Fractal loot nerfed?

Fractal loot nerfed?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

I tend to get good stuff frequently. Today, for example, I got four (not kidding) ascended boxes (boots, shoulder, chest, gloves) – one from T2, two from T3, one from T4. I also got a Deldrimor Steel Ingot and an Elonian Leather Square.

Obviously today was an INCREDIBLY lucky exception, but I generally get at least one good thing at least out of the 12 chests. The other day it was a x20 ascended salvage kit (20g saved). One day it was just an Elonian Square (15g). Another was a gold fractal weapon.

I think the loot is in quite a good position right now, especially considering you get 12 chests to open just for doing 3 fractals.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I tend to get good stuff frequently. Today, for example, I got four (not kidding) ascended boxes (boots, shoulder, chest, gloves) – one from T2, two from T3, one from T4. I also got a Deldrimor Steel Ingot and an Elonian Leather Square.

Obviously today was an INCREDIBLY lucky exception, but I generally get at least one good thing at least out of the 12 chests. The other day it was a x20 ascended salvage kit (20g saved). One day it was just an Elonian Square (15g). Another was a gold fractal weapon.

I think the loot is in quite a good position right now, especially considering you get 12 chests to open just for doing 3 fractals.

Count yourself incredibly lucky.

Today i got 4x potions of deletion, 2 mystic coins and that was it. From all the boxes. I wish i was joking…but now you can see why people would say the loot was “nerfed”.

Not only this the table of items you can get is now severely bloated. From what i can tell they’ve added mystic coins, ecto, 20x salvage kit, each type and size of fractal potions all at an above average rate.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I’ve gotten 4 ascended items, 2 of them armor boxes, 1 accessory, 1 ring.

I think accessories and rings should let you choose the stats.

Rewards seem pretty decent now for fractals imo. Doing the 3 tier 4 dailies plus the 2 recommended I now come out with easily 20+ gold per day.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

Got a bit lucky today. 2 ascended chests, one for boots and for shoulders.

Still, bullkitten RNG is bullkitten RNG. I’m sorry for the players who weren’t lucky even once.

(edited by Neox.3497)

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: TheArtOfMouts.7468

TheArtOfMouts.7468

There is definitly a loot nerf for Infused Ascended Ring.
Before, doing all daily … I had nearly 20 of these ring during a week of play, doing sub 50 fractal scale.
Now, maybe 2-or-3 doing T4.
This is no good for new players.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I wish they’d make the potions account bound.

This is something I will report up to them in my next report. I think this is an easy fix for them and one that’ll help a bit. I also think having the ability to buy a “large” potion with 5 of the “regular” potions will help a lot with inventory management.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Those fractal chests should only be dropping large potions to begin with. A single of 5 stacks from daily chests is just disgusting.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Those fractal chests should only be dropping large potions to begin with. A single of 5 stacks from daily chests is just disgusting.

I’d be happier if they weren’t in there at all. They’re pretty useless as a whole.

I’d also like to see things like the “single ecto” or “single mystic coin” etc… that bloat the loot tables removed. It’s really a slap in the face.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Shampanix.3928

Shampanix.3928

I do fractals quite regularly, mostly tier 2 and mix of tier 3 if I have enough AR for daily. No ascended loot except several rings for more than a month. Meh

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

I do fractals quite regularly, mostly tier 2 and mix of tier 3 if I have enough AR for daily. No ascended loot except several rings for more than a month. Meh

Droprate improves with Level. T2 isn’t much. You get much better loot if you do T4.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: TheArtOfMouts.7468

TheArtOfMouts.7468

Droprate improves with Level. T2 isn’t much. You get much better loot if you do T4.

Yeh
T4 Buffed, everything else nerfed.
For sub 76 scales players, loot has been nerfed.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Yeh

T3 was nerfed, T2 was buffed. I think that T1 stayed the same. And overall T3 was buffed since you also receive T2 and T1 rewards at the same time.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

And it’s ok this way because it was never meant to get full rewards from doing 56-67-77 like everybody did before the change.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

There’s far too much rubbish on the loot tables for t4 daily chests. A single potion? Please just give me a Stabilizing Matrix instead.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Erron.5327

Erron.5327

Is there any way to confirm exactly what personal reward level affects in this whole equation?

