Fractal attitude

Fractal attitude

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I can answer the balance thing with just a question:

Do you remember any single patch balancing even a minor skill according to PvE?
(NB the nerfs split in PvE-WWW-PvP are not Pve stuff are just lazy and uneffective attempts to make up for pvp nerfs).

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Raestloz.7134

Raestloz.7134

Nothing more to say. Just because there is 1 good run, don’t mean there are many other bad runs.

I’d like to increase my chance of having smoother run.

Then play like a team. You don’t need an optimized DPS team to have a smooth and quick Fractals run. You just don’t.

kitten truth.

I ran with a… sub-optimal party on Arah P3, Lupicus got 2 stacks of buff, and at one point it’s me vs Lupicus while 2 others are downed and are trying to bandage to rally. Astonishingly, we managed to get through it and finish the path like it ain’t no thing

Ran with a… more-optimal party, wiped twice at Lupicus despite no buff at all. Go figure

There will always be that “optimal” build for a certain part, doesn’t mean everyone has to go that path, because that’d be boring as kitten

Fractal attitude

LordByron.8369

maybe because arah 3 is one of the easiest dungeon in the game maybe…..i never failed since first try and i consider ascalonian catacomb really hard….

Fotm are a different story…

I really want to see people playing lvl 48 lava shaman without guardians and thieves.

Shaman just can istadown people with the AOE if it crits (not the melee but the metror one can crit for over 17K at 1st hit) to just finish it 1 second later with the agony shot….

Its still doable but if we compare to doing it with 2 guardian, even BAD guardians…its just another game.

GW2 balance:
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I gave up on this thread when he called people who don’t share the same opinion as him ‘close minded’.. Well I laughed for a bit then I stopped reading because I knew eventually my laughter would die and I would feel dead inside.

Lets be clear about this, I call people only closed minded when they think a party composition requires guardians by default, and that rangers should be excluded simply because they are rangers. That IS closed minded. And as other posters have already pointed out, you can run higher level Fractals without a guardian just fine.

I don’t know where the whole argument about Fear came from btw, there seem to be an awful lot of people assuming that I’m a ranged necromancer who fears mobs away. Really, I mostly just fight with scepter+dagger. And there’s a time and place for everything. Obviously fearing a clustered mob away is a dumb thing to do. Fearing a single veteran away that is harassing your low armored buddies on the other hand, is a helpful thing to do (especially if the fear also does damage). It’s all a matter of battle awareness, and using your weapons+skills to the fullest… and yeah, use that dodge button, it becomes essential on the higher Fractals.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Can’t you Fear them against corner or something? That at least sounds useful to me.

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Can’t you Fear them against corner or something? That at least sounds useful to me.

pretty sure you can but from gameplay videos I’ve seen the direction feared target run to seems a little more difficult to control. Hmm, maybe I can go into a coe myself and test with fear me

Oceanic [LOD]

Fractal attitude

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

pretty sure you can but from gameplay videos I’ve seen the direction feared target run to seems a little more difficult to control. Hmm, maybe I can go into a coe myself and test with fear me

Fear makes enemies run away from the caster. So you would have to move round the other side of the mobs when loSing or something. Potentially putting you out of position and for multiple mobs they are always gonna split up because they are never perfectly stacked. Can avoid with imobalize + fear though.

Fractal attitude

Posted by: leman.7682

leman.7682

blahblah

Since when jumping on the OP is constructive? Can you please refrain from directly attacking OP for making a thread that rises a discussion about a perfectly justified issue that is the perception of classes by usually and by large bad heavy armour players?

I also looked at his screenshot, and I agree that it’s not a build that I would run on lvl 79, but where does the OP state that he runs highly organised and optimised fractals. He was in a kitten level 20!

He clearly is a casual player or a beginner and so most probably is his team (especially the guardian writing ‘factual rubbish’).

Your behaviour was inappropriate and you should be ashamed.

@ OP:

Catch me in-game or through PM here, on the forums, so we can talk a little about improving your build.

Leman

(edited by leman.7682)

Fractal attitude

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

@ OP:

Catch me in-game or through PM here, on the forums, so we can talk a little about improving your build.

I’d love to have a chat. But as for the build, I don’t know why people are jumping all over that. There’s nothing wrong with the build. When you do the swamp Fractal, you’ll need a running skill. So I brought Spectral Walk. You can also go with the Warhorn I guess. But if you’re taking the side of the spiders, or the side with the traps, Spectral Walk lets you pop back and forth. You also need condition removal. I chose well of power, because some mobs in the Swamp Fractal spam several immobilize attacks in a row. So just using Prayer to Kormir often does not cut it. As for Plague, I didn’t intend to use the elite anyway for the running of the whisps, so I didn’t change it. I also had Flesh Wurm to quickly teleport back to the place where you put the whisps, but I think I had time to swap that out before combat started.

But of course when the passage opens, you don’t want to be left behind. But I didn’t expect our guardian to immediately start combat, and you can’t change your skills underwater. So what usually happens, is you wait on the other side, adjust your skills, and then start combat. I didn’t have time to do that, or I would have had a different skill bar.

Fear makes enemies run away from the caster. So you would have to move round the other side of the mobs when loSing or something. Potentially putting you out of position and for multiple mobs they are always gonna split up because they are never perfectly stacked. Can avoid with imobalize + fear though.

It’s tricky. I’ve sometimes been able to dodge roll quickly to one side of a foe/mob, and fear them in the right direction. But personally I prefer to use fears to either slow an approaching mob, or to keep pesky enemies busy.

For example, when fighting the Ice Elemental in the Dredge Fractal, he summons these minions that are just annoying. I often fear those away, while focusing my fire on the boss itself. It keeps them from bothering with the rest of my party.

And when fighting the dredge boss before that, that annoying veteran that keeps respawning next to the boss, yeah I fear him away. There are more important foes to focus on, and if he’s really putting the hurt on one of my party members, I’ll target him for a fear.

In Urban Battlegrounds you have these clusters of mobs that come running to you. I usually drop a Spectral wall and some marks that they first have to run through. This doesn’t mess up the aoe attacks of my team mates, but just gives them more time to weaken the mob, before engaging them in melee.

Fear really isn’t as bad as some people in this thread make it out to be, but you have to know how and when to use it.

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Fractal attitude

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

http://youtu.be/_KhPMi1GIc4?t=4m20s

Video evidence of this happening.

Also nice thread OP. I’m a huge advocate of being open minded.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Fractal attitude

Wukunlin.8461

uh oh brazil is here, I’ll be good now

Oceanic [LOD]

Fractal attitude

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

That’s a great example of a properly used fear.

Fractal attitude

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

don’t you worry, I’ve got your back on this one

Brazil

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Bane.3127

Bane.3127

@ leman
Since when is jumping on random pugs (it’s about a pug for kitten’ sake) constructive either? Is criticising others without taking some criticism yourself some trend now?

And the perception of rangers, necros and engies as being bad is well placed since it’s these people that do not understand how bad their class performs in PvE (this case fractals) and go around screaming and wondering why people hate them. I only take these classes if I know there’s a person who knows how to handle their skills and that person is usually a guild member.

So what if it’s a level 20 fractal? Is that a reason to play badly? Appearently it is, since most pugs that go for level 2x eat dirt when they encounter some boss live the Flame Shaman and then they quit the group, log in the forums and make threads about how hard the fight is instead of trying to find the flaws in their playstyle.

I really don’t understand why people complain about other not being open-minded when they join a pug. A pug group is supposed to run the most efficient combination no matter how bad the players are, it prevents even more time being lost to lack of dps, utility etc. Then again, complaining about pugs is even worse, if you want people to do something your way get a guild or a group of friends and you can have aaaall the open-minded-ness you want.

So why should I feel ashamed of pointing out flaws in OP’s statement and yours aswell? I bet you’re gonna report my post for being offensive or some kitten.

Edit: one more thing, there’s this option called “kick”, how about you use it if the guardian hurt your feelings and take someone who shares your opinions

(edited by Bane.3127)

Fractal attitude

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

A pug group is supposed to run the most efficient combination no matter how bad the players are, it prevents even more time being lost to lack of dps, utility etc.

I disagree. A pug is just a random group of players that want to do a Fractals run together. They want to make it to the end, and have fun doing it. That’s it.

Now some players may of the personal opinion that they need to burn through this content as fast and efficient as possible, but that is not the rule. It is okay to do an average run, as long as everyone enjoys the run.

The fact is, that when you play with a pug, you do not know who you’ll end up with. You’ll probably end up with people of various skill levels, and various attitudes. Some nice, some downright hostile. You try to make the best of it. Some people will be in there just for the fun, or to give it a try. Others just for the loot, and to do it as fast as possible. For the enjoyment of the majority of the players, I personally think it is better to be open and friendly to players of all classes, and all skill levels. If they need instructions or tips, I’m happy to provide them. But in the end, you’re just random people playing together and trying to have a good time.

Edit: one more thing, there’s this option called “kick”, how about you use it if the guardian hurt your feelings and take someone who shares your opinions

That’s not what the kick button is there for. The kick button is there in case the whole party really wants that particular player out of their group. It’s not for hurt feelings. Its to get rid of jerks, or open a slot for someone else. And I prefer to convince a guardian to try the run first, before judging his fellow players based on class. I don’t like kicking people.

(edited by Mad Queen Malafide.7512)

Fractal attitude

Wukunlin.8461

I don’t like kicking people either, and I never have. But looking back on all those wasted hours, I really wish I did. Obviously not just for playing a certain profession, but for gameplay or attitude.

Oceanic [LOD]

Fractal attitude

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I don’t like kicking people either, and I never have. But looking back on all those wasted hours, I really wish I did. Obviously not just for playing a certain profession, but for gameplay or attitude.

Yeah, I’ve had my share of parties where one particular player was clearly not pulling his weight, and dragging the entire party down. I saw it recently in Ascalon Catacombs with the ghosts (which really aren’t that hard to trap, and I don’t think someone should be running fullzerker there and dying as much as the player we were forced to let go).

I’ve also seen it at the flame shaman, where one player kept on going down instantly. And the good intended attempts of other party members to constantly help him up, negatively affected our performance and caused several wipes.

Sometimes you need to kick someone and replace him. But I don’t do it lightly, and I don’t do it just because someone says something I disagree with.

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

This WoW-like perception of professions and their roles in GW2 always makes me laugh in a hilarious way for 5 minutes. Then I turn into offense and forcefully make those guys change their attitude or kick them from my party.

Especially since an average scholar or adventurer is better than an average soldier, given the fact they aren’t so in-your-face-I-can-take-a-hit-and-/care-becuuuz-im-a-kitten-warrior and they usually had to learn much more to be as optimal and effective as a warrior or guardian which have rather simplistic mechanics (not bashing anyone, just describing the average). I delight in making those bad players accept how wrong their are and then kicking them out of the dungeon to the filth if they don’t comply.

Since when jumping on the OP is constructive? Can you please refrain from directly attacking OP for making a thread that rises a discussion about a perfectly justified issue that is the perception of classes by usually and by large bad heavy armour players?

Your behaviour was inappropriate and you should be ashamed.

WoW.. did this come from the same person? So what really happened in your life within the 6 hours of the two post to ensue such a dramatic turn of your attitude towards people? Or is it just double standard, in which case your hypocrisy and my cynicism can both be justified.

And who were talking about the WoW trinity? I thought we always talked about mitigation/damage/support, that’s the closest we get now to the so called holy trinity.

And what does "Especially since an average scholar or adventurer is better than an average soldier, given the fact … they usually had to learn much more to be as optimal and effective as a warrior or guardian which have rather simplistic mechanics " even mean? They are harder to play so it’s better? My head hurts.

[PLUM] – SOR

Fractal attitude

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

don’t you worry, I’ve got your back on this one

Gotta just sit back and relax, Brazil’s got the bear pet to watch over you. No worries m8.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Uberkafros.5431

Uberkafros.5431

The pve elitism is not the elitists’ fault at all it is Arena net’s solely.
Trying to escape the holy trinity they allready enforced it in another form.
All dungeon mechanics favour certain proffessions at some point or another making other proffession less favourable or even undesireable.
Trinity never left.

Fractal attitude

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

That’s fine too…

But hey a Guardian can also play at mid-range if they’re full boon Duration spec’d Buff bots. …maybe depends on the dungeon… but saying that a downed guardian is always some Martyr for maximinzing the group’s DPS is just malarky. If he was as “Elite” as his first comments implied, he wouldn’t have been downed at all. My Guardian has 900 healing and less than 15K hp but rarely gets downed. It’s a class that’s literally invulnerable to everything if you can avoid Panicking and change utils between every fight. … so no, the guy in the Screenshot doesn’t get a free pass just b/c he’s expected to be in Melee.

Do not ignore my response. I am actually really offended that you accused me of saying Warriors and Guardians are the only Melee classes in the game, when my post literally said the opposite.

Sorry to offend. …tho I’m not going to requote you and derail this any further, just comment that your words weren’t nearly as clear as you believe their intent to be.

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Player skill > Build

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

Player skill > Build

See like i used to think by this. Until i thought , a skilled player would bring a good build( including gear.) I skilled player would understand condition damage is crap. A skilled player will understand the advantages of the “Corner and Cleave” strategy. A skilled player will always chose melee>ranged.

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

To add to the list of fractal attitudes, i was kicked from a fractal group this morning because i am leveling the fractal reward level of my thief. I was told i could not play with the group as my thief but i could bring another class such as my guardian and go. The difficulty level? 20.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

Fractal attitude

Wukunlin.8461

Some people just lift the boot far too quickly. Occasionally I do get amazing thief pugs (a good thief soloing the campfire bit in snowblind is a bloody blessing) but I just don’t know why I never started a vote on those that insist on auto attacking with their daggers among a huge hoard of dredge. Wait I know, because the other thief in that group was doing the exact same thing.

Oceanic [LOD]

Fractal attitude

Posted by: pullnointer.1476

pullnointer.1476

I’m not keen on the attitude against certain classes, without first having seen how those players actually perform in battle. It seems inherently arrogant to assume that your prows in combat are undisputed because you are playing a guardian, yet others are by default bad because they play a ranger or a necro.

gl trying to get through shaman with that comp :‘D even tho it’s only l20, he is right assuming that none of you are mad pros who are just leveling their kitten-in-fotm alts and otherwise have l48 mains

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

I’m not keen on the attitude against certain classes, without first having seen how those players actually perform in battle. It seems inherently arrogant to assume that your prows in combat are undisputed because you are playing a guardian, yet others are by default bad because they play a ranger or a necro.

gl trying to get through shaman with that comp :‘D even tho it’s only l20, he is right assuming that none of you are mad pros who are just leveling their kitten-in-fotm alts and otherwise have l48 mains

So what do you assume?

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

Fractal attitude

pullnointer.1476

So what do you assume?

? …

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

To add to the list of fractal attitudes, i was kicked from a fractal group this morning because i am leveling the fractal reward level of my thief. I was told i could not play with the group as my thief but i could bring another class such as my guardian and go. The difficulty level? 20.

Was the one that told you not to play already a thief? He might’ve just wanted to steal all the stealthing glory. Otherwise, yeah, kinda jerk move there.

Fractal attitude

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Ok, THIS is exactly the problem that I’m trying to address in this topic.

We did do the Shaman during that run at level 20. None of my party members were “mad pros” and we still defeated the Shaman. It was hard work, because that Shaman is pretty tough, but we did fine. And for the record, I have not done Fractals at level 40+ yet.

This is why you shouldn’t judge players based on their class.

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

We’re not judging the players, we’re judging the class. I mean, I guess somewhat by extension a player that takes a kittenty pve class into fractals gets judged a little bit, but if that player were to switch to a non-trash-tier class there’d be no big deal, because there’s nothing personal about it.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Fractal attitude

Posted by: DargorV.8571

DargorV.8571

The pve elitism is not the elitists’ fault at all it is Arena net’s solely.
Trying to escape the holy trinity they allready enforced it in another form.
All dungeon mechanics favour certain proffessions at some point or another making other proffession less favourable or even undesireable.
Trinity never left.

This basically.

Anet’s dungeon model is flawed simply because it didn’t design its classes to be equally capable.

Sad part is, a year later they still haven’t fixed it.

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I refuse to not play my condition Necro everywhere. Call me what you will, I’ve heard it all. Can I stack bleeds like a champ? Yes. Can I melt any number of adds you throw at us? Of course. Can I perma blind when possible? Most certainly. Do I use staff? For LoS pulls mostly.

This profession has recieved a lot of crap from EVERYWHERE, and I will still play it pretty exclusively. I do great in fractals, granted the highest level I completed with him is 36 with no problems.

I’m tired of the content dragging non heavy, not burst builds through the mud as much as the next Necro/Ranger but the fact is the game has created a PvE community that simply does not allow diverse play. When the time comes that conditions are made more viable (not holding my breath) I’ll be even happier with my class, but for now, I won’t be told that I can’t come to fractals because I’m a Necro.

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

No one is telling you you can’t come to fractals, some of us are just telling you you can’t come in our groups. But you want to force me to play with you. Because players who refuse to accept the DPS meta won’t allow people to play with or not play with whoever they want, they want to force us to play with them. Like a crybaby little brother who won’t let big brother/sister hang out with their friends alone.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I was with a thief once, in a level 28 or 26, we had 2 guardians, an ele (me) and a thief (him) and another class that I don’t remember, (probably a warrior or a guardian), anywho, thief kept saying how if we failed badly he would quit, now as you all know, swamp can be a pain in the kitten sometimes if you don’t have a mesmer, so we failed a few times (3-5), every now and then he would imply that we are noobs and act like he’s better than all of us because he was level 48, even though we had other level 48 in the group so, when he said " If we don’t do it this time I’m leaving," I just snapped and wrote “dude, if you want to go then go, nobody’s forcing your hand,” good thing he left because we did it exactly the first time after that, then we 4 manned bloomhunger and looked for another party member, we got a mesmer and the run went smoothly.
Some people’s build can be really bad, but I’d choose a bad build over an elitist kittenface anytime

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Fractal attitude

Gnat.9405

No one is telling you you can’t come to fractals, some of us are just telling you you can’t come in our groups. But you want to force me to play with you. Because players who refuse to accept the DPS meta won’t allow people to play with or not play with whoever they want, they want to force us to play with them. Like a crybaby little brother who won’t let big brother/sister hang out with their friends alone.

Are you actually serious?

“But you want to force me to play with you”

This is the most elitest comment I’ve heard in these forums, and that’s saying a lot. No one is whining about not getting invited to elitest groups, because it’s not the player base that has created the problem, so get over yourself.

The problem is that ANet lets this deeply flawed content go completely unchecked. They design a game in which the combat system eliminates the need for the traditional Heal/Tank/Damage trinity, which works in theory, and then completely ignores the result of its unprecedented failure in practice.

All classes weren’t designed to run DPS, and all classes certainly weren’t expected to sit on the sidelines while the only effective classes blasted through every instance.

Fractal attitude

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

With some creativity, all classes can be made viable, even highly effective. Necromancers I think are in the worst spot right now, but then again we have yet to see very much high level optimization. Things which are accepted as facts (example: rangers suck in dungeons) can be disproved by just one person with a little patience, dedication, and theory crafting (see Brazil’s recent ranger videos). Yeah, I am pessimistic about the state of necros in dungeons – then again, I would have said the same thing about rangers a few weeks ago.

Arguments that are any variation of “I always see staff necros, necros generally tend to be worse players, necros are useless because they always sit at range and do terrible condition damage” are NOT valid arguments. Those are talking about unskilled individuals, not the class itself. Any class will do poorly if the individual plays it poorly, or does not bring the correct tools to a fight. To say that “necros tend to be worse players” is a poor attempt at conflating the issue, and has no basis in statistical fact – only anecdotal evidence.

In a pug group, the skill of the individual will vastly out way the differences of class effectiveness. Only In a dedicated, organized group will these issues of which classes are absolutely most optimal matter. If taking specific classes matters to you, find a group to run with. If you want to pug, pug, and have fun figuring out strategies that work with your team comp.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

(edited by rfdarko.4639)

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

Its all about the skills, ive seen guardians doing nothing and go down in seconds and talk about BS, commanding everyone which is so annoying.
and i love grouping with good thief, ranger, necro, ele, mesmer because of how much they help our group to speed up the process

have no yet group with a engineer yet, but my friend told me that he grouped with an engineer and the engi literally soloed volcano shaman for like 30-40mins because everyone else died at the beginning

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Fractal attitude

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

This basically.

Anet’s dungeon model is flawed simply because it didn’t design its classes to be equally capable.

Sad part is, a year later they still haven’t fixed it.

Technically it was more balanced at launch.
… 10% of playerbase in PvP > the other 90% in wvw/pve

get on their level

Fractal attitude

Gnat.9405

^lol

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Well, it was a good effort Malafide, but unfortunately your topic only enforced the generally attitude for Fractals to me, ensuring that I feel even less enticed to actually join any PUG team there.

Sorry I don’t have any ambitions to reach lv48 there, nor do I feel it should be the norm by which I’m measured.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Fractal attitude

pullnointer.1476

Ok, THIS is exactly the problem that I’m trying to address in this topic.

We did do the Shaman during that run at level 20. None of my party members were “mad pros” and we still defeated the Shaman. It was hard work, because that Shaman is pretty tough, but we did fine. And for the record, I have not done Fractals at level 40+ yet.

This is why you shouldn’t judge players based on their class.

nobody “judges” nothing here. there is an optimal comp for everything and necro/necro/ranger/war/guard is far from it for shaman. he wanted a smooth run, so it’s better for a necro to find another team for example… everyone wins! ….

Fractal attitude

Posted by: Julian.8326

Julian.8326

I think I’ve said this before, but I’ve done Fractals 48 with all kind of setups and it always comes down to skill, not profession.

Once I did it with 2 Rangers (one being myself), 1 Ele, 1 Warrior and 1 Thief. Second fractal was Grawl Shaman and everyone started freaking out.

Thing is, we did it without wipes, it was one of the most smooth boss fights I’ve had in a while, and we did it without any Guardians, when everyone thinks you NEED a Guardian or whatever to finish that fractal at lvl 48 (Not to mention Rangers are not very welcomed in Fractals 48).

I try to stay away from “only guardians” post and the like in gw2lfg.com or people that start spewing elitists comments when I join the party, those are the groups that end up failing.

Attachments:

Marcus Ironforge ~ Norn Ranger
Alianza Argentina [ARG] @ Sorrow’s Furnace

Fractal attitude

Posted by: aeneq.1760

aeneq.1760

Why does it seem that people are more tolerant of non-max efficient team compositions in fractals than ‘regular’ dungeons? Is there just simply something special about fractals that allows for a broader range of classes/builds to excel?

Min/Maxing in dungeons is about speed runs for profit, ie. repeated runs for gold in most cases. Thats not why people run fractals, its mostly for skins from the chests and you have a limited amount of tries per day for this.

Also most fracs are more about know how than dps optimization…

Fractal attitude

pullnointer.1476

I think I’ve said this before, but I’ve done Fractals 48 with all kind of setups and it always comes down to skill, not profession.

Once I did it with 2 Rangers (one being myself), 1 Ele, 1 Warrior and 1 Thief. Second fractal was Grawl Shaman and everyone started freaking out.

Thing is, we did it without wipes, it was one of the most smooth boss fights I’ve had in a while, and we did it without any Guardians, when everyone thinks you NEED a Guardian or whatever to finish that fractal at lvl 48 (Not to mention Rangers are not very welcomed in Fractals 48).

I try to stay away from “only guardians” post and the like in gw2lfg.com or people that start spewing elitists comments when I join the party, those are the groups that end up failing.

except you don’t understand. it’s a pug. it doesn’t cost much time asking for an optimal class to fill a slot. wiping 10 times at asura or grawl does cost time. your one-time example doesn’t hold ground. if someone thinks either through theorycrafting or past experiences that it’s worth it(it is in most cases), let them.

Fractal attitude

LordByron.8369

lets be clear.

2 guardians (common required) trivialize content.
1+ warriors do the same in a different way if someone can throw few seconds of antiprojectile (elementalist)
Ranger can give 20 seconds of immobilize to bubbled boss

Thief, despite in PvE has a very high skill ceiling AND floor, is really jack of all trades here.

Dagger storm
Smoke wall
Stealth
Healing support
Huge dps

The issue is you find 1 thief out of 10 like that and was possibly the KEY profession here….that for some reason pairs really well with war, ele and ranger

While guardians have a low skill floor so you can get away more easily with anyone.

Ele instead is there only for that suboptimal antiprojectile….a mesmer or guardian would’ve made things way easier.

The point is that party requires 10X skill/effort than any party with 2 guardians….and most of it comes from thief.

GW2 balance:

(edited by LordByron.8369)

Fractal attitude

Posted by: BabyDuckie.3725

BabyDuckie.3725

Does anyone else have issues seeing the boss animation through all the effects being applied.

I find that a lot of the time I have to zoom in to see the tell tale signs

Fractal attitude

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Does anyone else have issues seeing the boss animation through all the effects being applied.

I’ve already spend a whole topic on that subject. Yes, boss tells are terrible in the whole game. Not just because of all the effects spam, they are just unclear in general.

But that’s kind of derailing the topic.

Fractal attitude

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I’ve already spend a whole topic on that subject. Yes, boss tells are terrible in the whole game. Not just because of all the effects spam, they are just unclear in general.

But that’s kind of derailing the topic.

Maybe if you play on a tiny screen in the lowest graphics settings with a very large UI.

Brazil

Fractal attitude

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Only tell i have difficulty spotting is mossmans double swing when hes covered in burning.