Fix AC again or just bring old AC back

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: John Kemp.2736

John Kemp.2736

Not even gonna write about what you need to fix. As a dev team u guys should just go play it as a full group of lvl 35s and give urselves whatever best gear and buffs u can at that lvl oh and since there is no trinity don’t even try to cheat by using a balanced party go with whatever the team wants to play as. then go remake it. thnx bye.

Posted by: John Kemp.2736

John Kemp.2736

how about no even at lvl 80 in full exotics/ascended this dungeon now blows yes some ideas r good but its so poorly balanced that a group of people playing for fun have to deal with crazy to get little to no actual reward. and yes u can be as elitist as u want but a game shouldn’t have content designed to consistently wipe a group especially if they know what they are doing.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I’ve been doing runs of AC paths 1 and 3 and it’s insanely easy. I’m not sure what the problem is, and when people realise how farmable it is they’ll start coming back.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Not even gonna write about what you need to fix. As a dev team u guys should just go play it as a full group of lvl 35s and give urselves whatever best gear and buffs u can at that lvl oh and since there is no trinity don’t even try to cheat by using a balanced party go with whatever the team wants to play as. then go remake it. thnx bye.

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

If you claim to know what you were doing, you probably wouldn’t be wiping as much as you say you are.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I’ve been doing runs of AC paths 1 and 3 and it’s insanely easy. I’m not sure what the problem is, and when people realise how farmable it is they’ll start coming back.

I actually failed quite abit of AC. Really need to use my elemental to up the success chance.

How do you go about your teamate being bad. For example picking up 4 low level people with like 300 achievement point.

Anything is really easy if your groupmate is good. If you randomly go by the pug from gwlfg I can honestly say it’s not always the case.

If not for my elementist, I’d say most of the people I pug from gwlfg have no chance of getting the burrow down in AC path 1.

laokoko.7403

Anything is easy when you get experienced people. Even the guy who made that post himself says dungeon is not suppose to be easy, it is meant for experienced people. And implying he can’t randomly pick up 4 low level people and do the dungeon.

I can’t say if the dungeon is hard or easy. If you go by pug, depend on the luck. Some group are amazing good and we didn’t even use glitch.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: DelOnasi.6051

DelOnasi.6051

I actually failed quite abit of AC. Really need to use my elemental to up the success chance.

How do you go about your teamate being bad. For example picking up 4 low level people with like 300 achievement point.

Anything is really easy if your groupmate is good. If you randomly go by the pug from gwlfg I can honestly say it’s not always the case.

If not for my elementist, I’d say most of the people I pug from gwlfg have no chance of getting the burrow down in AC path 1.

People are so obsessed with damage in this game that sometimes they fail to see the forest for the trees.

AC p1 is doable without high DPS (obviously, if you want to farm it, high DPS is still better). I usually play a support role in dungeons, so I take the role of protecting hodgins, and can keep him alive for a very long time while the rest of the team whittles down the burrows. A while ago we were bringing a new level 33 guildy in for the first time, and had a second party member disconnect, and the four of us, none of us elementalists, did the burrow room just fine by having me kite around all the gravelings.

Dungeon Master ~ Litter of Lions [Arch] Admin ~ Devona’s Rest

laokoko.7403

People are so obsessed with damage in this game that sometimes they fail to see the forest for the trees.

AC p1 is doable without high DPS (obviously, if you want to farm it, high DPS is still better). I usually play a support role in dungeons, so I take the role of protecting hodgins, and can keep him alive for a very long time while the rest of the team whittles down the burrows. A while ago we were bringing a new level 33 guildy in for the first time, and had a second party member disconnect, and the four of us, none of us elementalists, did the burrow room just fine by having me kite around all the gravelings.

I’m not implying the dungeon to be too hard or too easy. All I said is many pug from gwlfg does fail. Actually a high percentage of it.

And you don’t need to tell me how your l33t group did it so easily. I’m sure there are solo or duo or trio video on youtube.

Posted by: DelOnasi.6051

DelOnasi.6051

I’m not implying the dungeon to be too hard or too easy. All I said is many pug from gwlfg does fail. Actually a high percentage of it.

And you don’t need to tell me how your l33t group did it so easily. I’m sure there are solo or duo or trio video on youtube.

