For Gods sake....

For Gods sake....

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

Can we PLEASE fix the final fractal rolls so Mia Trin isnt the one rolled 99.99999999999% of the kittening time?!?!?!

For Gods sake....

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

I like Mai Trin.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

For Gods sake....

CorrynnStarr.7942

I dont mind her either, but when you eat ice cream all day everyday for years… you get kinda tired of doing it and want to eat something else for once…

For Gods sake....

Posted by: Meryn.6875

Meryn.6875

Just bad luck I guess, havent rolled her in at least 10 runs

For Gods sake....

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

We actually started tracking which boss fractal we got on the drop spreadsheet we maintain.

For the last 121 tracked runs:
Mai Trin: 36 (29.75%)
Jade Maw: 48 (39.67%)
Molten Duo: 37 (30.58%)

We’ll continue to track as the results will be better since our number of runs with the boss fractal tracked is a bit low still.

Link here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av4NvDVKEaOzdHJPaTlsRU5LeEJWN3hodklXWGFCU1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

For Gods sake....

CorrynnStarr.7942

I must have terrible luck then…honestly its more like 70% atm, but I seem to get her a hell of a lot more then any of the other boss events. anyone know what makes the determining factor on what boss you get? is it combined group chance, instance owners roll?

For Gods sake....

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

I don’t think anybody knows. If we did, everybody would just go for Molten Duo. Ideally, it would just be equal chance between the three so once our numbers get up to around 1000 or so, the numbers should start to settle to 33.3% for each.

For Gods sake....

Posted by: manarchon.2089

manarchon.2089

I love the psycho kitten. Especially when that annoying kitten finally dies.

For Gods sake....

Posted by: cocowoushi.7150

cocowoushi.7150

I’d take Mai over Jade Maw any day.

For Gods sake....

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

I hate mai trin, but only because pugs seem to have problems with her. jade maw is so easy. molton duo is so easy. we need new ones, honestly..

dhuum, urgoz, and that demon from the deep?

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

For Gods sake....

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

I don’t mind mai trin, but god forbid you lag for half a second during canon phase. Don’t forget she has to stay 2 years in lightning aoe on lvl50 to remove 1 shield stack.

But as coco said, i would take her over jade maw anytime.

For Gods sake....

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I hate mai trin, but only because pugs seem to have problems with her. jade maw is so easy. molton duo is so easy. we need new ones, honestly..

Kanaxai.
Yeah, and perhaps even Cthulhu and queen Elizabeth as endbosses. C’mon anet is never gonna make those elite zones into fractuls. They’re way too cool.

For Gods sake....

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Yeah, now try doing molten duo with a pug that can’t optimize.

I’ll take mai trin any day over molten duo with a pug. Molten duo gets exponentially harder the longer the fight lags so bad dps will hurt you far more.

Not to mention the stupid invisible aoe circles of death that hit you from nowhere.

For Gods sake....

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Mai Trin is not picked more often than the other two, it’s a 33% chance, in the long run it will pop 1 out of 3 times on average.

For Gods sake....

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

Sorry OP its about 1 in 3 your just unlucky. Sadly with my group we prefer her over maw for one reason the time. molten dou for sure is the fastest boss. with an ele using focus builds u can use obsidian flesh to tank her in lightning field to strip her shield.

For Gods sake....

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

Yeah, now try doing molten duo with a pug that can’t optimize.

I’ll take mai trin any day over molten duo with a pug. Molten duo gets exponentially harder the longer the fight lags so bad dps will hurt you far more.

Not to mention the stupid invisible aoe circles of death that hit you from nowhere.

Anet needs to fix that invis aoe/sunken. What happens is he shoots the aoe underneath floor, so no animation is present but the effects are still there. Happened to me today on my 50. Also bad pugs with terrible Phiw builds ugh…. make you lose faith in Tyria XD

For Gods sake....

CorrynnStarr.7942

cmon guys, there are still a lot of players that are learning how to do 50’s and the higher content. Not everyone can be an expert in 50 runs…. Just because they dont adhere to your particular brand of what should be, doesnt mean they cant get the job done. Case and point, a guard friend and I went into a lvl 40 that required you to ping your bers gear… so we both pinged a set of berserk gear and wore an identical set of PVT gear for the entire fractal with no consequences… its all about the player, not what stat you rock.

For Gods sake....

Posted by: KaosNinja.4967

KaosNinja.4967

just wait until HoT. they already said it’d have more fractals, so hopefully it’ll come with more 4th fractals and we can have a more randomized roll for “who bends us over this time”

For Gods sake....

Posted by: araskell.9018

araskell.9018

Where did Anet say that we are getting more fractals?
The only thing I know that is fractal related is that we are getting Fractal Masteries, but these doesn’t imply in new fractals or have I missed something?

Lunas Deathwish | FA WvW – [BOMB]

For Gods sake....

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

They said if they are adding more content it will probably be in the form of fractals as designing a whole dungeon path like aether was too much work.

For Gods sake....

araskell.9018

Oh, that’s nice to hear. Could you provide a source for that, please? Thanks!

For Gods sake....

SlyDevil.3952

For Gods sake....

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

They said if they are adding more content it will probably be in the form of fractals as designing a whole dungeon path like aether was too much work.

Then they said that no new fractals/dungeons are coming with HoT, they’re looking at alternatives for the “challenging group content”.

But, yeah, I actually agree with the idea of not doing new dungeons, especially not custom maps. Seems silly to waste resources like that when at the heart of dungeons it’s the fights and encounters not a pretty new place. While I like pretty new places, I’d be even happier if they just took Glint’s Lair and made it into a worthwhile fun instance. And/Or, cut out the Silverwastes maze and make it into a dungeon with shifting wrong turns and dead ends and bosses that track you and all that kind of stuff.

But yeah… why waste my time dreaming?

For Gods sake....

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Oh, that’s nice to hear. Could you provide a source for that, please? Thanks!

It’s not as nice as you might think, once you hear it in context. Watch the video and brace yourself.

BTW, they never confirmed new fractals for HoT, that’s just speculation at this point.

For Gods sake....

araskell.9018

Firstly, thanks for the video!
Secondly, what I understand from the interview, is that if something new is comming, it’s gonna be in form of fractals? Well, I’m kind of ok with that as I like fractals more than dungeons, but as you said, nothing is confirmed and it could take quite a while before they add something new.

For Gods sake....

Posted by: EiLrahc.8076

EiLrahc.8076

Thing to note, the video and forum thread are 9 months ago (Aug 2014) – which was way before the HoT announcement in Jan 2015.

(edited by EiLrahc.8076)

For Gods sake....

SlyDevil.3952

Thing to note, the video and forum thread are 9 months ago (Aug 2014) – which was way before the HoT announcement in Jan 2015.

As Jerus mentioned, they have given us a vague “challenging group content” for HoT. They did leave a comment to a forum thread that update world bosses like wyvern are not what they meant, but still vague comments, I’d suggest waiting a month to see if any of their weekly releases are about the group content, as well as seeing when they decided to release the news of updated AI that they’ve been working on.

For Gods sake....

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The probability of getting one fractal is tied to what other fractals you did leading up to it, right? So let’s say you roll swamp as the first one every time. Then it might mean you get more chance of Mai Trin at the end.

Anyone done any research on this?

For Gods sake....

SlyDevil.3952

Fractals are organized into groups.

You have Aquatic Ruins, Swampland, Urban Battlegrounds, Uncategorized on the first tier. On first tier you randomly roll 1 of the 4.
Then you hit tier 2, which includes Uncategorized, Snowblind, Urban Battlegrounds, Molten Furnace, Cliffside. You again roll 1 of the 5, however you can not roll a fractal twice, so Urban Battlegrounds can’t be done on the 2nd tier, if you did it first tier.
Then tier 3, Aetherblade, Volcanic, Thaumanova Reactor, Underground Facility, Cliffside. Again, fractals can not be repeated by a group within a single instance.
And last boss tier, Solid Ocean Fractal, Molten Boss Fractal or Captain Mai Trin Boss Fractal.

So yes, in a way the previous fractal affects what you get later. But only in that it eliminates certain possibilties. Not affects the probability of other fractals.

For Gods sake....

CorrynnStarr.7942

You know… you could be on to something….. We DID roll a swamp almost every time the end fight ends up being Mia Trin. But I cant forgo that conclusion as solid, as we have also started out in the underwater fractal and ended up at Mia Trin as well. The latter was definitely less often though for sure.

For Gods sake....

SlyDevil.3952

I spent 5 months getting mai trin as my 50 roll(first swamp) when I was in DnT. I think we can safely assume I’m an outlier though.

For Gods sake....

Posted by: Fancypants.9705

Fancypants.9705

That would be coll if that added these guys including Kanaxai, but not into Fractals, much rather have them in their owns dungeons.