Duplicate Identical Ascend Rings

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Darkened.7015

Darkened.7015

Ok, so today I was doing fractals, and I received another Ring of Red Death [Infused], and I wanted to add it to my Mesmer who already had one. A buddy in the party informed me that this wasn’t possible because it was a unique item. I was baffled when I couldn’t equip it, and assured him that on my Guardian, I in fact had two identical Royal Signet of Doric [Infused] rings. Well, my friend thought I was jerking his chain, so we had a big discussion about this, and researched the internet about it. Well, as it appears, we can not find any reference to anyone having duplicate identical ascended rings.

So here are screen shots to show what I am talking about, has anyone else managed to equip Duplicate Identical Ascended Infused Rings other than myself?

http://i.imgur.com/AFl677w.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pCvAbnX.jpg

Attachments:

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Well that’s an interesting bug.

I wonder what causes it.

Was one of the rings uninfused and then upgraded via the forge?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

maybe 1 is +5 and another is +10. dont’ know if it matters

Posted by: Cyrill Faust.9340

Cyrill Faust.9340

Have you taken them off and reequipped them before? if not its probably what Nevets suggested about the MF(and you probably won’t be able to reequip both if you take one off). If you have, then they have different item codes for some reason.

Proud member of [BANK] my bank guild and [BANK](2) my other bank guild

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Yes this ring has 2 item IDs:

https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/items/37098
https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/items/49394

Which is why you can use both at once.

Ring of red death has two too:

https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/items/37099
https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/items/49403

If i had to guess how this happened, it is probably the recent patch where account bound items didn’t stack because ANet generated a new ID for those items.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Darkened.7015

Both of the rings are infused, if you look at both photo links, one ring has a total of +10 AR and the other has a total of +15 AR.

fishball, I have had these rings equipped for over a year at least. These are easily back before the new fractal stages were added, and I believe at least one of them are before the ring were able to be purchased from the Laurel Vendor.

I believe that one of these rings originally was not infused, but upgraded in the forge. The interesting thing about one of these rings is that when I ping it to party chat, you and your party members are able to see the Agony Infusion equipped to the ring. Which is really odd.

Darkened.7015

Have you taken them off and reequipped them before? if not its probably what Nevets suggested about the MF(and you probably won’t be able to reequip both if you take one off). If you have, then they have different item codes for some reason.

I actually have not, for fear that I won’t be able to re-equip them xD

Best I can figure When A-Net decided to not allow duplicate identical unique items, I already had them equipped, and when it went into effect it didn’t un-equip them, and the matrix had a glitch…. so to say.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

oh thats nifty

i just tried buying a new crystalline band, but it plays poorly with a crystalline band from … a long time ago. although i started searching through those api pages a bit and all the infused rings seem to have 2 item ids, so i infused it.. and tried equipping it with an old one, and no dice. either the forge spits out the old ID and the new ID comes from the wiggly chest, or its been fixed, or the unique tag applies to name instead of item ID, or im not doin it rite…

edit: these rings have always been unique since forever, but you have always been able to equip an infused and an uninfused of the same name because they have different names.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Weird.

On a side note, everytime you run a fractal with soldier gear, God kills a little bunny. With a sledgehammer. Hitting him in the head. With no mercy. Pounding him again and again. Until you can’t even tell that it used to be a rabbit there.

Darkened.7015

Weird.

On a side note, everytime you run a fractal with soldier gear, God kills a little bunny. With a sledgehammer. Hitting him in the head. With no mercy. Pounding him again and again. Until you can’t even tell that it used to be a rabbit there.

Well, this is a classic debat of how nothing but Zerker status are useful in PvE. For the most part I can agree, however I’ve always done my Guardian as a full support class in PvE also. This may provoke debat about the effectiveness of doing so. But none the less, it is what it is. <3

Also knowing that God kills a bunny makes me want to go do a fractal right now

Posted by: ironfrodo.7625

ironfrodo.7625

Weird.

Well, this is a classic debat of how nothing but Zerker status are useful in PvE. For the most part I can agree, however I’ve always done my Guardian as a full support class in PvE also. This may provoke debat about the effectiveness of doing so. But none the less, it is what it is. <3

Also knowing that God kills a bunny makes me want to go do a fractal right now

You are already full support on Zerker Stats. So for what are soldier stats good?

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

The soldier gear is the least of my concerns. The staff on the other hand…

Attachments:

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

I see you are running full shouts. I hope you are not one of those kind of guardians that when asked to bring reflection they reply “Thats not part of my build”.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I see you are running full shouts. I hope you are not one of those kind of guardians that when asked to bring reflection they reply “Thats not part of my build”.

’It’s not my playstyle’
‘It doesn’t matter what build you bring as long as you are a skilled player.’
‘I brought strength in numbers’

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Thank God I only run Nomads, phew. Can’t tell how many bunnies I’ve saved.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Kronos.2560

Kronos.2560

Ok, so today I was doing fractals, and I received another Ring of Red Death [Infused], and I wanted to add it to my Mesmer who already had one. A buddy in the party informed me that this wasn’t possible because it was a unique item. I was baffled when I couldn’t equip it, and assured him that on my Guardian, I in fact had two identical Royal Signet of Doric [Infused] rings. Well, my friend thought I was jerking his chain, so we had a big discussion about this, and researched the internet about it. Well, as it appears, we can not find any reference to anyone having duplicate identical ascended rings.

So here are screen shots to show what I am talking about, has anyone else managed to equip Duplicate Identical Ascended Infused Rings other than myself?

http://i.imgur.com/AFl677w.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pCvAbnX.jpg

When they removed magic find a bunch of ascended rings swapped stats/kinds. Where some allowed me to double same ones up as well. Might have been from that.

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Thank God I only run Nomads, phew. Can’t tell how many bunnies I’ve saved.

When running in Nomad the victim will be this little Squirrel and she will be killed by a single machete blow.

Attachments:

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

That setup looks to me like an eotm zerging build. Well, the word “build” is used loosely here, but I trust you guys get what I am saying.

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

So I have duplicate crystalline bands and red rings of death. The “dupes” were infused before the fractured patch. Since anet didn’t want to screw people over who already put infusions on their rings they created new ids for the old infused rings. This isn’t a bug just an unintentional side affect. I’m sure the developers are aware of its existence.

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

So I have duplicate crystalline bands and red rings of death. The “dupes” were infused before the fractured patch. Since anet didn’t want to screw people over who already put infusions on their rings they created new ids for the old infused rings. This isn’t a bug just an unintentional side affect. I’m sure the developers are aware of its existence.

oh, that makes sense. nifty! wish i had a couple zerk ones.

(sadly now my only pre-fractured rings are the former magic find rings that i havent yet selected stats for and maybe a couple cele that i dont use any more and or are mixed in with alts in unknown combinations cuz my toons are a mess )

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions