Fractal Rewards now ?

Fractal Rewards now ?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Merrex.5384

Merrex.5384

So If I understand everything correctly the reward buff was for the Daily chests only ?

If so then there is no point to doing anything other than the quickest possible paths to completing your Daily fractals .

Also there are daily chests for 1-20 and 21-50 why not 51-75 ? and 76-100 ? That is how the LFG tool progression is set up.

I hope that the high level fractals give more rewards otherwise no one will do them.
You have to put forth a lot of effort just to get your Agony Resist up high enough just to do them plus everything get so much harder at the higher level fractals.
I guess its a question of Risk vs Reward !

It is still unclear if they mean all chest in fractals were buffed or just the daily chests.

If anyone out there has feedback on the higher tier fractal Rewards I would love to know I myself am only at personal level 80 right now trying to decide if its worth it to go higher.

Fractal Rewards now ?

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

I saved a bunch of chests and encryptions from before. I can say the encryptions definitely give more gold. Otherwise, I haven’t seen much buff in that department.

As for the actual rewards from the end chest of each fractal, there’s a good amount of xp (I got like 400k for doing a lvl 76). But otherwise loot doesnt seem to have changed… and people are gonna finish masteries fast (I’m alrdy at lvl 2 of Pact Com and done with the others), so idk if that’s really gonna do anything to keep people coming to fractals long term.

Frankly, I don’t think they did much of anything to solve the problem. As you said, people still basically just encouraged to just do dailies as fast as possible. Yeah, a dredge gives more xp than swamp (I only got 100k for lvl 77), but again, people aren’t gonna care about xp for long.

Fractal Rewards now ?

Posted by: ZachAttack.3957

ZachAttack.3957

Fractal rewards are much better at higher levels due to the almost complete restoration of the ascended drop rates that were seen before the HoT patch. Encryptions are definitely WAY more profitable now, with higher gold values on the junk items, as well as a way higher chance to get better junk items. The exp is really nice for masteries, as I have no where near enough complete due to how many fractals I ran that gave no exp before this patch. Overall I am really happy with how the rewards have played out, and while it doesn’t fix the issues with fractals as a whole, it is definitely a step in the right directions. And supposedly the fractal bosses at level 51-100 have their toughness and health scale less aggressively- that’s good too!

Fractal Rewards now ?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Here some info of the Daily Fractal drop

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18IHVJao5j85KOp6lBTOgO8qs4VYD3Xty-jKPZo8o-Q4/pubhtml

Like they said. Pretty much all the drop are the same. The change daily 1 to 50 are too small to see with only around 1 thousand chest, but it’s mostly the daily 51-100 that got boosted in Ascended Armor and Weapons box.

As for encryption. I had 700 Keys and Encryptions ready that I tested yesterday. If you buy key at 20 Silver each (30 per day), you get a profit of around 25-26 silver per encryptions. It’s the direct profit you gain from each encryption. So as long a an encryption won’t sell for 29+ silver on the TP, it’s better to buy key at 20 silvers and to open them.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Fractal Rewards now ?

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

So it is only the dailies then? if so there’s still zero reason to do the highest level fractals cuz there are no 75+ dailies

Fractal Rewards now ?

Thaddeus.4891

So it is only the dailies then? if so there’s still zero reason to do the highest level fractals cuz there are no 75+ dailies

Well I guess the chest at the end of each fractal give a bit more reward, but I highly highly doudt it will be worth it. So ya they fixed some stuff, but once you reach level 100 once there is not reason to do them again.

Fractal Rewards now ?

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

I’m pretty disappointed. I guess I’m forced to craft ascended armor and weapons if I want to continue in fractals and that is just not worth it. I opened about 20 days worth of daily boxes (40 regular, 20 adept, 20 of the middle tier) and got nothing. GG and bye bye.

Fractal Rewards now ?

Thaddeus.4891

I’m pretty disappointed. I guess I’m forced to craft ascended armor and weapons if I want to continue in fractals and that is just not worth it. I opened about 20 days worth of daily boxes (40 regular, 20 adept, 20 of the middle tier) and got nothing. GG and bye bye.

If you bother looking thing up. If only lol.

Ascended box are dropped from daily 51-100. There is a very small chance to drop from Veteran and zero from Adept and Mist chest.

With Trinkets alone you can reach 94 AR which mean you can do up to level 68 where you should get about 1 Ascended box (weapons or armor) for every 6 days on average.

Pretty much similar to what we used to have.

Fractal Rewards now ?

Yaki.9563

Ascended box are dropped from daily 51-100. There is a very small chance to drop from Veteran and zero from Adept and Mist chest.

