Dungeons and issues

Dungeons and issues

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

NOTE: This post has one goal: to inform the team who works in dungeons for Guild Wars 2 how their dungeons are. Please do not play the Anet fan and say their dungeons are perfect. They will never improve dungeons if we don’t let them know the issues that plague GW2’s dungeons.

Please write a list of bugs, issues and concerns in the dungeons, and please do not troll or harass the opinions of those who participate. Thank you all!*

1- Twilight Arbor:
Guys, please don’t judge the removal of the Foward Up path so fast, let us see if the new dungeon path is well designed, inspired and fair. You have to realize that not everyone is an elite as you guys are, who can finish up the Foward Up path like if it is nothing. That path was full of bugs, unfair, uninspired and boring to many. All of the paths in this dungeon need some revisions.

2- Fractals of the Mist:

• Dredge fractal:
This fractal needs some SERIOUS adjustments. Way too many dredges with incredible respawn times. Most people just hate it and cheat it for a reason.

• Uncategorized Fractal:
Those irritating harpies are just unfair: You can’t shoot them from far, they become invulnerable easily, and the fractal only favors certain classes that can reflect projectiles. Fix the harpies and reduce the amount of knock-backs they can dish out and this fractal will be fine.

• Volcanic Fractal:
This fractal has some strange videos popping in that can kill a player when the rocks start to slide down the volcano, plus the shamans have been a little too fast lately, even ignoring cc and knock backs lately. Plus, throwing the rocks at the Champion Shamman have a weird issue where they don’t hit the target and fall close to the edge of the little hill where it is at.

• Cliffside Fractal:
Most of it is really good except that the final two seals on the top can become hectic really fast because of the spawn rate of the mobs protecting the seals. Maybe just a tad bit of balance here can allow this fractal to be near perfect.

3- Ascalon Catacombs:
Many avoid AC path 2 because of the Ghost Eater boss. Sure some parties can manage to kill it, but it seems that this boss does way too much vulnerability, and can be fairly unintuitive for players without experience or a communication program (Teamspeak). Also, the cave troll is a bit overpowered, stunning with every single attack.

3- Cadecaus Manor:
It really needs to be improved (mobs need adjustments to fit their level requirements, the stealth part where you need to sneak past all the guards needs another look, etc.)

6- The Ruined City of Arah:
Oh Arah… all of it needs another look. Most of the fights in this dungeon are a mess. The Melandru fight is super irritating: Melandru shoots trees that for some reason have incredible amounts of health (and can actually move!), has monkeys that don’t die, green stuff that knocks you down indefinitely, roots that root you in place……… omg. Then there is the Grenth fight, which is boring and uninspired, and then Simin, which is arguably the most stressing boss in the game for no good reason. The only saving grace of this dungeon is Lupicus.

7- Honor of the Waves:
The incredible large pools of health from most of the champs are just ridiculous. Path 1 is easier compared to the other 2 paths, but path 3 is just horrid. Why doe the jellyfish on path 3 have so much health?

What do you guys think? Please post YOUR list of the worst dungeons and the issues in them below.

Dungeons and issues

Posted by: Warzaw.2708

Warzaw.2708

There is no dungeon team.

BREAK YOURSELVES UPON MY BODY
FEEL THE STRENGTH OF THE EARTH
Vicodium – Ranger (IX) Coldsnap

Dungeons and issues

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“You have to realize that not everyone is an elite as you guys are, who can finish up the Foward Up path like if it is nothing. That path was full of bugs, unfair, uninspired and boring to many.”

There were two main bugs in Twilight Arbor. The Jungle worm and Nightmare tree were both not resetting after a wipe. The Nightmare tree was creating spiders on allies that could not dodge, such as ranger pets and spirits. It isn’t so bad that it needs writing off.

Arah is harder, that’s all. One of the dungeons has to be the hardest. Path 4 seems more difficult but only because there are no common knowledge tactics. It took players over 6 months to get some of the common knowledge tactics that allow CoE speedruns and until then it was seen as a hard dungeon.

Dungeons and issues

Aden Celeste.3650

Please post your concerns regarding other dungeons as well~

Dungeons and issues

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

Simin is not a hard fight. Last saturday i led a group of 3 first timers, who didn’t even read nor watched any guides. The new guys were 1 giver’s guardian, 1 zerk necro and 1 ranger. Rounding them out was me on a glass thief and another ranger. Did it in some 20min or so.
Plus considering the group setup, we did it in about 2 hours.

Dungeons and issues

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Path 4 seems more difficult but only because there are no common knowledge tactics.

Lyssa is the only fight in that entire run that requires any Thinking at all.
Everything else is just running past the Trash(B/c they’re the only other thing that presents any Non-Facerolling difficulty), and maxing DPS through might stacks.

Oh… and also NOT being a ranger during the Simin fight b/c the stupid sparks always aggro onto your pet then and become 3x harder to wrangle ….which again, is just bad/lazy A.I. programming & design on their part.

Dungeons and issues

Posted by: Fatfox.4915

Fatfox.4915

Not a pro by any means but these are the ones I’ve found-I’ve not done all dungeons.
AC p2 has a glitch where sometimes the ghost eater will reset if he wanders to the furthest trap.

CM- The aggro I find is very sticky. I don’t know if this is intended but one party member will end up getting all the boss aggro from all bosses despite what everyone else does. Having spent a while running this for tokens, it seems to happen to light armours more. The camera for norns is a bit awkward as well.
The p2 barrel bit is very hit and miss- maybe if the red circles were a bit more forgiving with the barrel placement.

COF p1- The npc required to open the rolly ball gate has gotten stuck on the wall and will not move. Waypointing couldn’t fix this. She died in the tunnel and when rezzed wouldn’t move or interact. This has only happened once though, so the majority of the time it’s fine.
Does anyone know if the balls should be displayed? All I see are shadows :/

I found the dredge and cliffside fractals fine when I tried them in a party of first timers but I’ve not ventured into many dungeons at all. I will do at some point when I’m feeling brave.

Dungeons and issues

Aden Celeste.3650

I found the dredge and cliffside fractals fine when I tried them in a party of first timers but I’ve not ventured into many dungeons at all. I will do at some point when I’m feeling brave.

What level of fractals did you try? I do lvl 48 and lower, and sometimes it becomes nauseating to see so many dredges…

Dungeons and issues

Posted by: Fatfox.4915

Fatfox.4915

What level of fractals did you try? I do lvl 48 and lower, and sometimes it becomes nauseating to see so many dredges…

Sorry I should of said. I only did the most basic of levels in them. I think dredge was the 3rd one we hit. Maybe it’s a scaling issue? Not a fractal runner :/

Dungeons and issues

Posted by: Skweak.7392

Skweak.7392

AC: Several ranged weapons just get ‘obstructed’ or ‘out of range’ on the graveling burrows no matter where you attack them from.

Dredge fractal: The three dredge turrets (in the path where you blow up the door, just before Rabsovitch) have the same problem as with AC.

Uncategorised fractal: The electric beams you have to avoid while going up the stairs (just before Old Tom) often hit you when they shouldn’t.

Cliffside: The little explosions along the wooden catwalk just before the final boss hit you when they shouldn’t. Also they often don’t hit you when they explode right under your feet.

(edited by Skweak.7392)

Dungeons and issues

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Dredge fractal: The three dredge turrets (in the path where you blow up the door, just before Rabsovitch) have the same problem as with AC.

done on purpose so you have to kill them while fighting dredges…(ofcourse there are other ways).

Uncategorised fractal: The electric beams you have to avoid while going up the stairs (just before Old Tom) often hit you when they shouldn’t.

If someone gets hit they do an aoe hitting everything near.

Cliffside: The little explosions along the wooden catwalk just before the final boss hit you when they shouldn’t. Also they often don’t hit you when they explode right under your feet.

1st time you pass, 3 sparks instead of 1 spawns….wait first 3 and go up.

Cliffside still has the melee attack from 1st boss (the one that shoots ranged agony after the attack) hitting at 1200…..but since can evaded it they will tell you L2P everytime you say its a bug.

p.S. New TA….as revamped AC is worse than the original…..did they gave up to make <lvl80 dungeons?

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Dungeons and issues

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I think my favourite part of the game is that you can reflect those electricity things coming down the stairs at you in uncategorized and everybody ahead of you now has them coming up at them.

Dungeons and issues

Posted by: Eaz.6459

Eaz.6459

I mainly run fractals as the other dungeons doesn’t interest me (except CoF for empyreal farm now that my alts need ascended as well) so my knowledge in “normal” dungeons are limited.

So will only comment fractals.

• Dredge fractal:
This fractal needs some SERIOUS adjustments. Way too many dredges with incredible respawn times. Most people just hate it and cheat it for a reason.

I actually enjoy that fractal, lots of loot and AE fun

• Uncategorized Fractal:
Those irritating harpies are just unfair: You can’t shoot them from far, they become invulnerable easily, and the fractal only favors certain classes that can reflect projectiles. Fix the harpies and reduce the amount of knock-backs they can dish out and this fractal will be fine.

Most groups go with a guardian, with stability and reflect wall this is fairly easy. (And we used to hate this one in our group, but now we are flying through it. Key being move together, hug the mob, be ready with reflect/stability)

• Volcanic Fractal:
This fractal has some strange videos popping in that can kill a player when the rocks start to slide down the volcano, plus the shamans have been a little too fast lately, even ignoring cc and knock backs lately. Plus, throwing the rocks at the Champion Shamman have a weird issue where they don’t hit the target and fall close to the edge of the little hill where it is at.

Video at start of rockslide is annoying. They do need to remove that video. Correct me on the speedy shamans, but isn’t that when you reach higher fractals? I notice a difference between 20 and 30 fracts on their speed, in which case it is logical so that the boss actually becomes a bit harder the higher level you go.

• Cliffside Fractal:
Most of it is really good except that the final two seals on the top can become hectic really fast because of the spawn rate of the mobs protecting the seals. Maybe just a tad bit of balance here can allow this fractal to be near perfect.

Again, tactic, leave one alive on one side and that one is fairly easy.

The thing that bugs me on that is that the event doesn’t reset properly, so that IF you fail, you may as well leave as it is more or less impossible to do it when both sides keep spawning.

Now, above being said from my perspective which is that I very seldom (never) pug, always playing with the same crowd from guild, with voice chat which makes any gaming easier.

Dungeons and issues

Posted by: Skweak.7392

Skweak.7392

done on purpose so you have to kill them while fighting dredges…(ofcourse there are other ways).

If someone gets hit they do an aoe hitting everything near.

1st time you pass, 3 sparks instead of 1 spawns….wait first 3 and go up.

Cliffside still has the melee attack from 1st boss (the one that shoots ranged agony after the attack) hitting at 1200…..but since can evaded it they will tell you L2P everytime you say its a bug.

p.S. New TA….as revamped AC is worse than the original…..did they gave up to make <lvl80 dungeons?

It’s inconsistent though. Guardians for example can use their scepter against the turrets.

With the beams before Old Tom, I always go up alone so nobody is near me (and my pet is stowed :P). I sort of wonder if this is an Australian ping issue because this kind of problem always happens in things like Sanctum Sprint, I’d avoid the booby traps but they’d still be set off.