Dungeons, do they need to be fixed?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: CuRtoKy.8576

CuRtoKy.8576

since the page is bugged :< some day they have to fix that.

Posted by: Keltach.8049

Keltach.8049

That brings up the issue of build diversity then does it not? That because these aren’t giving out the most burst dps possible it is there for not wanted. So by this logic if I wanted to dungeon as a thief i better only pick traits that will A) improve my stealth durations and B ) give me the most burst damage. Then if they improved the other play styles of the thief and made them more rewarding, that would get rid of the whole issue of having some mobs not being able to get stealth past. The tnt is a great example of intended to be skipped mobs, i agree with that, but what about the ones standing still that you just run or stealth past, what about those in small corridors that we do the same thing to?

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Normally I’d troll a bit and egg this on, but I’m not feeling it today.

Look at it this way: There are two types of players:

Those that find speed clears fun and are trying to maximum profit per time, and those that are playing to have fun experiencing a dungeon in other ways. Whether that’s immersion in a storyline, the feeling of vanquishing a dungeon, etc etc.

The latter group often feels a strong connection to “their” build. They’ve put together a character that they feel suits them and how they want to play, and don’t want to redo their build and learn some cookie cutter meta build that isn’t what they want. I can understand that.

The speed run group knows the meta build is best for their interests: getting things done fast. They expect their parties to be performing at their best, know the mechanics inside and out, use the best suited attacks, skip time-wasting mobs that aren’t needed, etc etc etc.

The other group is more or less just playing to have fun with the sole goal of completing the dungeon in their character. They don’t want to change their build, they don’t care about maximum efficiency, they want the feeling of accomplishment for completing a dungeon “the hard way” — killing most of the enemies, not drastically changing up a build just to get more DPS, etc. Just play as you are, and have fun. Zipping through the dungeon in a blur, being dragged from boss to boss only to stack and melt them is not appealing, especially if you don’t know how to perform that playstyle well. There’s a lot of pressure and stress put on them in that situation, and it just ain’t fun.

These groups will never really get along in parties. Never will, and it’s useless to try to change each other’s minds. It’s like a religious argument. You can debate until you’re blue in the face, but you likely won’t make a dent in the other person’s viewpoint.

A speed runner is never going to want to be forced to always have slow run through a dungeon that they’ve completed a million times due to some horrible mechanic that is just there to slow things down. The thought of that sickens us.

A more casual dungeon runner is not going to abandon their build, their character, or their views of how dungeons should be played just over a debate. They will probably end up joining the speed run crowd eventually if they stick with dungeons long enough, but early on, they just don’t enjoy that playstyle.

And to the more casual folks, the active posters in the forum are mostly speed runners. Coming here and yelling that utilizing techniques that maximize damage and shorten run times are exploits will not be well received. Find another outlet for your frustrations, because you’ll just get flamed and trolled if you post here. Feel free to, but that’s how it’s gonna end up. If you think that posting here will be seen by the devs and make a difference, think again. This subforum is a red-post desert. Sure, there are a few red threads on the first page, and they are all either a) months (well, probably at least a year by now) old, or b) just have a mod/CC saying “ok guys, stay on topic”. Devs don’t pay attention to this forum, posts here don’t matter “officially”.

Again, a guild with the same ideals would be a great place to look for a place to let off the steam. Just like we have headaches from “bad play-how-I-want pugs”, you guys have to deal with “elitist scumbags”, and it’s frustrating for everyone. But venting at the wrong crowd is not going to get you anywhere.

tl;dr we’re all here to have fun. We differ in our definitions of fun. No amount of complaining, arguing, or sarcasm (from either side) is going to change how anyone defines a fun dungeon run. Live and let live, find like-minded folks to play with.

And for the love of god, everyone please stop making this same post in this forum 4x/week.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

That brings up the issue of build diversity then doesn’kitten That because these aren’t giving out the most burst dps possible it is there for not wanted. So by this logic if I wanted to dungeon as a thief i better only pick traits that will A) improve my stealth durations and B ) give me the most burst damage. Then if they improved the other play styles of the thief and made them more rewarding, that would get rid of the whole issue of having some mobs not being able to get stealth past. The tnt is a great example of intended to be skipped mobs, i agree with that, but what about the ones standing still that you just run or stealth past, what about those in small corridors that we do the same thing to?

Because you cant tank and heal mobs to death, obviously the best thing to do is maximize damage output while still get the required support and control for the fight. Clear?

With thief, you are a class with high single target spike damage and stealth mechanics as in almost every other game. Here you do the same. Deal a crabton of damage while stealth your teammates. Thats your job. If you dont do it, you are less useful, than a thief that do this.

People still can’t understand for some reason, that the utility is absolute independent from gear. And you can avoid every damage with active defense, especially if your team mates are competent and help you out. I mean when you get aegis and reflects from team mates it can help to survive. Get it? Finally?

ps: Lack of punishment makes you and likeminded people feel they are still useful, because the game isnt punish failure nor inefficient methods. No offense, but think about it. Even if you dont push your limits over the top with 25 might, 25 stack of vuln and full maxed out gear and optimized builds etc etc., you will still beat the content.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

That brings up the issue of build diversity then does it not? That because these aren’t giving out the most burst dps possible it is there for not wanted. So by this logic if I wanted to dungeon as a thief i better only pick traits that will A) improve my stealth durations and B ) give me the most burst damage. Then if they improved the other play styles of the thief and made them more rewarding, that would get rid of the whole issue of having some mobs not being able to get stealth past. The tnt is a great example of intended to be skipped mobs, i agree with that, but what about the ones standing still that you just run or stealth past, what about those in small corridors that we do the same thing to?

Thanks to being able to retrait on the fly there is now more build diversity than there has ever been in the game, so I have no idea what you’re talking about.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

CuRtoKy.8576

Not all play styles are going to be viable in every game mode. That is an impossible task. Decap engi is good in sPvP but if you take that exact build and put it in WvW or PvE you will find that it is lacking. Certain things are simply good in certain areas of the game and not others.

DPS isn’t the only thing that matters. Necros do decent damage using a dps build. But they are completely unwanted because they lack the group utilities that other classes have. Then we have mesmer which has some useful team utilities (portal, time warp, and reflects). However, their dps is low. Reflects can be done by guardians. Time Warp only makes up for the fact that mesmers have low dps. So in a way if you don’t maximize portal usage then you would find that guardians are much better than mesmer. This is what will happen if you take away a core thief mechanic. Bleeds? Well other professions can do that as well why bring a thief specifically for that. Poison? what is the purpose? You are asking for a core mechanic on a profession to be useless. And in return you say said profession will still be viable because it has X, Y, and Z even though everyone other professions have that + more. Mesmer is a perfect example.

