Fiery Greatsword

Fiery Greatsword

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

They did it. They hit fiery rush with a sledgehammer the size of planets and now it’s trash tier.

ANET

YOU

ARE

MY

HEROES

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

What’d they do?

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Yay ele is back to having no good elite skills.

But don’t get me wrong I do not think it was okay as is… but really. Might as well just slot elementals.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

What? now? wasnt it supposed to be in september?

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

What’d they do?

70% damage reduction to the trails, the trails no longer stack and they buffed the strike.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Well, the Ice Elemental will basically give you a second heal skill according to the wiki’s numbers, 6570 on a 25 second cool down. Fire Elemental will provide extra AoE and some Might. Besides Earth being really tanky I’m not as impressed with it and Air

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Wow, PvE is now challenging, fun and interesting, yay, who would guess you only need a damage nerf to make dungeons viable again!

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

Who cares, eles can provide 25 vuln by themselves now….

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

So, what about bear form? And with the no stacking what about Burning Retreat and the dagger rush?

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

So, what about bear form? And with the no stacking what about Burning Retreat and the dagger rush?

They included those too iirc.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Both got axed the same way as fiery rush, no more wall rushing with them either.

And a quote from Karl on the Twitch chat: " Karl_mclain: I wouldn’t count on norn forms being the same, either."

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

Bear form not changed, burning retreat and burning speed both nerfed like FGS rush.
Edit: Maaaybe bear form nerfed aswell

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I rarely ever saw most of my groups use them properly, so this change doesn’t really hurt me at all. However, I’m hoping that these changes will allow them to add more dun- just kidding, that won’t happen.

Please fix the mesmers’ one-year-old bugs while you’re at it, ANET.

Fiery Greatsword

dlonie.6547

That thread did get a red post yesterday, btw. Chris Whiteside is actually posting a lot since yesterday. It looks like CommTagGate was a bit of a wake up call for them…

cautious optimism

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Ariete The Phoenix.8276

I am pretty sure someone is quitting gw2 after this, so… Looking for a guild, where do I apply?

Also known as Liahm Lee

Fiery Greatsword

FenrirSlakt.3692

That thread did get a red post yesterday, btw. Chris Whiteside is actually posting a lot since yesterday. It looks like CommTagGate was a bit of a wake up call for them…

cautious optimism

Oh Lord, I so hope that’s true. It’s so maddening to see an issue so glaringly visible being ignored for so long.
Maybe, just maybe the hope is not lost, not all is vain and the dream still lives.

ANET pls

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

And thus ended the era of Elite skills that actually felt… elite.

Fiery Greatsword

Lilith Ajit.6173

I am pretty sure someone is quitting gw2 after this, so… Looking for a guild, where do I apply?

Lol restaaaart the mmo!

I know you probably mean speed running elite guilds but I’ve honestly fell in love with [ARES]

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Burning speed. :<

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Guild Wars 2, where restarting is a priority

Also known as Liahm Lee

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

But no word of bear form, if they don’t nerf it as well it’s all geegee.

Fiery Greatsword

maha.7902

Some Karl guy in the twitch chat said norn form functionality is changing too.

Restart the meta.

Fiery Greatsword

Lilith Ajit.6173

Some Karl guy in the twitch chat said norn form functionality is changing too.

Restart the meta.

Perfect.

Restart.the.cryhards.

[ARES]

Fiery Greatsword

FenrirSlakt.3692

Also relevant:

Oh no…

Attachments:

Fiery Greatsword

Lilith Ajit.6173

Lol! The prophet has spoken!

[ARES]

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

Wow, PvE is now challenging, fun and interesting, yay, who would guess you only need a damage nerf to make dungeons viable again!

what when are they making dungeons viable again? they’ve always been viable this nerf only applied to actual organized groups as pugs groups don’t ever get into a situation where FGS did anything.

only thing this will do is take the ele out of the organized dungeon run, and replacing it with a warrior or guardian.
so fun…

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I often run without Ele and FGS nerf won’t change much, the only boss where FGS was much faster was the ooze in Arah, killing it before it start jumping was sweet, other bosses will just take 4-5 more seconds.

Also some bosses in HoTW but not many people do them anyway.

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

I often run without Ele and FGS nerf won’t change much, the only boss where FGS was much faster was the ooze in Arah, killing it before it start jumping was sweet, other bosses will just take 4-5 more seconds.

