Dungeons should be easier now

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: lovelyannelid.3259

lovelyannelid.3259

Trying to do Catacombs of Ascalon is nearly impossible in a casual pickup group that knows mostly what to do. What is the purpose of making a lot of game content exclusive only to people who are willing to spend multiple attempts of multiple hours? There’s no reason why it should be that difficult now that it’s impossible to res-rush an enemy.

I’ve tried to enjoy dungeons, I really have, but GW2 makes it impossible.

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

AC is still do-able but if you really want to throw your desk through a wall, take a shot at CoE. That made me nearly quit the game right there….

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

CoE is not as bad as some make it out to be. If you know how to dodge and know teamwork, then you should have little trouble completing it. Res rushing has never been needed for CoE.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

Posted by: LyzeUH.1398

LyzeUH.1398

Eh…whenever I do AC it’s with casual pickups…I’ve had zero issues…and CoE…what?? CoE is actually one of the few dungeons out there that has an interesting boss!

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Whats wrong with AC? I find it was pretty easy and I mostly pug.

AC is still do-able but if you really want to throw your desk through a wall, take a shot at CoE. That made me nearly quit the game right there….

Really? CoE? I presume you only did it once and chose the hard path. Try Arah, that is hell. First time I did that, turned out to be a group of inexperienced players and we wiped multiple times in the first few minutes until we gave up. Next group I got was a really experienced group and it was still really hard. Actually don’t try Arah, that would make you quit the game.

SynfulChaot.3169

Actually don’t try Arah, that would make you quit the game.

I wholeheartedly agree. Get a lot of experience and practice before you attempt Arah explorable. And be prepared for repair bills. It is very unforgiving, even to experienced parties.

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Res rushing was stupid and had to go so I’m glad they removed it, on the other hand Anet failed to address the issues causing that approach to begin with. Dungeons should have been made easier so groups didn’t have to resort to that “tactic” to begin with.

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

I disagree.
The player skill spectrum is pretty wide and designers should tone the difficulty in a way that caters to most people at a intended challenge level.
Dungeons need to be between slightly hard and hard for the average player, so people who is far below this level are going to find them insane or just impossible. The same way, people who is far above will find them absolutely unchallenging.
Both extreme cases are bad but unavoidable.

Posted by: souless.1935

souless.1935

Dungeons need to be between slightly hard and hard for the average player, so people who is far below this level are going to find them insane or just impossible.

Slightly hard = Story mode
Hard = Explorables

lets move on

Ehmry Bay! Commander – Onyxguard
GW1/GW2 Beta player

Posted by: Vasham.2408

Vasham.2408

No

Sincerely, The Guild Wars 2 community

Posted by: Ungood.3054

Ungood.3054

Yes

Sincerely the Guild Wars 2 Community.

Every Lifelong Journey Ends With a Gravestone.
Born and Raised in Eredon Terrace

Vasham.2408

Yes

I would say a player speaking for the community against easy dungeons cares more for the game’s future than a casual.

Posted by: David.4821

David.4821

I finished about 50 AC runs since the patch and all of my parties are PUGs. We spend no more than 15 minutes each path, some of my parties also kill kholer. I don’t see why ANYONE is whining about AC. I hate to say this but l2p or start pugging and stop playing with your guildmates that are clearly baddies.

Ungood.3054

No

Yes

I would say a player speaking for the community against easy dungeons cares more for the game’s future than a casual.

I would say you don’t speak for me, or the community as a whole, so don’t act like you do.

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

Yes

how do you know he’s casual?

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

Ungood.3054

Yes

how do you know he’s casual?

Nooooooo My covers blown!

Ok you got me, yes, I logged 300+ hours my first month, and am decked in full exotics including weapons and have over 300 kills in WvWvW. I admit it.

Gosh don’t take away my casual badge.. no.. no.. I’m smelting…….

Posted by: Bullwinkel.7839

Bullwinkel.7839

First off there is a difference between casuals and bad players. In gw1, I was in a guild with all casuals who played for one night a week for a couple hours max. These guys were far from bad. They would do a run or two of DOA trenchway in less than an hour each. Content in gw2 is far easier than DOA. Content is intended to be earned not given away.

Posted by: MaRko.3165

MaRko.3165

Yes

Huh?

What percentage of the population do you think are ‘hard core’ gamers? Ever wonder why the entire industry is making their games more playable by a wider audience? Ever wonder why dungeons are split into “paths”?

If you want ‘challenge’ if you want ‘difficulty’ start making videos showing how easy it is to solo every path of every dungeon with EVERY profession.

I might spend 1/2hr enticing my cat into attacking a wayward spider that got into the house while someone else might just step on it and then complain that they are bored. Different strokes for different….

(sigh)

“I was playing Farmville and a kitten MMO GW2 broke out of it…”
I cut my gaming teeth on Adventure&ZorkI,II,III.
i7-2600K/8G/GTX570SLI/WIN7/Stereoscopic_3D

Posted by: Time Glitch.2460

Time Glitch.2460

Dungeons should not be easier, but ANet needed to pay attention to the “broken” bosses and fix them up before they introduced the no-res-rush patch. CM Path 1 for instance: Frost is INCREDIBLY hard and a total kitten to fight unless you can zerg him to death, which you no longer can.

He basically perma-freezes the entire team, then takes you all out individually with high damage. You can’t dodge unless you’re one of the lucky few that has endurance refill utility skills, you can barely keep up with condition removal because he is ALWAYS putting freezes on you, and even the most tanky person on our team was getting 2-3 shotted by his frost gun.

It’s a very, very broken boss for what is supposed to be a lvl 45 dungeon. With res rushing? Totally possible. Without? Nearly impossible.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

CM Path 1 for instance: Frost is INCREDIBLY hard and a total kitten to fight unless you can zerg him to death, which you no longer can.

He basically perma-freezes the entire team, then takes you all out individually with high damage. You can’t dodge unless you’re one of the lucky few that has endurance refill utility skills, you can barely keep up with condition removal because he is ALWAYS putting freezes on you, and even the most tanky person on our team was getting 2-3 shotted by his frost gun.

It’s a very, very broken boss for what is supposed to be a lvl 45 dungeon. With res rushing? Totally possible. Without? Nearly impossible.

I consider this post nice troll attempt but anyone doing CM will know better. Frost is really easy boss, I’ve done it two days before and I can’t really recall anything hard and bear in mind that I had 2 firsttimers.

Posted by: Time Glitch.2460

Time Glitch.2460

CM Path 1 for instance: Frost is INCREDIBLY hard and a total kitten to fight unless you can zerg him to death, which you no longer can.

I consider this post nice troll attempt but anyone doing CM will know better. Frost is really easy boss, I’ve done it two days before and I can’t really recall anything hard and bear in mind that I had 2 firsttimers.

You’re kidding, right?

We wiped like 5 times on that guy, and many more times on the bosses before them.

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Kill rocket turrets. Kill Golems when they spawn (You can skip the last one or even skip killing more of them if you like).

Stay away from his freeze blast. Avoid hitting him when his ice shield is up if you can. I don’t see why anyone would want to intentionally tank his ice attacks.

Vasham.2408

No

Yes

I would say you don’t speak for me, or the community as a whole, so don’t act like you do.

I don’t need to speak for you since as a casual you void your right to opinion.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

If anything dungeons need to be harder. Difficulty is a joke currently.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

AC is really easy for me and my pug groups usually, but just once in the last few days (possibly first time since patch) we got to detha’s cannon part and wiped multiple times. The enemies seem MUCH less forgiving than before as I haven’t died there in a long time but our entire group, which seemed very effective before that, had huge problems with that spot.

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

If anything dungeons need to be harder. Difficulty is a joke currently.

Correction, SOME dungeons need to be harder. Others are quite fine…and the rest actually need to be easier, like Arah. <_<

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

Malediktus.9250

Why would you want to be Arah to be any easier? I find it jokingly easy for the “endgame” dungeon.
My guild runs any path without skipping, exploiting/bug using, stealth kitting in under 60min.

This game needs dungeons which needs weeks for the first clear like other games had too. Its boring if you go into a new dungeons and now for certain you will succeed.

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

They also wanted dungeons to be a way to gear lvl 80 toons and it was never about making that difficult.

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

AC is really easy for me and my pug groups usually, but just once in the last few days (possibly first time since patch) we got to detha’s cannon part and wiped multiple times. The enemies seem MUCH less forgiving than before as I haven’t died there in a long time but our entire group, which seemed very effective before that, had huge problems with that spot.

I’ve done that path several times post-patch, and I had no issues. The mobs that spawn aren’t always the same setup, so sometimes you get something more dangerous like multiple necromancers which can fear or put heavy conditions on your team repeatedly. If there’s anything that possibly kills the team fast it’s that kind of a spawn.

Malediktus.9250

A while back before release they said story should be easy and explorer hard. What we have now both is easy and explorer is just another farm for silver.

SynfulChaot.3169

A while back before release they said story should be easy and explorer hard. What we have now both is easy and explorer is just another farm for silver.

It is great that you find them all easy. That is not true for most players. Most find the dungeons challenging and some still find them impossible.

If all dungeons (or even most) get tuned be be at the difficulty you would prefer, most players would never touch dungeons again. Just like you don’t want ANet to cater the dungeons only to the casuals (which they do not do), they also need to avoid catering only to the elites. Both options are bad long-term.

Malediktus.9250

Maybe those players should get their act together and spend some effort if they want to reap the rewards.

Posted by: cpenney.4793

cpenney.4793

I’ll say this much , From a pugging perspective yes they are hard anytime there is a boss in a path that needs coordination. From a guild run perspective no they are not hard, voice communication and a regular team of 5 that knows what they are doing gear setup and a balanced group makeup per encounter makes even Arah path 4 a joke.

Now though I want to say this too, for a game with no gear treadmill and no stat advantages on any set you can acquire there are still a large number of ppl with massive ego’s using the lfg site. For anyone new to the game that may not even be a bad player or a casual it’s kitten hard to get into dungeons and learn the runs at all this is a community attitude problem, from my experience with lfg site though a large number of the claimed elitist you see typing all in caps and can hardly spell anything that comes off as English are typically way worse to pug with and get anything done even if they are dungeon masters.

My hats off to anyone who does bring first timers and takes the time to teach them to get better at the dungeons this is how the most of the community should be if you want a fun and healthy game in the long run. But again it doesnt work that way with most ppl they just want 15 min runs of everything and god forbid ever having to take a little bit of there time to help get more people into the dungeons that’s all it really takes is generally one or two runs guided through a path and the average person has it down by then. But typically all i see is that if your new and have never done a path then you’re automatically bad and casual.

Basically the game is not that hard but in a large number of cases mostly through LFG site it’s the attitudes of the ppl who are supposed to be elitist and pro that are making a lot of the runs harder than they should be. And no I have never had a problem clearing any path of any dungeon and I don’t really think the difficulty should be tuned down or up , I do think a lot of the ppl who are into forming pugged dungeon runs need an attitude adjustment.

Posted by: MaRko.3165

MaRko.3165

Many people that know them find them easy and most that don’t find them hard to impossible. Are they going to be made easier or harder?

That all depends. Mostly on what they are there for in the 1st place and why would anyone want to bother with them.

On the one hand, they are part of the PvE game world and for ‘Dungeon Master’, ‘World Completion’ titles/trophies and personal story lines all or (some?) need to be done if the player wishes to complete those things.

On the other hand different sets of gear can be had as well as many simply ‘farm’ them for in game gold and matts for purchasing/crafting gear.

While this is reported to be a ‘skill based game’ if your not farming for gold/tokens for gear then your buying Gems and hitting the TP for gear.

At the end of the day one could make the case of making dungeons harder so that gear was harder to come by and therefore making the Gem Store more attractive, however if gear makes little or no difference there is no point in doing ether dungeons or shopping at the Gem Store. (outside of the completion factors above)

The bottom line is as long as the demographic that can/will/might spend money in the Gem Store is having fun and spending money Anet/GW2 is successful, if they are not having fun and not spending money, not so much.

“I was playing Farmville and a kitten MMO GW2 broke out of it…”
I cut my gaming teeth on Adventure&ZorkI,II,III.
i7-2600K/8G/GTX570SLI/WIN7/Stereoscopic_3D

Ungood.3054

No

Yes

Wow.. Reading fail.. but +1 on the troll!

(edited by Ungood.3054)

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

reading fail much?

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

Ungood.3054

Many people that know them find them easy and most that don’t find them hard to impossible. Are they going to be made easier or harder?

That all depends. Mostly on what they are there for in the 1st place and why would anyone want to bother with them.

This a great point!