Dungeons changes/bugs on March 31

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

I don’t want to rely on the OP to constantly update his post, so I am keeping track of these bugs separately. Please keep reporting unique issues and I will collate them all together and report them directly to the developers. The following is my list so far.

• [All] The game seems to not be rewarding all dungeon chests or end of path reward chests, even if you haven’t done dungeons in many days.
  • [CoF p1] Ferrah cannot continue after the Slave Driver event, breaking the path (we somehow managed to unbug her but not sure how).
  • [HoTW p1] Aldus Stormbringer’s adds don’t all turn hostile now, they run around as friendlies and occasionally turn hostile. They also dodge around.
  • [Arah] Lupicus’s Necrid Bolt auto-attack hits in melee range.
  • [Arah] There seems to be a strange pathfinding bug whereby mobs are teleporting into Giganticus Lupicus’s arena. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVP9_6r98SM
  • [Arah] Lupicus is failing to track his targets like he used to when using skills, causing skills like his Necrid Trap (Bubble) and Shadow Step to miss their targets by wide margins.
  • [Arah p4] The Grenth event never finishes when the last wraith is killed.
  • [CoE p2] The Husk event never finishes.
  • [Fractals – Thaumanova] The eastern event where you have to break open the doors to save the Asuran engineers is broken insofar as the door to the collider is open even if you never save any of the engineers.
    If there is something dungeon/fractal related that is broken as a result of this patch, especially blocking bugs, please post in this thread to let me know.

(edited by Aleth.9630)

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

we also managed to unbug cof p1 not sure how but we started to run in and out of the cage with invuln skills as it unbugged.

Posted by: BlitzX.4039

BlitzX.4039

Wanted to see what kind of bug is it in cof p1. Had good laugh
Unbugged it by just jumping inside of bubble.

Posted by: Rumpo.7832

Rumpo.7832

Aetherblade fractal seems bugged as well, the second lasers don’t deactivate properly, which can be annoying with managing kiel.

Also, harpy feathers, ash legion and whispers spy kits, along with dagger water auto attack on ele are really badly delayed now, like here: http://i.imgur.com/nAIeSxy.gif (i was spamming the skill, it’s really bad.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I wonder what’s going on.

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: BlitzX.4039

BlitzX.4039

Also, Aldus Stormbringer seems to have less hp now (duoed him as warriors) but can be mistake

Posted by: Noir.3241

Noir.3241

yes i feel alarmed….didnt know its the meta tho.

Posted by: Marcy.6498

Marcy.6498

arah p4 also bugged, gate didnt open after grenth event.
we tried 3 times, everytime the same result.

Posted by: Noir.3241

Noir.3241

arah p4 also bugged, gate didnt open after grenth event.
we tried 3 times, everytime the same result.

Start screaming WILMAAAA!! if it doesnt open call rambo!

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

Dank memes are starting to take off

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

hahah I was waiting for a wild Cheezy to appear.

Dank memes are starting to take off at an alarming rate. (Careful in using dank…. Dankies got banned for inappropriate character name)

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

• [CoF p1] Ferrah cannot continue after the Slave Driver event, breaking the path (we somehow managed to unbug her but not sure how).
  • [HoTW p1] Aldus Stormbringer’s adds don’t all turn hostile now, they run around as friendlies and occasionally turn hostile. They also dodge around.
  • [Arah] Lupicus’s Necrid Bolt autoattack hits in melee range.

I used leap on on my war and jumped on the top of this fire shield which protect Revered forgedriver, when i died script started working and ferrah talked to him finally xD, strange as hell :P

Posted by: Rumpo.7832

Rumpo.7832

Apparently CoE p2 is unfinishable now, the event doesn’t finish if you kill the husk and the gate stays closed.

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

We just finished a CoE p2 successfully.

• Maybe something was wrong with Agent Spire?
  • Did a Golem or a player skill kill the Husk?

