Elem max dps

Elem max dps

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Since I have been asked about this in the elem forum, I thought it may interest some people here: elem max dps (no FGS, no ranger)

LH
0/25/25/20/0
Traits: bolt to the heart, arcane lightning, stone splinters, serrated stone, vital striking, piercing shards.
Gear: ascended zerker, scholar runes
Sigils: night and slaying
Utilities: signet of fire, LH, arcane spell
Nourishment: sweet and spicy butternut, potion
Mechanic: wield hammer in water attunement (AA only, no dodging) cast arcane spells to get arcane lightning. Max duration of rotation: 28.2s (recharge: 1min)
Player buffs: full might, fury, banners (strength, discipline), empower allies, 25 bloodlust stacks
Target: bleed, burn, vulnerability (25 stacks), melee range, linear hp (will be 33% of the time under 33% hp), 2600 armor
Working stats: 3699 power, 97% crit chance, 183% bonus crit dmg (including 50 base)
Average Dps: 16k8
Note: more dps while arcane lightning is up

Staff
30/20/10/10/0
Traits: internal fire, pyromancer alacrity, persisting flames, bolt to the heart, arcane lightning, stone splinters, vital striking
Sigil: slaying
Utilities: signet of fire, arcane spells
Mechanic: spam meteor shower, lava font and fireball on cooldown (interrupt fireballs if need be), remain in fire
Player buffs: full might, fury, banners (strength, discipline), empower allies, 25 perception stacks
Target: burn, vulnerability (25 stacks), under 600 range range, linear hp (will be 33% of the time under 33% hp), 2600 armor, immobile (take all lava font hits), target hitbox radius is twice that of a human player (90).
Working stats: 3749 power, 97% crit chance, 173% bonus crit dmg (including 50 base)
Average Dps: 14k6
Note: more dps while arcane lightning is up, more damage for larger targets

fresh air dagger/focus
30/30/10/0/0
Traits: ember’s might, burning precision, persisting flames, bolt to the heart, air training, fresh air, stone splinters
Sigil: slaying and night
Utilities: signet of fire, arcane wave
Mechanic: complex rotation (will expand later on this, or you can check in my guide: link in signature)
Player buffs: full might, fury, banners (strength, discipline), empower allies, 25 bloodlust stacks
Target: burn, vulnerability (25 stacks), melee range range, linear hp (will be 33% of the time under 33% hp), 2600 armor, is of human size (takes only 1 tick of burning speed trail per second)
Working stats: 3899 power, 95% crit chance, 183% bonus crit dmg (including 50 base)
Average Dps: 14k7 + 0.5k of burn = 15k3 dps
Note: more dps for larger targets

all dps figures are for the rotations in themselves, excluding damage from any utilities
My apologies for any possible yet unlikely mistake

Guanglai and I are still discussing some numbers about LH and staff, but the picture is pretty clear.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Elem max dps

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Looks cool, but it’s funny that from what I read earlier: you and Guang seem to have pretty different ratings of LH/Staff. He had staff up at like 16k, while you have LH that high.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Elem max dps

Zelyhn.8069

Looks cool, but it’s funny that from what I read earlier: you and Guang seem to have pretty different ratings of LH/Staff. He had staff up at like 16k, while you have LH that high.

Yes but we discussed this extensively and Guang was both overestimating and underestimating staff’s damage at the same time. Also we agreed to take out hunter buffs.

Using his own spreadsheet I get 14k3 for staff and 16k5 for LH, but the stats he is using for gear are slightly outdated.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Elem max dps

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Surely 0/20/25/25/0 is more dps when you consider all boons being permanently up.

Dub | [rT]

Elem max dps

Zelyhn.8069

Surely 0/20/25/25/0 is more dps when you consider all boons being permanently up.

You are completely right
I changed food to curry butternut, factored in 9 boons (multiplicative stacking assumed), and I got 17k8 dps

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Elem max dps

Dub.1273

Do some FGS calculations please

Dub | [rT]

Elem max dps

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Why bother. Just instagib everything ;d

Elem max dps

Dub.1273

Lupicus doesn’t like being “instagib’ed”.

Dub | [rT]

Elem max dps

Zelyhn.8069

He prefers to instagib himself on reflections … that masochist

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Elem max dps

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

He prefers to instagib himself on reflections … that masochist

Nah, he much prefers to be left alone and skipped.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Elem max dps

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I’d say mobs should stop using and even interrupt their own reflectable attacks once reflections skills are put up.

Elem max dps

spoj.9672

Interrupt his interrupt.

Elem max dps

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Yes but we discussed this extensively and Guang was both overestimating and underestimating staff’s damage at the same time. Also we agreed to take out hunter buffs.

Using his own spreadsheet I get 14k3 for staff and 16k5 for LH, but the stats he is using for gear are slightly outdated.

