive to anet said that kicking people for watching cutscenes in a story dungeon, which by the way is intended to be for story, and has less rewards than other dungeons for this purpose, is perfectly cool.

You forgot to mention that the OP in that thread was specificly asked by his party to stop watching cutscenes. Since he kept doing that he fully deserved to be kicked.

The fact that they kicked him at the endboss is a bad thing and no one in that thread supported it either. But not following what your party wants you to do? Yes, you indeed deserve to be kicked.

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I think that the biggest problem is specific requirement in the LFG.

Some ppl are really bad at asking requirement. They ask for AP which is irrelevant, ask for exp which i’m sure that new player think mean explorable and not experienced, they forget to ask for 80s only, etc. If a level 60 join your group and you only ask for exp, the fault is on the new player? He just joined an explorable dungeon group for all he know, the fault is on the ppl that created a unclear LFG.

But on the other end, you have ppl NEVER reading the description EVER. You put 80 only and ppl join on level 70. You ask them to come back on a level 80 and they said that they want to level up an alt or they that its their only character. You ask zerker and they try to leach. You ask for experienced and they don’t know the path.

Not so long ago someone posted a redesigned UI and that included a revamped LFG where you can select requirement (experienced, 80 only, etc). Well done, it could fix a big part of the problem.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

no offense intended, and it isnt everyone, but the fact that more than half the people in a thread were supporting kicking people for watching cutscenes during a story dungeon (which means its unlikely it was advertised as speed run) Heck even the guy who is supposed to be your representitive to anet said that kicking people for watching cutscenes in a story dungeon, which by the way is intended to be for story, and has less rewards than other dungeons for this purpose, is perfectly cool.

You forgot to mention that the OP in that thread was specificly asked by his party to stop watching cutscenes. Since he kept doing that he fully deserved to be kicked.

The fact that they kicked him at the endboss is a bad thing and no one in that thread supported it either. But not following what your party wants you to do? Yes, you indeed deserve to be kicked.

the op in that thread was with his friend.
one person asked him to stop,

it only takes two people to kick

was it a majority vote? who knows, regardless, just because you are the majority, doesnt mean you are right.

i can guarantee you when the devs made guild war 2 story missions, they did not expect people to be kicked for actually reading the story.

you think that whatever you want to do is cool because the majority says so?

the fact that yall actually believe that nothing is wrong with the idea of kicking people from dungeons, for playing the game as specifically intended, is why the dungeon community is pretty screwed up.

When i do a dungeon, sometimes they stack, sometimes they dont, sometimes some one is new. I never kick someone for sucking, i dont kick someone for watching cutscenes, i dont kick someone for disagreeing with my plan.

The kick command was meant for griefing, afk, offline, cheating, and harassment, it wasnt really created with the intent that 2 people would use it to enforce whatever they felt like on all the other players.

But fine, people are people they will use tools as they see fit, i cant force yall not to do whatever you want. But please, dont try to act like the op is crazy for saying yall arent a welcoming community, with kitten dark side, you will demonstrate that in various ways before this thread is over is my guess.

As i have already seen since this got moved to this sub forum.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

When i do a dungeon, sometimes they stack, sometimes they dont, sometimes some one is new. I never kick someone for sucking, i dont kick someone for watching cutscenes, i dont kick someone for disagreeing with my plan.

You’re not the gold standard.

But fine, people are people they will use tools as they see fit, i cant force yall not to do whatever you want.

Glad you recognise this

just because you are the majority, doesnt mean you are right.

Or wrong.

you think that whatever you want to do is cool

Yes.

for playing the game as specifically intended

Bingo?

the dungeon community is pretty screwed up.

Thanks, I like to think of myself as top kittenhole around here.

Trash can forum*

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

phys.7689

You’re not the gold standard.

But fine, people are people they will use tools as they see fit, i cant force yall not to do whatever you want.

Glad you recognise this

just because you are the majority, doesnt mean you are right.

Or wrong.

you think that whatever you want to do is cool

Yes.

for playing the game as specifically intended

Bingo?

the dungeon community is pretty screwed up.

Thanks, I like to think of myself as top kittenhole around here.