Sorry if I offended you; I agree with a lot of what you said. I wasn’t trying to “tell you how my l33t group did it so easily”; my point was that we didn’t have a “l33t” group. I was just trying to point out that there are alternative strategies that can work in non-standard group compositions. To be fair, pugs don’t often try out different strategies, but if things go poorly once they are often open to new suggestions the second time.

I guess I was surprised because I haven’t seen many pugs fail AC, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t a lot that do fail that I haven’t seen.

Dungeon Master ~ Litter of Lions [Arch] Admin ~ Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

A lot of PUGs do fail AC still. I’m guessing that a lot of groups don’t do Kohler and a lot of groups use positioning quirks on the some of the final bosses (not as the designers intended).

Posted by: mesmer days.3289

mesmer days.3289

Every pug group I played after the new update to AC was full of rage quitters. I like how a lot people say this person is crying about this and that. Seriously when someone states something they do not like , it does not mean they are crying or whatever smart remark, they are just stating what they do not like. I do not like AC dungeon, and a lot of people in my guild that I used to play it with do not like the dungeon. In fact since the new update to the AC dungeon, 20 to 30 people in my guilds have quit cause now all there teams are filled with rage quitters. It was 7 days straight of people rage quitting on my team that made me quit the game. I really hope they fix the AC dungeon so that pug groups do not have so many rage quitters. I think they should lock you in the dungeon so that you can not leave the dungeon so have to do the dungeon and they do not waste my time. People that say this dungeon is easy probably has a group of people that are very skilled in this dungeon because its far from easy with a team of random people that are either lower than 80 or never been in a dungeon before, or just are not good at dungeons. When your whole team rage quits like 3 times in a row in day that is like the biggest let down and makes it totally just a waste of time.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

Every pug group I played after the new update to AC was full of rage quitters. I like how a lot people say this person is crying about this and that. Seriously when someone states something they do not like , it does not mean they are crying or whatever smart remark, they are just stating what they do not like. I do not like AC dungeon, and a lot of people in my guild that I used to play it with do not like the dungeon. In fact since the new update to the AC dungeon, 20 to 30 people in my guilds have quit cause now all there teams are filled with rage quitters. It was 7 days straight of people rage quitting on my team that made me quit the game. I really hope they fix the AC dungeon so that pug groups do not have so many rage quitters. I think they should lock you in the dungeon so that you can not leave the dungeon so have to do the dungeon and they do not waste my time. People that say this dungeon is easy probably has a group of people that are very skilled in this dungeon because its far from easy with a team of random people that are either lower than 80 or never been in a dungeon before, or just are not good at dungeons. When your whole team rage quits like 3 times in a row in day that is like the biggest let down and makes it totally just a waste of time.

Well, i find that most people who have problems with AC are people who exclusively or most of the time play traditional mmorpgs.

GW2 put action game elements into it, and imo it is more enjoyable and active this way.

If you’re a gamer that plays a variety of games over the years (even casual) adapting shouldn’t be a problem, otherwise you need to adjust and break the mold.

Think Dark Souls or Monster hunter (or any action game of your choice) then it should not be too much trouble.

See the challenge > fail > find a solution.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Posted by: Coconuts.5427

Coconuts.5427

Dungeons should be full of rage quits and wipes amongst the general populace.

Not everybody should be able to complete the dungeon simply by recruiting 4 random pugs and going gung-ho, no teamtalk, silent gameplay and smash through content that easily.

Dungeons should be very difficult mechanically (and not just extremely large health with extremely heavy hits) because it’s focus should be about LEARNING, about the journey to finding a solution for an EPIC obstacle.

There should be many that will want to rage quit and many pug teams that will fall apart.

Dungeons should be a test, not a walkthrough. Finishing a dungeon should feel like finishing a marathon, with huge satisfaction and a dopamine rush from having overcame an EPIC obstacle.

This is what make dungeons fun, and what makes MMO gamers’ blood boil for more.

