Fractal Skins

Fractal Skins

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: joeytan.3865

joeytan.3865

Something, just do something that allows us to get the skin we want. Buying it with relics, a batter system between players who have skins they don’t need , increasing drop rate of ppl who hit a certain number of fractals or come up with your own idea. Whatever ANET JUST DO SOMETHING!!!

Ppl have been mentioning this for about 3 months now and no response about it. Actually anet doesnt bother replying about any fractal threads as far as I can see. Unless the answer to the thread is something bloody obvious.

I really wonder how much longer we are gonna have to wait for a reply………sigh

Fractal Skins

Posted by: Lanser.8520

Lanser.8520

Since this thread seems to have been necro’d, I guess I’ll use this to bring up a few points since the new patch has come out.

With the introduction of the Super Adventure Box comes a new currency and new rewards, including some rather good looking skins. The reward system that SAB uses for it’s skins works like this:

• Skins have a low chance to drop from any boss chest. This dro kitten imply a skin, but can be traded on the TP or to other players if the certain skin is not wanted.
  • Skins can be acquired with a significant amount of the required token, along with 1 gold. These cannot by sold but are account bound.

So why am I talking about SAB? Well, because SAB does skin rewards in a way that makes sense and rewards persistence. You could put in more work, and farm out the skins you want, or you can casually do the activity and eventually arrive at your destination.

They did the rewards right in SAB (if a little easy in my opinion).

But the FotM reward system still lies in a mess. It still does not make sense in the way it rewards you with skins. Of course it should be hard to acquire, but that can be tweaked in multiple ways. They are hard to acquire right now, but in all the wrong ways.

Currently in Fractals (as in for the past 6 months):

• Skins have a low chance to drop from the daily chest. This drop has no stats and cannot be traded on the TP or to other players if the certain skin is not wanted, and cannot be traded for a another skin.
  • Skins cannot be acquired with a significant amount of tokens, or through any recipe.
  • Increasing skill and difficulty are not rewarded well.

The first bullet point would be just fine, since the skin is suppose to represent a mastery of content, but is not however, because of the second bullet point. It represents a very lucky roll, whether you have done one easy fractal run at 20 or 200 hard runs at 48.

This leads to bullet number 3, where doing more difficult content does not exactly reward you better.

This does not mean make it as easy to get these skins as it is to get SAB skins, but there should be something done to bring the skin rewards in balance with the difficulty and time put into the endeavor.

I will once again refer back to this recipe, which would make acquiring the weapon possible for all levels, but significantly faster if done at 40+ or 50+. This rewards players who have already been doing FotM for a while with a use for stockpiled materials and tokens, entices new and existing players to FotM higher levels now that everything isn’t completely based on RNG, and sets a goal that can be reached with varying amounts of time and effort in relation to the skill of the player. The higher your skill, the faster you can acquire your weapon, or you can grind vials/globs/shards forever on an easier mode and eventually reach your goal as well through persistence.

A ticket system similar to the way you claim Fused or Winter weapons would also be welcome, but would add another non-depositable currency. Since weapons are rewarded more commonly at higher levels, skill would still be rewarded, so it would not be much of a deal besides still having a stockpile of tokens and materials.

Skill or perseverance would both be adequate reasons in my eyes, for someone to have a skin from FotM.

Fractal Skins

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

well they could put a recipe to get another random skin using a fotm skin ._.

It would be great to get rid of all the useless skin i have :| but keeping the rng part….that is not so wrong for statless skins.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractal Skins

Posted by: Chauntry.1635

Chauntry.1635

There’s just no rhyme or reason to the current system. I feel like players who have legitimately put in massive amounts of time and effort are punished for it. This is not working as intended, I’ll go so far as to say this system is the most unfair way of awarding players as imaginable… Honestly I really don’t understand why such a system was implemented.

Fractal Skins

Posted by: joeytan.3865

joeytan.3865

Lanser hit the nail on the head.

I’m starting to think A-Net has something fundamentally wrong going on with their developers. They can come us with a token system for skins in SAB but they cant do something similar for fractals. I was on the verge of saying something alot more nasty but i decided to hold back.

I mean come on players have been asking for a new system for fractal skins for months now, they don provide that but they come up with one for SAB???

