Dungeons

Dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sennar.2309

Sennar.2309

Hi, i’m a Guild Wars 1 veteran and i want to explain my conceirn about dungeon situation.I was thinking about bring some gw1 style dungeon here, when you should do a specific dungeon for a chance to drop the weapon that you like to have.Also there is no fun doing dungeon staked in a corner and spamming ability, so do somethings for fix this abomination.Also, bringing back dungeon like Deep or Urgoz’s Warren style would be aweome.Also, i’m back after 2 years now and i saw no differences.You are not the old Arenanet that i remember on Gw1 anymore.Where is the spirit that you had on Gw1 update/expantions?

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien

Dungeons

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Hi, i’m a Guild Wars 1 veteran and i want to explain my conceirn about dungeon situation.I was thinking about bring some gw1 style dungeon here, when you should do a specific dungeon for a chance to drop the weapon that you like to have.Also there is no fun doing dungeon staked in a corner and spamming ability, so do somethings for fix this abomination.Also, bringing back dungeon like Deep or Urgoz’s Warren style would be aweome.Also, i’m back after 2 years now and i saw no differences.You are not the old Arenanet that i remember on Gw1 anymore.Where is the spirit that you had on Gw1 update/expantions?

What bosses do you stack in corners? becuase most of them are better done without it. There are a few little benefits to it, control being one, not moving while dodging another (including such attacks as whirlwind).

But what real benefits do you get from it? Please name me them.

if you’re going to use it as an argument please say you’ve put a little thought into it.

Right now it’s simply a pug tactic that people have refused to get away from for little to no reason. A few bosses benefit from it in ways above what I said before, but the majority of bosses are better dealt with where they stand. So again, please go into further detail if you want to use it as an argument to prove your point.

That said, from what I’ve seen of the gw1 dungeons you mention, I’d love to see them, more options on paths to take and all that.

Dungeons

Posted by: Sennar.2309

Sennar.2309

Today i was doing AC and CM, all three paths and one said “i’ll bug this boss now or go on that wooden pieces cause the boss will do no damage to us(in CM)”.So, today doing this run,skipping all the mobs, it isn’t fun for me.So, the outher point,here you can see all the gw1 dungeons:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dungeon

Now you can obtain the things releated on Dungeon simply doing it and exchange tokens for weapons/armors.In Gw1, if you really wanted to obtain a weapon, you was obligated doint that dungeon until you can’t get that.Last one, hoping that they really introduce somethings like this:

Also here thanks to woodenpotato you can see all the endgame that Gw1 can offer:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDF3E75A843BA1607

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien

Dungeons

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Today i was doing AC and CM, all three paths and one said “i’ll bug this boss now or go on that wooden pieces cause the boss will do no damage to us(in CM)”.So, today doing this run,skipping all the mobs, it isn’t fun for me.So, the outher point,here you can see all the gw1 dungeons:

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Dungeon

Now you can obtain the things releated on Dungeon simply doing it and exchange tokens for weapons/armors.In Gw1, if you really wanted to obtain a weapon, you was obligated doint that dungeon until you can’t get that.Last one, hoping that they really introduce somethings like this:

Also here thanks to woodenpotato you can see all the endgame that Gw1 can offer:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDF3E75A843BA1607

Ahh, so your refering to exploits. yeah, I think most people here would like to see ANet fix that… but yeah. you’re exploiting, that’s not really a valid complaint on the quality of the dungeons based on their intended completion procedures, more on the fact that they haven’t cared enough to fix them up and remove such issues.

As for skipping mobs, well CM is actually one fot he most challenging dungeons to skip without stealth… with stealth… yeah that’s the point of stealth. It promotes diversity both in providing stealth and in bringing lesser used skills to skip.

Dungeons

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

First, as Jerus said, LoSing bosses (not to be confused with stacking) is an old tactic that only makes things more difficult. So yaaay… pugs like challenge.
Second, “spamming skills” is something only noobs do. Yeah, every other day someone comes here to the dungeon forum and rants how dungeons are braindead easy and how he can complete it just spamming autoattack. The fact is you are being carried and your party can succeed only thanks to players who don’t spam skills, but rather activate them in very particular order (== rotation) and, for that matter, know what to bring for every encounter.
I’d also like to see some gw1 mechanics implemented in gw2 as well (hard mode, H/H, less HP for enemies), but please, before you judge the game and PvE strategies, learn something about it. If you get a good party and just watch them carry you through the whole thing, it sure must seem braindead, but as soon as you’re forced to do something useful on your own, you will discover that dungeons provide challenge, fun and competitive environment.

Dungeons

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

To be fair, in GW1 most dungeons were done using some kind of Shadow Form build to skip all the levels until you got to the end boss, fought the boss, got the final chest, rinse, repeat.

Dungeons

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

To OP – Because you never stacked and LoS’ed mobs in GW1, right?

Snow Crows [SC]

Dungeons

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

To OP – Because you never stacked and LoS’ed mobs in GW1, right?

What’s funny is, he probably didn’t.