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Is there any way to confirm exactly what personal reward level affects in this whole equation?

As far as I can tell (going from 40 to 60 so far since patch) the higher it gets the less stuff you get. My karma is going down and I’ve been getting less items from the chests.

It doesn’t seem like it should work like that, but that’s all i’ve been able to determine in my experience.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

2 weeks later and I think I have a big enough of a sample size to dispel the whole “bad RNG” explanation. Definitely a nerf on loot. I’ve done about average of 2 t3 daily fractals per day since my initial post and loot is considerably worse than before the patch. Every single daily chest I open, regardless of tier, only gives me the minimum resonating sliver, fractal encryption key, agony infusions, and pristine fractal relic. Not that I need them, but i used to get 1 ascended ring per day on average. Now I don’t even get those. Really disappointing. Imo, considering you can’t just do 3 ezmode swamplands for a chest anymore, the rewards deserve a bit of a buff.

Osu

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Well loot may be bad but I have a crap RNG.
I have been doing fractal since the patch.
I got one ascended box of leeging doing the tier4.
One of my guildie have gotten 2 to 3 box per week.
Enjoy the RNG that’s kittenin great.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

The RNG algo seems to cluster badly tbh – I had about 5 months no fractal skins (daily runs) then boom virtually every other day was a skin for th next 2-3 months.

John smith really should check out his clusterkitten RNG Algorithm and see if it’s doing that at all for players (rather than perceived drops). I’m talking from exp of what I see.

I’m still waiting for the tonic and then I can be done with this RNG.
I don’t care for any gold skins (I have 0- a guildie of mine has had 4 drop from the T4 chests and we have ran the same amount of T4s. His RNG is just better than mine atm).

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

(edited by TPMN.1483)

Fractal loot nerfed?

ZBeeblebrox.4928

2 weeks later and I think I have a big enough of a sample size to dispel the whole “bad RNG” explanation. Definitely a nerf on loot. I’ve done about average of 2 t3 daily fractals per day since my initial post and loot is considerably worse than before the patch. Every single daily chest I open, regardless of tier, only gives me the minimum resonating sliver, fractal encryption key, agony infusions, and pristine fractal relic. Not that I need them, but i used to get 1 ascended ring per day on average. Now I don’t even get those. Really disappointing. Imo, considering you can’t just do 3 ezmode swamplands for a chest anymore, the rewards deserve a bit of a buff.

T4 is where the loot is at, bro. Working as intended. They want to make T4 meaningful (contrast with pre-patch, where NO ONE did it).

Fractal loot nerfed?

ZBeeblebrox.4928

I’m still waiting for the tonic and then I can be done with this RNG.

Does the tonic even exist on the loot table (did it ever?). I remember it being announced but have literally never seen anyone get it or use it.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

Okay so its been about two weeks since the daily changes and I’ve done every T4 fractal since. In my honest opinion I have no idea what to expect at the end of the day. It’s sometimes garbage, but some days I might even come out with two ascended boxes. It’s actually rare that the pug I run with doesn’t link a box or a material. However, it’s sometimes depressing spending 2 hours doing dailys just to receive potions. On the other hand I can’t not do them because the drop rate on boxes are so high I’ve almost completed a whole new ascended set already.

Also I can confirm the T4 boxes drop rare rewards at a higher rate. As they were the only ones to drop anything of value.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: STIHL.2489

STIHL.2489

Also I can confirm the T4 boxes drop rare rewards at a higher rate. As they were the only ones to drop anything of value.

I believe you, and really, for the last few months I’ve been really struggling with the reward table in this game being all six colors of kittened up. Maybe it’s time to walk away for a while.

There are two kinds of gamers, salty, and extra salty

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Red Daing.7804

Red Daing.7804

Did all T4 dailies since 19/04 patch. That’s 20 days (incuding patch day and today) for 120 chests (T4+T3).

Armour wise I got 2 ascended boxes (gloves + boots). For me, drop rate is 2,4%, really far from drop rate before patch.

So fractal loot nerfed ? Yes.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Yup, that’s pretty much in line with [KING]‘s research. This is typical though. Most of the major changes boil down to ’give with one hand but take with the other’. More chests might equal more chances, but the sharp decrease in the drop rates nullifies them.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Red Daing.7804

Fractals take more time for less reward… Typical Anet move…

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Fractals take more time for less reward… Typical Anet move…

That’s a joke right, the fractals have never been faster to run, a good group can clear nearly any fractal level in under 15 mins, with a chance and rares/exo’s from end chest, + daily chests.

As for rewards, the daily rewards are up and down, normally someone always gets something ascended when in a group, the last 4 days for me personally all T4 rewards have been poor, but its just RnG, last week I got 3 T7 mats, and an armor box, so its probably on course when I look at it spread out over a month or so.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

It’s definitely more time for the average player. Swamp was easy, fast and virtually infallible.

Now, while the current system is definitely more fun and interesting, some fractals are a nightmare at T4. I’ve had a few parties fall apart for these dailies.

Of course, I don’t expect to just have ascended chests rain from the sky, but you should never open a T4 chest and think ‘what the kitten is this?’. All of the loot at that tier should be desirable, considering how much you need to invest in gear to even play at that level. Those manky little potions and lonely globs of ecto aren’t cutting it.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Vinceman.4572

Of course it’ll take longer than before if you compare it to “Swamp Of The Mists” which wasn’t intended. SOTM was player driven, a joke and a painful thing to watch for fractal veterans.
At the moment it’s way better plus it feels more rewarding in my opinion. I haven’t had nightmare runs so far. Some bad ones, yes, resulting in 1-2 players leaving but with the new guys it went smooth afterwards. I recommend a friend to run with ya. He doesn’t even have to be very good – I take a great sword mesmer guildie with me – but the communication can prevent complete group wipes and you can rely on each other.

I agree to the rewards like potions, ectos or tomes of knowledge only. I think that should be changed maybe to 10 ectos, a good amount of T6 mats or something comparable to that.

(edited by Vinceman.4572)

Fractal loot nerfed?

Red Daing.7804

That’s a joke right, the fractals have never been faster to run, a good group can clear nearly any fractal level in under 15 mins, with a chance and rares/exo’s from end chest, + daily chests.

15 mns with pugs ? You have to be really lucky… Even a good group will need more than 15 mns for T4 underground facility, uncategorized or thaumanova reactor… For the player’s majority, your argument is a joke.

As for rewards, the daily rewards are up and down, normally someone always gets something ascended when in a group, the last 4 days for me personally all T4 rewards have been poor, but its just RnG, last week I got 3 T7 mats, and an armor box, so its probably on course when I look at it spread out over a month or so.

As said before 2,4% for 120 chests, doesnt look like “up and down”, more likely “down” only.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

As someone who has done fractals daily since 2012, I think fractals loot is the best it has ever been right now.

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

Fractal loot nerfed?

Vinceman.4572

15 mns with pugs ? You have to be really lucky… Even a good group will need more than 15 mns for T4 underground facility, uncategorized or thaumanova reactor… For the player’s majority, your argument is a joke.

These are the longer ones, ok. But even if we have these 3 together on one day, the next days it’ll be shorter or medium ones ofc.

Look:
Aquatic Ruins = very fast
Swamp = very fast
Aetherblade = very fast
Molten Duo = very fast
Snowblind = (very) fast, only endboss has too many hp
Volcanic = fast
Solid Ocean = fast to medium but very easy
Urban Battleground = very fast to medium (depending on strat), very easy
Molten Furnace = medium but very easy
Mai Trin 100 = medium but easy (she is no threat, seriously!, all pugs except one I ran with beat the challenge by almost 10 minutes left or more and we weren’t even trying)

Thaumanova = “longer” (in pugs) and maybe a bit annyoing when facing the boss
Uncategorized = “longer” but not very hard
Underground = “longer” – can be a pain with pugs but also a blast with good ppl
Cliffside = “longer” but shorter as before, easy to medium till boss, boss is new so ppl have to learn the best strat – let’s evaluate this in 1-2 months

This is just my personal view from pugging along with one friend and some rare runs with another guild mate. Maybe, well coordinated groups will laugh about the list I made up and that’s a key point:
Fractals were never meant to be pugged in the first place. The lfg is an offer that Anet has made for the players. You can’t expect to have a cake walk with ppl you don’t know and with only a tiny chat communication.

As said before 2,4% for 120 chests, doesnt look like “up and down”, more likely “down” only.

You just have an eye for the asc boxes, I can understand that because it’s the biggest reward besides getting an expensive precursor (what will never happen). But you forget the T7 mats yielding 10-20g depending on which one you get. While I agree that a fractal potion, a single ecto, an unidentified dye or a tome of knowledge is not a proper reward for T4, the rest isn’t as bad as a few ppl want us make believe. Yeah, you can have a bad rng but it’ll pay out for everyone. If you’re really looking for making the best out of your time, you should go farming gold on several maps I won’t mention here. You know them for sure.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Red Daing.7804

I only pug (alone) and most of the time all T4 fractals (except swamp and molten duo) take more than 15 mns to complete (can also be a lot longer). That’s a fact.

I only do fractals for ascended boxes, wouldnt bother to do this content (did it enough) every day without this reward. I know faster way to make gold if I need it and I dont need T7 mats.

(edited by Red Daing.7804)

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

Got a legging box from initiate, so I guess the drops are definitely there. Hopefully that’s enough to convince the lower level runners to keep on grinding. I still kind of wish there was a decent static reward like the old daily had with items that sold for gold. The resonating silvers are garbage ever since they flooded the market.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Vinceman.4572

I only pug (alone) and most of the time all T4 fractals (except swamp and molten duo) take more than 15 mns to complete (can also be a lot longer). That’s a fact.

That’s not a fact for everyone. It is just your single experience from pugging. I repeat myself: Fractals weren’t designed to be pugged in the first place. Be happy that you can. I would always prefer a 5-man group over pugging due to obvious reasons.

I only do fractals for ascended boxes, wouldnt bother to do this content (did it enough) every day without this reward. I know faster way to make gold if I need it and I dont need T7 mats.

T7 mats are needed to craft asc items tyi. To insist on boxes only is ridiculous and childish. Some people are never satisfied and so the whole point is not debatable for me.
He is right imho:

As someone who has done fractals daily since 2012, I think fractals loot is the best it has ever been right now.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

I think if I was really dissatisfied with the pugging experience I would take steps to not have to pug. If only there was an entire subforum of guilds looking for players to take part in daily static fractal groups…

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

Fractals were never meant to be pugged in the first place. The lfg is an offer that Anet has made for the players. You can’t expect to have a cake walk with ppl you don’t know and with only a tiny chat communication.

I have to disagree with you there. Fractals are basically dungeons that scale up in difficulty. With the exception of thaumanova, none of the fractals require much in the way of coordination or chat. With the exception of t1 fracs, everyone expects the other members of the party to know what to do in every fight. RAIDS were not meant to be pugged.

BTW, got my first ascended weapon box last night on scale 75. There is hope!

Osu

Fractal loot nerfed?

Vinceman.4572

I have to disagree with you there. Fractals are basically dungeons that scale up in difficulty. With the exception of thaumanova, none of the fractals require much in the way of coordination or chat. With the exception of t1 fracs, everyone expects the other members of the party to know what to do in every fight. RAIDS were not meant to be pugged.

Well, Anet hasn’t implemented an lfg tool when releasing group content so there is no doubt that the intention of the company was to conquer 5-man-content organized e.g. with friends or guild mates.
It was the community that asked for that tool and got it in the end.
And personally I don’t compare fractals with dungeons. Dungeons are a cake walk they were before HoT and afterwards. Fractals are a step higher, a thing between dungeons and raids.
The only official statement of Anet about pugs was during the launch of the raid when they were saying that this content definitely needs a proper group.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I’ve done the t4 dailies about 10 times since the patch.

I’ve gotten a coat chest, weapon chest, and a shoulder chest. so I consider myself a bit lucky but really this is just RNG

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

just showing off – got extremely lucky today.

- 3 rings (1 infused)
- 1 boots box
- 1 weapon box

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yeh

If only. Actually, the t4 wasn’t buffed at all. Assuming you do all dailies at t4, you will now get slightly lower chance of getting ascended armor, about halved chance for weapons and significantly lower chances for rings (both normal and infused) compared to what was before. All that, while having to do more difficult fractals at higher fractal levels than before.

(data taken from [King] research)

So, contrary to Anet’s statements, last fractal changes were a definite nerf in that regard.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Fractal loot nerfed?

Red Daing.7804

]If only. Actually, the t4 wasn’t buffed at all. Assuming you do all dailies at t4, you will now get slightly lower chance of getting ascended armor, about halved chance for weapons and significantly lower chances for rings (both normal and infused) compared to what was before. All that, while having to do more difficult fractals at higher fractal levels than before.

(data taken from [King] research)

So, contrary to Anet’s statements, last fractal changes were a definite nerf in that regard.

Exactly my point. I cannot agree more.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Definitely feels nerfed and seeing KING’s data just backs up that feeling.

Most days I get nothing but potions and the occasional 1 ecto or 1 mystic coin which granted are better than nothing but it still feelsbadman.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

Wait until they actually DO nerf the loot. It makes absolutely no sense to do the T4 dailies and instantly get credit for the first three tiers and get the loot from those too. Imagine if raiders just went in and killed the last boss in the raid, but were instantly given the loot from all the previous bosses. With the way it is, if you do the Dragon’s Stand meta and AFK through the whole thing, until the Mordremoth mouth part, you should get the chests/drops for the entire event chain all the way through from the start (even though you didn’t do them – which is how daily fractal loot is atm).

When Anet figures out it makes no sense…then make a thread.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

(edited by Ubi.4136)

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Wait until they actually DO nerf the loot. It makes absolutely no sense to do the T4 dailies and instantly get credit for the first three tiers and get the loot from those too. Imagine if raiders just went in and killed the last boss in the raid, but were instantly given the loot from all the previous bosses. With the way it is, if you do the Dragon’s Stand meta and AFK through the whole thing, until the Mordremoth mouth part, you should get the chests/drops for the entire event chain all the way through from the start (even though you didn’t do them – which is how daily fractal loot is atm).

They already did factor that in. See my post above about how last fractal change nerfed drops? That was including the fact you get 4 boxes for t4. Compared not to full daily before, but merely to single swamp of the mists champion fractal box.

tl/dr: all four tiers boxes, for all 3 daily specific fractals, taken together give lower loot compared to a single t3 box before.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

lol

of course it makes sense, you get more rewards for doing the same thing on a higher difficulty…
Your examples are horribly bad since it’s not even remotely the same.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

lol

of course it makes sense, you get more rewards for doing the same thing on a higher difficulty…

No, you get better loot in the T4 chest, for doing the harder instance. You should not get all of the loot for every tier below it when you haven’t done it. It makes no sense to give people loot for a tier they did not do. I’m not arguing that the T4 loot couldn’t be better, I’m just saying it makes no sense to get loot for something that wasn’t done.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

lol

No, you get better loot in the T4 chest, for doing the harder instance. You should not get all of the loot for every tier below it when you haven’t done it. It makes no sense to give people loot for a tier they did not do. I’m not arguing that the T4 loot couldn’t be better, I’m just saying it makes no sense to get loot for something that wasn’t done.

Urgh. The daily is “do this fractal on scale 1 or higher” so why doesn’t it make sense?

Also it’s probably a design choice so players wouldn’t feel forced to do 3 fractals 4 times just to get all the loot. So it makes even more sense.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Two weeks of t4 for me = 0 ascended loot (was much better pre-patch for me).

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Fractal loot nerfed?

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

It does make sense since the daily is do a fractal of that level or higher. The only issue with this would be that it completely illuminate the daily replayability of fractal. Everybody will only do 3 fractal per day now and never do several daily per day like in the old days where we would do a 50, 40 and 30. That said, the amount of people doing several fractal per day is pretty limited. I used to do it, but only on rare occasion and I feel ok with not doing it anymore. To be honest, doing more than 3 fractal per day is a bit of a choir these days and I get all the reward in one run anyway, so it’s really not a big deal.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD