Fractal rewards

Fractal rewards

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Just did a 50. Out of four, only one got a infused ring. Lower tiers also gave nothing.
Yeah, I’m not feeling the “improved” drop rates.

It’s been less than 48 hours since the update.

Get a grip.

Yes, your 2 runs are just a drop in a bucket. Please keep an eye on the data here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av4NvDVKEaOzdHJPaTlsRU5LeEJWN3hodklXWGFCU1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

This is the best we have to check the drop rates.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

Too bad they dont record “nothing” as a reward

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Zarenda Mal.1364

Zarenda Mal.1364

Just did our first 49 since the patch, all 5 of us got nothing. No rings (infused or otherwise), no weapon or armor chest, no fractal weapon skins, nothing…. We got better loot before the patch. The drops were also nothing particularly special. Not feeling it yet here either.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Just did our first 49 since the patch, all 5 of us got nothing. No rings (infused or otherwise), no weapon or armor chest, no fractal weapon skins, nothing…. We got better loot before the patch. The drops were also nothing particularly special. Not feeling it yet here either.

While it stinks yall got nothing… it was your only data point. Do 10 level 49s and have everyone get nothing and then I might be more apt to have your opinion.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Fractal rewards

Zarenda Mal.1364

Actually it is 5 data points. I have never done a higher level fractal run where not one person got at least a ring or chest or a weapon skin (usually 2 or 3 people get either an infused or uninfused ring). This is the first time it has happened, now that they have improved the loot at higher levels….

Fractal rewards

Lilith Ajit.6173

Read the excel document. It appears the data is showing a different result than your 1 run. Because statistics right?

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Fractal rewards

Zarenda Mal.1364

That may be, we will see. However, it is never a good sign to have 5 people do a high level fractal and none of them get any reward at all. I am not impressed with the algorithm at this stage.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Might be heresay but I heard that since the rewards update the drop rates in 49 and 50 have actually gotten worse. Not sure if this is a result of wonky stats or Anet error (or it could be 100% false).

Someone with programing expertise might know this. How hard is it to fix the drops? Seems to be a simple change X for Y and it’s fixed.

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Fractal rewards

Kupper.8074

That may be, we will see. However, it is never a good sign to have 5 people do a high level fractal and none of them get any reward at all. I am not impressed with the algorithm at this stage.

What do you consider a high lv fractal? If you are counting something in the 41-50 you have about 1/4 chance to get something. Statistically should one of you gotten something, sure, but it isn’t that far off.

Might be heresay but I heard that since the rewards update the drop rates in 49 and 50 have actually gotten worse. Not sure if this is a result of wonky stats or Anet error (or it could be 100% false).

Someone with programing expertise might know this. How hard is it to fix the drops? Seems to be a simple change X for Y and it’s fixed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av4NvDVKEaOzdHJPaTlsRU5LeEJWN3hodklXWGFCU1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

This is the only truth we have, 50s have been increased since March.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

yestarday, after 3 and a half hours in fractal lvl 50 (we got swamp, ascalon and hammer, last was zerker and firestorm), i got nothing. Around 7-8 ppl left from the group as we continue to die on ascalon (apparently they changed it, “hug the wall” strategy isn’t possible because of the numerous mobs along the way) but we managed somehow.

We had a laggin war who couldn’t stay alive 5 min in battle… anyway after all that suffering, not even a ring. Not even a single stinkin ring i can sell for 4 silvers. One of the party member got armor chest, other one got infused ring. The rest of us got kitten in the box.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Dehuang.2053

Dehuang.2053

I thought i’d post something here, because it’s just ridiculous, I do at least 1 fractal per day since “fractured” (the updated rewards got me interested, one of my goal now is to get every fractal weapons), I completed Fractal Frequenter a long long long LONG time ago, I got thousands and THOUSANDS of useless fractal relics, almost a hundred of pristines, more ascended rings that i can count.
but yeah…
I can hear you asking: “what about your goal? how many fractal skins do you have?”
well

…………..
yep, that’s right :/ only 2, after spending countless hours doing 38+, it’s pathetic.

my question is: Why Anet, Why does the prettiest skins rely on some dumb kitten RNG crap? you have a currency (fractal relics), why not make the skins purchasable with relics? Fractal is your end game content, the progression with the instability is really awesome, but the rewards?? they are completely kittening and off-track…

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Because you do not worship RNGsus, unbeliever.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Fractal rewards

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

I thought i’d post something here, because it’s just ridiculous, I do at least 1 fractal per day since “fractured” (the updated rewards got me interested, one of my goal now is to get every fractal weapons), I completed Fractal Frequenter a long long long LONG time ago, I got thousands and THOUSANDS of useless fractal relics, almost a hundred of pristines, more ascended rings that i can count.
but yeah…
I can hear you asking: “what about your goal? how many fractal skins do you have?”
well

…………..
yep, that’s right :/ only 2, after spending countless hours doing 38+, it’s pathetic.

my question is: Why Anet, Why does the prettiest skins rely on some dumb kitten RNG crap? you have a currency (fractal relics), why not make the skins purchasable with relics? Fractal is your end game content, the progression with the instability is really awesome, but the rewards?? they are completely kittening and off-track…

Well I finally got my 2nd fractal skin today and it was…THE SAME AS THE FIRST. GG Anet. G G.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Did level 13 fractal last night – got an ascended ring

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Fractal rewards

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Sooo have the rewards got any better? I keep getting empyreal fragments but we usually get at least 1 box or skin in 5…. Every 2 runs, circa.

Fractal rewards

Veydar.5017

but yeah…
well

…………..

Well I finally got my 2nd fractal skin today and it was…THE SAME AS THE FIRST. GG Anet. G G.

This can’t be real. You can’t get the same skin twice … or can you? I think a verification of this would be enough to make me uninstall the game and buy Wildstar. No one and I mean not a single developer in the world, could screw up this badly.

Fractal rewards

deSade.9437

but yeah…
well

…………..

This can’t be real. You can’t get the same skin twice … or can you? I think a verification of this would be enough to make me uninstall the game and buy Wildstar. No one and I mean not a single developer in the world, could screw up this badly.

I think you better start downloading Wildstar.

Fractal rewards

Kupper.8074

but yeah…
well

…………..

I think you better start downloading Wildstar.

I have 3x tridents, enjoy Wildstar.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

My two daggers and two focuses (foci? :P) say hi. :P

Fractal rewards

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

My three Fractal Pistols, and my two Fractal Greatswords hope you enjoy WS.

Fractal rewards

Lilith Ajit.6173

Yep my 2 fractal pistols are sad.

Hehe

[ARES]

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

My 2 rifles and 2 daggers bid farewell to you, Veydar.5017.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Never had a skin twice. My.. e hem… Sword/Mace/Harpoon/Longbow/Rifle say hello. So far I have seen greatsword/dagger/hammer/staff/scepter/shortbow/focus blessed to the groups that I was playing with. I’ve got my first raider chest from a pug at the third fractal. Barely did anything → high rewards.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Fractal rewards

Veydar.5017

And this also applies to post fractured? But okay, see you in WS lol

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

3x maces, 4x spearguns, 2x rifles, 2x longbows and 2x hammers say hi. Most of those skins are pre-fractured. Good thing I also managed to get a sword skin before fractals got shafted.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

All of my skins are post fractured. None of them are from level 40+ :>

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Fractal rewards

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

but yeah…
well

…………..

My three GS, two staffs, two warhorns and two shortbows hope that you enjoy Wildstar more than GW2.

Anyway, yeah, the drops still seem to be bad, a bit better than before, but still bad. Give us the friggin fractal weapon chests for 41+ already and don’t lock them behind difficulties we can’t even play yet (and prolly can’t for another year)

Fractal rewards

Posted by: ordeal.9145

ordeal.9145

This is just ridiculous whats up with this game and rewards, this isnt just fractal (mostly for me tho) but it seem like the dev dont want to give any unique reward accquaired by hard work aka grinding. I have been doing fractal since its been released and got legendaries insted of some fractal weapons beucase they are impossible to get.

I want an answer is this teeth grinding way of dishing out reward is your way? i feel like being spit in the face for all the time i do fractal over and over some time 3 runs a day and get nothing! and since the fractal patch the drops got lowered we all know it we cant prove it but we play fractal so much we can see it got worse.

So are they ever going to give me somthing i want for the time i play this game? i am sick of rewards, skins, to be gotten by RNG gods or gems.

Why do i even keep playing a game like this that mock every player who put time into it for nothing?

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

I’d go off right now to play W* if it wasn’t un-optimized as frig and if it had the same b2p model like gw2. I don’t like renting games.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Fractal rewards

Posted by: beastie.4536

beastie.4536

I’ve recorded down my fractal loot after the May 20th patch which is suppose to improve the drop rate. To me the drop rate is still the same, 29 runs 30-40 hrs spent. 1 Trident skin(I alrdy have 3 fractal trident skin) 1 defender’s ascended chest of gloves and thousands of useless fractal relics. I think it’s time for me to give up on fractal it’s completely waste of time.

I really hope anet can adopt the dungeon token system on fractal. I dont care if a fractal skin or ascended chests is gonna cost us thousands of fractal relics but at least we have a realistc goal we can work on instead leaving everythig to rngesus.

5/21
49/Nothing
37/Fractal Trident

5/22
49/Infused Ring
36/Nothing

5/23
49/Uninfused Ring

5/24
49/Nothing
40/Nothing

5/26
49/Nothing

5/27
49/Infused Ring
36/Nothing

5/28
49/Uninfused Ring

5/29
49/Nothing
37/Uninfused Ring

5/30
49/Infused Ring
38/Nothing

5/31
49/Infused Ring

6/01
49/Uninfused Ring
37/Infused Ring

6/02
49/Infused Ring
40/Defender’s Chest

6/03
49/Infused Ring
39/Nothing

6/04
40/Nothing
49/Uninfused Ring

6/05
49/Uninfused Ring
38/Nothing

6/06
49/Infused Ring

6/07
49/Infused Ring
36/Nothing

Mike O’Brien: "We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

Fractal rewards

Dehuang.2053

I’ve recorded down my fractal loot after the May 20th patch which is suppose to improve the drop rate. To me the drop rate is still the same, 29 runs 30-40 hrs spent. 1 Trident skin(I alrdy have 3 fractal trident skin) 1 defender’s ascended chest of gloves and thousands of useless fractal relics. I think it’s time for me to give up on fractal it’s completely waste of time.

I really hope anet can adopt the dungeon token system on fractal. I dont care if a fractal skin or ascended chests is gonna cost us thousands of fractal relics but at least we have a realistc goal we can work on instead leaving everythig to rngesus.

5/21
49/Nothing
37/Fractal Trident

5/22
49/Infused Ring
36/Nothing

5/23
49/Uninfused Ring

5/24
49/Nothing
40/Nothing

5/26
49/Nothing

5/27
49/Infused Ring
36/Nothing

5/28
49/Uninfused Ring

5/29
49/Nothing
37/Uninfused Ring

5/30
49/Infused Ring
38/Nothing

5/31
49/Infused Ring

6/01
49/Uninfused Ring
37/Infused Ring

6/02
49/Infused Ring
40/Defender’s Chest

6/03
49/Infused Ring
39/Nothing

6/04
40/Nothing
49/Uninfused Ring

6/05
49/Uninfused Ring
38/Nothing

6/06
49/Infused Ring

6/07
49/Infused Ring
36/Nothing

I also did a lot of fractals since the 20th (1 or 2 per day) but sadly I wasn’t lucky like you (well, if getting a fractal trident IS luck lmao)
No fractal skins and no ascended chests
50% I got nothing, the rest i got useless rings
broken end-game reward design
see you in WS

Fractal rewards

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I got the fractal sword skin. A lot of my guild were a tad jealous about this. Next I hoped to land the longbow skin, instead i got torch. However I kept playing fractals. Then I got sword skin again. It is already in my wardrobe. I can’t use it, sell it or give it away. A vendor which allowed me to swap it would have been awesome and you just get open fractal weapon token. Then I can play for what it is I want, and not be burdened with stuff I already have, can’t sell, give away or use in any way.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

4 dailies today (49, 38, 21, 11) and every time I got nothing, not even a shabby uninfused condition damage ring.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: ordeal.9145

ordeal.9145

not letting this thread go down/
one year and still no fractal axe a dam year! and i thought to get new wvw s2 axe insted but rewards for playing the game are somthing bad to think of right?

Fractal rewards

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

not letting this thread go down/
one year and still no fractal axe a dam year! and i thought to get new wvw s2 axe insted but rewards for playing the game are somthing bad to think of right?

I feel your pain.

Fractal rewards

Oxidia.8103

My pre patch collection is: 2x shortbow, longbow, rifle, speargun, harpoon, torch, sword, hammer and staff. After patch: nothing. One ascended leg box in 4 months and zero skins? There were times when i don’t even get a ring on lvl 50. I’m not saying i should get an ascended box or a skin on every run but… every 90-100th run? I could even go with that. I have around 230 pristine relics. Give me an option to swap 250 pristine relics to a skin of my desire. I could even go with that

Fractal rewards

deSade.9437

Got 2 ascended boxes in 2 runsafter about 10 days of nothing… not too terrible. They might have improved droprates after that patch, yeah…
… but they’re still kinda sucky compared to after the disgusting fractured patch.
v v v Never forget.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

As I can’t open google docs at work, what does the spreadsheet show? Curious about real data collection, not “I ran a fractal and didn’t get anything; quitting for WS k thx bye”

Fractal rewards

Kupper.8074

As I can’t open google docs at work, what does the spreadsheet show? Curious about real data collection, not “I ran a fractal and didn’t get anything; quitting for WS k thx bye”

Fuzzy numbers here:Chests Opened| Skin% | Weapon% | Armor%
30s: 148| 8.1%| 2% |3.3%
41-49: 166| 5.4%| 3.6%|10%|
50: 41| 0%|9.76%|12.20% (no skins here is a real head scratcher but only 41 chests)
41-50 combined: 207| 4.35% |4.83%11.11%

I’ve personally run ~10 since patch and haven’t seen anything.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight

Fractal rewards

Posted by: RSLongK.8961

RSLongK.8961

2 days ago i got useless coat box, then onward i keep getting Etting bands Oo
Tis a curse?

Main: Warrior|Character counter: 16

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

I’ve run a 50 nearly every day since the patch and only received infused and uninfused rings.

Also have been receiving an alarming number of vials of mists essence.

Silver lining: At least I’ve made about 1 gold in the last month selling rings.

Fractal rewards

Kupper.8074

I’ve run a 50 nearly every day since the patch and only received infused and uninfused rings.

Also have been receiving an alarming number of vials of mists essence.

Silver lining: At least I’ve made about 1 gold in the last month selling rings.

What is sad is that with 8-10 minutes in CoF 1 you will get the same amount of gold as ~20 hours of fractals from rings vendoring.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

I had a burst of activity in terms of drops right after the patch then it became really quiet.

Right after the patch, I got 3 ascended armour chests, 2 ascended weapon chests, a fractal sceptre, then it was real quiet for a while with only a few rings to show for my efforts with another armour chest, a precursor, and another armour chest last night.

Fractal rewards

Lilith Ajit.6173

I had a burst of activity in terms of drops right after the patch then it became really quiet.

Right after the patch, I got 3 ascended armour chests, 2 ascended weapon chests, a fractal sceptre, then it was real quiet for a while with only a few rings to show for my efforts with another armour chest, a precursor, and another armour chest last night.

throws kittens and punches puppies

[ARES]

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Another Khillbron’s Phyllactery! http://i.imgur.com/EQREB7c.gif

Fractal rewards

Oxidia.8103

Got a first skin after patch, a pistol did a lvl 38

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Got a shield tonight doing a 38 run

Fractal rewards

Posted by: etb.2703

etb.2703

Rngesus has weird ways of doing things. Did a 50 yesterday, me and 1 other in the party got lunaria the celesial ring. Half an hour later completing a 40, me and the same person got Solaria, the other celestial ring.

Fractal rewards are still borked. After every single fractal I ask myself why I still do this content. Got over 400 pristine fractal relics not counting the ones I double clicked.. Maybe ONE DAY they will introduce something other than rings that you can trade them for.

Fractal rewards

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

Fractal rewards are still borked. After every single fractal I ask myself why I still do this content. Got over 400 pristine fractal relics not counting the ones I double clicked.. Maybe ONE DAY they will introduce something other than rings that you can trade them for.

I’m in the same boat. I’m starting to wonder if there is diminishing returns on loot from Fractals, seeing as all I do every day is log in, run a 50 with high hopes of finally breaking my streak of 4 bonus silver, getting a ring anyway (two uninfused in a row!) and logging off too disgusted to run anything else.

Oh well, at least those 8,000 fractal relics are a cold comfort since they can turn into exotics like every other dungeon currency. Or ectos. Or soulbound Runes.

Fractal rewards

Dehuang.2053

Today I ran a lvl 50 with 4 other pugs and I got nothing, but that’s not why i’m making this post… One of the pugs got a fractal sword skin. I was really happy for him first, but then he said it was his 3rd fractal sword skin, so he deleted it :/
Now, i’ve been running fractals everyday since the fractured release, never got a fractal sword, and RNG hits again. A fractal sword dropped and someone who already have the skin got it?!? :/
it’s not the first time it happens and it needs to stop. WoW’s raid’s reward system is really better in term of design because if you already got the skin/item that dropped, you actually leave your group members a chance to have it!!
#fractalbrokenreward