Thief brings blind which is amazing for non boss fights.

Parties have 5 slots. There are 8 professions. Some professions are simply better than others for a given situation or game mode. Nothing will change that. And these professions will get a spot out of the 5 party spots over other professions.

Again Arah is a big area. Look at the placement of the mobs. It was designed to be skipped since you can move out of aggro range or not get aggro in the first place. For mobs in the way if you don’t have to fight them why would you? It goes back to this. If you have a mission and you can stealth past it then why wouldn’t you. If you want to make it easier you might take out specific guards. But would you clear the whole area? Nope.

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

I just want to weigh in about the idea of thieves going Venoms in dungeons because there seems to be a misconception about the purpose of venoms.
While it is true venoms afflict conditions on the opponent, when you acually look at them, only 2 of them deal condi-damage. Venom’s true role is not condi-damage, but rather disabling(control). Spider cripples healing, devourer, ice drake and basilisk impede movement, and skale weakens defense and detours movement. All that said, due to the fact that 90% of mobs become pretty much immobile in combat, especially against a stack, venoms are virtually useless in this setting. If you want them to shine, I recommend small group roaming in WvW.

I know this will be a hard pill to swallow, but take a few minutes to research the meta builds of whatever class you fancy. Take note of what aspects of the class they consider useless. Think about why that may be and, think hard. Consider what other classes will likely do the job you think you need to do for you. Given enough time you’ll realize either “I’m gimping myself by taking this” or “If they hadn’t said I shouldn’t bring this, I wouldn’t have wanted to in the first place”

It’s a shame that so many traits and skills are unneeded, but at the end of the day, it’s Anet’s fault for not presenting a challenge that would call for them. I’d like to dance around the battlefield, but it’s pointless to do so if the enemies are too stupid to present need for it.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Keltach.8049

Ok. Sure meta builds. Lets all build 1 way and ignore the rest of the trait system. You’re all 100% right that arena net wanted this game to just have speed ran dungeons where we use 0 aspects of this game combat. Lets ignore all combat finishers that don’t give us might, let’s ignore a majority of the dungeon because it takes too much time. Let’s all run zerker meta builds and take all thought out of pve dungeon content. Let’s all run cookie cutter builds because it is meta. Meta for life! is this really what this game has come to? Supporting mindless and brainless dungeon running? I’m sorry but if this continues this game will get killed off. It’s amazing how a majority of the forum base supports this. So in turn I’m just wrong and you’re right because it’s how you all think it’s intended to be? Speed clearing tactics are supposed to be the normal way to run these specific paths only, and if we can’t speed clear this path there for we shall not run it. Man I guess I had the wrong idea about action based combat and being able to play how I want, man I must be so blind to what arena net really wanted dungeons to be. A dps fest of stacking in a corner so we can avoid any and all need to use any of the combat features in this game. Wow how could I have been so foolish, I better learn to play this game the way it’s intended to! Let me go rush off and buy pure dps gear right now so I can join in on this action packed fun! Man let me go on any post like this too and tell those people to learn to play like this amazing community has taught me! Might as well just tell them they’re trolling and that their post should just be ripped off of the forums too because it’s not the way the game is meant to be played! Let’s all be meta guys! Man I wasted so much time attempting to figure out the dodge mechanic, trying to see what combo finishers I could use in certain situations, and to attempt to see how long I could control or even when controlling would be needed. Thanks guys for showing me the way!

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Ok. Sure meta builds. Lets all build 1 way and ignore the rest of the trait system. You’re all 100% right that arena net wanted this game to just have speed ran dungeons where we use 0 aspects of this game combat. Lets ignore all combat finishers that don’t give us might, let’s ignore a majority of the dungeon because it takes too much time. Let’s all run zerker meta builds and take all thought out of pve dungeon content. Let’s all run cookie cutter builds because it is meta. Meta for life! is this really what this game has come to? Supporting mindless and brainless dungeon running?

Nobody’s saying ignore the rest of the trait system, or other blast finishers or anything like that. What they ARE saying is: Know every aspect of your character and know when to which traits at the most appropriate time.

If you had to build a house, you’d use the most appropriate tool for each particular job, right? That only makes sense, yes? That is the Meta.

You’re looking at the situation like this:
Non-meta: Why can’t they make screwdrivers as good as hammers at driving nails into boards?
Meta: Why not just use a hammer…?
Non-meta: OMG why do you love hammers so much, there’s so many other tools out there, why do you just totally ignore them?

In reality the Meta is simply saying:
Meta: Need to drive a nail? Use a hammer. Need to cut some wood? Use a saw. Use the appropriate tool for the situation. Not our fault ANet keeps giving us nails to hammer.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Keltach.8049

Meta is simply an elitist way to make people do what they want, meta shouldn’t be pure dps stack in corner gg loot. If it’s meta why are you using a screwdriver? Wouldn’t a drill be more efficient? So all non meta users are idiots? Wow great comparison. I’m sorry all meta players are so brilliant

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

I do have to say some dungeon designs are very questionable.

Arah p1 like you mentioned has one of the easiest final boss fights ever, and it’s all inherently in the dungeon. Pretty much anyone can solo it without even directly doing any damage.

SE p1 is also odd. Why doesn’t Tazza drop any champ loot but the Commander does? Why not just make both required bosses to get the end chest rather than have Tazza not drop anything at all and the ability to lure her all the way out of her starting area?

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

dlonie.6547

Keltach, you’re right. You shouldn’t forced to play that way. Go find other people that want to play the same and go have fun playing the way you want. Start your own LFG for a casual run. Enjoy the game and have fun in your runs. It is possible with the right group, but you have to either make your own LFG or be careful to only join ones that are explicitly labeled something that is not a speed run. You got the short end of the stick on that one, considering that most LFG posts are for speedruns, but that’s just the way it is — none of us can change it.

We run meta and think highly of it because it suits our goals — fast, profitable runs. Some people are obnoxious about pushing it on others, but that’s just the way some people are. Let it go and go have fun in your game. Don’t let them win.

Play the game how you want, let us play it how we want. Our playstyles are non-compatible, so the best we can do is just stay out of each other’s way.

dlonie.6547

Nobody’s saying ignore the rest of the trait system, or other blast finishers or anything like that. What they ARE saying is: Know every aspect of your character and know when to which traits at the most appropriate time.

If you had to build a house, you’d use the most appropriate tool for each particular job, right? That only makes sense, yes? That is the Meta.

You’re looking at the situation like this:
Non-meta: Why can’t they make screwdrivers as good as hammers at driving nails into boards?
Meta: Why not just use a hammer…?
Non-meta: OMG why do you love hammers so much, there’s so many other tools out there, why do you just totally ignore them?

In reality the Meta is simply saying:
Meta: Need to drive a nail? Use a hammer. Need to cut some wood? Use a saw. Use the appropriate tool for the situation. Not our fault ANet keeps giving us nails to hammer.

salutes This. Well put.

But if people want to experiment with other tools, go for it. It might be fun to drive a nail with a hatchet. Just don’t take a construction job and expect to get away with it.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

dlonie.6547

A present for OP:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Stacking-skipping-no-fun/first

This guy is also interested in casual runs. Friend him and ask him about that Stay Focused guild. Do runs with him. Make your own guild. Lots of options besides trashing other peoples ways of enjoying the game.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

If it’s meta why are you using a screwdriver? Wouldn’t a drill be more efficient?

It is the non-meta that’s using the screwdriver in my example.

So all non meta users are idiots? Wow great comparison. I’m sorry all meta players are so brilliant

Well. I’m not gonna say idiot. Those are your words, not mine. Though, you did misread what I wrote.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

:D

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

@Keltach

I understand your frustration, but, I don’t agree with Villifying Metas.

Metas encourage players up the skill curve, and act as a space for discussion that accumulates strategies and knowledge. This player discussion causes the meta to shift, because they make new discoveries or take stances on incomparables, which attracts people to try a different aspect of the combat system and view things from a new perspective.

A healthy Meta keeps your gameplay fresh and the players informed.

Our Meta is legitimately falling short, but it has it’s reasons.
There just isn’t much to teach or discover or debate about when the game-mode only meaningfully engages a shallow linear slice of the combat system. The content just doesn’t tap into enough of the game’s depth to garner a truly healthy Meta.

It’s a “Dead Meta”.
It’s not Toxic*, which is generally when you start pointing fingers at your fellow player. It just doesn’t have enough to go on to shift of it’s own volition, it only moves a little bit when the devs push a patch through to poke the corpse with a stick.

(*with the exception of Fight Knowledge, which ends up being ignored instead of taught to others, and is a pretty legit case of the Meta undermining one of it’s worthwhile features.)

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Posted by: Boyd.5438

Boyd.5438

Point of my post is simple.

learn the mechanics and the classes, pros and cons. really learn not just talk about it and utilize it.

conditions are imo grouped into 2 types, control, and damage.

Torment, bleed, burn etc are considered as damage conditions,

Poison, Blind, Immobilize, Chill are considered as control conditions.

IF used properly, regardless of BUNKER or GLASS, they work the same, and achieve the same end result.

THIS is, what i call the meta, simply by understanding the conditions and utilities that assist you in circumstances regardless of build, class or equipment used.

i have been saying, there is no such thing as a meta because it totally isnt imo, more of an experience gap between new and old players, people that know and dont know.

if you want to close the gap, understand why and how, play the class, use the utilities, experience the game.

types of player and or playstyle, i agree there are many, some people like to kill every mob, spend 5 to 7 hours in arah p4 killing everything, that is totally fine with me.

BUT regardless of what class or what you decide to do, it is not just about bunker, heals, and condition damage. its about group support, learning the classes and assist your team mates, and maximizing the group potential regardless of build.

you can assist people even with full glass cannon zerker builds with aegis, stability, blinds, immobilize, chill. support doesnt just mean heal and bunker.

a berzerker experienced player is more likely to support a group more than a cleric full healspecced guardian or shout heal warrior.

and this, not everyone understands.

accusing people of being elitist or exploiting game mechanics etc is not relevant because you simply do not understand the game yet if using any of pre supplied skills and utilities are, as you call it, exploits.

(edited by Boyd.5438)

Dalanor.5387

Meta is simply an elitist way to make people do what they want, meta shouldn’t be pure dps stack in corner gg loot. If it’s meta why are you using a screwdriver? Wouldn’t a drill be more efficient? So all non meta users are idiots? Wow great comparison. I’m sorry all meta players are so brilliant

Your ignorance is toxic and has no place in the forums and in game.

edit: Without being a prick, i can say you clearly showed how inexperienced and uninformed are in your previous post and i would love to tell you whats wrong with your staindpoint, but you know what? I don’t care anymore. I just report your kind here and block them ingame. Playhowiwant is the most toxic thing on the internet i’ve ever seen and i’m sick of it …

(edited by Dalanor.5387)

CuRtoKy.8576

Ok. Sure meta builds. Lets all build 1 way and ignore the rest of the trait system. You’re all 100% right that arena net wanted this game to just have speed ran dungeons where we use 0 aspects of this game combat.

Some traits are good for a specific game type some are not. Goes back to Decap Engi. Good in sPvP but not good anywhere else. It is designed like that for a reason. As for one build if you look at the profession builds most have more than one viable build.

Smoke field + blast = stealth. Used very often in high level play. Light field + whirl finisher = condition removal. Used often. If you want to take 2 hours+ to complete Arah be my guest. I for one don’t want to do that. Another interesting fact is if you don’t care about time and you don’t like skipping stuff then why not do fractals. They give you things you want. Why do normal dungeons and demand that it is built only to your liking? Alternatives do exist.

Let’s all run zerker meta builds and take all thought out of pve dungeon content. Let’s all run cookie cutter builds because it is meta. Meta for life! is this really what this game has come to? Supporting mindless and brainless dungeon running?

I challenge you to run full berserker with meta trait lines and unbind your dodge key. You cannot use any form of active defense. All you get is dps + stack/LoS. Then go to do everyone dungeon and tell me how there is no thought or that it is mindlessly easy. I highly doubt that.

I’m sorry but if this continues this game will get killed off. It’s amazing how a majority of the forum base supports this. So in turn I’m just wrong and you’re right because it’s how you all think it’s intended to be? Speed clearing tactics are supposed to be the normal way to run these specific paths only, and if we can’t speed clear this path there for we shall not run it.

PuGs barely use high level tactics, they use some. On top of that PuG runs are not even close to what speed runs are. They are just average. If you consider PuG runs fast then I don’t know what to say. Every game dungeons are done to gain some reward. And to get said reward at a decent rate people do the dungeons in certain ways. Speed clears exist in every game. Don’t like then find your own group. Just like others who want record runs. They get their own group.

Man I guess I had the wrong idea about action based combat and being able to play how I want, man I must be so blind to what arena net really wanted dungeons to be. A dps fest of stacking in a corner so we can avoid any and all need to use any of the combat features in this game.

Again I challenge you to run max dps gear and use no active defenses. I highly doubt you will succeed or progress that far. If dps is the only thing that matters then this test will prove just that. If failure happens then it shows that there is more than just dps and people like you are omitting certain facts (intentionally or not). Play how you want doesn’t exist. Play as a team exist. This is an MMO not Skyrim. Want true play how you want? Play single player RPGs like Skyrim.

Wow how could I have been so foolish, I better learn to play this game the way it’s intended to! Let me go rush off and buy pure dps gear right now so I can join in on this action packed fun! Man let me go on any post like this too and tell those people to learn to play like this amazing community has taught me!

Your responses show that you lack experience and understanding of the mechanics of the game. You don’t even know basic profession mechanics for all 8 professions. Yet you come here talking as if you know everything and trying to prove others wrong when you do not have the correct framework or understanding of the game.

Might as well just tell them they’re trolling and that their post should just be ripped off of the forums too because it’s not the way the game is meant to be played! Let’s all be meta guys! Man I wasted so much time attempting to figure out the dodge mechanic, trying to see what combo finishers I could use in certain situations, and to attempt to see how long I could control or even when controlling would be needed. Thanks guys for showing me the way!

Support exist. Control exist. Active defenses exist. You are just doing it wrong. Also, if dps is the only thing that matters why is Necro never used. They do decent dps. Why not go 3 eles 2 thieves if dps is all that matters. Maybe because there is something called group utility. Again your post shows a complete lack of understanding of the game. I highly doubt I would be wrong if I think you are a completely new player.

Posted by: Kaiser.8504

Kaiser.8504

insert whatever Emanuel said here because he just says it better than I do

:3

Secretly an elitist jaguar
[Noob] Info Desk | [LOD]

Keltach.8049

Man you guys are 100% right, lets advertise this in the next commercial for gw2 since this is the perfect way to run dungeons! In a world with vast dungeons, you will only experience the bare minimum of them due to our amazing speed clear system. We put all of the trash mobs with AI just for you to skip and ignore! You can use any means necessary to skip these mobs including every ones favorite, glitching out of the map to completely avoid it! never again will you have to be anything but dps as long as you run defensive utilities! Any who do not agree with this are punished via the community! Come play GW2 now! You guys are defending a highly toxic and elitist play style and turn around and call me toxic? I guess they just put the other sets in the game purely for pvp purposes only. I guess conditions were only meant to be a pvp only condition. I guess why would you need to reduce the healing of something if all you have to do is run pure dps gear with pure dps traits and rune defensive utilities. “Learn the game” is really all that you guys have been telling, all I’ve learned from this is that dungeoning is just a lost cause to any new player in this game. Since not only do they have to run berserker gear, they now also must know every single mechanic of the boss fights that they can not stack for, and if they can stack they better not break that stack or watch out, may hell rain down upon them. Totally you guys just know so much more about this game than I do, and also a necro isn’t often used because they’re primarily based around condition damage, their burst builds aren’t that great. Since conditions are rendered useless to the pure burst of power builds they’re automatically killed off. Support exists? Control Exists? Supporting isn’t just stacking might to 25 stacks, throwing swiftness on to just run past mobs and run out of their agro range or is that what you’ve come to believe to be the one and only truth since that’s all you know? Control isn’t needed if you’re just going to funnel them into a corner, why would you need to slow or even immobilize a target if you’re just going to keep then standing still in the first place or better yet just run past them. These two play styles don’t exist in dungeons, if you claim they do then you’re the one who clearly doesn’t know anything about this game out side of dungeons. People do go with the most damaging classes. Why else is the engineer so under played? Why else is the necro so underplayed? Both have useful utility skills, just not in the eyes of those who run dungeons. Necro wells can heal support and apply vulnerability rather well. Necros can also take conditions onto themselves and use them to either heal or buff him/herself to help improve dps. Engineer utility comes from control. A lot of their kits have some type of control in their kits. pistol sheild has a knock back and a 3 person blind, bomb kit has aoe blind and immobilize, grenades have chill and even your rifle has a knock back and immobilize, all rendered useless due to the lack of need for it with the way current dungeons are done. Who needs aoe sustained dps when all you have to do is huddle all the mobs in a corner and burst them down? Who needs control when those mobs won’t be going any where any way? This play style kills those builds off completely. That’s efficient? That’s knowing how to play this game? That term is getting thrown around a lot on this thread with little to no actual explanation other than “learn to play”. DPS is the only thing that matters in the end of the day since that is what is going to kill the boss the fastest, why else would every one just run berserker gear? I don’t see any improvement to my survive-ability in that gear other than I out damage it there for I will kill it before it kills me. That’s what dungeons are, just a dps race to see who can down it the fastest with ignoring the most mechanics possible. At least that’s the way a good amount of players are describing it. But hey guys, keep repeating the same things over and over again thinking that just because more than one of you are saying it, there for it must be true.

Posted by: Kaiser.8504

Kaiser.8504

You are arguing against a group of people whose interest is basically nearly everything you are condemning. Did you really expect a warm welcome when you kicked down our door and came in guns blazing? Did you even lurk around here for a while before deciding to write your complaint? I think not. The other regulars have tried to explain to you why we prefer this playstyle, but if you reject it this blatantly then there is nothing much we can do to convince you. The best we can hope for is that you’ll agree to disagree and stop spitting in our faces. Is that so much to ask?

I admit some of the responses were not exactly pleasant, but you are not the first one we’ve had to deal with – just a few weeks back there was this incredibly bigoted person who basically rejected all of our ideas and called us out on this very same thing. It took him two weeks to get out of this subforum, and I should note that he had a very difficult time here, and we went so far to pre-emptively ban him from the Dungeon Mentors guild.

Do you want to beat his record? Think about it carefully before you condemn us again.

/back to lurking

Secretly an elitist jaguar
[Noob] Info Desk | [LOD]

Dalanor.5387

Jeez format your stuff please. I refuse to read, but i bet it has nothing meaningful info in it, just toxic rambling.

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Just a thought, very few people come into League of Legends ranked games with the mentality of “I will play how I want.” That usually gets reported for trolling, if it’s significantly off meta.

Anyway, I’m expecting this thread to get locked soon. Welp.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

dlonie.6547

Ok, you apparently have no interest in discussion or trying to resolve this. You just want to whine and complain.

Oh well. I tried. Have fun raging, hope you’re getting something out of it.

dlonie.6547

Jeez format your stuff please. I refuse to read, but i bet it has nothing meaningful info in it, just toxic rambling.

Same. I skimmed here and there, and all I saw was rambling rage. He’s either trolling or has no interest in actually discussing anything.

Did you even lurk around here for a while before deciding to write your complaint?

Doubtful. These are his first posts on the forum and he started a new thread instead of using one of the other 12 with the exact same content in their first post…

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Vox Hollow.2736

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think dungeons are in a good place at all.

But (largely) I blame the content for this, not my fellow player.

Keltach.8049

I never expect a warm welcome on any forum on any post that disagrees with the mindless masses. Very few of you have actually defended your point with actual information which I do respect. The ones who say i’m “trolling” or i’m “whining” with no actual just cause other than “hey I follow their play style, I must be in the right” are the ones killing any progress being made. Dungeons are not in a good place at all, thinking they are is really wishful thinking. I do agree that it’s more of how the content was designed, but it is partially the players fault for abusing this design to make it easier. Granted it’s only a matter of time some one finds a new way to make it faster even if they do wind up fixing dungeons, it’s just the nature of the beast. Also on the point of similar posts, if there’s so many of these a week why is mine getting so much attention? If there is actually as many posts as a lot of you claim then it’s obvious I’m not the only one that thinks this way. This play style is game killing, no matter how much fun you’re having with it. PVE dungeon content is even being sold off for path completions, this is considered ok practice? Open up the arah tab and you’ll almost always see at least one person selling a path. If this is what being a dungeon runner has boiled down to, then it will never get better, nothing will change. Also to all of you people reporting me for my post as trolling, thank you. That truly proves that you’re just blindly following the masses instead of thinking for you self. Thank you for even posting it on my thread that you reported me to make it seem like you’re doing every one a favor.

Dalanor.5387

We reported because your unacceptable behavior. Sorry mate.
Try to not ignore me now, read it again.

Because you cant tank and heal mobs to death, obviously the best thing to do is maximize damage output while still get the required support and control for the fight. Clear?

With thief, you are a class with high single target spike damage and stealth mechanics as in almost every other game. Here you do the same. Deal a crabton of damage while stealth your teammates. Thats your job. If you dont do it, you are less useful, than a thief that do this.

People still can’t understand for some reason, that the utility is absolute independent from gear. And you can avoid every damage with active defense, especially if your team mates are competent and help you out. I mean when you get aegis and reflects from team mates it can help to survive. Get it? Finally?

ps: Lack of punishment makes you and likeminded people feel they are still useful, because the game isnt punish failure nor inefficient methods. No offense, but think about it. Even if you dont push your limits over the top with 25 might, 25 stack of vuln and full maxed out gear and optimized builds etc etc., you will still beat the content.

edit:

Read THIS article too.

Keltach.8049

So I’m reported for not agreeing with you basically? Lack of punishment makes me feel useful? What kind of elitist trash talk is that? I understand that utility is different from gear, how ever there shouldn’t be 1 type of gear to rule them all. That’s terrible for any mmo. Just because a group isn’t constantly running with 25 stacks of both vulnerability and might there for they are not optimal? For dps maybe, but that shouldn’t be the only optimal way to play a game. There should be room for other play styles and gear types. Keep reporting away my friends, it will just keep this game in it’s current state. I’m not breaking any ToS, I’m only breaking your own safety bubbles of what you believe to be 100% right.

Edit:
That article isn’t 100% right nor accurate for what you’re trying to prove. The issue here is only 1 type of gear is currently the most optimal for almost every style of play in this game. Also playing to win doesn’t mean ignore boss mechanics by stacking in spot X so it does not hit you.

(edited by Keltach.8049)

CuRtoKy.8576

Man you guys are 100% right, lets advertise this in the next commercial for gw2 since this is the perfect way to run dungeons! In a world with vast dungeons, you will only experience the bare minimum of them due to our amazing speed clear system. We put all of the trash mobs with AI just for you to skip and ignore!

Name 10 trash mobs that have interesting mechanics. I doubt that you can they are just what they are called. Trash mobs with a ton of HP. That doesn’t mean them cool or interesting at all. How is stacking + LoS + dps experiencing bare minimums of a dungeon. Nothing interesting about trash. Bosses are where it is at and even then the bosses aren’t like OMG amazing.

You can use any means necessary to skip these mobs including every ones favorite, glitching out of the map to completely avoid it!

Again name 10 glitches that are used. I highly doubt it unless you are talking about the Lupi skip exploits in Arah. Your definition of glitches is strange.

never again will you have to be anything but dps as long as you run defensive utilities! Any who do not agree with this are punished via the community! Come play GW2 now! You guys are defending a highly toxic and elitist play style and turn around and call me toxic?

Define elitist. In turn your definition of elitist means you are an elitist too. You demand people play things your way otherwise playing their way is completely bad. What do you want from GW2 if not active defenses. Lets all range bosses from 1200 and watch episodes of Breaking Bad at the same time. Content is so much more fun that way

I guess they just put the other sets in the game purely for pvp purposes only. I guess conditions were only meant to be a pvp only condition. I guess why would you need to reduce the healing of something if all you have to do is run pure dps gear with pure dps traits and rune defensive utilities.

This really shows your limited experience and understanding with the game. Different sets and builds are designed to be good at some places and not good at other places. Case in point: Decap Engi. On top of that tell me a boss in AC that has a significant heal. There isn’t any. Even if they did heal it won’t be like the boss heals every 2 seconds. Also, you are trading thief stealth (unique profession mechanic in the way thief does it) to have ZOMG poison which is something other professions have. On top of the fact that it isn’t needed.

“Learn the game” is really all that you guys have been telling, all I’ve learned from this is that dungeoning is just a lost cause to any new player in this game. Since not only do they have to run berserker gear, they now also must know every single mechanic of the boss fights that they can not stack for, and if they can stack they better not break that stack or watch out, may hell rain down upon them.

Don’t like it then form your own party of like minded individuals. Is that a problem? Also, how much dungeon experience do you have. You are talking to people like me that have ran these dungeons hundreds if not thousands of times since the game was released. We know what we are talking about. You on the other hand have shown that you barely know much of anything.

Totally you guys just know so much more about this game than I do, and also a necro isn’t often used because they’re primarily based around condition damage, their burst builds aren’t that great. Since conditions are rendered useless to the pure burst of power builds they’re automatically killed off.

Again this shows your basic knowledge of the game. Who said anything about condition damage? I specifically stated dps Necro meaning full berserker. Even then they are unwanted. Why? They have no group utility at all. Even if they do as much dps as say warriors they would still be unwanted. The reason is that they have no group utility and Warriors do.

CuRtoKy.8576

Support exists? Control Exists? Supporting isn’t just stacking might to 25 stacks, throwing swiftness on to just run past mobs and run out of their agro range or is that what you’ve come to believe to be the one and only truth since that’s all you know?

Do you listen? Aegis isn’t support? Blinds aren’t support. Reflection isn’t support? Protection isn’t support (look at fractals). Projectile absorption isn’t support? Condition removal isn’t support? Light field + whirl isn’t support? Stability isn’t support? Fury? Might isn’t the only thing.

This shows how new you are. If they wanted swiftness as not a running boon then they would add say small damage or effect around the player with swiftness boon. Like PvE swiftness is used to move. What is swiftness used for in WvW? To move. What is swiftness used for in sPvP? To move. Tell me a game mode where swiftness is a combat mechanic because it is used to increase movement. The name suggests it too. I mean it is called swiftness.

Control isn’t needed if you’re just going to funnel them into a corner, why would you need to slow or even immobilize a target if you’re just going to keep then standing still in the first place or better yet just run past them.

Just cause you can’t use it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. 5 Stacks of defiant clear it then have someone on your team CC to stop a strong attack then nobody has to dodge. Again if standing still and dps was all that is needed. Then accept my challenge. Record yourself and run through a path of every single dungeon. Full berserker. No dodges allowed. No active defenses allowed. No evades allowed. No blocks. Only dps skills may be used on top of your heal. Then come back to us with the results. I already know you will literally fail and die. But what you are saying now is that this challenge should be a cake walk since it is all about standing still, stacking, and dps. So go ahead try it and come back before saying that you actually know what it is like to play full berserker gear with specific trait set ups. Obvious you are very inexperienced.

These two play styles don’t exist in dungeons, if you claim they do then you’re the one who clearly doesn’t know anything about this game out side of dungeons. People do go with the most damaging classes. Why else is the engineer so under played? Why else is the necro so underplayed? Both have useful utility skills, just not in the eyes of those who run dungeons. Necro wells can heal support and apply vulnerability rather well. Necros can also take conditions onto themselves and use them to either heal or buff him/herself to help improve dps.

A lot of other profession applies vulnerability. How is necro bringing anything unique to your group? Heal support isn’t needed (reasons are scattered across the forums). Necros take conditions which isn’t good. Guardians can do this. Light field then team whirls once and conditions are removed. Necro puts itself in danger to remove your teammates conditions. Guardians do this significantly better. So why place necro over guardian? Again what things does Necro bring uniquely to the group that is useful or better than someone else.

Well of Power. Not that great considering high CD versus the uptime of light field + whirl. Even water field from ranger heal or Staff Ele #5 does the job better. Boon isn’t that great since other professions can give you the targeted boons you need at the right time.

Well of Darkness. High CD and it is something thieves can do with ease. Why bring Necro for this when you can just bring a thief and do it significantly better.

Well of Corruption. Boons rarely exist on most bosses in the easy dungeons. Some of the boons that exist on bosses in the game have mechanics to remove them. HotW p1 final boss. CoE all paths golem boss.

Spectral skills aren’t good. Summons aren’t good either. Signets are high CD for any group utility. And most of them are just for your benefit.

Epidemic isn’t useful since either trash dies fast or you only have one boss which you spread conditions nowhere. Corrupt boon. Again boons aren’t that common plus it is single target so mostly for bosses. Blood is power your personal benefit only. Corrosive Poison Cloud self weakness? Nope just run Ele with glyph of elemental power. Significantly better. So only well of suffering for vuln which can be done by a lot of different professions. Even Engis do it significantly better.

CuRtoKy.8576

Engineer utility comes from control. A lot of their kits have some type of control in their kits. pistol sheild has a knock back and a 3 person blind, bomb kit has aoe blind and immobilize, grenades have chill and even your rifle has a knock back and immobilize, all rendered useless due to the lack of need for it with the way current dungeons are done.

3 person blind? Uhh thief pistol blind field? Blind more than 3. Bomb kit blind is 4s duration of blinds on a 25 second CD versus Thief where it is almost perma (depends how someone manages their initiative). Have you done Arah more than once? Immobilize is useful there. If someone knocks Subject Alpha to the wall does someone immobilize so the boss doesn’t move while your party moves forward to be in the right position? Have you don’t fractals? Nobody said Engi was bad like Necro. You wouldn’t use Engi in a coordinate record run. But for PuGs yeah you can use it. The problem is that people just don’t play Engi well in PuGs. Either they spam skills and not think about it. Just because something is up doesn’t mean you should just tap 1-5 on your keyboard. On top of that most players run Engi builds which are simply not good. Engi isn’t bad. Just most people’s experiences with players that play Engi are bad. A truly bad profession for group play in PvE is Necro.

Who needs aoe sustained dps when all you have to do is huddle all the mobs in a corner and burst them down? Who needs control when those mobs won’t be going any where any way?

Some examples. Arah Tar Elemental? CoE Bjarl the Rampager? There are also coordinated stuns too. Shows again you have no experience and have no idea what you are talking about. CC in Fractals?

This play style kills those builds off completely. That’s efficient? That’s knowing how to play this game?

Again I challenge you to go into a dungeon with full berserker gear with an accepted build (traits + utilities) then use no dodges or active defenses at all. No whirls. No condition removal. No blocks. All you need to do as you claim is to stand still and melee dps and that is all you need to do to complete any dungeon path. So go record yourself (best option) and go do one path from each dungeon and do just that. Make sure you show the traits and gear you run in the video. If you find this is possible then how can you say that other people do not know how to play the game. And that your idea of just stand still and dps is how it is.

That term is getting thrown around a lot on this thread with little to no actual explanation other than “learn to play”. DPS is the only thing that matters in the end of the day since that is what is going to kill the boss the fastest, why else would every one just run berserker gear?

How do you complete dungeons. You kill bosses. How do you kill bosses. By doing damage. Of course DPS matters. Your logic is flawed. WvW. Eventually you have to kill your enemy right? How do you do that? Damage. Have to apply pressure to your enemy right? How? Do damage. sPvP. Pressure the point. How? Damage. You need to remove threats in sPvP so that you can cap a point or win a team fight. How? Damage. See how that works.

I don’t see any improvement to my survive-ability in that gear other than I out damage it there for I will kill it before it kills me. That’s what dungeons are, just a dps race to see who can down it the fastest with ignoring the most mechanics possible. At least that’s the way a good amount of players are describing it. But hey guys, keep repeating the same things over and over again thinking that just because more than one of you are saying it, there for it must be true.

Accept the challenge then. If you are really confident it is just about damage in every dungeon path in the game. So I suppose people ignore the Lupi mechanics. shurg .

Ironically you are doing the same. You are trying to repeat what has been said by inexperienced players before. The same answer you get is that you are wrong because you don’t understand the mechanics at play. And how could you since you never even tried to play the other way. You never tried berserker or dps. You just make baseless claims base on your lack of understand. Go accept the challenge. I am sure everyone here including myself would like to be proven wrong by you because you are the arbiter of knowledge. King of what is right or wrong about dungeons. Master of what it means to truly play GW2 correctly.

Dalanor.5387

I’ll go from point to point now and take it slowly, ‘kay? =]
Personally i can’t report you now, due to previous … issues lets say.
Thats right. You try to prove your points for being right, meanwhile its not true.

First of all, every type of gear is viable as a few of as already said. Zerker being the most optimal, well yes in theory. But i guess you are new to MMO’s if you are surprised that there is a best option in gear.
Thats what i try to say. Read pls and take your rage away. The game is easy enough that you can brute force yourself trough the content even if you dont play in the most optimal way and get every possible source of buff and stuff. Get it?
Well, tell me how you tank or heal your enemies to death? Oh, you need to damage them to kill them? What a surprise! Again, i have to guess you are new to MMO’s.

There is room. People just refuse to use it for some unknown reason and leech on berserker groups. Maybe the lack of knowledge about the game is the issue. Familiar, right?

You are not my friend, sorry and still cant report you, but im sure a mod will close and / or delete the thread until monday. And you are offensive again. How rude.

Its totally accurate. Get a mirror and you will understand it.

The issue here is only 1 type of gear is currently the most optimal for almost every style of play in this game.

The issue here is that its not true.

Also playing to win doesn’t mean ignore boss mechanics by stacking in spot X so it does not hit you.

Neither this. Sorry. Of course, if you exploit something from an uninteded safe spot, sure its true, but personally i hate those kind of things, but we dont speak about such things.

ps: Curtoky you are a beast … :O

Posted by: OrianZeta.1537

OrianZeta.1537

I don’t mind skipping trash or speedy-damage runs, but the zerk meta is just a lame solution for the lame setups dungeons provide. Can’t blame anyone for taking the path of least resistance.

Fun fact: dungeons+end-game in GW1 were primarily done by speed clears, and not the 15-20 minute runs here, more like <10 minutes. Did I mention they were usually done solo, or if in a group, people split up to do sections alone because they could?

Imagine explorable paths in GW2 completed in a few minutes by an extremely exclusive guardian (or necro) build, and selling it to full parties who would otherwise wipe to the first mob group, and you pretty much have the GW1 meta for dungeons.

It’s nice to actually do content in this game.

CuRtoKy.8576

ps: Curtoky you are a beast … :O

Thanks lol

I have to write and type a lot in real life so this is no big deal really. Plus, it isn’t like these are new arguments or statements. I find answering this like running the Mavis Beacon typing program. Gotta increase that typing speed :P

dlonie.6547

Ignore the troll guys. We’ve tried hard enough here, and are getting nowhere. Just let the mods clean it up after the weekend.

Keltach.8049

I’m not saying you DON’T need damage. That was never put any where in this thread. How ever dps should not be the most optimal to do everything in an mmo. I know this game doesn’t follow the normal holy trinity, I get that, but that shouldn’t be all I have to do is out power. I never claimed I know everything, yet all of you do so. Tar elemental in arah needs aoe? Really I always see groups just pull him around the corner after the first up and just nuke him down with 1 burn on him to keep him from petrifying people. I’ve never seen heavy sustained aoe dps in there either, always burst. People stack on lupi to avoid his bubble mechanic so you don’t have to run stability to get out of it meaning more dps utility. Your counters are as flawed as you claim mine are. No dodge roll? A lot of bosses already have sweet spots where you don’t have to dodge a single thing. You should know that since you decided to pummel me with info that never actually happens. Coordinated stuns? You mean that 1 boss in arah that gives you stun guns to take away his buff then you go back to nuking him any way? I run a zerker mes because I do enjoy zerking on him. So I guess I already did your challenge and won. Theory? Zerker gear is the most optimal as you said because everything needs to die fast to avoid taking the most damage. That means there’s no room for tankier builds in this game. I have not run higher lvl fractals yet no, I will admit i’m not familiar with them. How ever, that does not excuse the lack luster game play of the current non-fractal dungeons.

Dalanor.5387

Dude, you have reading issues. Seriously.
Curtoky spoke about control when he mentioned Tar elemental. And if you ever pay attention to that fight, its not only “apply burn and kill it”. Or at least, there is a better way to do it with immobilize and dont let it to burrow underground.

People stay close (!) to Lupi to avoid the bubble attack. But if you like to take a few thousand of damage when you can avoid it, go ahead.

Again, you proved your lesser experience. You just exploit stuff with pugs, of course you will become disappointed.

Not thats the only boss, which need CC. And you use control on trash too in some occasion.

Yes, in theoy. But not everyone is capable of dodge everything OR have a decent group with better than average people that can cooperate. You know, people that do their stuff with their class.

There is. Watch THIS video or maybe THIS. I know you wont, but now you wont have any excuses. =]

Explain lack luster. I dont find it lack luster so maybe our vocabulary isnt the same.

Dalanor.5387

The anti-stacking crowd keep parroting the lie that stacking allows players to somehow nullify boss mechanics in every single thread. Most of them have learned that crap in the forums from clueless players like them and asume it’s true, yet they cannot name a single boss that can be exploited like that. Furhtermore they are so ignorant that they cannot figure out that bosses use different attacks depending on whether players are in melee range or not.
The only boss that comes to mind whose attacks can be prevented by stacking is the ooze in Arah, everything else is just fine.

It’s spider queen, always that spider. And after one AC run they think that they know everything about PvE.
Even before the ferocity change two FGS rush just melted it, so new players can assume you completely negate the mechanics with corner stacking, meanwhile just two player carried them hard. I guess.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

The anti-stacking crowd keep parroting the lie that stacking allows players to somehow nullify boss mechanics in every single thread. Most of them have learned that crap in the forums from clueless players like them and asume it’s true, yet they cannot name a single boss that can be exploited like that. Furhtermore they are so ignorant that they cannot figure out that bosses use different attacks depending on whether players are in melee range or not.
The only boss that comes to mind whose attacks can be prevented by stacking is the ooze in Arah, everything else is just fine.

It’s spider queen, always that spider. And after one AC run they think that they know everything about PvE.
Even before the ferocity change two FGS rush just melted it, so new players can assume you completely negate the mechanics with corner stacking, meanwhile just two player carried them hard. I guess.

