gw2esp [source past 3/15 patch available]

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

There is but the way I coded my thing causes client to crash when you unhook the dll. Was too lazy to code a proper unhook because, well, I didn’t really need to.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

The injector you mean? Same happens if I inject it with other injectors.
Or is it related to the dll code, if so, what part makes it crash the game client upon unloading?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Dub.1273

Ohwell, just figured the created threads are not exited when unloading the dll.
Might have to launch and catch thread interrupts first and then unload it. What I’m still confused on is if it’s safe to use GetModuleHandle() and pass it to FreeLibraryAndExit() inside the dll – or if I should rather pass the handle to the dll?

Dub | [rT]

frifox.5283

There is a function in the lib that terminates the esp. I think i ended up mapping it to F12 or something. I’ll mess around with it tomorrow to see if I figure out the crashing.

Dub.1273

Tried interrupting the threads and afterwards using the module handle to unload the dll.
I must say, I didn’t expect absolutely nothing to happen. I’m quite curious how the whole thing works anyway, I can’t find any starting point to what’s executed when the dll is injected.

Dub | [rT]

Dub.1273

Lol, I just found the solution to it by accident. First of all, for some reason a while(!killApp); would run indefinitely and never stop, even if killApp was set to true meanwhile. Second, the Dll does automatically uninject itself, once gw2main() exits.
The crash happens because of the remaining threads. I now ended up using

while (!GetAsyncKeyState(VK_?);
t1.interrupt();
t1.join();

t7.interrupt();
t7.join();
return;

which leads to the dll being ejected properly. Why however that happens, is beyond me. I still can’t find the starting point of the whole thing, as there is no DllMain in the whole code. However, if I rename gw2main() to something else, it can’t compile due to:

unresolved external symbol “void cdecl GW2LIB::gw2libmain(void)” (?gw2lib_main@GW2LIB@@YAXXZ) referenced in function “public: virtual bool __thiscall Gw2HackMain::init(void)” (?init@Gw2HackMain@@UAE_NXZ)

Dub | [rT]

frifox.5283

dll is ejected once the mail thread is done executing. While (GetAsyncKeyState()) was keeping it from closing by waiting for a certain key to be pressed. If you close the main thread without closing the child threads it would crash. I updated my repo with the code that would close main and sub threads when you hit F12. However, it still doesnt unhook the hotkeys so if you try hitting Alt+Whatever hotkey after closing (or re-launching) gw2dps it’ll throw an exception because the original call tied to the hotkey won’t be there anymore. I’ll look into that sometime later, too lazy atm…

Also, added the gw2offset which is the bruteforce thingy I mentioned earlier XD

Dub.1273

That on the other hand doesn’t happen to me. Hotkeys become unregistered properly and register properly again upon restart. However I still can’t find any main() code that is run upon injecting the dll – and it’s driving me crazy.

Anyway, uploaded new versions of it.
Changes:
- completely close the program by hitting the Pause key.
- added profession icons to floaters
- improved distance scaling
- lock a target by ctrl + doubleclick

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

You have a tldr of the features? >.<

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

BTW guys, this is very relevant to this add-on:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/So-I-heard-of-a-thing-but-is-it-okay/first#post4743252

Has anyone heard anything that would be considered approval of the features in this mod? I’d love to try it, but risking my account ain’t worth it.

I mean, other than the implied approval of letting this thread live for a month and not banning anyone who has admitted using it. That makes me think it’s ok, but I’d need something a little more explicit before trying it.

Dub.1273

We won’t get approval on it. I actually wonder that sweetfx has been announced to be okay.And that took over two years with thousands of users.

Frifox, I and some others are using this (frifox one) for over a year, though. But well, people continuously using hacks aren’t banned either, so why would they ban only displaying information rather than writing into memory.

Tl;dr of features: Alt + H.

Dub | [rT]

Dub.1273

Dps and timer now get calculated for every mob, you can switch between targets but still have correct values displayed. Except if your enemy heals to full, that resets the timer.
Still looking forward to personal dps :x.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Should I download a new copy?

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Dub.1273

If you want the features I mentioned you’ll need to replace the dll. The injector does always stay the same.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

The injector is doing nothing for me after being launched. Notes:

• I don’t think I have any C++ redists installed from 64bit anymore
  • Tried both the alt and crtl versions
  • Always running Gw2.exe in windowed mode
  • Both programs are being run as admin
  • Not using steam or any other overlay; tried with sweetfx disabled, no change
  • Sometimes a popup will ask me if gw2dps.exe worked correctly, but saying no and troubleshooting changes nothing

edit: manual injecting just crashes with KERNELBASE.DLL in the Report Crash window.

(edited by Aleth.9630)

Miku Lawrence.6329

Did you try to change your Wifi password?

Snow Crows [SC]

Dub.1273

Try to not run it as admin but only as normal user. Do you use windows 8?
Have you followed frifox’ notes? Http://www.github.com/frifox/gw2dps

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Aleth.9630

Yes I am using Windows 8.1 & nothing looks like a problem from frifox’s notes – his app is not “saying” anything, just injects and crashes the client. Dx says I have the newest version and Visual Studio has already installed C++2013.

Here’s a crash log, if it says anything.

(edited by Aleth.9630)

Dub.1273

I used frifox’ one on windows 8.1, so that shouldn’t be the problem, but maybe try launching it (gw2 and/or injector) in compatibility mode? I did not use any functions that aren’t available in win 8, though.

Judging from the error log, there seem to be more errors than just the one caused by the injection. Tried -repair?

Does Frifox’ dll crash you too?
If all this doesn’t work, I could upload you my debug version with console output, so we would see where the error lies. If it’s within gw2libs initialization process, I’m afraid I can’t help then.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Aleth.9630

Did a clear reinstall of Gw2 and moved the executables from C:/Guild Wars 2 into D:/ and suddenly it worked. I guess maybe they don’t like C:/ direct subfolders?

However, it refuses to work with SweetFX, any solutions to that? (since it’s only “some” people reporting problems) I really hate this game without it ;_;

Dub.1273

System partition shouldn’t cause problems (I personally use it), it might at best fail to find the full path name due to some strange required but not given rights. It’s more likely the reinstall of gw2 was the fix, tho.

As for sweetfx, no (easy) solution (I know) to that. Maybe try alternatives like gemfx. Or inject sweetfx after the esp.

Dub | [rT]

Aleth.9630

How do I inject it after esp? Injecting the .dlls of it manually doesn’t seem do anything.

Dub.1273

Not sure, I never really used sweetfx. Did gemfx not work?

Dub | [rT]

Iris Ng.9845

It never works with Sweetfx. Just give up one of the two.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Miku Lawrence.6329

Gemfx works, can confirm. But attached image isn’t loading.

Attachments:

Snow Crows [SC]

(edited by Miku Lawrence.6329)

frifox.5283

Installed gemfx and then loaded gw2dps as usual, running windows 8.1. No problems at all. The screenshot function captures the gemfx AND gw2dps overlays. Something must be wrong on your end if you’re having problems…

edit: what miku said… lol

Dub.1273

Erm… first picture is with gemfx, second without.
Holy kitten is that ugly, no matter the settings. Everything gets blurry, even without any blur effects enabled. Even the UI.

Attachments:

Dub | [rT]

frifox.5283

Yeah, I messed around with it and removed as it made gw2 uglier. SweetFX uses SMAA as oposed to FMAA like gemfx and gw2 which makes the game smooth and beautiful. Unfortunately it does cause gw2dps to crash the game on load. Probably a conflict in how it hooks in.

Iris Ng.9845

I want the sharpness of SweetFX

Dub.1273

DSR.

Attachments:

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: DennisChrDk.9823

DennisChrDk.9823

Hey guys, can someone here please help me out?

I’ve been trying to install the program again, after I reinstaleld W8. But everytime I try to inject the dll file it says that I miss the “msvcp120” file. I’ve already tried installing and reinstalling “Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013” multiple times, but with no luck. Do anyone else know what to do?

Posted by: skarpak.8594

skarpak.8594

i’ve got a problem, too.
i can start the programm without problems, but i get always the massage dll not loaded in the console…dll is in the right place tough (so, the programm itself works actually from the view at the code).
when i run it as admin the game freezes or, if it does not freeze at all, nothing happens and it simply does not run.

since i study IT, i looked at the code but couldn’t rly find the problem…can’t run it with VS2013 since some stuff is missing and i did not look deep enough at the code (got exams atm so no time ).

all other things mentioned are in place as they should be. using windows 7, 64 bit.
funny thing: it runs on my laptop (same system) without any problems.

any ideas what i am missing or why it does not find the dll?
putting stuff in another folder at another drive and so didn’t work too.
checked the permissions (read / write) and changed it so it should work, but this didn’t work either.

(edited by skarpak.8594)

Dub.1273

Hey guys, can someone here please help me out?

I’ve been trying to install the program again, after I reinstaleld W8. But everytime I try to inject the dll file it says that I miss the “msvcp120” file. I’ve already tried installing and reinstalling “Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013” multiple times, but with no luck. Do anyone else know what to do?