With Trinkets alone you can reach 94 AR which mean you can do up to level 68 where you should get about 1 Ascended box (weapons or armor) for every 6 days on average.

Look things up where? It doesn’t say anywhere that boxes don’t drop from Adept or Mist chests. And I’m curious how you determined that the drop rate from 51-100 chest is 17%.

Fractal Rewards now ?

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

Not true, my ascended boots yesterday came from adept.

Fractal Rewards now ?

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Honestly, what data are you looking at?

I’m looking at King’s Fractal Drop Rate data here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18IHVJao5j85KOp6lBTOgO8qs4VYD3Xty-jKPZo8o-Q4/pubhtml#

These data indicate that from the daily boxes you have about a 12.5% chance of getting an armor box from a Champion daily chest, and practically 0 chance from any other chest. That’s a skin every 8 days. Pre-HoT if you did 50, 40, 30 daily you’d get an armor box every 5 days or so (again, using that same data sheet.)

Skin drops have been radically nerfed – about 1 per 5 days to 1 per 25 days. Golden skin drops are abysmal – about 1 per 50 days.

The rewards are worse than before HoT, still. The only thing that’s better now is XP and maybe gold, though I haven’t looked at that data.

Fractal Rewards now ?

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18IHVJao5j85KOp6lBTOgO8qs4VYD3Xty-jKPZo8o-Q4/pubhtml#

These data indicate that from the daily boxes you have about a 12.5% chance of getting an armor box from a Champion daily chest, and practically 0 chance from any other chest. That’s a skin every 8 days. Pre-HoT if you did 50, 40, 30 daily you’d get an armor box every 5 days or so (again, using that same data sheet.)

Skin drops have been radically nerfed – about 1 per 5 days to 1 per 25 days. Golden skin drops are abysmal – about 1 per 50 days.

The rewards are worse than before HoT, still. The only thing that’s better now is XP and maybe gold, though I haven’t looked at that data.

It’s about, on average, 32s per box given the discounted ones. You can easily get a couple gold every hour doing fractals. Experience is probably the biggest one, hundreds of thousands of experience at 50+ levels, might not be CoF level but it is considerably less ‘grindy’ and more entertaining to do Fractals to level.

I think given what I have seen, gold rewards are about even or greater than Pre-HoT, experience is profoundly better.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Fractal Rewards now ?

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Pre HoT, dailies took 4 fractals, now it’s 3. (this easily accounts for the now slight reduction of ascended armor droprate from lower fractal daily chests, not to mention the 3 fractal dailies take way less amount of time now)

Skin drops have been nerfed. Then again pristine fractal relic drops are up (considering very few people ran 30,40 and 50 pre HoT, especially once they were full ascended). Now a lot more people are running all the fractal dailies. Oh and those pristine relics at 5 per day? 4 days per skin once you’ve completed fractal 50. Skin availability is WAY up.

If XP, Gold, skins and total ascended gear aquisition is up, what else is there which is worse than pre HoT?

Fractal Rewards now ?

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Well prehot we had a lot more instabilities, and didn’t just do swamp x 3. So I would say all rewards are as good or better, but the overall content is much worse.

Fractal Rewards now ?

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Pre HoT, dailies took 4 fractals, now it’s 3. (this easily accounts for the now slight reduction of ascended armor droprate from lower fractal daily chests, not to mention the 3 fractal dailies take way less amount of time now)

Skin drops have been nerfed. Then again pristine fractal relic drops are up (considering very few people ran 30,40 and 50 pre HoT, especially once they were full ascended). Now a lot more people are running all the fractal dailies. Oh and those pristine relics at 5 per day? 4 days per skin once you’ve completed fractal 50. Skin availability is WAY up.

If XP, Gold, skins and total ascended gear aquisition is up, what else is there which is worse than pre HoT?

You’re right about the regular skins. So XP, Gold (maybe) and regular skins are up. Gold skins are low, ascended gear acquisition is lower than pre HoT.

I’m talking from a time perspective. Just because you can now put in less effort/skin doesn’t mean the drop rates are up. They’re down on an item/time basis.

Fractal Rewards now ?

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Not true, my ascended boots yesterday came from adept.

Got two ascended chests tonight, Malicious chest of gloves and Healers chest of coats from the Adept and Champion daily chests respectively. Possibly the luckiest I have ever been in two years+ playing.

Fractal Rewards now ?

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

That is not true as to mists chests – exactly yesterday I got a raider’s chest of gloves from the mists chest that was the reward for doing the recommended 4 daily (or 5, I forget which it was).

Fractal Rewards now ?

Thaddeus.4891

I’m look at King too.

Pre HOT it was 11.9% Chance to get an Armor chest and 4.2% to get a weapon chest.

Now it’s 12.7% chance to get an Armor chest and 3.6% to get a weapon chest.

Pretty much similar don’t you think? Especially since fractal are faster now than they used too. You can do 3 Swamp at level 51-100 that take about 20min to complete on a regular basis, while pre-hot it was a random run that used to took between 30 and 45 min for most people.

About the Fractal Skin. Yes you are totally right that the drop rate is lower. But you can buy them with Pristine now, giving more value to Pristine, which were becoming useless by the time HoT was here.

As for people pointing out that they dropped ascended from Mist and Adept chest I’m sorry. At the time that I posted, nobody in my group saw ascended from those chance and neither KING did so I assume it was zero. Now I guess there is a very small chance a ascended for Veteran, Adept and Mist.

Bottom line is. Ascended chest are easier to come by now than before HoT for casul. You have the same chance at a greater speed. BUT for people tha tused to run 50, 40 and 30 each day before HoT, they probably get less ascended chest that they used to, even if doing all dailies is now faster than 50, 40 et 30 used too.

You get less Fractal Skin from drop, but you can now buy them, making the collection super more easy to complete for hardcore (RNG was a kitten when you only need 1 or 2 skin), while making life a lot easier on casual that want a specific skin or can’t run 50 each day.

The reward in gold at 0.25 silver of profit (counting key at 20silvers and TP taxes) per encryption is vastly superior at what it used to be.

The current reward system is more rewarding than before. That doens’t mean that no other problem exist.

There is no daily for 76-100, giving almost no reason to run these level after the first time. The current system push people to run Swamp only, with no reason (reward wise) to run other fractal after the first time.

Fractal Rewards now ?

Yaki.9563

Also explain how you get 94 AR with just the 6 accessories. 7×6=42 + 2 slots at 10 each is only 62. Potion for +10 and that’s 72. Still a long way off from 94 which you imply should be easy enough. From my perspective it looks like you’re locked into running sub-50’s for nearly no chance at ascended, which is required in order to get the AR to run higher levels which actually have a decent chance. That’s just broken.

Fractal Rewards now ?

Posted by: Jacob.4280

Jacob.4280

In real numbers u can get 147 AR from rings and accessories.

6*7 for each slot + 21 for backpiece +4*21 for infused/attuner rings

Well getting +21AR infusions takes a bit of time lets asume u get +12AR ones (which is not that hard really) – that makes it to 102 AR from accessories and rings.

+15AR infusions arent that hard to get either – 117AR in total.

Fractal Rewards now ?

Cyninja.2954

Also explain how you get 94 AR with just the 6 accessories. 7×6=42 + 2 slots at 10 each is only 62. Potion for +10 and that’s 72. Still a long way off from 94 which you imply should be easy enough. From my perspective it looks like you’re locked into running sub-50’s for nearly no chance at ascended, which is required in order to get the AR to run higher levels which actually have a decent chance. That’s just broken.

///////////// basic infused attuned
Backpiece – +7 +10
Amulet – +7
Accessoire 1 – +7
Accessoire 2 – +7
Ring 1 – +7 +10 +10
Ring 2 – +7 +10 +10
—-——————————————
///////////// +42 +30 +20 = 92 ar

So either your math is off, or your knowledge of how much agony resist is possible on accessoires. I’m betting on the later. Also notice that the infused and attuned slots are variable in agony resistance strength. So if you put in +20 infusions you could even cap on 150 agony resistance with only trinkets. The 94 ar were using 3x +10s and 2x +11s (or a variation of this) since that is what is required in full ascended to hit 150 agony resistance for fractal level 100.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Fractal Rewards now ?

Posted by: Jacob.4280

Jacob.4280

As far as I know, the max AR infusion u can make is +21, thus my post from earlier today is right, u can’t get 150AR from trinkets, but u can get up to 147 (asuming +21 infusions are max we’re able to make).

Fractal Rewards now ?

Cyninja.2954

As far as I know, the max AR infusion u can make is +21, thus my post from earlier today is right, u can’t get 150AR from trinkets, but u can get up to 147 (asuming +21 infusions are max we’re able to make).

When they implemented the new system, the supposed max was +30.

Doesn’t matter anyway, since the pure material cost of Thermocatalytic Reagent is beyond 3.9k at +19 already (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Infusion).

In reality, +15 is probably the most people would go for, and we are talking people who have tons of gold to waste since that is almost a full ascended armor set right there.

Fractal Rewards now ?

Thaddeus.4891

Like other said, attuned rings exist and you seem to not know at all about it. To reach 100 you need 94 AR from your trinkets.

Back Item : 7 + 10
Rings : (7 + 10 +11) x 2
Accessories : 7 × 2
Amulet : 7

For a total of 94. That’s want you need to eventually reach 150 at the lowest cost. Because with +7 on all 6 armor + 2 on weapon it mean 94 + 8 x +7 = 94 +56 = 150

2) The game don’t owe you ascended gear. Like I said before you can reach level 68 without armor or weapons, but if you wait on drops to get to level 100 it will take a long time. On average you gonna drop 1 ascended box (armor or weapons) each week. So it should take you around 2 months to get your full armor if you do a daily 51-100 each day. If that’s not fast enough for you, you can craft the pieces you need.

Fractal Rewards now ?

Yaki.9563

2) The game don’t owe you ascended gear. Like I said before you can reach level 68 without armor or weapons, but if you wait on drops to get to level 100 it will take a long time. On average you gonna drop 1 ascended box (armor or weapons) each week. So it should take you around 2 months to get your full armor if you do a daily 51-100 each day. If that’s not fast enough for you, you can craft the pieces you need.

This is a ridiculous statement. Of course it owes me ascended gear if that’s the ultimate reward of the content. Go state that in the raid threads and claim that there should be no ascended drops from raids and get laughed out of there. Ascended is the only reason to run fractals so requiring ascended to get more ascended is just screwed up.

You just don’t care because you’re already in ascended from doing pre-HoT fractals or you don’t hate crafting so you have an entirely different agenda. It’s as if I went into the thread about encryption boxes and said “the game doesn’t owe you gold”.

Fractal Rewards now ?

Thaddeus.4891

This is a ridiculous statement. Of course it owes me ascended gear if that’s the ultimate reward of the content. Go state that in the raid threads and claim that there should be no ascended drops from raids and get laughed out of there. Ascended is the only reason to run fractals so requiring ascended to get more ascended is just screwed up.

You just don’t care because you’re already in ascended from doing pre-HoT fractals or you don’t hate crafting so you have an entirely different agenda. It’s as if I went into the thread about encryption boxes and said “the game doesn’t owe you gold”.

I didn’t said that ascended shouldn’t drop in fractal. But no reason for it to drop at super low level either. You claimed that it was impossible to drop ascended without ascended armor and it was bad. I corrected you since you can.

Fractal Rewards now ?

Cyninja.2954

Except that pre HoT the required agony resistance for fractal level 50 was 70 agony resistance (required all ascened trinkets with infused rings and backpiece and ascended weapons and some ascended armor pieces). Now it’s about 61-114 agony resistance (depending on which 50+ fractals you are running. I’ll assume the popular 56-67-77, though a lot less is needed if you run 56-60-70) and this again requires full ascended trinkets (no ascended weapons needed this time around and definately no ascended armor).

The ascended drop rate for Master chests is slightly above what it was for fractal 50 boxes pre HoT.

So I really don’t know what the hell you are talking about.

If at all, players from pre HoT should be complaining about how much easier arenanet has made it to gear up via fractals essentially devaluing the gametime they invested.

ps. obviously you did not bother to read what Thaddeus or me posted about how to get agony resistance via trinkets only. If you don;t bother to learn, how are we supposed to help you? Ascended armor is NOT needed. So go troll somewhere else.

pss. and agony resistance infusions are basically as cheap as they can be. +1 agony infusion went from 12-15 silver to currently 65 copper. I’m sure you knew that though, just forgot to mention it.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Fractal Rewards now ?

Posted by: Casta.5697

Casta.5697

Like other said, attuned rings exist and you seem to not know at all about it. To reach 100 you need 94 AR from your trinkets.

Back Item : 7 + 10
Rings : (7 + 10 +11) x 2
Accessories : 7 × 2
Amulet : 7

For a total of 94. That’s want you need to eventually reach 150 at the lowest cost. Because with +7 on all 6 armor + 2 on weapon it mean 94 + 8 x +7 = 94 +56 = 150

Reinstalled recetly, have 1 question. How do you get initial +5 on back/rings to +7. When I double click on infusion to apply it to back/ring theres no option to pick which one I want to replace.

Thanks

Fractal Rewards now ?

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Reinstalled recetly, have 1 question. How do you get initial +5 on back/rings to +7. When I double click on infusion to apply it to back/ring theres no option to pick which one I want to replace.

Thanks

At first you will buy an Infusion Extraction Device from Dessa’s Krewe (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dessa's_Krewe) to get your +5 back and convert it into a +7. Then you doubleclick the +7 to apply it back in.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.