Fractal Weapon Ticket

Fractal Weapon Ticket

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Spade.4386

Spade.4386

That synopsis barely does it. Running a huge amount of fractals STILL doesn’t guarantee anything. You might STILL never get the one you want after 3000000 runs. That’s the whole catch right there.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Yonarq.1072

Yonarq.1072

Ok let’s not call it “prestige” and just let’s call it rare skins. I really think a “skin progression based game” like this one needs rare skins (rare to see em around…so not everyone holding one in their hands).

As a person who has spent months to get the full fractal’s collection, to me the idea about easy tokens is absolutely unacceptable at this point. Call me selfish if you want but that would be a hard slap to my face if Arenanet do that.

I aprove and support an idea like: level 40+ drops Fractal Box (you can select the skin) instead of a random skin. I even support the idea about drop 4 skins in Mistyc Forge and you get a Fractal Box… but more easy than that would be an absolute injustice for people who allready “worked” to complete de collection (when i say “worked” ofcourse is not literally since i enjoyed the proccess to get that personal archievement)

At the end, you DONT NEED those skins. And the game NEEDS rare skins. So im ok with an improvemnt of the system but not if its become super easy.

See you.

PD: English is not my mother language so sorry if im like a primitive while talking.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Yeah =/
People just make them to sell them for profit these days…

Oh, legendaries would have been prestige item if they had not been buyable.

I think what haviz is trying to say is he doesn’t treat the current legendaries as prestige items even if they are untradable. He believes that prestige in items should be gated behind a certain skill cap, which is different from the rarity factor you seek. Rarity factor as in accessible to only a minority of players purely from RNG manipulation. We all just have different definition of prestige.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Spade.4386

Spade.4386

As a person who has spent months to get the full fractal’s collection, to me the idea about easy tokens is absolutely unacceptable at this point. Call me selfish if you want but that would be a hard slap to my face if Arenanet do that.

It’s already a slap to the face for the people who have been running fractals ever since they were introduced and have only gotten one or two skins. I actually know a person who has only found one skin ever, in over 1000 runs. How is that not a slap?

I agree that making them too easy to get isn’t the best solution. But making the skins available for 50 pristine relics for example? That would be 50 dailies, almost 2 months of work. Still takes dedication to achieve and isn’t a slap to anyone’s face.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I’ll try to explain it again:
Some people preferred to farm cof1 hours daily to get thousands moneys.
Other decided to give up rewards and just farm fractal 48 with 45 AR (with 55 is already easy….).

Now players that played little fractal feels entitled to rare SKINS.

You know its like deleting 6 months of farming for some players and just giving free moneys to Others?
Basically its a big slap in the face to whoever played fractal despite the awful rewards….and at least got a skin.

Totally unfair…. and has 0 reason to be done….since rare skins are supposed to be in the game since manifesto.

@spad e 50 pristine is nothing…
As said even 166 would be way too easy…because that is calculated on level 48 and you get pristines at 10+

The rng is a total excuse….as i proved people wants easy skins.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

mosspit.8936

And making fotm skins rng-based somehow is harder?

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Bad for the player, good for the game.

But really, Fractals Skin looks hideous, if it loses it’s RNG prestigeness everyone would just stop using them.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Fractal Weapon Ticket

mosspit.8936

Understandable. But don’t mistake getting fotm skins as a “hard” thing to do. “Hard” in this context means something related to a skillcap of sorts.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

People like Byron’s associated the RNG barrier as hardness though, especially since he Pugged his skin collection thus it took way more time than needed and thus created a massive sentiment.

Much like how PuGs who got carried to DM cry about Arah p4 path sellers since they genuinely feel their efforts went to nothing.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

Fractal Weapon Ticket

LordByron.8369

People like Byron’s associated the RNG barrier as hardness though, especially since he Pugged his skin collection thus it took way more time than needed and thus created a massive sentiment.

Much like how PuGs who got carried to DM cry about Arah p4 path sellers since they genuinely feel their efforts went to nothing.

Lets see if you manage to read again what you are trying to answer to.
While you are there avoid useless personal Attacks….

Then you can write an appropriate answer maybe….

P.S. In Case you are even remotely referring to me as being carried by Others you are better find better ways to troll……
On the opposite i had proplayers rage like mads when i tried to say its way harder to pug a fractal than going with friends a concept obviously not so hard to understand.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I dont see why your against the skins being more fairly obtainable. RNG within RNG is really not fair or good design for a rare reward.

Id be happy with them lowering the drop rate of a fractal skin but allowing you to choose what weapon it is when it does drop.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

LordByron.8369

I dont see why your against the skins being more fairly obtainable. RNG within RNG is really not fair or good design for a rare reward.

Id be happy with them lowering the drop rate of a fractal skin but allowing you to choose what weapon it is when it does drop.

Because as i said while some people farmed XXX fractals other people farmed XXX cof1 (for example)

(notice how skill, pugs and stuff is not involved….XXX cleared fractal is the same whatever time it takes).

Now people of Cof1 have their thousasnds gold.
Fotm players have SKINS and no gold.

You can take away RNG with math…..but its not what peole is asking here.
People here wants EASIER fractals weapon.
And math proves it.

GW2 balance:

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I did cof1 about 10 times and I would prefer less RNG with fractal weapons.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

spoj.9672

What people did in the past is irrelevant. The point is fractal weapons are rewarded really stupidly atm and most people would rather that changed. Im sure if you didnt have the skins you wanted you would feel the same. They could make a fractal weapon cost 1000 pristine relics and it would be a better system than it is now despite the ridiculousness of that price. Plus the people who farmed fractals in the past wouldnt be left out because im sure most of them have a lot of pristine relics saved up gathering dust.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Fractal Weapon Ticket

LordByron.8369

What people did in the past is irrelevant. .

In this case lets rollback everything.
We all start from lvl 1 with no equip…..

Aside the fact RNG for skins is acceptable.
Any solution that will respect effort put by people who played fractal that already got the worst reward in the game is fine.

But i don t see any in this thread that would take that in account…..

GW2 balance:

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

basically he got the skin he wants and he wants to remain the only special snowflake

Oceanic [LOD]

Fractal Weapon Ticket

haviz.1340

Human nature.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

“I got mine, so kitten everyone else.”

The common mantra of the political reactionary.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Other decided to give up rewards and just farm fractal 48 with 45 AR (with 55 is already easy….).

You know its like deleting 6 months of farming for some players and just giving free moneys to Others?
Basically its a big slap in the face to whoever played fractal despite the awful rewards….and at least got a skin.

Totally unfair…. and has 0 reason to be done….since rare skins are supposed to be in the game since manifesto.

As said even 166 would be way too easy…because that is calculated on level 48 and you get pristines at 10+

Couldn’t say it any better. You want fractal skins? Do fractals like the rest of us. Don’t expect it to be handed to you.
Also doing lvl 28 over and over is not gonna get you what you want. Advance.
Fractals are not COF, which is a hard concept for some people to handle it seem. You won’t get what you want by just farming it.
The real fractal players do fractals for the sheer fun and challenge, not skins. So stop crying.
The moment you stop whining about what you want and start enjoying fractals for what they are, will be the moment that you’ll get that fractal skin that you always wanted.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Couldn’t say it any better. You want fractal skins? Do fractals like the rest of us. Don’t expect it to be handed to you.
Also doing lvl 28 over and over is not gonna get you what you want. Advance.
Fractals are not COF, which is a hard concept for some people to handle it seem. You won’t get what you want by just farming it.
The real fractal players do fractals for the sheer fun and challenge, not skins. So stop crying.
The moment you stop whining about what you want and start enjoying fractals for what they are, will be the moment that you’ll get that fractal skin that you always wanted.

It’s funny, because some of the people you’re condescending to are Fractal lvl80 (not me though), and/or do lvl48 on a pretty regular basis, yet they also want the system changed.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Fractal Weapon Ticket

LordByron.8369

“I got mine, so kitten everyone else.”

The common mantra of the political reactionary.

Lets see your reasons.

USA guy: Dollar value is fine as it is….euro should be worthless instead because i don t have any euro….

Makes sense….

I didn t get my skins “by luck” on the opposite i was extrenely unlucky….
I can accept a global standardization of skin costs…
I don t want only the one i have to become worthless …. do not pretend that its me the eghoist.