Trash can forum*

hey, least your honest about it. Anets fault for giving you the gun if they didnt want you to use it.
but its still a jerk move!
carry on.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

So when I do a dungeon and post in LFG with requirements, I am morally obligated to carry any and all people who do not comply with my requirements. Should I kick them I will be labeled as an evil elitist and scum of the earth for protecting my interests, while the person I kicked is hailed as a martyr for his noble sacrifice in the crusade against my fellow Mind Brains and Elitist Jaguars.

At least, your logic appears to imply so.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

Since 95% of cutscenes are just two faces talking to each other, I don’t think it’s far fetched to think that ANet does not care about cutscenes in the story dungeons. If they want me to watch cut-scenes they have to remove the skip button à la Aetherpath. And many people dislike it for that reason.

Also, whether the kicking people were in the majority or not does not matter. If you don’t have respect for the wishes of your party… well, don’t expect them to keep you around. It is group content after all

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

phys.7689

Since 95% of cutscenes are just two faces talking to each other, I don’t think it’s far fetched to think that ANet does not care about cutscenes in the story dungeons. If they want me to watch cut-scenes they have to remove the skip button à la Aetherpath. And many people dislike it for that reason.

Also, whether the kicking people were in the majority or not does not matter. If you don’t have respect for the wishes of your party… well, don’t expect them to keep you around. It is group content after all

if the “wishes” of your party are not the majority, then isnt just the wish of two people in the party?
2/5 of the people were a player who wanted to watch the scenes and their friend
1 guy tells them to skip the cutscene
apparently at least 1 other guy agrees with him.

so for all we know it would be 2 vs 2, i suppose the other 2 players should have shot first and pre-emptively kicked the other guys, then they can say they were the true wish of the party.

keep in mind this was dungeon with a story mode listing, highly likely it said nothing about skipping cutscenes, because no body writes that in the descriptions of dungeons.

point is, it would have been just as wrong for the two players watching the cutscenes to kick the other guys, but according to you guys, nope, its just who kicks first, you dont need a majority, just two people who can act first.

oh yeah, and they did intend people to watch story mode, hence why they called it story mode, made it something you only have to do once per account, and made the rewards substantially less, so that no one would be trying to speed run it for cash, and thus feel the need to rush people out of the cutscenes.

Its essentially like coming to the newbie area, and berating people for reading tutorial messages.
but yeah that makes perfect sense to you guys.

(edited by phys.7689)

phys.7689

So when I do a dungeon and post in LFG with requirements, I am morally obligated to carry any and all people who do not comply with my requirements. Should I kick them I will be labeled as an evil elitist and scum of the earth for protecting my interests, while the person I kicked is hailed as a martyr for his noble sacrifice in the crusade against my fellow Mind Brains and Elitist Jaguars.

At least, your logic appears to imply so.

what requirements, it was a story dungeon. do you really think the lfg post said
story dungeon speed clear beserker experienced?

Thaddeus.4891

if the “wishes” of your party are not the majority, then isnt just the wish of two people in the party?

Why do you keep talking about that case, noboby else is talking about that. We only heard one side of the story and its not like cutscene in Story mode is a big problem. That’s irrelevant. People complain about experienced vs casual, zerker vs non zerker, etc. Nobody is talking about these few times when somebody kicked someone because they watched a cutscene in a story mode. That’s a situation that don’t happen often.

oxtred.7658

Story mode should be made once per account? Do you even play this game?

phys.7689

yeah i meant charachter.

phys.7689

Why do you keep talking about that case, noboby else is talking about that. We only heard one side of the story and its not like cutscene in Story mode is a big problem. That’s irrelevant. People complain about experienced vs casual, zerker vs non zerker, etc. Nobody is talking about these few times when somebody kicked someone because they watched a cutscene in a story mode. That’s a situation that don’t happen often.

its an example that shows, what the accepted norms are within this games dungeon community.
in other games, the thought of kicking people for watching cutscenes, is frowned upon. Here, it is generally approved, and understandable.

people in general population say they hate running dungeons because there is always some drama, or this expectation that you play perfectly or you get kicked, or people will call you newb if you arent doing everything as they expect it

and they are right,
there is post after post complaining about newbs, people who dont know the current meta, using a different weapon, etc.

The only surprising thing, is that some people here claiming otherwise. Yes, this dungeon community is pretty harsh why are you pretending it is not?

it doesnt really matter what the other side of the story is, because everything that was said was based on the only side presented. It could be that the op was lying, but people were discussing the principles, not the realities.

(edited by phys.7689)

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

yeah i meant charachter.