(edited by joeytan.3865)

Fractal Skins

Posted by: Escher.5342

Escher.5342

The token system was implemented because SAB is only available for the month of April, where FotM is a constant. I also hope they develop an alternative method for obtaining fractal weapons but I’m sure it takes a little more thought because they need to take the longevity of the dungeon into consideration.

Fractal Skins

Posted by: Lanser.8520

Lanser.8520

The token system was implemented because SAB is only available for the month of April, where FotM is a constant. I also hope they develop an alternative method for obtaining fractal weapons but I’m sure it takes a little more thought because they need to take the longevity of the dungeon into consideration.

Its not that SAB is temporary and has a good reward system, its that they have proved time and time again with dungeons and other tokens that they are able to have a better system that is friendlier to players who want to put in the effort to do specific content.

Yet they do have a good system in place for fractals that takes into account the difficulty level the player does the content at. I tried to come up with a recipe that tried to remedy that issue.

There are still options for the future longevity of FotM. As of right now, most players play FotM at 20 or 30. Only a very small group, myself included, do 48 every day because of the time it takes and the difficulty of content when everything hits like an astroid.

At 40, the primary drop becomes weapon skins, and you see drastically less rings both due to adjusted drop rates and the length of time this level takes. This still means that often the daily will reward you with neither.

As we know right now, monsters can scale all the way up to FotM 80. This provides ample room to begin offering ascended amulets, ascessories, or even weapons and armor at the very difficult levels. All Anet would have to do is a tweak here and there, and they could make very challenging content that adds other rewards to fractals, including the ascended pieces that we are waiting to be added to FotM.

I would also not be surprised if cores of mist essence or lodestones of mist essence are added to facilitate recipes that let us infuse the remaining ascended items that drop at higher levels. Of course, if they do this, it should be easier to add a recipe to fix the fractal weapon drop rates too.

This is on top of fractals being a very modular dungeon, where new fractals can be added at any time Anet feels like working on it. They’ve had their hands full with culling and world fixes though.

Fractal Skins

Posted by: zerotwo.4731

zerotwo.4731

Anet should set it up so a player must complete fractals up to the cap with the same chance to get a skin as now. Then add an achievement for reaching the cap which allows you to then purchase the skin you want with a certain amount of relics. This way Anet gets the full use out of the fractals from each person who really wants to push for the skins they want and grinding for extra relics after the fact is then a moot point since the player has already reached the achievement lvl. Just a thought.

Fractal Skins

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

So basically:

1.) Acquiring skins is a mess
2.) High level fotm has the same rewards as low level but a huge scale in difficulty

My opinion is that these two are -extremely- important to fix, yet Anet has not mentioned fotm in months. So what do we do? We can continue to kitten and keep playing it, or stop. I’m nearing the breaking point of quitting because even skins aside, the hours I spend in fotm also yield next to nothing in terms of gold.

Also, wru cultist hammer

Fractal Skins

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Skins I’ve received so far: fractal hammer, fractal rifle, fractal mace, and fractal harpoon gun… I’m a kittening Necro!! It took months just to get those and I won’t even want them. I stopped doing 40+ runs cause its just not worth it anymore.

Zelendel

Fractal Skins

Posted by: Razeor.6271

Razeor.6271

The drop rate is not that bad. I’ve been running 48 for almost three months, got a dozen of staff scepter trident skins unusable, yet I still come back for more. My highlight of a day is getting excited before opening the chest, after be it an easy run of swamp water ice or torturingly long one cliffside dredge. Anet has made almost everything easily obtainable, which is a good thing, but there are a lot of people like me who like to have a few elements left to luck.
The weapons dont have higher stats, and there are a lot more better looking ones out there (except for some most fractal skins just look like outlandish ugly rocks on handles). A lot of people myself included are after them because we like something rare among all the corrupted/destroyer/mysticforge/legs. If the rate is messed with it will kill the hunt for a lot of us. There’s not much left to do already.

Fractal Skins

LordByron.8369

well i do daily runs.
Got 2 staffs*, 2 rifles, 1 pistol*. 1 dagger* (last obtained and was the one i wanted more), 1 GS, 1 shield, 1 trident*, 1 torch.

I just need 1 dagger and 1 sword and i’m happy…..i’ll still continue to play fotm even then….but as i said i feel rng for skins is acceptable.