Posted by: mesmer days.3289

mesmer days.3289

I do not think you all are getting my point. I understand that rage quitting happens but when it happens like every single day like 3 or 4 times a day, its a little bit more than just a problem. Especially when your whole team quits. Did you even hear what I said about the people leaving the guilds because they hated the new AC. They all went to other games, and that is why I went with some of them to other games. I like challenges but when you have to depend on 4 random people or even people you invite it has nothing to do with just a single person defeating a dungeon, its the whole group that has to be good enough to succeed. If you play AC dungeon and the team gives up before you can finish for 7 days straight than there is something seriously wrong with this dungeon. That is why I think they should lock you in the dungeon so you have no alternative but to finikitten. If this was a dungeon that can be done with just one person, I would have mastered it. I know the dungeon like the back of hand, if there was 4 of me playing the game I would easily succeed because I am really good at mmo’s. Its the fact that my team members can not play good and rage quit 7 days straight that makes AC suck and is why I left. PVE is so boring in Guild wars 2 , the only thing that kept me playing this game was the old AC, now its just plain boring. My blood does boil when playing this game but that is because its so much of waste of time.

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Of course it is easy when you stack the giant spider, skip kholer, know the order of burrow spawn, and then stack the final boss. Lets go over this….

1. Stack
2. Skip
3. Repitition
4. Stack

This dungeon is so broke. To be clear this is not an insult towards the op. People who say this is easy are completely right and anyone who thinks they are awesome sauce because they can stack …. well lol. Even so after a couple times its not too hard to do it legit either. Just a bit of practice.

(edited by Slither Shade.4782)

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

I’ve seen runs of path 1 that go smooth as butter and runs where it seems like there is nothing we can do to keep gravelings off of Hodkins in the Archive of The Resting.
- Runs where we’ve managed to down 4 or 5 burrows in quick succession, only to have one graveling stick on him and not go down fast enough.

Not sure if it just glitches sometimes, or if those are the nights were we are doing it wrong. I suspect the latter… but wish I could blame the former.

Otherwise AC is not bad if you have a team with balanced builds and good cooperation.

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

laokoko.7403

Even so after a couple times its not too hard to do it legit either. Just a bit of practice.

That’s the point. If I do AC everyday and have to play with people “who need practice” everyday. It is really frustrating. That is why people rage quit.

Spend 1 hour donig a path so people can “practice”, just to meet some new guy the next day “who need practice again”.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

I do not think you all are getting my point. I understand that rage quitting happens but when it happens like every single day like 3 or 4 times a day, its a little bit more than just a problem. Especially when your whole team quits. Did you even hear what I said about the people leaving the guilds because they hated the new AC. They all went to other games, and that is why I went with some of them to other games. I like challenges but when you have to depend on 4 random people or even people you invite it has nothing to do with just a single person defeating a dungeon, its the whole group that has to be good enough to succeed. If you play AC dungeon and the team gives up before you can finish for 7 days straight than there is something seriously wrong with this dungeon. That is why I think they should lock you in the dungeon so you have no alternative but to finikitten. If this was a dungeon that can be done with just one person, I would have mastered it. I know the dungeon like the back of hand, if there was 4 of me playing the game I would easily succeed because I am really good at mmo’s. Its the fact that my team members can not play good and rage quit 7 days straight that makes AC suck and is why I left. PVE is so boring in Guild wars 2 , the only thing that kept me playing this game was the old AC, now its just plain boring. My blood does boil when playing this game but that is because its so much of waste of time.

I think the issue here is that this is just not your type of game.

If we were to speak opinions then mine would be that AC is fine and id rather not let it (or any gw2 content) be turned into your type of game.

laokoko.7403

I think the issue here is that this is just not your type of game.

If we were to speak opinions then mine would be that AC is fine and id rather not let it (or any gw2 content) be turned into your type of game.

I don’t know what’s with the my type and your type of the game.

The truth is if you actually do alot of dungeon, and is grouped with inexperienced people day after day, you get frustrated too.

And if you are an inexperienced people without people to carry you, you’ll probably be like the OP complaining about dungeon too hard.

AC isn’t hard if you just want the dungeon master title. The hard part is farming AC. It’s inefficient. Unless you are in a premade group of people. Which make everything so much easier.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: kitsuneKyo.6824

kitsuneKyo.6824

while I have do disagree with the OP completely there is still something utterly wrong with AC.

*it really needs to be more forgiving for learning players *

one of my various examples here is “The Patriarch”!

I gathered newer players, mostly lvl 35 with decent gear, and explained them everything and told myself “you’ll get them through ac, for whatever cost”

they did well through the most of the stuff and learned quicky. but when it came to the last part they very quickly lost interest and were frustrated.

i have to say they were doing their best. our guardian tried to kite the boss with his scepter while me and the others loaded the traps.

the problem was that the patriarch’s autoattack cleave has a way to high range, cripples AND does way too much damage. a poorly designed encounter so to say. when you expect one player to kite this thing and 4 others to load up traps you cant expect the kiting player to have constant vigor + dodge EVERY attack or get destroyed completely

if it’s planned or not: AC is the first explorable dungeon new players will ever experience.
these new players have to learn to dodge. when you tear them apart whenever they make a little mistake it just frustrates them and they quickly get tired of the game. you cant expect learning players to instantly know how to dodge every attack or otherwise oneshot them. thus AC, as lowest explo dungeon has to be adjusted to be more forgiving.

Lower the damage of the bossattacks drastically and make environmental stuff like traps or other things way more demanding. i love how you redesigned the AC encounters but having them almost oneshot everyone is just stupid.

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

I pug AC most days, I never request only level 80s or specific classes. We don’t have any major issues finishing it. (I ran it last week with a whole lot of WvWers in our guild who had never ventured into a dungeon before and we did all 3 paths with no issues at all)

There are a few bits people have issues with.

1. Some teams have some problems on the Spider bit, I think generally because they don’t run enough condition removal, or they don’t clear the small spiders out methodically (having all the Spiders jump the team at the same time as the Queen can be painful).
  2. A lot of teams don’t know the correct way to do the Hodkins room, after explaining we normally get it second try.
  3. Rumbulus is normally fine as long as I mark Grast and tell people to keep near him, keep him healed and fire off stability when he puts up the shield (so they don’t get knocked out of the bubble).
  4. I don’t find that teams have huge issues with the guns. However some People just don’t know how to dodge the large AoEs from Ghost Eater.

(edited by Ratty.5176)

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

the problem was that the patriarch’s autoattack cleave has a way to high range, cripples AND does way too much damage. a poorly designed encounter so to say. when you expect one player to kite this thing and 4 others to load up traps you cant expect the kiting player to have constant vigor + dodge EVERY attack or get destroyed completely

I remember failing in a PuG on that boss exactly for that reason. The ghostbuster thing wasn’t that great but we were managing it slowly. But once it was time to DPS the boss properly, he’d tear our melees apart with that autoattack. Often my warrior got hit three times in a single swing losing 75% of a full HP bar and getting a strong bleed covered by a long duration cripple. Such a pain! Remove the conditions, heal as you can, try to attack the boss, get hit AGAIN by that cleave attack while you were nearly perfectly in his back getting dropped to 5% HP with that bleed ticking again, covered and far too few condition removal to handle it.

I’m pretty sure I could have gone all ranged and slowly kill it but it sucks having to do so. ANet should never have created bosses that hurt melee that much and give all classes ranged weapons, it just gave them a free ride to create bad encounters.

Posted by: KamikazKid.4872

KamikazKid.4872

I played this dungeon before the changes & I liked it now I find it intolerable. Sure the burrows were kinda challenging, but it was fun. Since it was changed I’ve never had a party get through the spiders without getting downed, they went from insanely underpowered one shot mobs with a big easy to tank boss to stacking exponential poison dps.

Now Kohler is so powerful everyone skips him, that to me is the first clear indication the dungeon is broken, when people agree a boss mob is not worth their time. And then we have colossus rumblus, a knockback immediately followed by an insta-KO AOE! And the only thing you have to protect you is a stupid flimsy npc that doesn’t even heal himself yet throws himself headlong at the boss. ANET really shouldn’t do this & especially with them not implementing holy trinity so we can keep these npcs alive.

Then we have the ghost eater with this super gimmicky two man ghostbuster gun job, who can only be vulnerabled by these gimmicky charge ups, and he has regen. as well. I don’t enjoy the gimmicky world weapons, and having one with 2-man co-ordination on a boss fight is just too much for the first dungeon ever experienced by players.
Lastly, why is it that every graveling seems to have a knockdown now? That’s patently unfair when a player has maybe 2-3 counter abilities and dodge to face off against as many as 30 of the things at a time.

Anzor Anak – Guardian
Kwisatz Haderach – For the Toast!

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

The one thing that really annoys me about AC right now is how hard it is to get a team to run it sometimes, even in guild. Gaaahh… just another 40 tokens to get that weapon skin and im stuck! :p

Seriously though, I can understand that the level of coordination required can be challenging and i can concur that this is quite an uphill requirement for the FIRST dungeon, but i am having hard time seeing why Kohler is so hard that even some in my guild says fighting him without cave troll assist is suicide. We persuaded two such naysayer in our group once, (me and the remaining 2 are RL pals, so we usually run together) and after they made such declaration, my pals and I charged Kohler and we killed him. No fuss, no deaths.

tl;dr: i agree somethings are really challenging for first timers to dungeon, on the first dungeon, but i cant agree to kholer being nerfed though…

Posted by: KamikazKid.4872

KamikazKid.4872

I just fought Kohler last night & I think he has actually taken a nerf at some point, because he didn’t seem as hard as he was the last time I tried him. Then again it’s possible that they’ve just changed the order of abilities in his AI script. I got pulled a few times, but he didn’t insta-KO me like he used to. Watching him fight the cave troll is kinda awesome though, it’s like Godzilla vs Rodan or something.

Anzor Anak – Guardian
Kwisatz Haderach – For the Toast!

(edited by KamikazKid.4872)

Posted by: RedStar.4218

RedStar.4218

It’s been a while since Kohler was nerfed. It was when they changed AC.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

It’s funny that the changes to AC made it easier for teams who are coordinated and bring high-DPS setups and harder for PUGs who have neither of those. Perhaps they’re trying to send a message…

Retired. Too many casuals.

Ratty.5176

It’s funny that the changes to AC made it easier for teams who are coordinated and bring high-DPS setups and harder for PUGs who have neither of those. Perhaps they’re trying to send a message…

TBH. It made it easier for coordinated team, with or without DPS setups. However High-DPS teams can do it far faster. I think it’s a step in the right direction.

I feel what is still missing is pressure in fights. Full DPS teams work fine because they can avoid almost all the damage via a few well placed dodges on a lot of bosses. The bosses need more fast low damage attacks which act like player auto-attacks, this would mean the team would be rewarded for Healing/Toughness/Vitality as well as DPS. It shouldn’t be a case that players are either up or dead with nothing much in between. If you look at some of the better fights in the game they have this, in the Grawl Shamen fight, you have a lot of fast lava elemental ranged attacks to heal or mitigate as well as the big attacks from the boss.

Control also needs more effect in fights. I would love to see defiant numbers lowered, and certain effects moved off defiant, like dazes. but it would need some looking at as certain Controls can have very low cooldowns.

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Control also needs more effect in fights. I would love to see defiant numbers lowered, and certain effects moved off defiant, like dazes. but it would need some looking at as certain Controls can have very low cooldowns.

Yes Defiant needs to be changed. At the moment this thing makes control nearly useless. There is only one control effect that ignores this thing. It’s the petrified effect which only the thief can use. Yes the thief is the only one who can ignore defiant.

Instead of giving all bosses immunity to ALL control effect, give them controll immunities that are logical, like the bigger bosses can’t be knocked but dazed and feared and smaller ones can be knocked but have an immunity to fear. Or make defiant a timed buff instead of a stacked buff.
So you can still use control skills efficently wihtout making them overpowered

Ratty.5176

Yes Defiant needs to be changed. At the moment this thing makes control nearly useless. There is only one control effect that ignores this thing. It’s the petrified effect which only the thief can use. Yes the thief is the only one who can ignore defiant.

Instead of giving all bosses immunity to ALL control effect, give them controll immunities that are logical, like the bigger bosses can’t be knocked but dazed and feared and smaller ones can be knocked but have an immunity to fear. Or make defiant a timed buff instead of a stacked buff.
So you can still use control skills efficently wihtout making them overpowered

tbh I’m not even sure it’s the concept of defiant that is the issue.. It’s the number of stacks of defiant mobs get and how little effect controls actually have if you ever get them through.

Except a couple of the Bounty bosses, there is nothing to be gained by co-ordinating controls to wear it down, (look at Sootz for an example of a boss that you need to think about defiance. He needs to be knocked out of a Alchohol field so you can do damage to him, so you have to get him down to 0 defiance with CCs so your Warrior can knock him back).

It would also be quite cool if their were Defiance drain skills, eg Air – Sceptre on the ele, could drain ticks of Defiance as you channel it, which means that your Necro can get his effects off more often.

At the moment the only way to control a lot of bosses is just to lead them around like you have a carrot on a stick. And the few times where CC is useful it’s trivialized eg FotM Dredge boss, if you fail to get the fire shield placed on him and he can start to heal and you can stop him healing up with an interrupt, Great, but the only time you see this is if you fail to get the shield on him. I would love at Fractal 50+ he could heal even if the fire shield is on him, so you have to use CC along with leading him, pulling levers and doing damage.

(edited by Ratty.5176)

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

So WHAT actually changed in the Updates to it?? Can any bullet-point some specifics??

There really needs to be some intermediate Dungeon added that will prepare people for AC’s paths… And wasn’t the Storylines in dungeons supposed to “Equip us” with stuff to make the Explorables easier?? I remember the Devs saying something about that being something they were definitely going to add…

Posted by: unknowable.8470

unknowable.8470

Pft AC is EASY and if you are experienced lead the pug… kitten … r_r

I swear people are so used to their glass cannon builds and exploiting mechanics that they have forgotten how to play the game straight. And frankly if you are joining a pug you need to forgo glass cannon builds 90% of the time…

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

For being the lowest level dungeon, AC is way out of whack. Yes there are little tricks you can do to make it easier, but that’s not how the very first dungeon should be for players. It should be challenging but not stupid, which is what AC has turned into.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

unknowable.8470

Hmmm? Story mode AC is easy, all explorables should be aimed at 80’s I think.

I don’t use any tricks in my run’s of dungeons unless they are broken and ac needs no tricks… Heck I don’t even stack and don’t skip if the party will allow it… God I hate skipping kholer it is a loss of 30silver ever time for what is essentially a fairly easy fight.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

AC is fine. I know some people hate when this is said but it’s basically a learn to play.

Posted by: Cavendish.2168

Cavendish.2168

Thing about AC is thakittens really really hard for 5 random people who arent on the same page, and really really easy for 5 people who are coordinated their strategy.

Also, exp path 2 sucks.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Then why were we always getting Mail in the game telling us to report right back there again for explorable mode after the story mode was completed?

IMO: the problem is that lower level Gear doesn’t Scale up to these things like it should. Anyone can do some number crunching and see a HUGE disparity in DPS output between maxed out 80’s, and maxes out 40’s. There’s more than a couple DPS-checks in several of these dungeons that someone @ 60 or below is simply NOT GOING TO PASS. And it’s not b/c they’re inexperienced or baddies, it’s b/c the Devs didn’t crunch the numbers right and figure out that lower level players need to be boosted up to that level 80 performance curve just like level 10’s were in EOTN.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Why are low level players doing explorables when the loot from tokens are for level 80’s? By the time you get enough tokens for all of the level 35 rares, they’ll already be obsolete.

There’s going to be a disparity because level 80 players have all of those traits and trait points.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Why are low level players doing explorables when the loot from tokens are for level 80’s? By the time you get enough tokens for all of the level 35 rares, they’ll already be obsolete.

There’s going to be a disparity because level 80 players have all of those traits and trait points.

A better question might be: since the token rewards are aimed at level 80’s, why were the explorables set at various levels, beginning at 35? One answer might be, “Because players from other games would have an expectation for dungeon content at various points during leveling.” Another might be, “By the time I get to 80 I could have enough tokens for a full armor set and weapons.”

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I love the new AC. Can’t wait til the rest of the explorable dungeon paths get the same once over from the developers.

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

You cant play dungeon at lvl 35 like you would at 80. At leavel a 80 you can just blow by things. At lower lvls you need to take you time. I see nothing wrong with doing a dungeon like ac and taking a hour or 2 to do it. Yes if you want to grind you need to do it faster. But at lower levels you should be enjoying the journey not just speed running.

When every I have done a dungeon for the first time i like taking people who haven’t done it. Figuring it out is part of the fun.

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

laokoko.7403

They changed something to downscaling a while ago, so there isn’t too much power difference between a low level and a max level character.

But more than anything, I think experience does matter.

unknowable.8470

Thing about AC is thakittens really really hard for 5 random people who arent on the same page, and really really easy for 5 people who are coordinated their strategy.

Also, exp path 2 sucks.

AHAHAHAHAHA, considering most of my AC runs are in pugs and I happily have lead party’s of 60’s. 70’s and 40’s through on occasion this is simply not true, it WILL take a lot of effort if they aren’t working under an experienced leader but aslong as people aren’t tools the party goes fine. Better odds than with “zerker” 80’s actually, ofcourse you get the occasional zerker player that can play but the good ones usually have co-ordinated groups and the others are just liabilities 70% of the time.

Then why were we always getting Mail in the game telling us to report right back there again for explorable mode after the story mode was completed?

IMO: the problem is that lower level Gear doesn’t Scale up to these things like it should. Anyone can do some number crunching and see a HUGE disparity in DPS output between maxed out 80’s, and maxes out 40’s. There’s more than a couple DPS-checks in several of these dungeons that someone @ 60 or below is simply NOT GOING TO PASS. And it’s not b/c they’re inexperienced or baddies, it’s b/c the Devs didn’t crunch the numbers right and figure out that lower level players need to be boosted up to that level 80 performance curve just like level 10’s were in EOTN.

I said “all stories should be aimed at 80’s I think” operative words here are should and I think, the rewards are mostly aimed at 80’s and they are doable by lower levels (heck I do them with lower levels to help with my leveling to 50 at which time I just craft to 80 now).

Traits are equipment combos aren’t there to be competitive with 80’s though and anyone saying a 40 will do as well as an 80 in a dungeon either cannot create a well built 80 or don’t know what they are talking about.

This said they CAN do it, do do it and AC explorable is EXACTLY what we need gameplay wise (ofcourse there is yet again more that needs adding to the game yet but these are the right changes)

Oh and mandatory DPS check??? Where? I can only think of the burrows in path 1 that require a dps check and that can be easily filled by an ele with frost bow at 40.

Ratty.5176

Oh and mandatory DPS check??? Where? I can only think of the burrows in path 1 that require a dps check and that can be easily filled by an ele with frost bow at 40.

Even that isn’t a DPS check. I’ve done it with about the worse group comps you can get for killing burrows. It’s just about the order of burrows and kiting efficiently. I wrote a really long guide on it in one of these threads.

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

Usually I run AC in 30 mins with my guild veteran players even if we use our new secondary characters (lv 40-70 well equipped)…
Yesterday I tried path 1 with my boyfriend (expert player), one “not very good” player and 2 new players with their main character (one was lv 50 and it was his first dungeon).
After 1 hour and 3 wipes at Kholer + 2 wipes at the burrows I decided to give up (because I understood this team couldn’t do this dungeon… at least in a reasonable time). 2 good players aren’t enough to compensate 3 inexperienced players.
This is the first dungeon a new player is going to try and I think it can be shocking for them. It can be incredibly easy with expert players and it can be impossible with new ones.
Trust me… the devs could try to run this dungeon with every team (level and class) with success because they know what they are doing: when it’s time to dodge, using the right utilities at the right moment, how to rally, how to position, etc. They can’t emulate the inexperience of new players who started the game a few days ago and don’t really know yet how to dodge, which utilities are the best, and all the small tricks which make the difference… This dungeon it’s not an easy approach to team-play for them at all!

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

unknowable.8470

As I said though, I have run it pretty much exclusively with pugs and lacklustre players and barely ever had an issue.

I really think having players being forced to learn how to dodge, to stay out of the red circles and to time their ability uses and not just spam as early as possible is better.

Infact if I had my way we would have had much harder base pve content.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Trust me… the devs could try to run this dungeon with every team (level and class) with success because they know what they are doing: when it’s time to dodge, using the right utilities at the right moment, how to rally, how to position, etc. They can’t emulate the inexperience of new players who started the game a few days ago and don’t really know yet how to dodge, which utilities are the best, and all the small tricks which make the difference… This dungeon it’s not an easy approach to team-play for them at all!

I am sure in many games, developers have accessed to some command scripts that could make them like God.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Posted by: Iconik.8712

Iconik.8712

Paths 1 and 3 are laughable. They need buffed. Actually, all dungeons need buffs imo. But P2 is a heck of a rough time.

Oh Hey Girl – Troll Thief Extraordinaire Tarnished Coast – www.twitch.tv/iconikk