Fractal weapons.

Fractal weapons.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: HeNnAz.8913

HeNnAz.8913

Can you make it so there is a second and maybe third way of gaining fractal weapons? because at the moment they’re probably the best looking weapons behind legendary’s.
Just a suggestion <3 xoxo

It’s ya boy fred.
I’ll suck volcanus for stability.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

They wouldn’t really be Fractal weapons if you could get them outside of Fractals

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: HeNnAz.8913

HeNnAz.8913

They wouldn’t really be Fractal weapons if you could get them outside of Fractals

I meant, different ways through fractals. Like 20 pristine fractal relics or like 2k normal fractal relics, just a different way to get them other than JUST drops in fractals.

It’s ya boy fred.
I’ll suck volcanus for stability.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

I meant, different ways through fractals. Like 20 pristine fractal relics or like 2k normal fractal relics, just a different way to get them other than JUST drops in fractals.

Oh, sorry then.
That does sound good, then. It’d also allow players to get the specific weapons they want.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Soinetwa.5193

Soinetwa.5193

if you can choose the weapon on your own the price should be more like 73 pristine relics and 4729 normal fractal relics

a fractal weapon random skin box AND a box f choice (diferent prize) would ne nice tough^^

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

It should stay like it is now, f weapons should be “hard” to farm, just look how many skins ppl can get by gem store etc, easily and fast…:P in this game should be smth what is harder to farm, not only lege weapons

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Hard to farm? I suppose you mean like that in the pure sense of praying hard to the rngods?
Because frankly that is all that will help you to get fractal skins.
I don’t mind putting effort in the form of time into something in a game (though i prefer skill, which ultimately also includes time to learn something). But the rng factor in the case of fractal weapon skins for most people simply negates the option to put effort into it. Because it’s purely luck based.
Yes you an put more effort/time into it by doing more fractals to have more possible rolls on the rng table. But at the end of the day it will still be purely luck based.

Edit: And this comes from someone who has had incredible luck with his fractal skins. There’s only one still out there, that is on my “I’d like to have” list. All other fractal skins that i wanted I’ve got already.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Chrisco.5732

Chrisco.5732

The plain and simple solution is to make it so that it isnt based on RNG.

The answer is kinda obvious (and has been said since the fractal CDI and looonnng before). Simply make a dungeon npc, like every other dungeon, that accepts fractal tokens (who cares which, heck it can be both). If they want to keep the items rare make it require a ludicrous amount of relics.

As someone who LOVES fractals (i have around 21k relics and sitting on 350 pristine) and is in there everyday either with guildies or pugs. I find it a bit silly that ive been farming for over 18 months to get one silly mace. At this point its WAY easier to get legendaries than fractal weapons. Which is totally fine, im not saying they should be easy to get. Though there should be a light at the end of the tunnel. Faming mindlessly for some random rng drop isnt fun, working towards a difficult goal is.

… But this has all been said before hundreds of times and nothing ever changes so whats the point really.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

20 relics? 75 relics for a skin of choice? That’s a big slap on the face for us who run 30, 40 and 50 daily since the beginning and strugling with RNG and got a few random skins and chests. I would put a stack of pristines for a weapon of choice, because if fractal skins are so hard to get it should stay hard to get even if they add npc that enables the exchange.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

What I’d like to see:
Require Fractal level 40-50 (somewhere in there)
Then if you have that doing any lvl 41+ fractal will yield “Immaculate Fractal Relics” instead of Pristine.
Then these new relics could be used to purchase a skin at something like 10-20 per skin.

Leaving the random there, but those who really reach the top with high fractals levels and doing the hardest options will be able to slowly work towards a skin of their choosing.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Rather than just allow fractal weapons to be farmed, they should be rewarded based on a great feat performed in fractals. Something like take down a boss within a time frame or perform a series of moves on a boss, or complete a certain boss fight within a time frame without anyone going down.

The skins should be rewarded based on merit not just time spent in there farming.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Rather than just allow fractal weapons to be farmed, they should be rewarded based on a great feat performed in fractals. Something like take down a boss within a time frame or perform a series of moves on a boss, or complete a certain boss fight within a time frame without anyone going down.

The skins should be rewarded based on merit not just time spent in there farming.

This is actually a cool idea.

Problem is, that sounds like it’d be too limiting with difficulty to obtain them.

I think the safest bet is to just charge a few thousand relics. 2000 per weapon seems fair.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

The should put in a barter vendor who takes any fractal skin plus some pristine relics in exchange for the skin of your choice.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

With the current state of fractal, it’s easier to make legendary than farm for a specific Skin. I would also like to point out, I got my first fractal skin since Fractured after over a 120 runs above lvl 30, I got my first skin. A sweet hammer.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

I think an achievement-based unlock like that would be fun, probably the best way IMO.

If that’s considered too restrictive, I think another reasonable way to get them could be to have some repeatable achievement, like:

Maximally Fractal

• 0/50 level 50 runs completed
  • Reward chest: Fractal Weapon Box

I think it’d be fair to give someone a fractal skin of their choice after they do 50 runs (or maybe a little bit lower) at the max level.

(edited by voidwater.2064)

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

I like that they are exclusive to fractals. All the other weapons can be bought on the TP or crafted which turns getting them into a gold farm.

That being said, the drop rate on them is atrocious and should be adjusted. I also wouldn’t mind seeing them available for large amounts of fractal relics since those pile up and are useless.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Aviram.7932

Aviram.7932

Can we have at least a response from a developer to all those threads about the bad rng system at fractals?
Am running fractals 30-40 and 40-50 almost everyday only for the fractal sword and no luck at all.
They should add a merchant so you can “buy” your skin you like with relics i dont care how much, just give people a way to pay off all this time and effort or at least respond so we know you are listening to us Anet plz.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Agreed that they should remain Fractal exclusive. BUT there should be a way to get the skin you want without being at the mercy of RNG. I agree with the idea of being able to trade a large amount of Pristine Relics (there’s really no other use for them, especially once you have the rings you want) for them.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I think they just should delete fractured.
Consider i got 95% skins before fractured and 5% after.

So before fractured an avid fractal player could reasonably get fractal skins at a decent rate (sloghtly less than 4X current droprate at max level).

Mind that it was also more difficult, and less rewarding.
We got to a point when cutting a tree gave more reward than a top level fractal run.

What is really wrong is how skins drops way more at lower levels today.

But i’m all against giving free skins.
Its still almost the only non tp related rare skin outside the gemstore.

The rng is fine, the post fractured droprate is not.

And a siggestion… don t run 49-50 if you want a skin..it simply won’t drop.
I did so many daily that i can confirm the drop table posted few months ago, aside the fact for me 49-50 gave totally 0 skins against 3-4 at lower tiers.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

I think they just should delete fractured.
Consider i got 95% skins before fractured and 5% after.

So before fractured an avid fractal player could reasonably get fractal skins at a decent rate (sloghtly less than 4X current droprate at max level).

Mind that it was also more difficult, and less rewarding.
We got to a point when cutting a tree gave more reward than a top level fractal run.

What is really wrong is how skins drops way more at lower levels today.

But i’m all against giving free skins.
Its still almost the only non tp related rare skin outside the gemstore.

The rng is fine, the post fractured droprate is not.

And a siggestion… don t run 49-50 if you want a skin..it simply won’t drop.
I did so many daily that i can confirm the drop table posted few months ago, aside the fact for me 49-50 gave totally 0 skins against 3-4 at lower tiers.

I always wondered about that. When I came back, the rng feels lower for fractal skins

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Divus.3175

Divus.3175

I think an achievement-based unlock like that would be fun, probably the best way IMO.

If that’s considered too restrictive, I think another reasonable way to get them could be to have some repeatable achievement, like:

Maximally Fractal

• 0/50 level 50 runs completed
  • Reward chest: Fractal Weapon Box

I think it’d be fair to give someone a fractal skin of their choice after they do 50 runs (or maybe a little bit lower) at the max level.

That’s probably most fair option, while it could be something about 20 – 30 lvl 50 runs (almost a month of daily runs), giving us an option to get fractal weapon skin or ascended box of choice (since it’s still lots of farming).
And it’s probably the easiest thing to implement, since they can use activity-type achievments (every 6th match rewards rare box).

[KING] Desolation – Pikan Parom (engineer), Grace Parom (ele)

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Make it 100 Pristine or 10k normal – the prestige has to remain.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Or perhaps in an even cooler way, add a mini forge at the portal station. Allow fractal weapons to be crafted using a combination of ori components, globs/shards/vials of ectoplasm, fractal relics.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I still think the only recipe we need is 4 skins for 1 box.
And doubling the droprate.

Would still make skins rare but reasonably obtainable (and easier to get than they ever have been).

The best part is you have to actually sacrifice something to get what you want rather than throwing useless stuff anyone can stockpile at low levels.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

I was lucky and got all frac skins except staff and Spear before the patch

but now i like get the Spear and i feel its almost impossible. I may get a frac skin again but the right skin feels almost like a precursor drop by now.

I would be happy if we at least get a way to exchange skins or a token drop like we get at the end of the PS

Fractal weapons.

Zaxares.5419

Well, with the new Collection achievements, it’s possible that we’ll get a Fractal Weapon Collection achievement as well. If it comes in, we’ll have a stronger case to argue with ANet for a more reliable way of getting specific Fractal weapons.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

500 pristine relics would be the conversion of trys to get the skin you want,
if you are lucky at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

There is no prestige in RNG or in the fractal skins in general. They simply look very nice. If fractal skins didn’t have such a noticeable and unique effect, no one would care about them.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I have a few ideas regarding the acquisition methods for Fractal Weapon skins.
I’ll make a post about it in the official suggestion thread later, once I structure my thoughts.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

find it a bit silly that ive been farming for over 18 months to get one silly mace.

Heyyyyy, I have a Mace and Warhorn. I play Mesmer and just want a Sword. That’s it, just a Sword. Maybe a Spear or Trident, but also a Sword.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

You guys still bother hoping for that? Dream on. Fractals are so low on their priority list that were more likely to see space travelling tengu before we get to do something with our rings or fractal skin boxes.

Fractal weapons.

Esplen.3940

You guys still bother hoping for that? Dream on. Fractals are so low on their priority list that were more likely to see space travelling tengu before we get to do something with our rings or fractal skin boxes.

I just saw a really badly photoshopped Tengu flying in space. Too bad I’m at work and can’t/won’t make it.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

The only option outside of the RNG I would support is to get one Fractals weapon skin of your choice when you complete a level 50 for the first time with personal rewards level 50.

I have put to many hours into farming for the skins I want to see them just be turned into Vendor weapons like we have for the other dungeons.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Fractal weapons.

Zaxares.5419

The only option outside of the RNG I would support is to get one Fractals weapon skin of your choice when you complete a level 50 for the first time with personal rewards level 50.

Nice idea. To add to that, I’d also include a Fractal Weapon box as a one-time reward when you complete the Fractal Frequenter achievement.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Galespark.7835

Galespark.7835

I haphazardly ran a l29 fractal yesterday, performed ok but far from stellar, got a fractal trident at the end. Having an elementalist as a main I am quite happy with this nice skin, but what is this prestige you are talking about again? All I think when I see it is I got lucky, and while it isn’t a bad feeling, I feel way better when my mini Liadri is running next to me.

1 pristine or 100 normal relics convey the prestige I associate with what is otherwise just a lucky drop. So I hope that when they add a surefire way of getting these skins, they don’t try to reason based on something as elusive as prestige. I believe your amount is less reasonable than that in the post you were replying to.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

Not getting the weapon of choise, keeps playing you guys, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

There is no prestige in RNG or in the fractal skins in general. They simply look very nice. If fractal skins didn’t have such a noticeable and unique effect, no one would care about them.

To those of us that run FOTM it matters.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

I run FOTM and it has no prestige to me.

Fractal weapons.

Esplen.3940

I run FotM and it has no prestige to me. I don’t mind when I get one, but if I got one, I’d like the sword (or at least something usable). Why? I have plenty of swords (more than 13 soulbound to my main) and the skin isn’t that nice. If I got it, I’d probably use it as an offhand, but I’m content with my Wooden Sword and Bonetti’s Rapier.

Also working on Infinite Light, but that’s another matter entirely.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: drowze.3709

drowze.3709

Just gonna add one more post for support. I am one of the lucky ones who has most of the fractal skins they like (all gotten before the Fractured patch), so it won’t affect me much. But like many others, I feel Anet could have implemented a (pristine) relic price on them and add it to the merchant in the fractals entry area.

Even if it’s a randomly set high price, it might give people the feeling that doing fractals is actually contributing to something. After I hit lvl 50, it didn’t take long for me to just lose interest. I like most fractals (which is the only reason to do them), but time invested far outweighs the rewards. Having that couple of relics or that one pristine relic added to your savings towards that one skin you want, will make a difference, albeit a small one.

Fractal weapons.

Esplen.3940

The item rewards aren’t that bad, particularly if your run doesn’t take two hours. If you’re looking at cost-effectiveness, you’re better off doing a Karka farm or dungeon rush, though.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Painbow.6059

Painbow.6059

q.q #HelpMeRnJesus

Attachments:

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

q.q #HelpMeRnJesus

RNGsus sits next to Satan in their cozy hell-cave and they both laugh at us.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Nope fractal skins should only acquired through fractal, but not through RNG like now. We should either exchange pristine fractal relics or normal fractal relics for weapons. They should also release fractal armors that can only be exchanged through fractal currency or drops only at 50, replacing ascended chests. In fact fractal 50 should give more gold + increased drop rate of fractal weapons, fractal armors (very rare), tonic (really rare), and combination of infused rings.

Tour

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

You mean like dungeon gears where u can’t get them outside of dungeons? Wait, yes you can, you can now Spvp for them. Actually, I like the idea of adding Fractal rewards in Spvp too. Hopefully that is coming in future patch.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You mean like dungeon gears where u can’t get them outside of dungeons? Wait, yes you can, you can now Spvp for them. Actually, I like the idea of adding Fractal rewards in Spvp too. Hopefully that is coming in future patch.

Please no.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

I run FOTM and I don’t care about prestige either, they’re just nice skins.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Yonarq.1072

Yonarq.1072

I have the full fractal’s skin collection and believe me, I can undestrar the frustation. That been said… NO sorry, no way to aprove a new easy method to adquire them. Is a luxury item, if you want it go grind for it.

I can aprove something like an NPC trader 4 random fractal’s skins for the one you want because for me it was really frustrating to get 7 long bows for example, but anything easier than that no please (even that would be A LOT more easy than old method).

It took me like 11 months to get my collection and If they change something to make them noticiable easier to get, It will feel like a hard slap in my face. And the last thing Arenanet needs is give more slaps in veteran’s faces.

Sorry about me english, not my mother language.

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

I have the full fractal’s skin collection and believe me, I can undestrar the frustation.

I have almost every skin, except the UW weapons and the axe. Still, I wouldn’t mind if they gave us a more reliable method to obtain them.

We’re not speaking of difficulty when we say that it’s hard to acquire a skin, we’re talking about sheer RNG. There exist 19 possible weapon skins, twenty-four possible Ascended Armor drops (6ArmorPiecesx4StatCombos), a bunch of Ascended rings and of course, the possibility of getting nothing at all.
The probability of getting a particular skin is extremely low, and as far as we know, the only factor to acquire one is luck. There is no prestige in that.

We need ANET to make them moderately difficult to obtain, so that there is actually something to brag about, other than winning the RNG lottery several times.

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

Fractal weapons.

Posted by: Yonarq.1072

Yonarq.1072

I have the full fractal’s skin collection and believe me, I can undestrar the frustation.

I have almost every skin, except the UW weapons and the axe. Still, I wouldn’t mind if they would give us a more reliable method to obtain them.

We’re not speaking of difficulty when we say that it’s hard to acquire a skin, we’re talking about sheer RNG. There’exist 19 possible weapon skins, twenty-four possible Ascended Armor drops (6ArmorPiecesx4StatCombos), a bunch of Ascended rings and of course, the possibility of getting nothing at all.
The probability of getting a particular skin is extremely low, and as far as we know, the only factor to acquire one is luck. There is no prestige in that.

We need ANET to make them moderately difficult to obtain, so that there is actually something to brag about, other than winning the RNG lottery several times.

Don’t get me wrong, im not saying the actual system is ok. Hell no, the actual system is the freaking hell… but now is too late for a change because there are already people that got the collection. If they -Arenanet- do important changes now to make it easier (because lets be honest, more realiable = easier in the end) that would be a hard slap for people who already worked on that collection just like I did.

I can understand the frustration as I said, and im with all of you about the system is terrible but now is just too late for a change. As I said, I will vote for something like 4 random fractal’s skin for pick what you really want because for me it was a very frustating exprience to get same skins tons of times before complete the collection…but dude, at least get those 4 drops before trade be able to get the one you want…and believe me, that would be like 10 times easier than some of us just did.

Is not about greed, I know it looks like… but is more about I dont like the idea of spend 11 months of INSANE grind in a goal and then they bring a new shinny system that allows you to archieve that in a guaranted 5 months (for example). Thats would be unfair.

Anyway, if they change the system or not, is not our decision so…

PD: Again, sorry about me english.

(edited by Yonarq.1072)