Fotm rewards are a mess, skins are not imho :|

I use only those with *
If 4 skins could be thrown in forge for a skin ticket would be nice btw ._. you earned to have 1 skin if you sacrifice 4.

p.S: also fractal staff are uber ugly :| and have no particle effects as other weapons.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Fractal Skins

zerotwo.4731

I also do daily runs and after 400 I still do not have a skin.

Fractal Skins

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

Fractal skins do not show skill. Tired of everyone trying to put those two together. What they do show is luck and how much of a glutton for punishment you have.

Two part idea not all entirely mine but I wanted to tie them together.

Just as the fused tickets drop for lions chest why not have a Fractal Ticket drop from any even number fractal chest. With the vendors inside selling one skin per ticket.

I propose fractal skins start dropping at fractal level 2. Before you get all up in arms about this hear me out. At level 2 you have a .5% chance of it dropping and every even fractal you move up your percentage goes up .5%.

Fractal level – % Chance of Drop
2 – 1%
4-1.5
6-2
8-2.5
10-3
12 – 3.5
14-4
16-4.5
18-5
20-5.5
22-6
24-6.5
26-7
28-7.5
30-8
32-8.5
34-9
36-9.5
38-10
40-10.5
42-11
44-11.5
46-12
48-12.5
50-13

This to me would make fractals more exciting while pushing people to move up so they have better chances of getting a fractal ticket.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Fractal Skins

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Considering that half of the mechanics of the Fractals aren’t even active in levels 1 to 9 and levels 10 to 19 are so easy that they can be beaten with 5 players who aren’t even max level, I definitely don’t think skins should drop that early.

Honestly, I think the % chances are fine, considering I get a skin every third run at 48 or so. What I want to see change is that you should definitely get a “Fractal Skin Token” that enables you to choose the item you want from a vendor (like the Fused Ticket) instead of having to RNG and risk getting repeats. I have so many Fractal Hammers I legitimately don’t know what to do with them.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Fractal Skins

Chauntry.1635

They most certainly aren’t dropping every 3Rd run for me… Or the majority of people i run with. I’m glad the rng gods smile upon you.

Fractal Skins

Rising Dusk.2408

Before they hard capped FotM dailies at 48, at 50-58 you were guaranteed a skin/ring every time, and at 60-68 you basically always got a skin. Fact of the matter is that no matter what you or I say, neither of us knows what the actual rates are. You could just be extremely unlucky, or maybe myself and everyone I run with is exceedingly lucky. It’s impossible for us to say, and thus it is irrelevant for us to try.

Regardless, I think that some people get skins that often and some people don’t is fine, and a feature of RNG, and that whatever it is now is “okay”. I don’t do 50 runs without getting something, and every single person I have ever run with (at least a couple hundred different players) has gotten skins from 48. That to me says that it’s okay without any knowledge of the drop rates. These things are supposed to be hard to get, and are supposed to be RNG to add to the incentive to keep repeatedly playing the content for more.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Fractal Skins

Posted by: Venereus.9473

Venereus.9473

This is dumb. Fractal skins are awful and the only reason people want them is because they’re hard to get, change that and there goes the point of getting them.

Fractal Skins

Chauntry.1635

Thank you for helping me make my point, which is to say, you’ve been rewarded for running the instance and I, along with many others have run the same content as you and have not. You think rng is working as intended because you’re getting skins as you said. I’m on the other side of the fence.

Fractal Skins

Posted by: GamerMixZ.2478

GamerMixZ.2478

Been running Fractal for a while now and like many here starting to get burned out on the RNG. Ever since the beginning of this year I have only got 1 fractal weapon, short bow, and 4 shards to show my trouble. Yesterday was a downer for me as everyone in my group got at least 1 shard and 2 people got fractal maces. I agree there needs to be a second method of obtaining these skins like perhaps the SAB way where you can purchase. If they still wanted to make it so that only players lvl 20+ can purchase them with a high amount of pristine relics and/or the regular relics I’m sure that is easy to put into the requirement to use it.

Really hope Arenanet addresses this soon instead of the cold shoulder we seem to be getting.

Fitness Gaming Channel of MixZ: www.youtube.com/GamerMixZ2

Fractal Skins

Posted by: Raybunny.6190

Raybunny.6190

The rate/way to get a skin has been a disappointment. I’ve seen some recipes ideas in which I could agree. Had less trouble to get both of my legendaries than the skin I want. As some previous posters said: after lvl80 the barbie world comes to life.

Left GW2 for a few months not only cause of professional matters but also cause after so many tries (being one of the only motivations to still play) in Fractals 26+ up to 40 never dropped. Came back a 3 weeks ago, gathered over 20 pristines since then and still nothing.
RNG is staring at me with a funny face. oO Good I have now earings and necklace to work for.

If Anet could implement some kind of incentive toward those skins would be great. Or give their point of view for the drop rate.

Cheers
Raybunny

Raybunny – Warrior
[Midnight Mayhem] – Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Raybunny.6190)

Fractal Skins

Rising Dusk.2408

Thank you for helping me make my point, which is to say, you’ve been rewarded for running the instance and I, along with many others have run the same content as you and have not. You think rng is working as intended because you’re getting skins as you said. I’m on the other side of the fence.

The RNG is working whether you get skins or not; that’s the point. The only reason you think it doesn’t is because you’re sour that you haven’t gotten anything. That’s the nature of RNG. Just because I haven’t looted a precursor doesn’t mean I feel that I should loot a precursor. I keep doing high end chests for the chance of it and because I enjoy the events in moderation, not with the expectation of getting something fancy out of it. That’s the difference in playstyle, and that’s what really matters. Don’t expect a skin, play what you want because you enjoy it, and if you get a skin, it’s awesome.

If you don’t enjoy Fractals, don’t play Fractals. It’s really that simple; the skins aren’t good enough to justify doing something you don’t enjoy. If you enjoy the challenge, like me, do a few hundred runs and you, too, will get skins. Seriously, I’ve done so many runs that my getting skins is virtually inevitable; the chances are not so bad, and if you play that many runs, you too will get them.

Fractal Skins

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

RNG is working as intended. It just sucks. :P

Wait till they release new content, then fotm wep skin drop rate will magically increase, or they will add another way to get them.

Why? My opinion-

1.) There’s quite alot of people who are playing more than the average gamer, me included. And we’ve run out of PVE content. We have our legendaries, we have all the gear sets for all our alts. We have nothing to work towards in PvE, and there’s quite a good portion of us who wont want to do WvW or sPvP. All that’s keeping us playing is Fractals skins, it’s the only elusive goal left. And with drop rates this low and this random, we could be at it for quite some time.. this gives A-Net plenty of time to create new PvE content for the future. Of course quite a few of my mates have quit simply because even these new skins don’t interest them, or they have already attained them.

2.) once new PvE content is out, many of us will abandon fotm for the new content in the hopes of it being more rewarding for our time. Not only this, but omg shiny brand new content! When they notice this, they may then alter the RNG for fractals skins acquisition or add new ways to acquire them through the instance. We all remember back when fotm first came out and the rares dropped like candy in there.. A-Net realised that this caused players to stop doing the other dungeons and just do fotm because it was so profitable. They then lowered the drop rates and made alot of crap in there account bound. Now your only reason to even touch fotm is skins. Once new dungeon content is out, I for one wont be interested in fotm at all, they will need to create a real incentive to go back there.

This is all assuming there will be new dungeon content.. which I dont think there will be for a while yet, from what Ive heard so far they just intend to add more fractals to Fotm to make it more exciting….

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Fractal Skins

zerotwo.4731

Already scored 2 skins from the fun box but still nothing from fractals. I can see from other posts, those that get them are fine with the drop rate. I don’t get them so Im not fine with the drop rate. I do enjoy fractals so I continue to do them with hopes that one will drop. As you will notice with the fun box forums, very little complaining. There is a reason for that…..

Fractal Skins

LordByron.8369

those who got them played fotm so many times that its inevitable they got some skins…

When i read “i did 200 fotm” i just think:"divide by 4 subtracts all “< lvl 20” runs, uneaven runs and all unfinished runs…

Then you get to something about 20 runs that could give them a skin ._.

Considering is purely cosmetic content its fine as rng….its not a tier like legendaries…they don t even have stats.

As i said, having 4 fotm skins to be put in MF for a fotm ticket….would be fine….
But having free skins would just punish dedicated players who got awful rewards in favor to cof1 farmers….

GW2 balance:

Fractal Skins

Posted by: Kuro Kami.8436

Kuro Kami.8436

I agree with the thread topic completely and how outrageous it is for Fractal Weapon Skins to be attainable through chests. I have gotten 3 skins now, but SO MUCH TIME has been spent in fractals trying to obtain them. If memory servers, Fractals came online in November or something. As of February, almost March, I’ve gotten my Fractal GS. So…that’s 4 or 5 months of doing at least 3 or 5 Fractals weekly. To make it ironic, I got my GS after I took a week or two off of Fractals. Some bs huh? No, what’s even more BS is when someone TOTALLY new to level 20 fractals gets the GS skin on his first try in Jade Maw. He had 10 AR, I had to carry him, yet he still got it. Good job Arena Net, look out for the noobs!

(edited by Moderator)

Fractal Skins

Rising Dusk.2408

As you will notice with the fun box forums, very little complaining. There is a reason for that…..

Yes, there is. You can either grind for them and get a skin guaranteed every couple hours, or you can grind CoF and buy a skin on the TP. Those skins have zero prestige associated with them; having one says absolutely nothing about you as a player. Having a Fractal skin, on the other hand, says quite a bit. I like my prestige, thank you very much. It’s half the reason the skins appeal to me in the first place.

Like I’ve said before, the only change I’d be okay with is if instead of getting a skin, you got a “Fractal Skin Token” that you can exchange for a skin of your choice. That way you still have to RNG hardcore and progress high for a good chance at the skins, but at least you get skins relevant to your profession because you can pick what you get.

No, what’s even more BS is when someone TOTALLY new to level 20 fractals gets the GS skin on his first try in Jade Maw. He had 10 AR, I had to carry him, yet he still got it. Good job Arena Net, look out for the noobs!

You mean like when some random player with less than 40 hours in-game loots a precursor from a mob? Yes, RNG is RNG, and sometimes it doesn’t favor you. Sucks, but that’s how it works; deal with it or move on.

Fractal Skins

Chauntry.1635

The RNG is working whether you get skins or not; that’s the point. The only reason you think it doesn’t is because you’re sour that you haven’t gotten anything. That’s the nature of RNG. Just because I haven’t looted a precursor doesn’t mean I feel that I should loot a precursor. I keep doing high end chests for the chance of it and because I enjoy the events in moderation, not with the expectation of getting something fancy out of it. That’s the difference in playstyle, and that’s what really matters. Don’t expect a skin, play what you want because you enjoy it, and if you get a skin, it’s awesome.

If you don’t enjoy Fractals, don’t play Fractals. It’s really that simple; the skins aren’t good enough to justify doing something you don’t enjoy. If you enjoy the challenge, like me, do a few hundred runs and you, too, will get skins. Seriously, I’ve done so many runs that my getting skins is virtually inevitable; the chances are not so bad, and if you play that many runs, you too will get them.

I don’t enjoy fractals – many in my shoes don’t. I’ve had the 500/500 achievement now for a good 2 months. I’ll tell you what I’ll do – when I get home I’ll screenshot my bank showing over 110 pristine, 40+ Mists essence and an entire bank slot+ full of rings – then we can talk about RNG working as intended. You’re right though, I am sour – you nailed that one.

Fractal Skins

Rising Dusk.2408

So don’t do fractals! None of the skins are worth the pain of grinding something you hate. I have done more than a hundred 48 runs myself, and I would show off 100+ pristine relics if I didn’t use them all to gear my alts and things (I do the same thing with Fractal relics; all of my alts have capacitor ascended backpieces). I also have a bank slot of rings. Meanwhile, I’m a pretty poor fellow because I hate CoF 1 farming and don’t do it much; I enjoy the dungeon so I’ll do a 1-2 run every day or so, but no more.

Honestly, if I didn’t enjoy Fractals so much, I wouldn’t do it. Sure I cringe when I roll Dredge as the third fractal at 11PM at night, or when I get Cliffside and Dredge back-to-back, or when I get Mossman over Bloomhunger, but I enjoy it all the same. The challenge drives me, and so for me, getting a bunch of fractal skins was happenstance; I essentially don’t even try and it just happens.

My only recommendation if you insist on punishing yourself is never do anything other than a 40+ daily. Honestly, 20 and 30 dailies are garbage. I never saw a Fractal skin until I did 48 religiously, and the chance is so much higher at that point that it’s crazy. If you’re doing 20’s or 30’s you’re legitimately wasting your time.

Fractal Skins

Chauntry.1635

You finding them challenging is a bit of a surprise to me if you’ve ran 100 level 48’s as you say.

Fractal Skins

Rising Dusk.2408

The challenge is in the luck of the draw of group composition with pubs. Last night myself and 2 guildmates 3-manned the Dredge fractal. It was simultaneously a nightmare and amazing.

EDIT: I also want to say that even if you do a run with a group that never fails and crushes all events and bosses, the content is still ‘challenging’. It is worlds above the difficulty of anything else in the game, and even if you succeed, it requires you pay attention, plan your damage soaking / mitigation, and everything.

I have done such crazy things as 0 AR runs of L48 Grawl boss before for my own personal edification. Man those are fun.

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

Fractal Skins

Chauntry.1635

Fair enough – I suppose you also like watching paint dry. But, I digress and don’t want to derail my own thread. I’m glad you’ve been lucky and as I said in my original post – good for you and your luck I hope it continues.

Fractal Skins

Posted by: thisisu.7504

thisisu.7504

It’s not that we don’t believe you, Chauntry. Btw, what are your character names in GW2? Maybe I’ve run with you since I try to do 2 48 dailies everyday.

Also agreeing with Rising Dusk.2408 regarding skins having a much higher chance to drop from 46+ dailies.

Thisisu – Mesmer – FotM 51
Thisisudax – Guardian – FotM 49
Fractal Videos: http://www.youtube.com/thisisudax

Fractal Skins

Posted by: Finale.5281

Finale.5281

The two skins I’ve gotten (longbow/trident) were from 20 and 34, respectively. Not exactly a fan of either, but I figure that the more fractals I do, the more opportunities I’ll have to get skins. I’d be really surprised if the rate was more complicated than a really low flat chance. Anecdotally I’ve seen 3 skins drop for a group at 24, but of course that’s just one random occurrence, and I know some people that never left the 30s with around a half dozen skins.

Fractal Skins

Posted by: khefka.2804

khefka.2804

The RNG is most likely fine as the higher fractal level you are the better chance you will have to get a skin. It’s the fact that fotm is gated at 50 now that’s the real issue, once we have access to more AR and the overly buffed agony scaling is gone those who advance high enough should have much less problems getting skins.

Fractal Skins

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Just curious, but if they did change the method of acquisition, why would people run FotM (or higher levels of it) once they obtained their weapon skin? What’s your incentive for repeating the content over and over at higher levels once you have your chosen weapon?

I ask this because I think ArenaNet intentionally designed it so that it was ridiculous to try and obtain one of these things. That’s their chosen method of getting people to grind the content over and over beyond the point of enjoying it. Would people still run FotM once they got their skins?

Fractal Skins

Chauntry.1635

Can’t the same be said for any dungeon? Why should these different rules apply?

Fractal Skins

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

There are lucky people; There are unlucky people (the majority). Complains have been ongoing for months and it’s quite simple — they react or they don’t. Fotm skin acquisition has to be revamped and that’s the bottom line.

In addition to that, their dungeons have very little hope. They can revamp them like they did AC all they want but they’re still kittening dull and will still have the same vendor items.

Fotm is the one pve area where they can keep expanding and continue to make amazing, yet they completely kittening ignore it. Anet has gone downhill and has zero kittening idea what they’re doing. Their lack of pvp intuition led me to the pve side of the game and there it’s arguably worse.

It’s GG.

Fractal Skins

Chauntry.1635

Because I said I would.

Attachments:

Fractal Skins

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

im sorry if thats not a grind fest for ya, maybe you should play another game

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Fractal Skins

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

im sorry if thats not a grind fest for ya, maybe you should play another game

Aion was a grinder’s paradise

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Fractal Skins

LordByron.8369

simple thing most people fail to realize…
FOtm skins are skins

Precursor is part of a TOP TIER weapon

So “grinding” for a skin is fine.
Grinding for a tier is not.

If they think otherwise i think they could have bought the wrong game according to manifesto…that was already broken too many times :/

GW2 balance:

Fractal Skins

Posted by: Razeor.6271

Razeor.6271

Yup, make it so that if you’ve done 3 dailies/dumped 200 rares into MF/open 20 chests you’re always guaranteed a skin/precursor/ticket Anet. Only then everyone can be a happy camper.

Fractal Skins

zerotwo.4731

In reference to Rising Dusks post:

Having a SAB skin puts money in your pocket. While FotM skins are pure luck. I don’t see how you can hold them to such a prestige. I could have twice the skins as you and do half the runs. Does that make me better then you? Good thing this is just your opinion. I can sell my 2 GS skins from SAB for 30G each. What can you sell the FotM skins for?….

(edited by zerotwo.4731)

Fractal Skins

Rising Dusk.2408

In reference to Rising Dusks post:

Having a SAB skin puts money in your pocket. While FotM skins are pure luck. I don’t see how you can hold them to such a prestige. I could have twice the skins as you and do half the runs. Does that make me better then you? Good thing this is just your opinion. I can sell my 2 GS skins from SAB for 30G each. What can you sell the FotM skins for?….

You’re looking at this all wrong.

Let’s say your character uses a SAB skin. Cool. What does that say about you?

• You bought it on the TP or…
  • You farmed it in the SAB or…
  • You RNG’d it in the SAB

That you can buy it on the TP, particularly because of gold farming routines like CoF 1, means that this item has no prestige associated with it. I see you wear it and “Oh, you probably just bought it.” It says nothing about your playing SAB at all.

Now let’s say your character uses a fractal skin. What does that say about you?

• You got to at least Fractal Level 20
  • You got lucky with a daily chest after maw

There is prestige there because it, at the very least, says that you have played Fractals to a remotely decent level and enough times to get lucky for a weapon you could actually use. A player cannot acquire a Fractal skin without playing Fractals, and that is why the prestige is there. The value of the item is the prestige, which for players like me, makes these Fractal skins worth 1000 SAB skins that I can sell on the TP. Money is of no consequence for me, whereas prestige is highly valued.

Fractal Skins

zerotwo.4731

I see your point Dusk. MHO, I don’t care what others think of me. I’m not playing this game for respect. I play it because its fun. I just don’t want to have to grind fractals constantly. It’s very time consuming. I guess it boils down to personal preference.

Fractal Skins

Rising Dusk.2408

If my previous posts in this thread were any indication, I also play this game for fun! I find specific challenges in FotM for myself (0 AR run of L48 Grawl boss, for instance) and have a lot of fun doing those specific challenges. Similarly, I find it fun and particularly enjoyable to have and work towards rewards that say something specific about the things I am good at, even if they’re RNG (makes them rarer!). I like that whenever I draw my Fractal skin, I know that I have achieved something, and that others can see that achievement whether they care or not. That, to me, is fun. For me, getting fractal skins is a byproduct of playing FotM for fun; it’s not a grind for me in the least. I can’t speak for everyone, but I can say this: I really don’t want the prestige or enjoyment I derive from the prestige cheapened by changes to ameliorate people who want skins but aren’t willing (or don’t want) to do what it takes to get them. That, to me, would be the very antithesis of fun. There are certain concessions I’ll make in that regard, like letting people choose what skin they get when they do RNG one, but I absolutely do not want people to be able to grind L10 fractals for pristine relics and convert them into skins, or be able to sell them on the TP, or anything like that.

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

Fractal Skins

zerotwo.4731

See I agree with working towards getting the skins but after 400+ runs, 300 after lvl 26. I haven’t received a skin. Why should my grind be different then others? I put in a lot of time and have not received what others get doing half the work.

Fractal Skins

Rising Dusk.2408

I think that’s sort of the point of having increased rewards at higher levels, to encourage you to press on. I don’t run 20’s or 30’s because they are garbage and I had never gotten even a ring until L42 (bought all of mine with pristines, and I played until L28 with 5AR because of it). Running those is a waste of time if you’re looking for a challenge or looking for skins. It’s 48 or don’t bother, in my opinion.

I’ve had runs of 48 where everyone gets nothing, but about 1 in every 3 runs someone in the group gets a skin, sometimes more than 1 person gets a skin. Just the other night a guildmate of mine got the Fractal GS and I got the Fractal Sword after a long time of hunting it; it’s about luck. If you really want the skin, then RNG be kitten you’re going to keep playing it anyway and going at it anyway, so the skin will have more value for you when you do get it. Then you’ll wear the skin and say “I remember the challenge it took to get it” and you, too, will find prestige in that.

Fractal Skins

Posted by: thisisu.7504

thisisu.7504

Congrats on the 1H Sword.

Thisisu – Mesmer – FotM 51
Thisisudax – Guardian – FotM 49
Fractal Videos: http://www.youtube.com/thisisudax