I will gladly accept infinite lights mjolnir and precursors in Exchange of my fotm skins…..if you are really concerned with skins acquisition.
Make them easy as you suggest to make fotm skins.

GW2 balance:

Fractal Weapon Ticket

spoj.9672

Do you actually read other peoples posts? Most of the suggestions made in this thread are exactly what you’ve asked for. Make skins purchasable with pristine relics = every skin requires the same effort for everyone.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

LordByron.8369

Do you actually read other peoples posts? Most of the suggestions made in this thread are exactly what you’ve asked for. Make skins purchasable with pristine relics = every skin requires the same effort for everyone.

you are the one not reading….

50 pristines?

DO math…..even removing RNG its easy skins.

I suggested to:
1) leaving RNG for lucky drops as it is.
2) adding a new token to fight rng based on current chance to get the skin you want.

that are about 166 lvl 48 runs……
This is actually halving the effort.

Or make them sellable so at least fotm players recover some gold.

Opposed to

50 lvl 10 runs……..and stuff like that,

(FYI took me 450+ runs to get the 2 i wanted…..)

GW2 balance:

Fractal Weapon Ticket

spoj.9672

Where did i say anything about 50 pristine relics?…. In fact i mentioned 1000 pristine relics for a skin…. People who have farmed fractals will have a lot more pristine relics than people who didnt farm. So having skins cost pristine relics seems pretty reasonable to me aslong as the price is achievable but not easy. Im also fine with RNG staying aslong as there are other ways to get the skins you desire eventually. I dont like the idea that I will probably never get the one skin i want.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

fractals are hard; wtb lvl48 run, will pay 5g @ maw!

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

LordByron.8369

As was written at least 3 times here:

Weapons are supposed to be dropped from 20+ with different chances.
Pristine are 100% dropped from 10.

Did i ever said leave rng only?
I just answered anyone just wanting easy skins according to current chances.

Also provided 4 suggestions……asking only to somehow respect months of gameplay of some players because few wants a new toy right now.

GW2 balance:

Fractal Weapon Ticket

spoj.9672

You are taking the suggestions way to literally. There are plenty of ways to make the cost unobtainable for people who just farm fractal 10. For example make skins cost a certain amount of relics + a certain amount of shards of mists essence. Or add a new material as a rare drop for higher level fractals (only 30+) and make that part of the cost.

You could even do it similar to how you made the king toad and storm wizard sab tribulation mode skins. You complete tier 4 or higher and it gives you a token, when you have a certain amount of those tokens you can combine them with pristine relics, mist essence and a weapon template in the mystic forge for the skin you want.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Crysys.1297

Crysys.1297

you are the one not reading….

50 pristines?

DO math…..even removing RNG its easy skins.

I suggested to:
1) leaving RNG for lucky drops as it is.
2) adding a new token to fight rng based on current chance to get the skin you want.

that are about 166 lvl 48 runs……
This is actually halving the effort.

Or make them sellable so at least fotm players recover some gold.

Opposed to

50 lvl 10 runs……..and stuff like that,

where is this 1/166 value coming from? fractals skin at lvl48 are about 30% chance of dropping, and there are 19 skins…. so that’s more like ~1/57 ?

It’s really not as bad as you claim. but again, i’d be OK with a combo of pristines and shards to purchase weapons… why not, so long as it is the equivalent of about 50 lvl 48 runs?

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

It is definitely not 30% at 48. I don’t think that is anywhere close to accurate now, if it ever was.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

It’s funny, because some of the people you’re condescending to are Fractal lvl80 (not me though), and/or do lvl48 on a pretty regular basis, yet they also want the system changed.

Leave the system as it is. Everyone I know that has level 80 or do 48 on pretty regular basis had their fractal weapon of choice for a long time now.
What they need to do is work on fractals as a whole. Don’t waste time fixing little things, make the whole fractal rewarding system live already. Back when they first mentioned the reward system for dungeons was getting revamped, they mentioned that they will also work on the reward system for fractals.
That’s what I want them to do. Make fractals worthwile and rewarding just like a regular 20-30 minute dungeon.
Going back to weapon skins, why change it? They do it everywhere else where the drop weapon is RNG based. Twilight Arbor did it, and you don’t see people complaining about not dropping “claim tickets”.
If that was changed in fractals, everyone would have a greatsword, staff, or whatever you want.
People would do it once or twice just to get the claim ticket and that’d be it for fractals for them.
All of us that got the weapons that we wanted, we actually did it over and over again in slight hope to get that one weapon we wanted. And what for? So now you can just hand them out to anyone that wants it? Why stop there? Give out precursor claim tickets while you’re at it… Or even better, make precursor claim tickets scraps and put them in Black Lion Chests…

Fractal Weapon Ticket

spoj.9672

Leave the system as it is. Everyone I know that has level 80 or do 48 on pretty regular basis had their fractal weapon of choice for a long time now.

Nope. You have some pretty lucky friends it seems. In my experience the people who have the nice skins are those that dont really care for them and dont do fractals that often. The people who actually want them and go for them get countless underwater weapons and shortbows. Which is why I stopped going for the sword. I doubt my luck will be any better and id rather make gold for skins I can actually 100% get eventually. I just do fractals for karma and relics for backpieces now.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I have unlocked scale 80 and have ran who knows how many 48s but still no axe or mace.

But I have a shortbow, a torch and underwater weapons!

Fractal Weapon Ticket

haviz.1340

I have unlocked scale 80 on two characters and have run countless 48s.

I got a longbow.

Someone cheer me up, please.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Crysys.1297

Crysys.1297

It is definitely not 30% at 48. I don’t think that is anywhere close to accurate now, if it ever was.

people have actually started doing stats and found it was about 31%. think about it this way; when you run 48 or higher, how many people in your group get a weapon? I most commonly see two, sometimes more, sometimes less, but rarely none at all.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

And it took somebody else 3 runs, how does that not sound like an issue to you?

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Why would they remove something that keeps people playing the game? Retention is a large part of why RNG is so prevalent.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Player Character.9467

Why would they remove something that keeps people playing the game? Retention is a large part of why RNG is so prevalent.

because players that get really bad rng streaks start to look at other games

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Tree.3916

This game is more addicting than heroin… just try to stop

Fractal Weapon Ticket

spoj.9672

Those pesky living story updates! Cant miss them!

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Procop.1579

Procop.1579

I am just posting this in fear of anet implementing 50 pristime Fractal Relics for 1 skin. Which is completely worst solution.

If its implemented every one would we face rolling lvl 10 Fractal with 55 AR and in 3 months every one will be roaming with the rare skins.

Instead make 3 to 5 skins convert into one skin of your choice that’s a way to make people do 50 + Fractal lvl in the future.

Now why i am feared because a lot of people asked anet for some incentive and achieves for WvWvW, anet did listen to its crowd but what happened maps are with full ques with pvers hating being in WvWvW for achieves.

So ask wisely people.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Tree.3916

I am just posting this in fear of anet implementing 50 pristime Fractal Relics for 1 skin. Which is completely worst solution.

If its implemented every one would we face rolling lvl 10 Fractal with 55 AR and in 3 months every one will be roaming with the rare skins.

Instead make 3 to 5 skins convert into one skin of your choice that’s a way to make people do 50 + Fractal lvl in the future.

Now why i am feared because a lot of people asked anet for some incentive and achieves for WvWvW, anet did listen to its crowd but what happened maps are with full ques with pvers hating being in WvWvW for achieves.

So ask wisely people.

Why ask wisely when I can complain about what’s given to me?

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Nope. You have some pretty lucky friends it seems. In my experience the people who have the nice skins are those that dont really care for them and dont do fractals that often. The people who actually want them and go for them get countless underwater weapons and shortbows. Which is why I stopped going for the sword. I doubt my luck will be any better and id rather make gold for skins I can actually 100% get eventually. I just do fractals for karma and relics for backpieces now.

Sorry to hear… I have 3 swords… I really want a dagger though..

Playing GW1 right now. Get at me.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Player Character.9467

Oh I gave up on fractal skins long ago when I got more of the focus than classes that can use it while only getting 3 other weapons.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

I have been doing Fractals 48 daily for the last 2 months, and not daily before that. Started long before 55 ar. recently stopped cuz i got a new job. Still no greatsword for me so i welcome a change even if it means all my farming was unnecessary! I dont care lol. Honestly, if a new way to obtain them was implemented im happy for the other players that don’t have to farm forever like some people to get the weapon they want. They will enjoy the game more and not suffer terrible rng. Your logic is because i had to suffer rng everyone else should too. meh… Also, if they introduced 50 pristine for a relic(not saying its my first choice but) Your farming would not have been wasted. You still have the weapons you wanted and saved 50 relics since you alrdy have them. Leaving room for you to buy other weapons you dont have yet. You also have a headstart on pristine relics which im sure you have many saved up in your bank.

(edited by OMNIBUS.2913)

Fractal Weapon Ticket

LordByron.8369

where is this 1/166 value coming from? fractals skin at lvl48 are about 30% chance of dropping, and there are 19 skins…. so that’s more like ~1/57 ?

It’s really not as bad as you claim. but again, i’d be OK with a combo of pristines and shards to purchase weapons… why not, so long as it is the equivalent of about 50 lvl 48 runs?

I probably did wrong calculation…as you did with 1/57…. its 1.57%

I said just to either use appropriate numbers OR find a way to consider who farmed fractals.

I never said leave as it is.
I just said “if Anet wants to protect precursor value so lucky players (and parasite flippers) can still have theirworth out of it”

Same approach should be used towards rare skins as FOTMS.

Any way will be good….if the rarity remains unchanged OR if players who played it get any sort of compensation just to not “completely rollback” months of efforts just for few players.
(ex make them sellable before changing acquisition)

GW2 balance:

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

The real question is whether they have totally abandonded the fractal system now that they are pushing two-week living story updates.

Wait, that’s still a question? I thought we all already knew.

+1

Also, remember that in a couple of weeks it will be a year since fotm introduction.

Now list things that have changed/been fixed in it. Do not include stealth nerfs/buffs – manly falling under “moar dredges” or “slap a invisible wall here”.

Huge support, uh.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

I have been doing Fractals 48 daily for the last 2 months, and not daily before that. Started long before 55 ar. recently stopped cuz i got a new job. Still no greatsword for me so i welcome a change even if it means all my farming was unnecessary! I dont care lol. Honestly, if a new way to obtain them was implemented im happy for the other players that don’t have to farm forever like some people to get the weapon they want. They will enjoy the game more and not suffer terrible rng. Your logic is because i had to suffer rng everyone else should too. meh… Also, if they introduced 50 pristine for a relic(not saying its my first choice but) Your farming would not have been wasted. You still have the weapons you wanted and saved 50 relics since you alrdy have them. Leaving room for you to buy other weapons you dont have yet. You also have a headstart on pristine relics which im sure you have many saved up in your bank.

get the axe took me 1 year, so just do more fractal and hope , my hope is anet will make new fractal skin then can be dropped only in lvl 50+ when it will return runnable, but they have to be awesome pls anet do that, so i can return farm fractal all day ^^

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

(edited by SoliSnake.9457)

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Prestige to me is completing something considered hard that takes skill, not time.

Legendaries are not prestigious. I could spend $2000 on gems and get a legendary, and be absolutely horrible at the game.

Dungeon armor to me is not prestigious. I could get carried by 4 decent people and get the dungeon armor I want.

Ascended weapons are not prestigious. It just takes time to farm or money to buy the items you need.

The mini Liadri is prestigious in my eyes. Some people thought it was hard and couldn’t complete it. You could not rely on somebody else to carry you. You had to do it yourself, knowing your class and the fight.

RIP in peace Robert

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Posted by: Almdudler.8621

Almdudler.8621

Actually I think the best way would be to be able to put 3 fractal weapons + 1 specific component in the MF and get your desired weapon. The way it is now, its no fun. Im’ against purchasing weapons with relics since those can be too easily farmed from daily 10 while with the other way it takes some time to get three weapons you dont want to use.
I do daily 48 and 38 and sometimes even two of both for weeks now and still dont have my sword and thats all I want. Im so sick of dredge, I just want to puke everytime I see it popping up.
What fractals is at the moment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBDi0iM2kcU

Fractal Weapon Ticket

Tree.3916

Reviving dead threads is a no no