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

hahah I was waiting for a wild Cheezy to appear.

Dank memes are starting to take off at an alarming rate. (Careful in using dank…. Dankies got banned for inappropriate character name)

Can’t let my fans down

Also kitten /y is censored on the forums yet he never had to change his name. Illuminati?

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

It looks like the grenth event in p4 doesn’t get finished when you kill the last wraith. Using a jumping puzzle to get past the closed door didn’t spawn any waypoints or bosses, but the grenth event resettet and if we wanted we could have started it again.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

Aetherblade fractal seems bugged as well, the second lasers don’t deactivate properly, which can be annoying with managing kiel.

Also, harpy feathers, ash legion and whispers spy kits, along with dagger water auto attack on ele are really badly delayed now, like here: http://i.imgur.com/nAIeSxy.gif (i was spamming the skill, it’s really bad.

Working as intended, water auto was deemed too strong for the OP heals it provided.

Posted by: Subi.8014

Subi.8014

This just happened to me too. We killed all of the wraiths and grenth healed alittle and dissapeared, the door didn’t open.

http://i.gyazo.com/eefec799960c7834cd5b7873128750fd.jpg
http://i.gyazo.com/bd23c566e93c60090f7c68dc9c6d947b.jpg

Subi [qT]

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I don’t want to rely on the OP to constantly update his post, so I am keeping track of these bugs separately. Please keep reporting unique issues and I will collate them all together and report them directly to the developers. The following is my list so far.

• [All] The game seems to not be rewarding all dungeon chests or end of path reward chests, even if you haven’t done dungeons in many days.
  • [Arah] There seems to be a strange pathfinding bug whereby mobs are teleporting into Giganticus Lupicus’s arena. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVP9_6r98SM
  • [Arah] Lupicus is failing to track his targets like he used to when using skills, causing skills like his Necrid Trap (Bubble) and Shadow Step to miss their targets by wide margins.
  • [Fractals – Thaumanova] The eastern event where you have to break open the doors to save the Asuran engineers is broken insofar as the door to the collider is open even if you never save any of the engineers.
    If there is something dungeon/fractal related that is broken as a result of this patch, especially blocking bugs, please post in this thread to let me know.
[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Detha just refused to start laying the traps in AC p2 for me. First time happen to me in months not sure if patch related.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Detha just refused to start laying the traps in AC p2 for me. First time happen to me in months not sure if patch related.

Same thing happened to us, workaround is to get her killed by trash and res.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Thaumanova fractal turrets are working again. Asura room still bugged.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

Rising Dusk, I know it was introduced in an earlier patch, but I think that Lupi’s bubble attack should be on that list as well. His phase 3 AoE attack seems to function more accurately as well (same time as bubble broke), so it might be a good idea to note that so they don’t change it back (although I wouldn’t necessarily mind them changing it back, either — it’s a slight difficulty increase, after all). Unless you’ve already sent them something about this.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Another thing about lupi that changed when the bubble and barrage changed. He sometimes completely misses with his shadowstep. He will shadowstep to the back of the room when aiming for a player much closer. Doesnt happen all the time. I just noticed it the other week when i accidentily burning retreated and cancelled my icebow summon. I obviously caused the shadow step. But he went straight past me to the other side of the room where there were no players or npcs.

I think all these attacks missing and arc radius increases are all related to be honest. Also noticed the wraithlord has some accuracy issues and randomly shadow steps even though everyone is in melee. He will also just randomly wander off on occasion.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Rising Dusk.2408

Thaumanova fractal turrets are working again. Asura room still bugged.

Sweet, glad that they managed to address that turret issue. I reported that in my last round of bugs. What’s wrong with the Asura room? Are you talking about how the door is open even without saving the Asura engineers?

Rising Dusk, I know it was introduced in an earlier patch, but I think that Lupi’s bubble attack should be on that list as well. His phase 3 AoE attack seems to function more accurately as well (same time as bubble broke), so it might be a good idea to note that so they don’t change it back (although I wouldn’t necessarily mind them changing it back, either — it’s a slight difficulty increase, after all). Unless you’ve already sent them something about this.