Uninstall all redistributables and then execute dxwebsetup and vcredist_x86.
https://github.com/frifox/gw2dps/tree/master/dist

Dub | [rT]

Dub.1273

i’ve got a problem, too.
i can start the programm without problems, but i get always the massage dll not loaded in the console…dll is in the right place tough (so, the programm itself works actually from the view at the code).
when i run it as admin the game freezes or, if it does not freeze at all, nothing happens and it simply does not run.

since i study IT, i looked at the code but couldn’t rly find the problem…can’t run it with VS2013 since some stuff is missing and i did not look deep enough at the code (got exams atm so no time ).

all other things mentioned are in place as they should be. using windows 7, 64 bit.
funny thing: it runs on my laptop (same system) without any problems.

any ideas what i am missing or why it does not find the dll?
putting stuff in another folder at another drive and so didn’t work too.
checked the permissions (read / write) and changed it so it should work, but this didn’t work either.

You’re probably missing boost – you can use the ready built version and don’t need to build it yourself, so it’s simyly copying it somewhere and linking it in the project settings. Alternatively, since the dll does load (as far as I understood), you could just force close the injector?

Dub | [rT]

frifox.5283

Can we keep all the technical support questions off this thread? As an alternative I propose to centralize all support to the github section here:

Opinions?

skarpak.8594

@dub: since i am missing the boosts, i could not start the programm in vs2013, thats right. i just used it to look a little bit at the code since i got curious over my problem.

i have the .exe at my pc and it says dll not loaded when i start it (it does the same at my laptop when i don’t have gw2 open and works perfectly on my laptop when gw2 is open.)

at my pc the .exe says always .dll not loaded even when gw2 is open.
so:
- gw2 freezes when i run the .exe as admin or gw2 does not freeze, but .exe is not running.

- .exe says at the console “dll not loaded!” when opened as normal user.

exe and dll is in the same folder as it should be.

sorry, i am german and maybe my text was a little bit to sloppy to understand and first. :S

edit: oh, sorry frifox if u wish i go with that, no problem.

Dub.1273

Can we keep all the technical support questions off this thread? As an alternative I propose to centralize all support to the github section here:

Opinions?

+1

@dub: since i am missing the boosts, i could not start the programm in vs2013, thats right. i just used it to look a little bit at the code since i got curious over my problem.

i have the .exe at my pc and it says dll not loaded when i start it (it does the same at my laptop when i don’t have gw2 open and works perfectly on my laptop when gw2 is open.)

at my pc the .exe says always .dll not loaded even when gw2 is open.
so:
- gw2 freezes when i run the .exe as admin or gw2 does not freeze, but .exe is not running.

- .exe says at the console “dll not loaded!” when opened as normal user.

exe and dll is in the same folder as it should be.

sorry, i am german and maybe my text was a little bit to sloppy to understand and first. :S

edit: oh, sorry frifox if u wish i go with that, no problem.

So it doesn’t load even though gw2 is open. Did you rename the gw2.exe or the window name? Try injecting it manually, with RemoteDll or some other injector.

Dub | [rT]

skarpak.8594

works manually…should have tried that first.
thx <3

Posted by: DennisChrDk.9823

DennisChrDk.9823

Uninstall all redistributables and then execute dxwebsetup and vcredist_x86.
https://github.com/frifox/gw2dps/tree/master/dist

Thank you very much! Somehow it worked when in installed the 32 bit version insteadt of 64 bit.

Posted by: Nature Anthem.1852

Nature Anthem.1852

Hello, thanks a lot for this usefull tool.

Is there a way to keep options between 2 game starts or should I script something to quick param them?
What is the difference between red and yellow floaters? :o

Dub.1273

You could probably find out what dll’s gw2 loads upon character select and rename it to that and place it in the gw2 folder. Other than that, a script to quick start them would be easier.

Slight red floater circles are just drawn to easier see their position, solid yellow circles are drawn when the floater is below 50% health and solid red circles are drawn when floaters health is below 25%.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Oddgo.5423

Oddgo.5423

Hey Dub, I don’t see the alternate resolutions in your original post. In a previous post you said the link was updated to include them. Am I missing it entirely?

Dub.1273

The esp automatically checks for your monitors native resolution and uses settings for that.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Oddgo.5423

Oddgo.5423

If that is the case, I think it may be detecting 1080 for some reason. Thoughts on what I can try to do to correct it?

Dub.1273

What resolution do you play on? Because I can’t set it up for 1440p or 4k, my monitor ain’t big enough.:/

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: LuXx.9354

LuXx.9354

Broken since stab patch.
:’(

Dub.1273

#missingMotivationAndTimeToFix

So I’ll just wait until rafzi updates gw2lib and then recompile.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Alex.9106

Alex.9106

gw2lib got updated 5min ago^^

frifox.5283

lol, that didnt take long. I’ll check that out after work.

Anyone tried gw2helper? Seems to do same stuff as gw2lib based projects and more

Dub.1273

Yeah, I’ve got access to it. It however didn’t really suit my needs when I was still playing.
Definitely a nice tool, definitely even better for world boss farmers, but for dungeons and wvw I absolutely preferred ours.

Anyway, updated the downloads. All credits go to rafi, tho.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)