Whoa there. Using my own spreadsheet I get the exact opposite. Staff is over 16.5k while LH is a bit over 13k. To be honest I’m not really sure which boxes you’ve got ticked on my spreadsheet to be getting 16.5k on LH but only 14.3k on staff. With every possible buff, including Spotter, Frost Spirit, 25 Bloodlust, and 2x Slaying/Night Sigils, LH is 16.5k, but in the same situation I’m getting 18.4k on the staff.

So basically whatever assumptions you’re using, Staff is going to be better across the board. And I don’t think I ever agreed to drop Ranger buffs, I don’t see any reason to to be honest. Rangers are a good class, people being too lazy to roll one doesn’t make them any more/less viable.

Elem max dps

Zelyhn.8069

http://www.filedropper.com/dpscalculatorgkstafflh

Modifications made are in red
Tab 2 is staff dps
Tab 3 is LH dps

Edit: I added 9 extra preci on signet of fire on both builds, my mistake, not very significant.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

(edited by Zelyhn.8069)

Elem max dps

Zelyhn.8069

Also you may notice that if you take away a 1.1 modifier on the LH dps you get 14941.2 which is exactly the number you quoted on the elem thread. Maybe when you did that calculation you forgot a sigil or a modifier , like say for example the one you omitted by typo in the list of traits used: stone splinters.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Elem max dps

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

That looks right I suppose. The difference in this case is you’re taking max Bloodlust/Perception but not Frost Spirit/Spotter, which is rather skewing the results, but that aside, if you add the Meteor Shower DPS (which puts unscaled DPS at 544) you’ll see they’re pretty much even. Take out the Slaying/Night stuff and staff pulls ahead pretty quickly. I guess it depends primarily on the buffs you choose to account for.

Either way I wouldn’t say LH is any more than staff. At best the two are pretty much even. Quoting a difference as big as 16.8k versus 14.6k is just misinformation.

Elem max dps

spoj.9672

If only staff ele wasnt so boring.

Elem max dps

Zelyhn.8069

That looks right I suppose. The difference in this case is you’re taking max Bloodlust/Perception but not Frost Spirit/Spotter, which is rather skewing the results, but that aside, if you add the Meteor Shower DPS (which puts unscaled DPS at 544) you’ll see they’re pretty much even. Take out the Slaying/Night stuff and staff pulls ahead pretty quickly. I guess it depends primarily on the buffs you choose to account for.

Either way I wouldn’t say LH is any more than staff. At best the two are pretty much even. Quoting a difference as big as 16.8k versus 14.6k is just misinformation.

It has been agreed among the dungeon community that hunter buffs should not be considered as the meta is now.

The 514 base dps I used in your spreadsheet is including meteor shower. The base dps for staff is not 544, or any of the other base dps you have found using your method.

Ignoring sigils is skewing results since one build has 2 while the other has 1.

Finally, as Dub pointed out LH can actually deal even more than this with a 0/20/25/25/0 build. I calculated a 17k8 figure.

So let it be confirmed once and for all: in the conditions that have been stated above, LH deals more dps than staff.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Elem max dps

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

looks like it will be best to have both in a group so the LH can keep blasting the lava font

Oceanic [LOD]

Elem max dps

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Too bad this game isn’t called spreadsheet wars 2.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Elem max dps

spoj.9672

Yeah 2 eles would be ideal.

Elem max dps

Zelyhn.8069

looks like it will be best to have both in a group so the LH can keep blasting the lava font

Yeah I worked on that and it is really godly!
I can try to produce some dps figure for this if you are interested

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Elem max dps

Wukunlin.8461

The LH will need 30 in fire for the fury though, unless the team has 2 warriors to rotate warbanners

Oceanic [LOD]

Elem max dps

Posted by: Luke.2643

Luke.2643

The LH will need 30 in fire for the fury though, unless the team has 2 warriors to rotate warbanners

Or a ranger with warhorn/fury pet.

Elem max dps

Zelyhn.8069

Or some other thing that is not part of class mechanics and can produce fire fields

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Elem max dps

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Why does this community seem so allergic to performing and publishing field tests of these numbers?

Get a team in CoE/3 to hit the lasers and head down to the Destroyer platform to provide needed buffs, but let the ele do all the damage to the Destroyer. Do it a few times just for averaging’s sake and to smooth out discrepancies in rotations. Publish the results. One build does it in 2 shield drops plus 10 seconds, the other build does it in 3 shield drops plus 4 seconds. Boom, numbers verified.

You could probably do the Abom in Arah p2 or one of the giants at the end of p3 as well.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Elem max dps

spoj.9672

Or the ooze. Sit on the coral and you dont have to worry about dodging attacks or anything.