They need to solo it. Atleast in my scrubbyness found it much easier to not be in that corner. Dat weakness

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

CuRtoKy.8576

I’m not saying you DON’T need damage. That was never put any where in this thread. How ever dps should not be the most optimal to do everything in an mmo. I know this game doesn’t follow the normal holy trinity, I get that, but that shouldn’t be all I have to do is out power. I never claimed I know everything, yet all of you do so.

Yeah when you continue to argue points like poison when people say if you take away stealth for thief in dungeons that is very very bad since you take away something core to that profession. It is like if we remove aegis from Guardians, reflects/portal from Mesmer, Banners from Warrior, Conjures from Elementalists. This doesn’t make the game better nor does say well Elementalist have burning that is enough.

Tar elemental in arah needs aoe? Really I always see groups just pull him around the corner after the first up and just nuke him down with 1 burn on him to keep him from petrifying people.

Yeah because putting burn on the boss is the boss mechanic. What!??! Why do you think they have the 1000 year old whiskey. For looks? For trolling your teammates with burning? lol

Are we playing the same game? Most PuGs don’t have enough to just like kill the Tar Elemental before it starts to move. Then this requires you to use your CCs. If you are talking about a highly coordinated group like DnT, rT, SC, and many other coordinated speed run guild groups then yeah sure. But why is that comparison made? You play with PuGs and PuG experience requires you to do that. If a skill group of players manage to burst it down then why does that matter to you. You neither do that nor will find the group able to do that.

I’ve never seen heavy sustained aoe dps in there either, always burst.

I guess Hundred Blades is instant burst. Like OMG warriors do instant 100k+ damage :/ . Also, auto attacks on any profession is obviously burst damage.

People stack on lupi to avoid his bubble mechanic so you don’t have to run stability to get out of it meaning more dps utility. Your counters are as flawed as you claim mine are.

It is called boss mechanic. If Boss does X attack against melee targets and Y attack against range targets. And based on experience people find Y attack stronger and more powerful. Why would you intentionally go range just to get hit by more power attacks. That is like if a boss has a reflect bubble you should continue to hit it with projectiles. Makes total sense. I mean that is pretty much your logic. People run stability cause you can’t trust PuGs to be at the same skill level where they will do things with near perfection so someone will get bubbled. But ideally you want to avoid that with the understand that Lupi only bubbles at range not if you are close melee.

Saying this is bad or an exploit is saying if you range Lupi phase one and you completely avoid his kick (since he only kicks people at melee) then that is also bad or an exploit. Can’t have it one way but not the other.

No dodge roll? A lot of bosses already have sweet spots where you don’t have to dodge a single thing.

If that is the case then you would have no problem proving me wrong. Stop trolling and accept my challenge. What are you scared of? Also, you can’t bug the boss where it won’t attack you back. An example of this exploit is if you range the boss but it doesn’t move to you or attack you back yet you can safely dps it down slowly.

You should know that since you decided to pummel me with info that never actually happens. Coordinated stuns?

Just because PuGs don’t use it doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. My coordinated group uses control often in our runs. If you wanted to you can coordinate in PuGs with ping skill and just do 5 pings after 1 CC to make sure defiant is cleared for when you need CC again. Then you can look at very good fractal runs to see how CC is used.

CuRtoKy.8576

You mean that 1 boss in arah that gives you stun guns to take away his buff then you go back to nuking him any way? I run a zerker mes because I do enjoy zerking on him. So I guess I already did your challenge and won.

Nope nice try though. Did you use Sword #2? That is active defense. Did you dodge? Active Defense. Did you get any buffs from your allies that is active defense. Did you use F4? That is active defense. Did you use any utility that reduces damage? That is active defense. Did you use reflects? That is active defense. Mantra for stability or condition removal? That is active defense. Null field? That is active defense. Stealth? That is active defense. Do you have any traits that provide defenses for you? That is active defense. You can only do two things. AA/DPS and heal. You must stack next to the boss and you have to stand still. Then you do it for multiple dungeons from AC to Arah. If you are indeed right feel free to record a video and post it. I’m sure people who LOVE to see it. Otherwise nice troll.

Theory? Zerker gear is the most optimal as you said because everything needs to die fast to avoid taking the most damage. That means there’s no room for tankier builds in this game. I have not run higher lvl fractals yet no, I will admit i’m not familiar with them. How ever, that does not excuse the lack luster game play of the current non-fractal dungeons.

You avoid damage through active defenses with a combination of dps. What you are saying is dps alone is enough which is completely wrong for a lot of the higher level dungeon paths. Why toughness and vitality? When you have active defense to use. It isn’t simply dps and you continuing to say that doesn’t change anything. It just shows how inexperienced you are at PvE content. Feel free to record that video accepting my challenge running with the rule set I provided. Only stack next to the boss melee + dps + heal. Nothing else can be used since you argue that the only thing that matters is that.

CuRtoKy.8576

They need to solo it. Atleast in my scrubbyness found it much easier to not be in that corner. Dat weakness

I was bored just now so I soloed the spider queen boss at that corner. Wasn’t too bad you just don’t want to waste your active defenses and time them correctly.

Vox Hollow.2736

This might be a good time to mention,

OP, around the beginning of the year Anet did make a post that referred to the Berserker/DPS meta as a problem they were actively seeking a solution to. We have no idea what that solution entails, all we know is that lessening the impact of critical damage by changing it into ferocity was a first step.

If things are driving you crazy now, maybe consider giving it a few months to see if the game can’t act on that statement and get it’s ducks in a row?

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

@ OP…

Just because you never seen something doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. It’s good to have skepticism about things in general. To your benefit it doesn’t mean somthing does exist.

However there is a big difference between
known unknowns= knowing you don’t know something
unknown knowns= not knowing something that is known.
unknown unknowns = not knowing anything about anything.

you op= not knowing something that is known.

There’s nothing else to say here and that pretty much sums it up. This is why I rarely post in dungeon forums because its full in 1 of these 3 categories.

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

(edited by Warlord.9074)

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

I was bored just now so I soloed the spider queen boss at that corner. Wasn’t too bad you just don’t want to waste your active defenses and time them correctly.

To be fair. Soloing corner in p1 is pretty ridiculous. Hodgins best healer in the game. His healing rain have no cooldown (or that’s what it feels like).

edit: A+ thread. Glad I read it.

CuRtoKy.8576

To be fair. Soloing corner in p1 is pretty ridiculous. Hodgins best healer in the game. His healing rain have no cooldown (or that’s what it feels like).

edit: A+ thread. Glad I read it.

True but you can run like p2 and p3 no problem too, just practice. Might be frustrating at first but it gets easier.

CuRtoKy.8576

forum page bugs #1 someone at ArenaNet should fix this.