FotM: Colossus broken

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Acheron.5193

Acheron.5193

Hi.

I realize the bug regarding the hammer dropping after someone dies in an unfortunate place and thereafter not re-appearing was fixed with the Sep 9 patch.

However, it’s worse now; At least it was as of ~15 hours ago. The hammer was picked up, and could not be dropped anymore. Once the stacks went up and killed the person carrying it, the hammer disappeared just like in the previous bug that was “fixed” with the other day’s patch.

We haven’t been to FotM since, because it’s silly to waste time just to have to restart every time you roll Colossus. At least before, if you were careful you could avoid glitching it.

I’m hoping this was a singular issue/bug, or a freak of nature, but if not… FotM is basically broken.

Best Regards

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

I’ve had this happen only once before and that was only with my engineer. Problem occurred when I had the hammer in my hands and accidentally swapped to a kit, timer still kept ticking but I couldn’t drop it and died at 40 stacks. But after this we were able to get it back by suiciding and respawning.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

I’ve had this happen only once before and that was only with my engineer. Problem occurred when I had the hammer in my hands and accidentally swapped to a kit, timer still kept ticking but I couldn’t drop it and died at 40 stacks. But after this we were able to get it back by suiciding and respawning.

This is an engineer specific thing that happens with a lot of bundles. For example you can lose the ooze orb in arah p1 by swapping utility. It seems to have something to do with internal cooldowns but I’m not sure.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

This is an engineer specific thing that happens with a lot of bundles. For example you can lose the ooze orb in arah p1 by swapping utility. It seems to have something to do with internal cooldowns but I’m not sure.

Only kits cause this. You can freely swap gadgets, turrets and elixirs around when holding bundles but swapping a kit to a different utility does this. Swapping from a turret to a kit is fine but if you swap that kit back to something else it bugs out.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Only kits cause this. You can freely swap gadgets, turrets and elixirs around when holding bundles but swapping a kit to a different utility does this. Swapping from a turret to a kit is fine but if you swap that kit back to something else it bugs out.

The case I described above occured when i swapped from elixir s(after using toolbelt) to slick shoes to run with the orb faster. Hence why I thought it had to do with cooldowns.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Well, at least this time we can pinpoint the cause more quickly. >.< You’ve reported this new bug, yeah?