So someone with only one character who has done all of the story mode dungeons can’t hop on to help his buddy with doing a story mode dungeon?

What if Player 1 does Arah Story mode with some buddies before he gets to Victory or Death? Is he out of luck for finishing his personal story because he already did the dungeon?

Sorry, I think making story once per character will hurt more than it will help.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

keep in mind this was dungeon with a story mode listing, highly likely it said nothing about skipping cutscenes, because no body writes that in the descriptions of dungeons.

You must not be NA. I see it all the time. Heck Im reasonably sure I saw someone post kitten in the funny lfg’s thread.

Also I can say I sometimes list my story mode with skipping cut scene ( no ap/speedrun/level req but skipping cutscene. And I have kicked people out for watching them.

I have reasons for kicking but meh, Im the devil, no real point in saying them.

screenshot is a bad word? or is it s doubled? s s s’s ss Ahh I see. " A ignore SS"

Also I dont give a rats bum about group majority. I made the rules. I listed it. I waited. I rule. until I get kicked atleast

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

phys.7689

yeah i meant charachter.

So someone with only one character who has done all of the story mode dungeons can’t hop on to help his buddy with doing a story mode dungeon?

What if Player 1 does Arah Story mode with some buddies before he gets to Victory or Death? Is he out of luck for finishing his personal story because he already did the dungeon?

Sorry, I think making story once per character will hurt more than it will help.

no i was correcting, you only HAVE to do it once per charachter, as is, you can do it as much as you want.

basically im saying the designed story mode to have minimal benefits, so people dont want to speed run it, so newbs can experience it normally.

phys.7689

You must not be NA. I see it all the time. Heck Im reasonably sure I saw someone post kitten in the funny lfg’s thread.

Also I can say I sometimes list my story mode with skipping cut scene ( no ap/speedrun/level req but skipping cutscene. And I have kicked people out for watching them.

screenshot is a bad word? or is it s doubled? s s s’s ss Ahh I see. " A ignore SS"

Also I dont give a rats bum about group majority. I made the rules. I listed it. I waited. I rule. until I get kicked atleast

well, honestly it doesnt really matter, just saying yall guys are not a welcoming bunch. So when some one is like why is the dungeon community so rigid and hostile? dont be like, what do you mean, we are the nicest guys you ever did meet.

Those he say yeah we are and what, well i may disagree with their ideology, but at least they arent saying its in his imagination.

hybrid.5027

well, honestly it doesnt really matter, just saying yall guys are not a welcoming bunch. So when some one is like why is the dungeon community so rigid and hostile? dont be like, what do you mean, we are the nicest guys you ever did meet.

Those he say yeah we are and what, well i may disagree with their ideology, but at least they arent saying its in his imagination.

Stop trolling. The dungeon community is extremely welcoming. We wouldn’t have mentor guides, create guides and do live streams if we didn’t want to help new people.

What we DON’T like is when new people come to our community, tell us we are evil, give us a list of demands and then end by saying that anet should change the game to eliminate everything we like about it. You think we should be welcoming of objectively stupid newcomers like that?

phys.7689

Stop trolling. The dungeon community is extremely welcoming. We wouldn’t have mentor guides, create guides and do live streams if we didn’t want to help new people.

What we DON’T like is when new people come to our community, tell us we are evil, give us a list of demands and then end by saying that anet should change the game to eliminate everything we like about it. You think we should be welcoming of objectively stupid newcomers like that?

the dungeon community should actually be for everyone who likes the gameplay of dungeons.

See your response shows a lot here.

You want people to follow what you say, so you make guides, cool
if people dont follow what you say, they are the enemy, and are objectively stupid.

regardless of your rightness or wrongness about anything mechanic related, thats the attitude that people dont like that makes them want to avoid dungeons, and dealing with that mindset.

Sure, there are hardheads on the other side,
half the time the complaint people have isnt even about one side or the other side, its that when they are trying to do a dungeon, these two sides will have a big argument in the middle of the dungeon, and someone will rage quit, or vote kick.

a lot of people dont want to do that, they want to work together to beat a dungeon meta or not, without huge blow ups because 1 guy isnt following meta.

and no, that isnt confined just to lfgs that ask for speed clears/ zerk metas etc.

you think im trolling when i say people outside of the dungeon community think that dungeons are filled with drama and control freaks? look at the op, thats what people really think

(edited by phys.7689)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I like what Nike said. And Negativity breeds Negativity.

If we’re going to take specific examples and extrapolate a generalization out of them. WHy not what happened a month or so ago? Guy comes here asking for advice on doing Lupi with guard but without energy sigils because he can’t afford them. Not only does it get flooded with advice and video demonstrations, but also someone just sends him a set of energy sigils. Yup, the people in this community are such evil kittens.

And I think everyone in the dungeon forums has the same chant, “if you want to wear PVT that’s fine, just don’t join my groups please”. Why is that so wrong?

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

if people dont follow what you say, they are the enemy, and are objectively stupid.

No, it’s not that at all. We don’t like being demonised by people despite all of the effort and help we put in to bettering the community.

However, if people don’t want to follow our guides … that’s cool. That’s their choice. The problem is with people on both sides insulting each other with people throwing around the “elitist” boogeyman to describe anyone who -god forbid- actually wants to impose a standard on their LFG groups and then you have people on the other side condescendingly referring to other players as “play how you wants” or “casuals” – but the fact of the matter is, these two terms are simply thrown around in response to people being sick of the “community” demonising them and making out that dungeon runners are the literal scum of the earth and need to be deleted from the game.

you think im trolling when i say people outside of the dungeon community think that dungeons are filled with drama and control freaks? look at the op, thats what people really think

And the whole reason people think that is because of the drama queens rampant on this forum who either tell exaggerated stories, or true stories with certain details purposely omitted where they were kicked from groups they shouldn’t have even been a part of full stop.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

oxtred.7658

“You should also teach people refusing to be taught”
pretty much

Seera.5916

yeah i meant charachter.

no i was correcting, you only HAVE to do it once per charachter, as is, you can do it as much as you want.

basically im saying the designed story mode to have minimal benefits, so people dont want to speed run it, so newbs can experience it normally.

Ah ok, I misread.

phys.7689

No, it’s not that at all. We don’t like being demonised by people despite all of the effort and help we put in to bettering the community.

However, if people don’t want to follow our guides … that’s cool. That’s their choice. The problem is with people on both sides insulting each other with people throwing around the “elitist” boogeyman to describe anyone who -god forbid- actually wants to impose a standard on their LFG groups and then you have people on the other side condescendingly referring to other players as “play how you wants” or “casuals” – but the fact of the matter is, these two terms are simply thrown around in response to people being sick of the “community” demonising them and making out that dungeon runners are the literal scum of the earth and need to be deleted from the game.

And the whole reason people think that is because of the drama queens rampant on this forum who either tell exaggerated stories, or true stories with certain details purposely omitted where they were kicked from groups they shouldn’t have even been a part of full stop.

it happens in the dungeons, you guys may think that this type of thing only happens when someone joins a zerk party with PVT, it doesnt. It happens in open games with no requirement, i seen people just sit there while a guy dies trying to run past mobs.(knowing he will just have to run it again, and maybe killing those 3 mobs will save time) I seen people rage quit because the non zerk party they joined is non zerk, but only after calling out all the other players for being newbs without zerk. I seen two guys argue for the entire length of the dungeon about who is right and who is wrong about whatever meta.

Its actually player experience that lead people to think the dungeon community sucks.
It happens in all games, but from what i have seen it seems more prevalent in this game.

Seera.5916

the dungeon community should actually be for everyone who likes the gameplay of dungeons.

regardless of your rightness or wrongness about anything mechanic related, thats the attitude that people dont like that makes them want to avoid dungeons, and dealing with that mindset.

half the time the complaint people have isnt even about one side or the other side, its that when they are trying to do a dungeon, these two sides will have a big argument in the middle of the dungeon, and someone will rage quit, or vote kick.

a lot of people dont want to do that, they want to work together to beat a dungeon meta or not, without huge blow ups because 1 guy isnt following meta.

and no, that isnt confined just to lfgs that ask for speed clears/ zerk metas etc.

But if an LFG clearly states that they are in the mood for doing the dungeon as fast possible, they shouldn’t be able to do that if someone joins the group who is new to the dungeon?

If the two groups of play styles (the speed runners and the casual runners) were respectful of each other and stayed out of each others’ playground unless they were willing to play the rules of the play ground, then there likely wouldn’t be a problem or a perception problem in the dungeon community.

And remember that each side has its jerks. Report, block, and move on. Don’t come here and vent and complain. You’re giving that jerk more power.

Jerus.4350

Point remains that you’re demonizing and generalizing an entire group because of some kittenes. These kittenes aren’t only in the dungeons though, the amount of negativity in map chats anywhere there is a good loot farm is just insane. “kittening idiots, you’re supposed to let this event fail, god learn how to play!” Should I read that and assume the entire open world PVE community is nothing but a bunch of kittens?

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

I sort’of like the Toxic LFGs. It allows me to join groups and block the leader, thus saving me from ever having to deal with such a person again.

(I then leave the group)

Seera.5916

Point remains that you’re demonizing and generalizing an entire group because of some kittenes. These kittenes aren’t only in the dungeons though, the amount of negativity in map chats anywhere there is a good loot farm is just insane. “kittening idiots, you’re supposed to let this event fail, god learn how to play!” Should I read that and assume the entire open world PVE community is nothing but a bunch of kittens?

Too add to this: it just seems more prevalent in dungeons since it’s in an area where you have to pay attention to chat if you’re group isn’t voice chat and you’re having to rely on each other. Dungeon groups are a captive audience to each other in a way.

Open world you can turn off map chat with little consequences or block someone with no consequences. And you can just leave and come back later.

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

I love blocking those people too.

Like anyone who is salty from the lack WP-ing of the dead in the silverwastes.

Thaddeus.4891

What are you talking about. Ppl make guide to help other ppl find out what is the best in the game because the community worked over the last 2 years to figure out all those stuff. Ppl are not stupid if they understand what is best but they prefer to play another way, they are not stupid if they come with new ideas and make their case to the community to explain why they think this could be good. But ppl that come in the forums and make false claim that they can’t back up and discuss about with other, then I have no remorse calling them stupid.

Everytime I talked directly to someone in-game about dungeon and they tell me that they kind of fear dungeon, it was always (100% of the time) because of forums, but they never really tried dungeon. Took them in 2-3 runs, they had fun, figure out that all that kitten about dungeon was blow out of proportion on the forum and that in reality it happen very few times.

phys.7689

But if an LFG clearly states that they are in the mood for doing the dungeon as fast possible, they shouldn’t be able to do that if someone joins the group who is new to the dungeon?

If the two groups of play styles (the speed runners and the casual runners) were respectful of each other and stayed out of each others’ playground unless they were willing to play the rules of the play ground, then there likely wouldn’t be a problem or a perception problem in the dungeon community.

And remember that each side has its jerks. Report, block, and move on. Don’t come here and vent and complain. You’re giving that jerk more power.

it doesnt just happen in lfg parties with speed clear req.

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

without huge blow ups because 1 guy isnt following meta.

The people you’re talking to in these threads aren’t the people who are blowing up because 1 person isn’t following the meta, though. Part of the problem is that people come to this forum complaining about people who don’t really make up this forum’s community.

It really sucks that lots of people out there are kittens, and that some kittens ruin dungeon runs for lots of people, but you can understand, I hope, that it’s not very helpful to lump the very tiny minority of the playerbase that hangs out on this forum in with those kittens just because both groups like fast dungeon runs.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

phys.7689

ok, i will say this, not all dungeoneers are aholes.

Point remains, whatever the cause, the chances of having dungeon blow ups/drama/kicks/quits/apathy seems higher here than in 2 other games i have played.

(edited by phys.7689)

Jerus.4350

I can agree with that, though I’d also say the lfg tool puts a group together much faster than the games I played. In other games we were much more picky to begin with, especially with the trinity in place.

Seera.5916

it doesnt just happen in lfg parties with speed clear req.

Never said that it did.

I’m fully aware that some jerks who like to speed run go into casual groups and demand they switch to meta to cater to him.

Just like the jerks who go into speed run groups when they don’t meet the requirements and demand to be allowed to stay.

DonQuack.9025

i seen people just sit there while a guy dies trying to run past mobs.(knowing he will just have to run it again, and maybe killing those 3 mobs will save time) I seen people rage quit because the non zerk party they joined is non zerk, but only after calling out all the other players for being newbs without zerk. I seen two guys argue for the entire length of the dungeon about who is right and who is wrong about whatever meta.

And Ive seen the inverse. Your point?

I literally just taught a lvl 63 thief how to solo cm p3 and we have a date scheduled for p1.
How? Why? he said " hey how are you doing that?" after I left him behind and solod in a group that said “Lvl 80’s Experienced only”

Excusing the fact that I hated his guts for joining, hated that he didnt respond when I asked if he was switching.

Say all you want about how the dungeon community is absolute kitten. But I know which community answered my questions. I know which community showed me how to do things. I know which community facepalmed at my lack of skill and which said" Great Job" when I FINALLY figured it out. I know which community “taught” me to pass on the knowledge.

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

May you please direct me to an online game, requiring a certain amount of teamplay, where you do not meet such players on a regular basis?

Don’t waste your time looking one up, there is none.

Such is the nature of PUGs. Welcome to the internet.
I expect that behavior when PUGing in the LFG window – optimistic players will never taste the joy of expecting a bunch of “tru war pros” and ending up getting a mixed bag of friendly, smart players, which more often than not results in a much smoother and efficient run, than with “LF ZERKER 9001K-AP ONLY NO NOOBS” group.

The only solution to this is either don’t PUG or leave, if drama’s about to happen.
That’s how i usually do it.

Tho, i have agree with OP on the dungeon design thingy…i mean, each dungeon and path was, according to their designers, intended to encourage certain class and build compositions for an optimal run, while leaving space for experimentations. Well…

The aetherpath and some fractals are good examples of how should it have been in the first place. While not perfect (nothing is), the designer of that one sure learned from past mistakes.

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

(edited by wauwi.9162)

hybrid.5027

Instead of reinterpreting what I said through your filter of bias, why not just take what I said literally: we are welcoming of new people with open minds but unwelcoming of people who come just to tell us how evil we are and how the game as we enjoy it should be altered to spite us. It would be insane for us to be tolerant of that second kind of person.

DonQuack.9025

It is my perhaps flawed opinion that this Phys doesnt think highly of the dungeon community because “we” are not more accepting of basically everything.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I am a very loving jaguar and very accepting of all potatoes, elitist or otherwise.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Phys, the people you’re coming here to lambast are not the ones you’re likely having these bad issues with. Thing is, most of the folks here run with friends and Guilds. If they run with PuGs they are just trying to finish a path at an odd time of day or something.

The people here are not the ones saying “50k AP” or whatever arbitrary check is in place for groups now.

Don’t throw stones at an entire community for this. Some of these people pour hours into theorycrafting builds, publishing up to date guides on every single dungeon and class in this game. They don’t do this for their benefit alone. These are the same people who already are holding records for this content.

They don’t need you to follow them. They don’t need you in their groups and chances are, you won’t ever run into them on the LFG. They put this stuff out for the community. That’s why it’s pretty kittenty of you to come in here guns a blazing.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

phys.7689

Ok, i take back the statement that this forum is dark

Regardless, in game, dungeons tend to get negative more often than in other games.

I think the op, who was a lot more tactful, and probably respectful than me has a valid point. Something about something brings out more negative dungeon runs for the non proffesional dungeon player in this game than in other games.

I dont think this is actually a good thing for dungeon gameplay as a whole, i think that the more people who enjoy and play dungeons, the more likely they are to get better/more development. While its fine to have elite groups and special teams, the basic regular dungeon politics shouldnt feel unapproachable

Jerus.4350

And that’s why we have guilds like NOOB and ARES trying to be helpful , lots of great people doing their best to help others along. You have people like Sarahfull teaching fractals. Ivan, Jiyn, and Zui used to do arah teaching tours on weekends (where I learned, that zone intimidated the hell out of me, now I can’t get enough).

Fact is though, that no matter what is done, people will be people, and you can’t really stop kittenes.

DonQuack.9025

I think the op, who was a lot more tactful, and probably respectful than me has a valid point. Something about something brings out more negative dungeon runs for the non proffesional dungeon player in this game than in other games.

Most other games have built in gear/level/role checks. The “casuals” cant play with “pro” Most other games have easily identifiable roles. Youre not going to find a healer who specs into earth damage just because.

The “problem” with gw2 is that everyone can.

And no offence intended but what games are you speaking of? I cant think of one mmo where the dungeon community isnt thought of as kittens by the “casuals” despite pretty much everything the “casuals” do is because of said community.

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

DonQuack.9025

Bug-B-Gone

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

Way off topic, but City of Heroes had a pretty casual and welcoming “dungeon” community, at least on my server. It was pretty cool, actually.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.