Funny dredge rage quitter thread

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

Well no, there’s no fun about it. After 30 minutes of trying to survive more than 30 seconds inside the cage, I rage quitted. I agologized cause I opened the fractal, but no way am I doing dredge again since this horrible update.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

False advertising! I was promised something funny…

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

PowerCat.5738

There’s nothing funny about dredge, that’s the point :P

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

I usually try dredge until my armor is fully broken + 1 naked try for lawls then alt+f4 . Protection is ridiculously overpowered on PvE mobs , u cant damage them and they almost one shot you.

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I usually try dredge until my armor is fully broken + 1 naked try for lawls then alt+f4 . Protection is ridiculously overpowered on PvE mobs , u cant damage them and they almost one shot you.

Faith in hilarity of thread restored.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Dietere.3476

Dietere.3476

I was part of a group where the instance holder rage quit for the exact same reasons as OP. Not hilarious. But understandable.

On a side note: it seems that people have been exploiting the start of dredge for so long that they have forgotten/never learned how to do it legit. I mean it’s not super easy, but it’s also not something that should be making people rage quit.

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Its generally faster to leave, re-roll another fractal and not get dredge ^^

Dietere.3476

Its generally faster to leave, re-roll another fractal and not get dredge ^^

Assuming you have a competent, non-PUG group, maybe. But you still have to bang out the first 2 fractals again, all the while hoping that you don’t just roll dredge again. But if your group is good enough to speed through the first 2 again, they are likely good enough to just do dredge.

Don’t get me wrong though. I’m all aboard the dredge hate-train! In all the “fixes” that have been made to it, I can’t think of a single one that makes the fractal any better. Longer, yes. More difficult, yes. More frustrating, yes. But improved? Not one bit.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Thief meta new meta! 5/5 Thieves!

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

PowerCat.5738

Dietere, was the instance owner a guardian with a helmet with wings?

Dietere.3476

Nah it was a 12k AP warrior in full CoF armor. Bossy, rude, and full of rage quit.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Nah it was a 12k AP warrior in full CoF armor. Bossy, rude, and full of rage quit.

Don’t forget a Pearl greatsword and an unknown secondary weapon.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Pray to the RNG god.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

One time I got dredge in a 30 something, and everyone kept trying to skip (but we didn’t have a Mesmer). And I kept trying to explain to them what do.

I had to type in all caps for them to listen to me. Finally, when I got them to pay attention, the warrior in the group said “I don’t listen to Asura.” And left.

Then I calmly explained how to do dredge the normal way, we got it done no problem, after grabbing a guildie, and everyone was good.

Silly bookah.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

I mean it’s not super easy, but it’s also not something that should be making people rage quit.

It is fairly easy conceptually but Anet added a crap ton of mobs at the start, and since they have some weird kitten aggro radius they chain pull. And since the majority of them have some form of ranged attack, it is a huge PITA.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Finally, when I got them to pay attention, the warrior in the group said “I don’t listen to Asura.”

This is the only funny thing in this “funny” thread.

Please, deliver! Really!

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Lilith Ajit.6173

Finally, when I got them to pay attention, the warrior in the group said “I don’t listen to Asura.”

This is the only funny thing in this “funny” thread.

Please, deliver! Really!

Aw, I thought that was funny, but I thought the group attempting to do the skip without a Mesmer was funnier.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

But, but… that was actually the only funny thing in the thread. I quoted you to say to the OP to deliver, not you. You, Lilith, actually delivered! Thank you for that

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Lilith Ajit.6173

But, but… that was actually the only funny thing in the thread. I quoted you to say to the OP to deliver, not you. You, Lilith, actually delivered! Thank you for that

I DELIVERED!

Someone give me a freaking tip!

[ARES]

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

tips Lilith off a cliff

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Lilith Ajit.6173

tips Lilith off a cliff

Thank you!

:D

[ARES]

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

One time I got dredge in a 30 something, and everyone kept trying to skip (but we didn’t have a Mesmer). And I kept trying to explain to them what do.

I had to type in all caps for them to listen to me. Finally, when I got them to pay attention, the warrior in the group said “I don’t listen to Asura.” And left.

Then I calmly explained how to do dredge the normal way, we got it done no problem, after grabbing a guildie, and everyone was good.

Silly bookah.

LOL imagining this happen in my head is just hilarious. The other night I pretty much solod the part where you put the bombs at the door (every single attempt, the entire team would wipe except me and I’m a zerk warrior) and on the part afterwards… I died because 2 people were pulling a lot of dredge and our guardian was inept without reflect wall…

And this nitwit had the audacity to complain because I “died too fast” when he did virtually nothing useful for the cage part or the bombs at the door, dying each time because he was using HEALING SURGE and GS/longbow.

Might seem funny to some of you, but what the hell… that was just… http://i.imgur.com/4WvuNeX.gif

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

As long as you have a mesmer, I think the “normal” way can be nearly as fast as the old jumping puzzle. You can still die on the switch, you just need to stay alive for a few seconds so your party can get through the door. On the second door, the mesmer runs though and drops a port, then hops down through the middle and everyone ports on her. It helps to have a bit of stealth before porting, so you can get the jump on the trash mobs.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]