When you ran with 7 heroes, Ogden wasn’t going to tell you that you were using bad strats. Livia wasn’t going to say that your builds were trash. Razah didn’t complain about the insigia choices you picked. The Master of Whisper wouldn’t blame you for wipes. Unless you were in a speed clear guild, there was absolutely no pressure to conform to the meta in PvE.

Unfortunately (or fortunately as it were), this game is different. You have to group with people and you are expected to put in a fair effort at contributing.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Dungeons

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

What bosses do you stack in corners? becuase most of them are better done without it. There are a few little benefits to it, control being one, not moving while dodging another (including such attacks as whirlwind).

But what real benefits do you get from it? Please name me them.

Wow… you call control a “small advantage”, really? Do you truly not see its importance? Every successful general in history has seen the importance of fighting the enemy on his terms and on the ground of his choosing, but you do not…

Here’s a short list for you:
1. cleave.
2. LoS.
3. AoE attacks have more projectiles hit due to walls.
4. spike res if needed.
5. mobs do not get out of melee range suddenly.
6. 100% guaranteed buff sharing.
7. safe dodges.

It is true that one of the best reasons for stacking, FGS Rush, is gone, but that does not mean it is not a valid and good tactic, albeit not in absolutely all cases. Not to mention that all pugs know it and it’s an easy common denominator to come to. Or are you really trying to educate pugs?)

Dungeons

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

1. cleave.
2. LoS.
4. spike res if needed.
7. safe dodges.

You can do all of those things fighting the boss where they spawn, except LOS. LOS is only valuable for trash mobs, though. LOSing a boss is just wasting your own time.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Dungeons

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

1. cleave.
2. LoS.
4. spike res if needed.
7. safe dodges.

1) You can cleave while stacking on the boss anywhere, corner stacking isn’t an advantage here.
2) LoS is a strategy, this isn’t an advantage. LoS can give you two advantages. The first is to regroup several mobs into one spot to cleave them all, but Jerus was talking about bosses. Some specific boss have annoying mobs, but that pretty rare. The second advantage of LoS is to get a boss out of a zone. This can be useful in some situation like getting Bridgette in CM path 2 out of her symbol, but this can be done more effetively with boon ripping for a faster kill. Or Fyonna in TA UP to fight her out of the room full of eggs, but again a better strategy is to use CC to burst her in place. LoS is a good strategy when fighting a large group of mobs, but otherwise good team will use other strategy. Pugs use that strategy because it’s a simple, easy way of doing things done without coordination.
3) You are 100% right on this one.
4) See number 1
5) True, but very limited amount of bosses are moving out of melee range. Fyonna is one of them, but most bosses don’t move fast enough to get out of range of melee. Good coordinated team will still prefer to use CC Burst, but it’s true that corner stacking will make pugs life easier in those situation.
6) See number 1
7) See number 1

Our point is that yes corner stacking is a good strategy in some specific situation. Record run team will use it about 5-6 times when they do ALL dungeons. But in most situation, corner stacking is a slow but easy strategy. Most good coordinated team will rush to the boss, stacking might and kill it before the boss could have reach your corner. The time you wait for the boss to reach you is just too long to balance the advantage that the corner stacking give you. At the same time, corner stacking can limit you. It limit greatly the dps of all thief and rangers since they can’t really flank as easily. It also force you to dodge attack that you could simply move behind the boss to evade (see last boss SE path 3). You don’t dps while doing that dodge.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Dungeons

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

You see… Stacking in corner is completely optional. If you don’t wanna stack, just type it in the LFG description.
Afraid no one’s gonna join you?
That’s because people like stacking. Bringing changes to stacking will please you and not me or almost everyone else.

Glorious Human Master Race

Dungeons

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Pugs keep stacking because that was the meta back when FGS was a thing, months ago. LFG groups will always be a few months behind the current meta: to OP, if you want to do dungeons a specific way (like clearing everything or no stacking) make your own lfg or join a guild that does it that way.

Or you could join a dungeon guild that doesn’t use outdated tactics from months ago if you hate corner stacking that much. Though they would probably ask you to run a meta build in return.

Dungeons

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

If you’re serious about getting dungeons done in a way you want, you need to find a group of like minded individuals and form a dungeon “team” that runs regularly in the way you want.

Expecting pugs to suddenly adopt new strategies and using their brain is a highly unlikely scenario and one prone to frustration and confusion.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Dungeons

Posted by: Havok.3712

Havok.3712

In Gw1, if you really wanted to obtain a weapon, you was obligated doint that dungeon until you can’t get that.

This contrasts most ironically with your sig. Since you like GW1 dungeons so much, maybe you could keep playing GW1?

Dungeons

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

In Gw1, if you really wanted to obtain a weapon, you was obligated doint that dungeon until you can’t get that.

This contrasts most ironically with your sig. Since you like GW1 dungeons so much, maybe you could keep playing GW1?

I have a joke for you

Q: How do you know someone’s a gw1 player?
A: They’ll tell you.

Dungeons

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

So stacking and “spam ability”(lol) is exploity but those builds in gw1 where you could facetank a bunch of mobs with shadow form assassin and other such things aren’t?
On a happier note, yes. New dungeons would be nice. Any new dungeons really.
Will they happen? No. When the playerbase struggles with living story..