Dub.1273

Ohgawd, fresh air…

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Elem max dps

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

That looks right I suppose. The difference in this case is you’re taking max Bloodlust/Perception but not Frost Spirit/Spotter, which is rather skewing the results, but that aside, if you add the Meteor Shower DPS (which puts unscaled DPS at 544) you’ll see they’re pretty much even. Take out the Slaying/Night stuff and staff pulls ahead pretty quickly. I guess it depends primarily on the buffs you choose to account for.

Either way I wouldn’t say LH is any more than staff. At best the two are pretty much even. Quoting a difference as big as 16.8k versus 14.6k is just misinformation.

It has been agreed among the dungeon community that hunter buffs should not be considered as the meta is now.

The 514 base dps I used in your spreadsheet is including meteor shower. The base dps for staff is not 544, or any of the other base dps you have found using your method.

Ignoring sigils is skewing results since one build has 2 while the other has 1.

Finally, as Dub pointed out LH can actually deal even more than this with a 0/20/25/25/0 build. I calculated a 17k8 figure.

So let it be confirmed once and for all: in the conditions that have been stated above, LH deals more dps than staff.

I’d say having ranger buffs is more practical than expecting everyone to have a separate set of Slaying/Night weapons of all types.

You seem pretty dead set on pushing LH but honestly the list of asterisks you need to add to LH to make it worthwhile compared to staff is pretty long. Your conclusion is basically that LH is better than staff when:

1) The dungeon is a nighttime one.
2) You have the appropriate slaying sigil for every mob in the dungeon, and there aren’t any mobs in the dungeon without a corresponding sigil.
3) No targets are so big as to take disproportionate damage from Meteor Shower.
4) All fights end in less than 10 hammer chains, but don’t end so fast that the burst from Meteor Shower becomes comparatively huge.
5) No mobs are immune to crits or conditions.

And in the end the damage difference isn’t even that big. Of course staff has some shortcomings too but the list is comparatively short. Basically the only thing that will weaken the staff relative to the LH is if mobs move around a lot, or if the mob is somehow so tiny that Meteor Shower almost never hits on it.

Elem max dps

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I feel like instead of comparing LH ele to fire staff ele we should stick LH ele in fire staff ele’s lava font… it’s too bad that fury trait is on the wrong one tho.

(edited by Player Character.9467)

Elem max dps

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I feel like instead of comparing LH ele to fire staff ele we should stick LH ele in fire staff ele’s lava font… it’s too bad that fury trait is on the wrong one tho.

It’s not just fury trait, lava font gains additional tick.

Elem max dps

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

It’s not just fury trait, lava font gains additional tick.

Yeah but it’s the LH ele doing the blasting so the combo of the 2 doesn’t have the fury uptime. Talkin bout synergy.

Elem max dps

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Yeah but it’s the LH ele doing the blasting so the combo of the 2 doesn’t have the fury uptime. Talkin bout synergy.

It is but staff build uses that trait to increase dps while hammer build would use it to get fury. It’s needed for both builds.

Elem max dps

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

Eruption, arcane wave and fgj from a single warrior will maintain fury for 46s assuming 0 boon duration ( war would probably have 10% making it 47,6s, quite irrelevant) which will be enough for majority of the fights.

Elem max dps

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Hm two blasts = 20s of fury
FGJ = 8s
total 28s ?

@Dolan
Spot on. The situation in which these builds achieve this dps is quite unrealistic.
The only application I have seen so far is GL speedkill.

The only reason why I posted this is because someone made a strong claim that staff dps is the very best in the game.

Edit: and also I must admit I wanted to show that d/f FA is bloody good

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

(edited by Zelyhn.8069)

Elem max dps

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

After 28s fgj is up again pushing it to 36s, at which point arcane wave can be used again to achieve 46s.

Elem max dps

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Haha Zelyhn I deleted my post because it was completely uncalled for. As long as at least one group can cater to the needs of the Elementalist without gimping their own damage in the process, then it’s a completely viable build for speed kills and the like, such as yeah, Lupi. I forget that I’m not the only on this forum.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Elem max dps

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Starting my staff + LH experiment here

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter