FOTM 50 as compared to 49

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

Q:

So what extra’s do you get for doing a whole new difficulty tier?
As far as I know(http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists), you get the same amount of fractal tokens, and it doesn’t seem to reflect any difference or speciality to fractal 50. It even shares daily with 41-49. Could someone explain me the difference?

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

About the only difference is that you need more agony resistance. Rewards are the same. Basically it’s for those who have ground their way to get the AR for taking it on (70). Apart from that, the mobs just hit harder is about all. Once you get there, there’s no real point in doing it compared to 49. When you reach lvl 40, you can just do 49 over and over again until your personal reward level hits 50.

The ridiculous thing is that 50 forms part of the same block as 40 with regards to daily chests. So there is no incentive to actually do it.

What needs to be done is to shift 50 to its own block and have a reward chest for completing it. As it stands, the vast majority of pugs on LFG will just do 49

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

If you have enough AR then it’s better to do 50. The instability at 49 is nothing but a dps throttle to make the run slower than it needs to be.

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

^ What he said. Basically at 49 everytime you dodge you lose DPS (gotta love the instability), but at 50, you can dodge as much as you want, only thing you need is 70 AR to survive.

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Not to mention that the rewards for 50’s are screwed up, you will get better rewards running a 30/40

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Random Agony could just waste a healing skill, or prevent to go ooc if needed.

Its still easier than most instabilities…but instability are not “hard” per se.

Most of them are lacking in design so they can randomly kill you if applied during some fractals mechanics.

They weren t tested much obviously.
Even a level 31 mossman can kill the BEST player without giving him anu chance to do anything (pure luck).

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

lvl 49’s instability barely slows down the DPS. I don’t know exactly what the percentage is, but with a good group (I usually run with guildies who are very practiced) the difference between a 38 run and a 49 run is minimal.