What about Mossman? :C

Fiery Greatsword

dlonie.6547

I know you probably mean speed running elite guilds but I’ve honestly fell in love with [ARES]

\o/

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

What about Mossman? :C

Forgot about Fractal XD, fractals are differents, using FGS for boss like mossman or archdiviner was actually a huge challenge in higher levels an could save a lot of time. at least we won’t have to deal with bad ele who all they know is how to drop a weapon (and takes too long to drop it, and the boss is already mid fight)

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: JasmineLong.6514

JasmineLong.6514

I wouldn’t go that far just yet. There will always be the most efficient way which will be the new meta

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Hekmatyar.8725

Hekmatyar.8725

’Tis so exciting! Pretty sure the game will only be dull from now on instead of downright unplayable!

Nellmar/Arezzem

Fiery Greatsword

JasmineLong.6514

I’m just waiting to see how long before people find something new to complain about.

Fiery Greatsword

Lilith Ajit.6173

I’m just waiting to see how long before people find something new to complain about.

The next thing will be: “LFG no ele necro or ranger.”

XD. I don’t think it’ll be that bad but some people might blow it out of proportion

[ARES]

Fiery Greatsword

JasmineLong.6514

Until they nerf ele might stacking and scepter hammer rotations, they will still be more useful than a lot of other classes

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I would guess about 2-3 weeks after the “new meta” is established, the core of that will become the new “exploit”.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Fiery Greatsword

JasmineLong.6514

I would guess about 2-3 weeks after the “new meta” is established, the core of that will become the new “exploit”.

Basically what will happen. “Vuln stacking is an exploit.”

I still see 2 eles and a war as being the core of most comps, all the other professions will just fall in line from there.

Fiery Greatsword

Lilith Ajit.6173

Yeah I mean there’s still icebow. It’s no where near fgs, but for fractals that 4 is great for the structures (ice, bloom, molten tests, molten duo, maw life steal, anomaly, ascalon, etc)

[ARES]

Fiery Greatsword

JasmineLong.6514

Yeah I mean there’s still icebow. It’s no where near fgs, but for fractals that 4 is great for the structures (ice, bloom, molten tests, molten duo, maw life steal, anomaly, ascalon, etc)

Frost bow is op as all hell. Better than fgs IMO since you don’t have to get targets to a corner/wall. Won’t be long before the qqers start on that. It also has that freeze attack.

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I imagine a ranger with the new trait and a frostbow is a happy combination.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Fiery Greatsword

Lilith Ajit.6173

Frost bow is op as all hell. Better than fgs IMO since you don’t have to get targets to a corner/wall. Won’t be long before the qqers start on that. It also has that freeze attack.

Terrible on fractal 38, SOMETHING I NEVER REMEMBER…

[ARES]

Fiery Greatsword

JasmineLong.6514

Terrible on fractal 38, SOMETHING I NEVER REMEMBER…

What’s a fractal

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

I rarely ever saw most of my groups use them properly, so this change doesn’t really hurt me at all. However, I’m hoping that these changes will allow them to add more dun- just kidding, that won’t happen.

Arenanerf only nerfs, they never fix

Fiery Greatsword

Lilith Ajit.6173

Arenanerf only nerfs, they never fix

I like the change WAY more than if they had required a target tbh…

[ARES]

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Is it bad that I’m more miffed about the fix on burning retreat than on Fiery rush? I mean it was the one somewhat interesting things to do while camping staff.

Also just a curiosity thing, I wonder how they did the no stacking thing? will it have other situations where it comes up that maybe are unintended? something to keep an eye out for?

Fiery Greatsword

maha.7902

Frost bow isn’t that special on small or medium targets but people just like to spam it on everything because lolfrostbow.

It’s honestly not even an issue.

Fiery Greatsword

JasmineLong.6514

It’ll be fun once the changes hit and hear everyone qq about “Ermahgerd, donjons so hard! Anet plz nerf.” I will just l3l and lol and k3k all day.

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

I think you’ll still play with 2 elementalists. Lightninghammer and frostbow for big hitboxes is a must have, though.

Grimkram [sS]

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Also just a curiosity thing, I wonder how they did the no stacking thing? will it have other situations where it comes up that maybe are unintended? something to keep an eye out for?

Hmm. That is a puzzler.

I guess looking at it systematically, the common denominator between Fiery Rush and Charge is that they both play into the general concept of ‘the player leaving an impact in their wake’. But they don’t seem to spatially based exactly, it seems more like they’re just automating player movement for a fixed period of time and propagating ticks of an effect dependent on time passing. So you’ve got a reasonable simulation of the idea in an open field, but, if you’re being held in place it just keeps going. Maybe they finally got the back end on these charge type skills to create ticks of an effect to be dependent on actual distance traveled instead of pseudo-simulated-distance?

Well, I’d prefer changes like that, anyway. Who knows, though?

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Fiery Greatsword

Posted by: Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

Zelyhn Lekovitch.2867

They did it. They hit fiery rush with a sledgehammer the size of planets and now it’s trash tier.

ANET

YOU

ARE

MY

HEROES

Your happiness is crucial to me

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter