Fractals - You Finally Broke Me

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Good Morning Devs,

I just wanted to say that you have finally broken my will to continue with fractals.

To quote the 3/18 patch notes:
“- Ascended armor and weapons now drop more often from all levels of fractals, particularly as the fractal level increases.
- Ascended armor pieces will drop more often than ascended weapons."

Thanks to the guys and gals in [LOD] Legion of Doom, [SC] Snow Crows (EU), [ZoS] Zealots of the Shiverpeaks, [Keen] Commander Keen (EU) for putting together this document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av4NvDVKEaOzdHJPaTlsRU5LeEJWN3hodklXWGFCU1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

Show that the drop rates before and after the patch, and we can see there there has been a severe drop in the rates.

Determined that I will buck the trend, I pushed through running my “Daily Disappointment” fractal. I ran 20s, 30s, 40s, and alas after 75 runs, with 1 skin and 1 armor chest, I’ve given up.

I am completely discouraged that the Devs have not responded to all the evidence that we have provided regarding the Fractal drops. Now I know there will be people who will say that they have received skins upon skin, and chest after chest, but they are the exception, not the norm.

You will receive more praise from us double checking your math with the drops then staying silent. I’m not asking to have these skins so common that they become the status of the rings, but to have a real chance to see these things drop.

So this is the end of Fractals for me until we have a message from Anet.

Thanks for listening and happy adventuring,
Ken

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

play the game to play the game; don’t play it to get drops, or you will always be disappointed.
this concept is part of Basic Gambling 101

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

play the game to play the game; don’t play it to get drops, or you will always be disappointed.

Disagree. We play this game to play, sure, but there is nothing fun about busting your rear in a level 49 fractal and getting nothing, over and over and over again. The drop rates are broken. They need to be fixed. Or even acknowledged.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Disagree. We play this game to play, sure, but there is nothing fun about busting your rear in a level 49 fractal and getting nothing, over and over and over again. The drop rates are broken. They need to be fixed. Or even acknowledged.

Is there a reason this isn’t in the Dungeon forums? (In before move).

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Lilith Ajit.6173

I don’t know. I didn’t post it o.O

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

Haven’t had a gear drop ever in fractals ever and haven’t even gotten a mists essence in two months. The kitten thing is just cursed. Progression and loot in there is so slow it might as well be nothing. Can farm multiple legendaries in the time it takes to get a piece of loot out of there.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

“Hey, we fixed your Warden!” – “Great, nothing changed, and also reflects are broken.”
“Hey, we fixed your fractal drops!” – “Great, they are now lower.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QdnzHDHiOM

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

sample size far too small, and not enough people participating in thish.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Problem is, there isn’t any more game to play. Nearing 2 years after release, and all the story content is the same as it was back then. Living Story comes and goes, never to be seen again, and in between those updates there’s nothing to do but grind for gear.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Insanity.5174

Insanity.5174

ppl still doing fractals?

Posted by: Asato.5479

Asato.5479

what is fractal?

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

You boost drop rates too much, and then everyone and their cat end up with fractal skins. Once you get those skins, there really isn’t much incentive to run fractals anymore.

It’s a sad truth, but low RNG encourages business in the long-term. What’s the point of playing a game if you beat it within hours?

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

The whole game in general is broken where drops are concerned, they want you to bust out that wallet where drops are gauranteed.

EDIT: As brought to my attention, this gaurantee comes with a slight{:-þ RNG attached.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

(edited by Im Mudbone.1437)

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

…they want you to bust out that wallet where drops are guaranteed.

If you’re buying Black Lion Keys, it’s not even guaranteed…

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

This content still exists?

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I can do AC P1, P3, CoF P1 and TA in less than hour and earn more gold than in an hour scale 49 fractal run.
It’s pathetic.

500+ Runs, 0 Ascended weapon drops, 0 Ascended Armor drops.
A single FOTM weapon drop last summer (Longbow) which I can’t even use.

But don’t worry, zerg farming is always there and gives you better rewards with little to no skill required!

Kupper.8074

Posted here because of the lack of Red Posts in that sub forum. At least if they move it, we know that they looked at it.

GIVE ME MY POTATOES!

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight

Posted by: Lapiy.7160

Lapiy.7160

You boost drop rates too much, and then everyone and their cat end up with fractal skins. Once you get those skins, there really isn’t much incentive to run fractals anymore.

It’s a sad truth, but low RNG encourages business in the long-term. What’s the point of playing a game if you beat it within hours?

Thats not the problem the problem is that lower lvl fractals give higher chances for better rewards then high lvl fractals.
Also having more skins drops at low lvls devalues them because any player has a chance of getting them making the skins more common and less reason for more hardcore players to farm them. Also a lot of players want to earn something in game thats takes some sorta skill to get instead of farming dungeons made for under lvl’s to get gold for whatever they want.

Servers: Crystal Desert, Underworld, Eredon Terrace
Guilds: [TDS] The Desert Squad-Retired, [bM] Badmash, [BoRP] Bunch Of Random Players
Always looking for fights gvg’s etc just hit me up!

Kupper.8074

It is more of the fact that when they say one thing but the opposite happens then there is an issue. They had a whole LS patch involving Fractals and that lowered the drop rate from the original DR. Like I said, I don’t want them dropping all the time, but something more than 2/75, which is a small sample size, but the 1.6k in the Google doc is a strong sample size.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

OP came in like a wrecking ball.

Posted by: Soa Cirri.6012

Soa Cirri.6012

I can do AC P1, P3, CoF P1 and TA in less than hour and earn more gold than in an hour scale 49 fractal run.
It’s pathetic.

That’s what really irks me, too. The daily at the end really feels more like a bone than a reward, especially when you get nothing else but a pristine fractal relic (or even at this point a ring which you probably already have 10 of) and some token gold.

Ironically the most rewarding fractal is Dredge, but only because it’s basically a temple farm wedged between content that is at best dull, and at worst (and probably if PUGing) a total nightmare.

Im Mudbone.1437

TY, edited to be more precise.

Kupper.8074

OP came in like a wrecking ball.

Hopped off the forums for a bit to go out for lunch. nom nom nom

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

sample size far too small, and not enough people participating in thish.

Used this site http://www.danielsoper.com/statcalc3/calc.aspx?id=85 to check numbers (not sure about reliability).

For F31-40: 26 weapons, 355 chests
99% confidence interval: 0.04214 ? p ? 0.11629

For F41-50: 6 weapons, 399 chests
99% confidence interval: 0.00387 ? p ? 0.03877

So probability that something is wrong is > 99%.

Posted by: globe.7238

globe.7238

Its not even that, they want you to buy gems then convert that into gold. That truly is one of the biggest issues of this game.

Imminent Demise » [iD] « Blackgate

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

yeah, one of the big issues i have with these things, is when they are broken, nobody checks, until there is a public outcry. One would think they were keeping some of their own actual data, and could see when trends werent occuring as planned.

Point is, someone from anet should go check the data and see if its performing as planned, then they should also think whether as planned is good.
IE there should definately be a noticeably better drop rate at high levels.

Kupper.8074

yeah, one of the big issues i have with these things, is when they are broken, nobody checks, until there is a public outcry. One would think they were keeping some of their own actual data, and could see when trends werent occuring as planned.

e.g. The Scarlet Slaying potions. All slaying potions were broken until they released new ones specifically for the LS and they were broken as well.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

The devs never read the dungeon forums, if there is a chance of this ever getting fixed, it must be elsewhere.

Posted by: Ramiel.4931

Ramiel.4931

The devs never read the dungeon forums, if there is a chance of this ever getting fixed, it must be elsewhere.

And you think they read these ones? Really? And you’re expecting a response too?

I’m sorry but I have bad news for you. Maybe try Tech Support or Account Issues. You know, the problems that prohibit players from buying/using their bought gems.

Im Mudbone.1437

And you think they read these ones? Really? And you’re expecting a response too?

I’m sorry but I have bad news for you. Maybe try Tech Support or Account Issues. You know, the problems that prohibit players from buying/using their bought gems.

IMO the only thing they look for is the ability to impose infractions.

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

“Hey, we fixed your Warden!” – “Great, nothing changed, and also reflects are broken.”
“Hey, we fixed your fractal drops!” – “Great, they are now lower.”

-> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QdnzHDHiOM

“Hey, we fixed the Mystic Forge!” – *Great, now I get a 76 piece from 4 80s"

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Flipside, what’s the point of playing a game if you don’t make progress within hours? Forcing a grind for gear is a cheap alternative to giving players new things to do.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Ouimette.5902

Ouimette.5902

I personally think it’s kind of good with the RnG within fractals but I think it should be the opposite of what it is now. Instead of having the whole range of different weapons the thing that should be the rare drop is the fractal backpiece. Now of course that can’t be changed since fractals have existed for too long and so many already have it. But it could be thought of in future dungeons.

A dungeon should have a wide variety of stuff available through it via tokens much like what we do have now. And then it should have a very few rare drops based from RnG, something specific to the dungeon. It kind of already exist but it’s mostly just greens and blues, yeah “ring of the catacombs” I’m talking to you.

Those really, REALLY rare stuff could be things such as mini pets, backpieces, tonics, recipes. You know stuff that can be used by all professions. The fractal skins are rare ones but I don’t wanna do fractals every day for a month to then recieve a harpoon gun for my mesmer. It takes away some of the motivation and since this game is so heavily focused on cosmetics one of the hard obtained skins in the end game should not have such a ridiculous rng. I wanne feel pride and prestige when I wear my hard earned end-game skins. This game suffers from end game rng and much in the game is just focused on getting gold since you can pretty much get everything on TP nowadays.

(edited by Ouimette.5902)

Posted by: Mac.3872

Mac.3872

I got the ascended boots and shoulders to drop in the space of 2 day from a level 11 fractal.

Go figure.

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

How orwellian of ANet…

Posted by: BlueZone.4236

BlueZone.4236

Sounds like ANet should advertise Fractals as infinite grind instead of infinite dungeons.

Posted by: dace.8019

dace.8019

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a RNG stamping on your Main – forever.

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

Actually, you beat fractals every time you finish it. Not when you finally get the drops you want.

All this talk about carrots and sticks was just bullkitten, I could get the top tier armor in WoW in a month or so (just about the time it took my guild to kill the endboss of that patch) and I didn’t even care because all I wanted to do was to rip the endboss. Here, all I can do is see which fancy armor my character can wear and farm endlessly till I can buy it. No mid term challenge worth mentioning.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

No offence to the OP as I don’t know the total fractals runs they have done, but personally ive ran fractals probably 2500+ times, never once have I gotten a fractal weapon skin, the fractal tonic, I have had 1 ascended armor chest, this is why I no longer run fractals, the rewards for time spent in there are shockingly poor, infact in my last 6 runs I did, the final chest didn’t even drop a ring,

Like it was said a few posts back, its faster to run a few dungeon paths or farm 10 champs and your likely to walk away with better drops.

Anet has never gotten the time vs reward correct in this game, Teq, Wurm for example.

Kupper.8074

No offence to the OP as I don’t know the total fractals runs they have done, but personally ive ran fractals probably 2500+ times, never once have I gotten a fractal weapon skin, the fractal tonic, I have had 1 ascended armor chest, this is why I no longer run fractals, the rewards for time spent in there are shockingly poor, infact in my last 6 runs I did, the final chest didn’t even drop a ring,

Like it was said a few posts back, its faster to run a few dungeon paths or farm 10 champs and your likely to walk away with better drops.

Anet has never gotten the time vs reward correct in this game, Teq, Wurm for example.

Just to answer your question. I didn’t keep track of how many I ran before and after the fractured patch, but since the Fractured patch in November, I have roughly 200 completed runs in, usually two a day in the 20s/30s/40s brackets. I am just a small sample size for drop rate, which is why I referenced the hard work done by [LOD]/[SC]/[ZoS]/[Keen] keeping track of their data.

I truly love when people throw out many times they think have have completed a particular run; which is why I would like to call into question your 2500 number. Do you mean each fractal completed or whole runs. If you mean whole runs that is 6.8 complete runs a day for a year. And since you only get a daily chest once for each bracket you would have been wasting 2.8 runs/day/year. Also, your 2500 is 896 more chests opened than the 4 guilds worth of data captured in the Google Doc.

I have all the gold I need and all the armor I want, but I’m doing it for the fractal skins that allegedly drop there (and heaven forbid the tonic that I have yet to see drop for anyone). There is one thing in fractals that is unique to fractals, and that is the reason why I’m there.

I completely understand that I can do practically anything else in the game to have better drops. Completing a permanent ore run for Iron and Plat yields more gold. That is not the point. The point is clearly that the drop rate did not increase like they mentioned.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight

(edited by Kupper.8074)

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

It’s been 171 days since Fractured update, resulting in 14.6 runs a day, which in reality you can only do 5 runs per day to get a chest, so let’s figure you started that 2500+ runs when Fractals came out.

Overall it’s been 546 days since Fractals were released, that resulting in 4.6 runs per day, every day of your life since Fractals first came out. Either you are living in fractals, hence your luck is unimaginably bad, or you’re over exaggerating that number by a landslide.

I truly love when people throw out many times they think have have completed a particular run; which is why I would like to call into question your 2500 number. Do you mean each fractal completed or whole runs. If you mean whole runs that is 6.8 complete runs a day for a year. And since you only get a daily chest once for each bracket you would have been wasting 2.8 runs/day/year. Also, your 2500 is 896 more chests opened than the 4 guilds worth of data captured in the Google Doc.

The only thing about it is that before Fractured you could get more than 5 chests (1+,11+,21+,31+,41+) per day if you had more than one character in fractals. Which I personally had 4 toons that were able to do high level fractals until that day. Hence the chests were character bound, not account bound. I’m not saying he’s not lying, but there’s a tiny bit of possibility. But taking the probability of the situation and the amount of drops he’s “claiming” he’s gotten from this many runs, we can easily say he’s over exaggerating.

(edited by Romo.3709)

Lishtenbird.2814

Overall it’s been 546 days since Fractals were released, that resulting in 4.6 runs per day, every day of your life since Fractals first came out. Either you are living in fractals, hence your luck is unimaginably bad, or you’re over exaggerating that number by a landslide.

Maybe he meant fractals themselves, not sets of fractals (with 3x or 4x fractals per run).

Lilith Ajit.6173

Maybe he meant fractals themselves, not sets of fractals (with 3x or 4x fractals per run).

Which would make the number entirely irrelevant to the conversation as it is about the daily chest rng.

[ARES]

Romo.3709

Which would make the number entirely irrelevant to the conversation as it is about the daily chest rng.

Yuuuup.

Lishtenbird.2814

Not advocating, just stating. The number will have to be divided by something between 3 and 4 then to become relevant again.

Posted by: Biohazard.7523

Biohazard.7523

Thnx for the info. Now I will not farm fractals, or do them until they fix that broken game..

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

Lol people still do fractals….waw. Just shows u how full of nothing this game is at end-game.

PS They also said they increased asccended drops for WvW ranks from what i remember. I did over 500 ranks (to which u also add 2x boxes from reset nights) since the seasons started. Keeping count of my loot it looks like this:
3 rares, 1 exotic, rest greens. Period.

GW2 is honestly among the most unrewarding games i have ever played when it comes down to loot. Even hardcore grinding asian games offer u good loot after X farming. Bar none the worst drops in any mmo i’ve ever played…and trust me i played some really HC grinding sh**. I honestly can’t think of an mmo title that has this much punishment for players who want to get loot (DR, RNG) and also have one of the lowest loot tables on the planet…for SUCH a long time now. I honestly can’t think of 1 name.

(edited by Rebound.3409)

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

a 1000000% increase in drops from a base 0% chance is still zero.

I may have only done about 10 fractals ever so I’m not a good judge of drops in that game mode, but I’ve had between 5-7 ascended drops in WvW. Just got a Leftpaw armor chest on Tuesday which looks groovy on my Ranger.

The key is you have to do WvW. On Eredon Terrace. ET is the key. That’s where it’s at. Much ascended. Many loot.

Romo.3709

Not advocating, just stating. The number will have to be divided by something between 3 and 4 then to become relevant again.

Technically it’d have to be divided by 4 specifically. Because as you remember, if you did 3 in a row (as in odd level fractal) you would not get the end chest because you haven’t fought the boss, so it would automatically get removed from the overall number that’s relevant to the discussion.
It’s like saying I bought 10 lotto tickets and 4 packs of gum, and only 1 of those 14 items made me win.

Kupper.8074

Someone mentioned the cursed word in the dungeon subforum…. “Fractal Weapon Box”. Besides double checking their math on the drop rates, I think this would be the next best thing. Or kitten it, why don’t they do both!

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight