Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Old meta records can now be viewed on http://gw2dungeons.net/Records

TODO:
- Old fractal records
- All time records
- Visual improvements
- More filters
- Filters configurated by URL parameter (so you can for example have a link which automatically loads fractal records)
- Player profiles
- Guild profiles
- Record interface improvements for approvers

GWSCR initiative: Content

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Will start to do it tonight.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

If anyone sees errors with the records, or if you know of a more up-to-date record for any dungeon, please let me know either by PMing me or posting here so that I can verify it and fix it up. It took a lot of detective work to find the records strewn across a number of websites and forums, so I would be very suspect if I somehow got everything perfect.

For anyone curious, the “Guild” parameter in the records is pulled from the players. Some records are from people who were once in one guild but are now in another or something like that, so some records will show that they are being attributed to two guilds at once if there are members from both guilds in the record.

Also, I couldn’t find an HotW p3 record in the current meta, so if anyone knows of one let me know.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Wethospu.6437

That guild thingy can be fixed at some point. Interface just currently lacks tools for it.

Posted by: NeoVaris.4806

NeoVaris.4806

CM P3 – I’m not Ghosti ( Ghostaloempah) :<

[HC]

Rising Dusk.2408

It looks like it both correctly links to a “NeoVaris SC” youtube page and says that it is Ghostaloempah. Can you clarify where the mistake is?

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: NeoVaris.4806

NeoVaris.4806

It looks like it both correctly links to a “NeoVaris SC” youtube page and says that it is Ghostaloempah. Can you clarify where the mistake is?

That’s Ghosti’s character name, mine is in the description.

[HC]

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Should be fixed now.

Rising Dusk.2408

That’s Ghosti’s character name, mine is in the description.

Aha, got it. I didn’t understand how you worded it originally so I wasn’t sure what you meant. Thanks for that.

Posted by: Ted The Warrior.8674

Ted The Warrior.8674

If anyone sees errors with the records, or if you know of a more up-to-date record for any dungeon, please let me know either by PMing me or posting here so that I can verify it and fix it up. It took a lot of detective work to find the records strewn across a number of websites and forums, so I would be very suspect if I somehow got everything perfect.

For anyone curious, the “Guild” parameter in the records is pulled from the players. Some records are from people who were once in one guild but are now in another or something like that, so some records will show that they are being attributed to two guilds at once if there are members from both guilds in the record.

Also, I couldn’t find an HotW p3 record in the current meta, so if anyone knows of one let me know.

If the meta isn’t resetting from yesterdays update, LOD has the current meta records for hotw p2 and p3.
P2
Guardian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szqB_I-Wc04
Ele: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B83lo07JcfA
P3
Warrior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daiKfBHMOR0
Ele: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1AG4801s8c&

Also the CoF P3 posted is incorrect. I can’t remember if it was iV or qT but they beat the time that’s posted there by like a minute plus.

Legion of Doom [LOD]

(edited by Ted The Warrior.8674)

Rising Dusk.2408

Thanks for that information, I’ll have it taken care of as soon as possible. As for CoF p3, I’ll do some digging and see if I can’t find a more modern record.

Rising Dusk.2408

If the meta isn’t resetting from yesterdays update, LOD has the current meta records for hotw p2 and p3.
P2
Guardian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szqB_I-Wc04
Ele: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B83lo07JcfA
P3
Warrior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daiKfBHMOR0
Ele: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1AG4801s8c&

Also the CoF P3 posted is incorrect. I can’t remember if it was iV or qT but they beat the time that’s posted there by like a minute plus.

I’ve updated for these records. Thanks again for bringing it up.

Wethospu.6437

Few changes:

Used filters are now stored on site url. For example link http://gw2dungeons.net/Records#02vgGH2y3 links to fractal record page without date row.

Click “Save filters” button to store current filters as the default filters. This means visiting the default record page will automatically load correct filters for you.

Record guilds can now be edited through the interface. Also added game build for future purposes. Approvers can check instruction tab for more info.

Upcoming:

More data shown on records.

More filters.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

With adding a new record. If its a new all time is there a way to get it to show up in both tables without editing the whole previous all time entry. Essentially avoiding adding it in twice. :P

Wethospu.6437

I guess you meant that current record should show up on all time. Looks like it’s bugged.

Give me few minutes.

Edit: That particular case should work now. No idea if it truly works but we will see when more data gets added.

Rising Dusk.2408

What do we want to do for old fractal records? I ask because back in the day the fractal ruleset was L49, but now it’s L50 so it’s a totally different instability. Do those old runs at L49 still count for all-time? In thinking about it, I’d say they do, but I wanted a second opinion.

spoj.9672

Id say no personally. Its not like there was many of them anyway.

Wethospu.6437

I can add a filter for different scales.

spoj.9672

Well assuming people redo them 50 should always be faster. So theres not much point adding a filter for different scales when all future runs will be 50.

Rising Dusk.2408

Maybe no filter is required, but we could allow the L49 ones to count for all-time because doing them in L50 will be faster due to no damage reduction. It’s a complication, though, and now I’m leaning towards not having them. We don’t want to clutter the fractal LBs.

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

Why not have them? It’s not like the all time fractal leaderboard is overwhelmed with records anyway.

Rising Dusk.2408

Why not have them? It’s not like the all time fractal leaderboard is overwhelmed with records anyway.

Well, doing a different fractal level is a lot like doing a different path of a normal dungeon. Depending on the instability it can be very different in terms of valid strategies. It ultimately comes down to whether or not we feel L49 old records are reasonable to compare to L50 records. If it’s more like apples and oranges, then it doesn’t make sense to put them next to each other.

The biggest difference between the two instabilities for me is the effect that persistent Agony has on the healing factors for players. Being able to always retain your scholar bonus more easily, for instance, can make a big difference.

It’s a tough call, but I currently lean towards L49 records not counting.

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

I think they are easily comparable, there’s hardly anything that changes when comparing L49 strats to L50 ones. I would even dare to say L49 was harder because you couldn’t go around dodging like a mad man without a reason.

The only time I actually notice the random agony for L50 is if I use my heal at the same time or in addition to the random burning on grawl shaman.

Wethospu.6437

I guess they can be there until we get complaints from someone who does fractals.

Rising Dusk.2408

Seems legit. I’ll handle some small backlog of things tonight, then.

Posted by: Jiyn.3158

Jiyn.3158

I thought this was the fastest all time SE P3 record?

http://gwscr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=668

Never trust a Stormcrow.

Rising Dusk.2408

I only went as far back as the September 9th patch for records prior to the recent reset, so if you find even shorter things that’s why they didn’t get captured. I’m working on getting it put in now.

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

Wethospu.6437

This would be a good time to talk more about how the record page should look like. So feel free to share any ideas regards that.

spoj.9672

The only thing that bothers me is how long names get pushed onto a second line in the table. It makes it look less neat. But im not sure exactly how to solve that without making tables huge.

Id suggest vertical tables but i dont think that would look better. Maybe just extend the guild name column slightly and then force characters to be split into two lines always. So 3 on the first line and 2 on the second.

Also i noticed on the all time we have TAFU. The only TAFU we have for archive purposes i believe is our old casual run. What do people think about having this? Its not using the correct timing and ofcourse the start of the dungeon changed completely since. And its warrior meta. x)

http://youtu.be/9B7pcu0wcoQ

Also if people do want it added. Should it be all time unrestricted or restricted. It would show up in both tables and make them look complete if its in restricted. And this was before we had the different rulesets.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Wethospu.6437

I added something which tries to make tables have similar width. But it doesn’t fully work yet, especially on limited space.

For comparison:

All data on two columns: http://gw2dungeons.net/Records#0AIfShD

All data on one column: http://gw2dungeons.net/dev/Records#0AIfShD

Some data on two columns: http://gw2dungeons.net/Records#0AIfSga

Some data on one column: http://gw2dungeons.net/dev/Records#0AIfSga

I could add an option how many columns there are.

spoj.9672

I prefer the some data options. Some data on one column looks a bit empty but its nice and clean. So i guess all data on one column solves the emptyness problem. Some data on two columns is almost perfect apart from a couple of character names getting cut in half.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Rising Dusk.2408

I prefer the all data on one column option, definitely, although I agree with Spoj that we should always have characters take two lines and clean that up. Three characters on one line and two on the next will look neater.

Lastly, I do think we should remove TAFU.

Wethospu.6437

Since there will be different layouts available I can just add 1 column and 2 columns option to the dropdown so people can choose what they want. I will also try creating an automatic option which attempts to choose the best view for currently selected filters.

Anyways, here is the first version of the guild profile. http://gw2dungeons.net/Guilds

You can automatically load a specific guild by having part of its name on the url. For example http://gw2dungeons.net/Guilds#SC

On the guild page you can also see a different layout (“list view”) for showing the records. Does this feel worth expanding (with more data and video links) or just scrap the whole idea?

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

I like the idea. I guess for records, we could create a playlist per record with each PoV, so there would be only 1 link in that section.

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

Is it possible to have the option to manually select the guild for a record? Would be handy for records that have members in multiple guilds but its clearly stated the record is done by a certain guild.

Wethospu.6437

It already is, not very handy way though. :P You can override the automation with guild IDs. But I will make it better tomorrow.

Currently one player can’t be in two guilds. I guess that’s something which has to be added. I guess whole guild backend needs an overhaul.

Rising Dusk.2408

Anyways, here is the first version of the guild profile. http://gw2dungeons.net/Guilds

You can automatically load a specific guild by having part of its name on the url. For example http://gw2dungeons.net/Guilds#SC

On the guild page you can also see a different layout (“list view”) for showing the records. Does this feel worth expanding (with more data and video links) or just scrap the whole idea?

I like it, and I think it could be really neat to have more information in that records listing on those pages. For instance now it doesn’t specify all-time or current meta or whatever, and those would be good. It’d also be good having links to videos. Also, it should show the “Unknown” player for each guild so that if they want to attribute some of the other characters to some other player, they know what the state of Unknown is so they can tell us.

Also, still should remove TAFU from all-time!

Wethospu.6437

Considering that guild / player profiles will have same filters as on the main page, they all could be on the same page.

But I guess it’s more clear and intuitive to use when they are on different pages.

TAFU will be replaced with unknown players.

spoj.9672

I dont know if its just me lagging. But i cant log in to the interface at the moment. It says welcome but nothing happens when i click login. Also i cant see the rulesets even when hard refreshing.

Wethospu.6437

That should work now.. Sorry about the mistakes. Got currently a pretty tight schedule so I only have time for this on late night which means less testing and more mistakes.

Wethospu.6437

Updated guild page and added player page. These will get some improvements next.

Also added layout setting to show records differently.

Oh, and overlay to show all videos and other links in the site. Now there is an extra button but do you guys think it should be the default behavior?

Posted by: Cheezy.2039

Cheezy.2039

It’s bugged for me, records don’t get shown at all.

Guilds page does not work either and gives me an error message:

Site error. Action not recognized.

Not sure if that’s just me

Cheezy – Vis Invicta [vC]

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

Wethospu.6437

Yeah, that happens when your browser uses outdated files from the cache. Either clear those or wait few days.

Rising Dusk.2408

I think the overlay should be the default behavior, honestly. I dislike there being an extra button because with character names and class icons that list is long enough already. The overlay itself is great, though.

The guild page looks great. I don’t really have much to add there other than that I like it.

Wethospu.6437

I will try that normal click opens the overlay and ctrl+click opens a new tab.

Plan is to improve the design a bit on guild / player page and add links so you can click on a player on the guild page to get to his profile and vice versa.

Site should be ready for a reddit release during this week!

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

It will be ready once you replace all occurrences of “dungeons” with “adventures”, “skilled/hard/melee” with “fashionable” and add some prayers to HoT.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Wethospu.6437

For approvers: Players can now be in up to 5 guilds (number be increased easily if needed). Specifically added to deal with ad-hoc groups.

spoj.9672

How do we add multiple guilds to a player? I only see a single guild drop down at the moment. Cache problem again or?

Wethospu.6437

Yes, there are now 5 drop downs.

I changed cache setting to 1 day for now so things should update bit faster on their own.

Wethospu.6437

Links added from players of guild profile to player profiles, and vice versa.

Now is a good time for any final suggestions since plan is to release this tomorrow on Reddit. Of course development still continues but plan for the next month is to gather feedback and improve fractal guides. Then once fractal guides are ok I will make a new topic to brainstorm stuff like jumping puzzles, record resetting procedures and whatever.

Note: I think I broke somestuff. Fix in a hour.