FotM smells like A.net version of Raiding !

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Latinkuro.9420

Latinkuro.9420

Fractal of the Mists is an infinite never ending dungeon that becomes more difficult with better rewards the deeper in you progress.

Sounds an awful lot like raiding, and here follows why.

Translation:
Nov 15th 3 pieces of ascended gear, agony mechanic and infusion slots are introduced, essentially limiting how far down in difficulty you can go, Welcome to T1 raiding.

Dec. 2 more pieces of ascended gear are introduced enabling players to add more agony protection and by definition allowing you to go deeper into the dungeon in difficulty and as such reap better rewards, welcome to T2 raiding.

Every month or two, 1 or 2 new pieces of ascended gear are introduced, welcome to T3-T6 raiding.

couple of months later, new dungeon with new mechanics rinse and repeat above steps, welcome to Guild Wars version of Raid progression.

It is for sure an interesting Raid concept, I’ve never been a Raider before but this sounds much better than any raiding I’ve ever heard of before.

Disclaimer:
I haven’t really made up my mind about ascended gear yet, I’m more of the let’s wait, try it and see kind of person, who knows it might be just what we need and just don’t know it.

(edited by Latinkuro.9420)

Posted by: Mexxer.5096

Mexxer.5096

not many people are embracing this change and I can see why. Sorry to say, but I don’t see Arenanet changing the update just because the forum community disagrees with it :/

but needless to say, you do make a valid point lol

Posted by: Antics.6723

Antics.6723

The dungeon is obviously for people who like a sense of gear progression yet it doesn’t take away from any other part of the game.

Plus this makes raids look like kitten.

(edited by Antics.6723)

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

It does sound like raiding. I suppose it’s nice that there doesn’t seem to be a lockout timer?

That said, I really don’t care as long as I can get the same strength gear in the same amount of time by doing what I want to do. I’m sure as kitten no raider.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

Latinkuro.9420

not many people are embracing this change and I can see why. Sorry to say, but I don’t see Arenanet changing the update just because the forum community disagrees with it :/

but needless to say, you do make a valid point lol

I haven’t really made up my mind about ascended gear yet, I’m more of the let’s wait try it and see kind of person, who knows it might be just what we need and just don’t know it.

I just thought it was an interesting point to bring to the table.

Posted by: Zinwrath.2049

Zinwrath.2049

They also suggested 200 new recipe’s etc….i wonder if there might be “while expencive” other means to aquire this new end game armor via tradeskill/mystic forge.

Latinkuro.9420

They also suggested 200 new recipe’s etc….i wonder if there might be “while expencive” other means to aquire this new end game armor via tradeskill/mystic forge.

I suspect jewelers will make a killer profit in this patch !