Fractal Encryption Key 5-Packs gone?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: GibBits.6504

GibBits.6504

As of today’s (January 26) patch, the 5-packs of Fractal Encryption Keys are missing from the vendor golem in the Laboratory. We can only buy them 1 at a time now. Is this a bug or an intended change? This is a ridiculous amount of extra clicking for no reason at all.

Posted by: Mesona.5293

Mesona.5293

Yeah, please tell me this was an accident.

Posted by: Mesona.5293

Mesona.5293

Yeah, please tell me this was an accident.

Posted by: rodadams.5963

rodadams.5963

And really…. do we have to confirm each and every purchase?
We went from 6 clicks to 60.

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

Yeah I was surprised to see this as well. Pretty rare that QoL things get removed.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

That confirmation button is also totally unnecessary. The hell? Hotfix please.

Posted by: garganor.9824

garganor.9824

To the top
/15 Chars

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Was surprised by this as well. Can’t see any reasonable explanation for removing it, so i must assume that either it’s a bug, or someone messed up really bad.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I think this was an accident. I’ll follow-up with them on it.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

I’m perfectly okay with them removing this, but please add another checkbox where we can choose the quantity we buy at the same time. Boom, problem solved.

GibBits.6504

That’s just not going to happen. People have been begging for that functionality forever because of things like Obsidian Shards and Icy Runestones. Instead, they just added buy-in-bulk quantities.

Why the 5-packs of keys disappeared is stupefying, but they should be reinstated.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey all!

The removal of the ability to purchase 5 Fractal Encryption Keys at a time is a bug; it was not incorporated as an intended design change. This is not something we will address with a hotfix related to the January 26th build, but the issue will be corrected with our next release. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Just another thing to contribute to athritis. :>

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Can you also introducr a 3o keys selling option?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Rising Dusk.2408

Thanks for the update, Gaile! You got the response out to us before I even had a chance to email the team!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Does it mean 3 months waiting for a little bug fix?

Posted by: Kam.4092

Kam.4092

Hey all!

The removal of the ability to purchase 5 Fractal Encryption Keys at a time is a bug; it was not incorporated as an intended design change. This is not something we will address with a hotfix related to the January 26th build, but the issue will be corrected with our next release. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Next release of what?

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

heuhueuheuhuheuheuheheuhehe

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Of course. You expected anything else?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Senario.2038

Senario.2038

Hey all!

Are you serious? Three whole months of this instead of just fixing it? That is a new level of slow response.

Posted by: DocRimpel.5280

DocRimpel.5280

Can you also introducr a 3o keys selling option?

+1. tho perhaps the option should be to purchase the number of keys remaining in the current price tier. so initially it would be to buy 30, but if you have already bought 1 it shows 29 etc.

And we shouldn’t have to wait 3 months to fix a bug ‘accidentally’ introduced in a release. By definition that is what a hotfix is for.

Rising Dusk.2408

I don’t know where anyone is getting the idea that it is 3 months out. It’s not. It’s just going to have to wait until the next major release, which is only a few weeks out for the removal of Lunar New Year.

Posted by: Rhyav.4812

Rhyav.4812

I’m pretty sure he meant patch release, not seasonal patch, so this only means a week or two weeks… hopefully.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

The next release is two weeks after the previous one, so we have to wait one and a half more weeks. The 9th of February, when the Lunar New Year event ends.

I’m assuming there was some sort of issue/exploit relating to the Envelopes, which were also able to be purchased in group sets originally but have since been disabled.

Posted by: pranker.3748

pranker.3748

Will be fixed with the next expansion. Same as with fotm leaderboards

[qT] Quantify – Hardcore PvE Guild

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I insist that what we need is not more bulk purchases, but a spinner, so we can pick the amount we want to buy all at once.

Bring back purchases of 5 at a time, you still need to click many times. Add a spinner, you input “30”, and buy 30 at once.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

I insist that what we need is not more bulk purchases, but a spinner, so we can pick the amount we want to buy all at once.

Bring back purchases of 5 at a time, you still need to click many times. Add a spinner, you input “30”, and buy 30 at once.

That would be great, until the first round of support tickets hit the desk for the people who accidently bought 55 instead of 5, or 200 instead of 20, and Anet removes it. Then we’re all reminded of why we can’t have nice things. :/

Zelendel

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

That would be great, until the first round of support tickets hit the desk for the people who accidently bought 55 instead of 5, or 200 instead of 20, and Anet removes it. Then we’re all reminded of why we can’t have nice things. :/

That’s what confirmation messages are for.

You press Accept, it’s on you.

We can’t have thousands of players destroying their fingers because a few won’t read a textbox message.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

Hey all!

Are you serious?

No, I’m Serious, she is Gaile Gray. I know it’s difficult for some to tell us apart but we are entirely different people :P

It will be fixed when it is fixed. This isn’t exactly the most important bug fix in the game and at least you can still buy the keys.

GibBits.6504

The fix wasn’t included in today’s release…

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Just wanted you to know that I’m following up on this fix. I also believed that it would roll on February 9th and GibBits points out—and I’m pretty sure that the lack of mention in the notes for February 9th confirms—that the fix wasn’t introduced. Which means it’ll be good to know when it’s slated to get fixed.

I’ll update as soon as I have the info. Thanks for your patience.

On a personal note, I wish I hadn’t read through the notes because, with the addition or reintroduction of mewing, I have discovered that I now require every bloomin’ kitty in the game!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

GibBits.6504

Thanks for the follow-up, Gaile! Single key purchases are just really annoying more than anything else.

Regarding Mewing: My girlfriend is in the same boat. You aren’t alone!

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

I know you are following this thread and are pushing for the fix, but a hotfix on a simple issue takes this long? This situation is really underwhelming.

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I know you are following this thread and are pushing for the fix, but a hotfix on a simple issue takes this long? This situation is really underwhelming.

Just get a popular streamer to whine about it. It will get fixed faster :P

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Followed up on this today. I’ve seen discussion in my e-mail thread, but I’m hoping we’ll have a more defined date for this. Mind you, it’s not something that’s going to severely impact your ability to play the game. Meaning, this is an inconvenience and not a game-breaking bug. But we do intend to fix this, and I’ll see if we can get an anticipated fix date.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Velho.7123

Velho.7123

Considering the fix is being worked on, but hasn’t been worked on, how about this suggestion. Since the key is dirt cheap to get, removing the confirmation prompt would be a step forward, and being able to buy all the 30 keys or remaining discounted keys at each discounted price in one click would be amazing.

On a side note, to Gaile, each of your replies refills our hope tank, so thanks for the continued feedback

Matt [LOD]
Guardian main since launch

Posted by: DrMORO.4627

DrMORO.4627

Considering the fix is being worked on, but hasn’t been worked on, how about this suggestion. Since the key is dirt cheap to get, removing the confirmation prompt would be a step forward, and being able to buy all the 30 keys or remaining discounted keys at each discounted price in one click would be amazing.

Great idea! The prompt is not needed.

On a side note, to Gaile, each of your replies refills our hope tank, so thanks for the continued feedback

TY Gaile!

Previous

Gaile Gray

More info for you: This is actually a more complicated issue that one might suspect when looking at it on the surface. There are multiple vendors in various locations, and each needs to be incorporated into the change.

But… we hope to have this fully integrated into testing mode (all vendors, all locations) in the next few days, and then, once verified, we’ll roll out a fix in the next reasonable build.

Hang in there, key buyers! We (nearly) have you covered!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

you can buy keys from a vendor besides the 1 in the fractal lobby? :o where?

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

you can buy keys from a vendor besides the 1 in the fractal lobby? :o where?

Probably not. I think it has to do with all NPCs that sell items in bulk, e.g. the New Year envelopes were buyable in 1, 5, and 10 last year. This year you could only buy in 1 (which is the same bug as the fractal vendor, only buy in 1).

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

So, the next big release is out and we still have to klick every key.
Any news? ^^

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

TexZero.7910

Any news? ^^

This isn’t a big release. This is a very small one by there standards. Just bug fixes and PvP season.

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Any news? ^^

This isn’t a big release. This is a very small one by there standards. Just bug fixes and PvP season.

Doesn’t change the fact that this topic is one month old.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

TexZero.7910

Any news? ^^

Doesn’t change the fact that this topic is one month old.

Sure, but nothing changed priority wise for this.

We can have a fancy new option for compact UI done overnight, but we cant have a scroll option to by keys.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Just bug fixes and PvP season.

I would rather say they have implemented new bugs. ^^

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

It’s a giant game with unavoidable bugs. The people developing and making the game you enjoy can’t knock out every random error before game testers or players even find it. When it is found it’s joining a massive list of other things to work on, not only bugs, such as 10 man raid LFG UI. So it’s obviously not a simple fix from the information Gaile has provided, and it’s simply not something that needs an immediate fix.

So I’m just repeating what’s been said a bit, but I don’t like it when people are being negative about an addressed issue. It just feels like pushing someone down for being on the ground as they try and get up.

Strange bully analogies and me probably making the problem I badly addressed and most likely made worse aside I’m glad it’ll eventually he fixed. They could of just said no we think this’ll get more new players into fractals as they won’t feel they’ll make a mistake buying keys.

I’ve recently finished 21-50 core fractals and have been doing adept, veteran, and champion dailies daily. So the issue has affected me quite a bit as I get more and more encryptions from the higher level fractals as I do 51-75. Side note: I somehow got Cliffside done again immediately. Only one more evil Cliffside to go T^T. So even though I’ve been doing fractals so often I don’t think it’s that horrible since most people are there for the daily and the daily chests give a good chunk of keys.

P.S. Can emoticons be used as punctuation or is it too confusing?

(edited by MoarChaos.8320)

Posted by: Random Weird Guy.3528

Random Weird Guy.3528

Can we please have back the option to buy 10 discounted fractal keys at once? It’s not only extremely inconvenient having to click this so many times every day, it can also contribute to RSI.

Random Engineering // Trixxti // Random Noises (worst thief eu)
Svanir Appreciation Society [SAS]

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

They did say at some point that it was a bug, not an intended change. I’m surprised it’s still acting that way. My own fractalling has stopped because my friends that ran them are off in other games for now.

edit: Now that we are merged, it’s in Gaile’s post above.

(edited by Donari.5237)

GibBits.6504

Is there any news on this getting fixed?

I ask because it’s not listed anywhere on the Known Issue Tracker

I really hope this hasn’t fallen through the cracks.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Still broken.

15 60 unnecessary clicks.