Elem max dps

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

I changed food to curry butternut, factored in 9 boons (multiplicative stacking assumed), and I got 17k8 dps

5-7 boons is more realistic. Aegis doesn’t particularly last long (except for the abundant CoE encounters) and where do you get Vigor from? Protection is hard to come by in a DPS party and Regen needs luck/positioning for the RoJ to bounce to you.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

(edited by zencow.3651)

Elem max dps

Broadicea.8294

Or the ooze. Sit on the coral and you dont have to worry about dodging attacks or anything.

Oooh yeah, that’s pretty good too. The Abom on the safe spot would also work but it’s harder to set up with the whole team. The ooze is the first boss though, I’d probably pick that.

My point is, do a kittening field test, god this spreadsheet bullkitten is so boring.

Elem max dps

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Just take some garden decorations and pick whatever boss tickles your fancy.

Elem max dps

spoj.9672

Haha good idea.

Elem max dps

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

I’m planning on doing some vet giant tests come next balance patch. I like having an idea of how much might/vuln/etc. a build can provide on its own anyway. I also have a small bit of data around featuring magecrusher.

But if you’re volunteering to be part of that CoE team, Broad… well I’ll see you later

(edited by DEKeyzToChaos.7381)

Elem max dps

Wukunlin.8461

champ troll in hotw P1 should be a solid test subject as well

Oceanic [LOD]

Elem max dps

Broadicea.8294

I’m planning on doing some vet giant tests come next balance patch. I like having an idea of how much might/vuln/etc. a build can provide on its own anyway. I also have a small bit of data around featuring magecrusher.

But if you’re volunteering to be part of that CoE team, Broad… well I’ll see you later

I think Spoj has it right with the Ooze. And yeah I’ll volunteer as buff-bot

Elem max dps

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

Just bug Dwayna…. You dont need to dodge and have a good enemy that does nothing. This is a good DPS test in my opinion

[rT]

Elem max dps

Broadicea.8294

Just bug Dwayna…. You dont need to dodge and have a good enemy that does nothing. This is a good DPS test in my opinion

Simin is 85% of the way through path 4. Better to use something that only takes a few minutes to get to.

Elem max dps

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

It only takes about 15 min to get to her. Not that bad

[rT]

Elem max dps

spoj.9672

Have to fall asleep killing grenth first though

Elem max dps

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Bug Kaisar then.

Ha, I bet you had to check who I am talking about.

Elem max dps

spoj.9672

You got me!

I dont pay attention to names, hes known as balth as far as im concerned.

Elem max dps

Broadicea.8294

kitten I don’t care who is used I’m just glad we’re talking about getting field tests actually going, FINALLY

Elem max dps

spoj.9672

These are empty to words though!

Elem max dps

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

We used to have field tests, they were speed clear videos.

Testing group dynamics is also kinda important because the contributions of others shift the value of things like more vuln stacks or the efficiency of power vs precision food.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

Elem max dps

Broadicea.8294

We used to have field tests, they were speed clear videos.

Testing group dynamics is also kinda important because the contributions of others shift the value of things like more vuln stacks or the efficiency of power vs precision food.

Yeah but running a full dungeon with your whole team contributing adds tons of variables that muddle the tests too much, unless the result is far and away better than the control setup. The field tests should be as controlled as possible. Groups should be present to provide buffs and vuln on enemies, preferably while dealing as little damage as possible (though as long as they do it consistently across trials it doesn’t matter too much).

Elem max dps

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

This is a warrior forum , sorry .

Elem max dps

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

I’m sorry, got confused, i thought arcane lightning does not stack with discipline banner?
So those 10 in air are not that great?

Elem max dps

Zelyhn.8069

I’m sorry, got confused, i thought arcane lightning does not stack with discipline banner?

Never heard of such behavior

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Elem max dps

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Never heard of such behavior

My god I have been living a lie, need more deepz! Also thanks for all your contributions, its fun seeing the math. Also for all the staff vs LH debate, they both have their contributions, i’m sure i will enjoy both!

Elem max dps

Posted by: Ryorco Marm.9580

Ryorco Marm.9580

LH:
Earth 25 and water vital striking doesn’t go well together.
Dodge -> lose earth 25 trait.
Dont dodge -> Lose water vital striking.
Out of endurance -> Lose both traits

Pug groups: Killing boss takes too long -> 15 charges is not enough. And there is always someone who steals my second hammer

Staff:
Is there a good way to interrupt autoattack?
If you need weapon skill to survive, switching out from fire reduces damage for 15 seconds.

For dungeon runs I find 25/25/10/10/0 good LH (fgs) build. Pug friendly.
Fire trait 10: +5% dmg or burn on critical

(edited by Ryorco Marm.9580)

Elem max dps

Zelyhn.8069

These builds are not made for dungeon runs, they are made for max dps.
Actually my lovely d/f build would do very nicely in dungeon runs, for your information

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]