I’ve seen him acting weird with his bubble (completely missing the target for example). Can you describe in detail what you think is buggy about it?

Also, Spoj, I haven’t seen what you’re referring to with the shadowstep teleporting him across the room before. Is this new with this patch and is there any way you could make a video of it happening?

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

TheRandomGuy.7246

Are you talking about how the door is open even without saving the Asura engineers?

Yup that one.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

The bubble used to track its target. It seems to no longer do that at all, and is instead simply used on the location the person was when they triggered it, which means it misses nearly every single time, instead of how it was before, where it literally hit its target every single time.

spoj.9672

Like i said i havent seen it happen very often. It was in the last patch. But to me it seems like the same issue as necrid trap. As Zui put it. The AI is failing to track where players are and missing with attacks.

Rising Dusk.2408

Yeah, I think those two are related. It seems something is weird with how he’s tracking his targets and it’s causing his Shadow Step and Bubble to miss by large margins.

I’m also going to add the weird pathfinding bugs to the list that are causing mobs to teleport to GL’s arena.

Posted by: Meryn.6875

Meryn.6875

I’m also going to add the weird pathfinding bugs to the list that are causing mobs to teleport to GL’s arena.

I might be wrong here, but I dont think this is a bug.
In the video you provided (Purple Miku soloing), he pulled in on purpose I think.
Quote from the description: “So, you know how today’s patch bugged Lupicus’s autoattack? Yeah, that wasn’t enough for me to call it as a challenge with a warrior, so I took it one step further…”

He is the same from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cF3o7mKbXk, where they duo GL + 2 champs (including the one from his recent video).

I think the Risen Knight follows you through the whole dungeon if you choose not to kill him, so following you into GL’s arena is only logical.

Rising Dusk.2408

I might be wrong here, but I dont think this is a bug.
In the video you provided (Purple Miku soloing), he pulled in on purpose I think.
Quote from the description: “So, you know how today’s patch bugged Lupicus’s autoattack? Yeah, that wasn’t enough for me to call it as a challenge with a warrior, so I took it one step further…”

He is the same from this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cF3o7mKbXk, where they duo GL + 2 champs (including the one from his recent video).

I think the Risen Knight follows you through the whole dungeon if you choose not to kill him, so following you into GL’s arena is only logical.

You might be right in that case, but Quin encountered this issue in his video here with some elites instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EoH1JCWrmkA

Something definitely seems wonky here.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Another thing about lupi that changed when the bubble and barrage changed. He sometimes completely misses with his shadowstep. He will shadowstep to the back of the room when aiming for a player much closer. Doesnt happen all the time. I just noticed it the other week when i accidentily burning retreated and cancelled my icebow summon. I obviously caused the shadow step. But he went straight past me to the other side of the room where there were no players or npcs.

I think all these attacks missing and arc radius increases are all related to be honest. Also noticed the wraithlord has some accuracy issues and randomly shadow steps even though everyone is in melee. He will also just randomly wander off on occasion.

So I’m not the only one! I’ve noticed him do this a lot recently where he shadowsteps to Yissa and ends up way past her.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

Oh! I just remembered, maybe it was mentioned somewhere else but I didn’t see it. Mai Trin’s shadow shot has a very similar bug to lupi’s shadow step. Sometimes she will waaay overshoot and end up on the other side of the room. It’s such a similar effect I think they are probably related, though I can’t think of any other bosses or mobs that have targeted teleports to test it on.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

spoj.9672

Yeah this seems like a major player tracking issue. Its more obvious with attacks like shadowsteps it seems. Its definitely not limited to a select few bosses thats for sure. Its probably a gamewide issue which only effects certain types of abilities.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Mai Trin can miss with her tele shot when she’s blinded and end up on the other side of the room (has been like this always), but few patches ago she started teleporting players that reflect her shot in a similar manner to the other end of the room.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

That may be it, though anecdotally it feels like I see her going off in a random direction much more often. I’ll watch to see if she is blinded next time, and maybe get some footage.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: BoBo.3865

BoBo.3865

idk if someone realized but i did Arah P4 yesterday and everything worked fine ( door after grenth opened )

Posted by: BoBo.3865

BoBo.3865

idk if someone realized but i did Arah P4 yesterday and everything worked fine ( door after grenth opened )

ofc lupi was still bugged

Rising Dusk.2408

Can we verify against this list after the patch? I heard from a number of people that Arah p4’s Grenth issue was fixed, for instance, and they said they fixed CoF p1. I have a feeling that the CoE issue may be resolved as well, but I haven’t had a chance to test it.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Can confirm Arah p4 and CoE p2 worked for me today around 12 hours ago.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

I did coe p2 yesterday and it didn’t bug.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

TheRandomGuy.7246

Same here. But coe p2 never bugged for us to begin with. Looks like this is random bug.
Can confirm that lupi needs glasses. I triggered his bauble attack and he spawned it waaay behind me. I did not moved at all so it can’t be his skill delay he just misses. Everyone including npc was in melee except for me.
Mai is a bit strange too. Her teleport shot misses completely sometimes. You can just walk to the side and she teleports to the wall.

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

This is only the case in fractals were you need to activate all 4 colliders (iirc 40 and higher). Yesterday, at level 30 or 20 (cant remember in which I had Thaumanova), it was closed (as it was before the patch in the same situations).
This is most likely intended! That part can FAIL by having one asura die, resulting in the door not opening, making it impossible to activate the collider in that area. It’s even noticeable by the audio “Never mind that collider”. If it would fail in a situation where all colliders are needed, it would mean the end of that fractal run.

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

This is only the case in fractals were you need to activate all 4 colliders (iirc 40 and higher). Yesterday, at level 30 or 20 (cant remember in which I had Thaumanova), it was closed (as it was before the patch in the same situations).
This is most likely intended! That part can FAIL by having one asura die, resulting in the door not opening, making it impossible to activate the collider in that area. It’s even noticeable by the audio “Never mind that collider”. If it would fail in a situation where all colliders are needed, it would mean the end of that fractal run.

Interesting. If this is indeed intended then this is the first example I can think of where failing an instanced event has any real consequence besides spending a few seconds repairing.

Rising Dusk.2408

Not sure if that’s a bug or not Bohantopa, but I’ll report it up to ANet and discuss it with them and try to figure it out. I’ll send my report on the remaining issues today. Thanks for the help in testing them, everyone!

Posted by: whiteflower.9425

whiteflower.9425

SE P1 is also bugged.

Right in the beggining, when we go trough the portal, Ferg is suppose to talk to activate the cut scene but well, he doesnt.

So we just stayed there waiting and then we noticed Ferg was with us at the turrets instead of being in the beggining of the bridge talking.

We had to relog.

Posted by: Laulajatar.4253

Laulajatar.4253

SE P1 is also bugged.

Right in the beggining, when we go trough the portal, Ferg is suppose to talk to activate the cut scene but well, he doesnt.

So we just stayed there waiting and then we noticed Ferg was with us at the turrets instead of being in the beggining of the bridge talking.

We had to relog.

Did one of your party probably take the waypoint before the portal was activated?

This is no signature.
Cloud of Sparrows [CoS]

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

CoF p2 final boss: Eternal flame cannot be autoattacked? We can only dmg it by aoe based attacks.

TheRandomGuy.7246

CoF p2 final boss: Eternal flame cannot be autoattacked? We can only dmg it by aoe based attacks.

This is a general hitbox bug. As far as i know swirly thingy in snowblind fractal, season 2 last boss and cof p2 last boss are affected.