Dungeons and lodestones

Dungeons and lodestones

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Morph.8562

Morph.8562

So, lots of us are working towards their first legendary. Lodestones are pretty important in this as we all know that we need 100 of one type of them. Now that I am done with almsot everything else for my weapon I started to look around to get the 100 charged lodestones for myself. They got insanely expensive recently since a lot of (or more like too many) good looking weapon needs a lot of charged stones (which is quite bad).

So I tried both methods to acquire them: CoE running, and grinding Sparks. Let’s not talk about sparks: they have a low dropchance and it is kitten boring. But let’s talk about CoE. Out of the last three runs with my mates we got 3 cores. Five of us. Why is the droprate so immensely low from dungeon chests?

And the other question, which is a suggestion aswell: why can’t we buy lodestones for dungeon tokens? Say, 1 Charged Lodestone for 100 CoE tokens? 1 Molten Lodestone for 100 CoF tokens, and so on. I think that this would make lodestone farming a lot more fair for those who need it since they won’t have to rely on randomness or the TP, they can have a steady income of lodestones if they do the dungeons.

Dungeons and lodestones

Posted by: DIMH.5362

DIMH.5362

Interesting idea about the tokens.
My personal opinion is that lodestones are a rare as they need to be. I need onyx lodestones which are inching up to 2gold per lodestone, but I feel like it adds to the feeling of importance and satisfaction that a legendary gives you.

D I M H — Human Engineer [GT]
Henge of Denravi
“Express Delivery”

Dungeons and lodestones

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

100% agreed with buying lodestones with tokens. The drop rate for cores and lodestones is so stupidly low that it’s not even realistic to try. I may get a lodestone for every 1 in 10 to 15 runs. To get my remaining lodestones, that means I can expect to run CoE around 1000 times.

I don’t care if they’re 500 tokens each. I don’t care if you just allow the purchase of cores, as I can use the proceeds of the dungeon runs to put them in the Forge. Just have an actual tangible option instead of relying purely on chests that already have the worst drop rates I’ve ever seen.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Dungeons and lodestones

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

1 Lodestone per 100 tokens, 1 core per 40 or 45.

2 cores can be transformed into 1 lodestone with a mandatory purchase of Crystals & the Elonian Wine from Miyani which costs ~25s along with t6 dust which is why i’d say make the cost of 2 cores slightly cheaper than 1 complete lodestone.

Dungeons and lodestones

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

I think lodestones from dungeons is a good idea but the numbers need to be tweaked. 100 tokens for a lodestone is a bit too cheap. You have to remember that the chest may still contain cores and lodestones. As such, I feel one full run of all 3 paths should be equal to one lodestone i.e. 180 tokens. That way, you are guaranteed one lodestone for a full set of runs. In a addition to this, yo may get a core/ lodestone or more from the chests during the run.

I agree with Lorana that cores need to be cheaper than lodestones and at 60 tokens per core, even if you manage one run a day, you could still net a core and feel like progression.

Dungeons and lodestones

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

I think lodestones from dungeons is a good idea but the numbers need to be tweaked. 100 tokens for a lodestone is a bit too cheap. You have to remember that the chest may still contain cores and lodestones. As such, I feel one full run of all 3 paths should be equal to one lodestone i.e. 180 tokens. That way, you are guaranteed one lodestone for a full set of runs.

Meaning that you need to run dungeons 100 days? That being all 3 paths everyday? I see a grind here!

Apart from that, great idea. Make it 60 tokens per lodestone. That would be the best.

Dungeons and lodestones

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

To be honest, charged lodestones doesn’t drop just inside CoE.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Dungeons and lodestones

Posted by: Sadomator.6419

Sadomator.6419

Totally agree with this idea Go post at suggestion thread, man.

Garl Vinnland – Guardian
Stormbluff Isle

Dungeons and lodestones

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

So lodestones bough with tokens, would be account bound, not resellable?
I doubt this kind of suggestion will even barely approved.

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Dungeons and lodestones

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

So lodestones bough with tokens, would be account bound, not resellable?
I doubt this kind of suggestion will even barely approved.

So increase the drop rate to something reasonable.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Dungeons and lodestones

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Supply rate on all “Charged” crsytal/stones is clearly out of synch with most other stones… hopefully those changes that Jon Peters alluded to(about champions/chests) around the the start of Holloween are almost done finally and will help address this….

Dungeons and lodestones

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I agree with this also (for what it’s worth), really finding it hard to make money for lodestones and their low drop rate just forces me off to the cursed shore grind when I’d much rather be in a dungeon. I now have lots of tokens, no money, and no lodestones XD

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Dungeons and lodestones

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

60 tokens per lodestone is too low but something like 120 (like runes) sounds perfect to me. 180 is too much for a lodestone but i’d take that over no reward as it is right now cuz most got their armors/weapons they wanted. What i really want is a real farming spot. Make the enemies challenging but with much higher drop rate than stupid sparks.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Dungeons and lodestones

Posted by: Eli Stormstrike.8637

Eli Stormstrike.8637

60 Tokens per lodestone is perfect imo. That would give you an incentive to run at least a dungeon per day even though you’ve completed your dungeon set.