Gambits in Dungeon

Gambits in Dungeon

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

A while back there was a rumor that Anet was putting gambits — like in the Queen’s Gauntlet — in dungeons.

It seems like a good idea. For those who find the dungeon too hard, don’t use gambits. For those who find them too easy/unchallenging, use gambits and get bonus rewards.

Anyone have ideas for gambits that would make dungeons more fun/challenging?

Here’s a few to start it off:

• Play with fewer than 5 players.
  • Each player has a small bubble around him/her that other players can’t enter. This would disallow stacking. To make it funnier, if your bubble touches someone else’s, you both get knocked back. A variation where Anet already has the code: take damage if you’re near a party member.
  • If you get downed you die.
  • You have to kill every single mob in the path — hopefully this satisfies those who hate skipping.
  • Each player loses a utility slot.
  • Dredge clown cars spawn with each boss.

Gambits in Dungeon

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

The best one and the hardest one : Don’t kick anybody and get 1g bonus.

Gambits in Dungeon

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

3 hr in dungeon isn’t worth 1g.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

Gambits in Dungeon

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

The rumor was a datamining, it included:
- Do it with 4 people.
- Do it with a level 70 or less member.
- You play with half hp.
- If you go down you are dead permanently and the party cant kick you or invite another player.

I hope they implement it and you can play with all gambits at same time.

Gambits in Dungeon

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Queens gauntlet was probably a big beta test for the gambit system.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Gambits in Dungeon

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Gambits in Dungeon

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Just imagine the arguments about gambits you’d get in dungeon with a PUG group. People will get kicked before they’ve even started.

Gambits in Dungeon

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Imagine playing with friends instead of a PUG.

Gambits in Dungeon

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

As long as the clown car is actually a clown car

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Gambits in Dungeon

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

As long as the clown car is actually a clown car

Anet should have turned all dredge clown cars into actual clown cars for Halloween — that would have been awesome!

Gambits in Dungeon

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

I would actually like the idea of well thought out challenges for dungeons. But I think I’m with something like 1% or even less of the whole community here, so I don’t think we will see something like that applied on a wider scale in the next 2 or 3 years.

RIP game 2012-2014

Gambits in Dungeon

Posted by: The Sixteenth.2561

The Sixteenth.2561

Naaah way more than that, you just don’t see them complaining on forums because they know Anet have a data base that can tell them how long an average dungeon takes, how many dead… So they don’t need to be too afraid to let the forum for those who have a slower pace than them so they can go even faster.

Gambits in Dungeon

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

Theoretically, how would one do CoF P1 with less than 5, the braziers seem pretty unlikely to allow for a clever workaround, and even if you had a thief shadow step from the closest one into the room, you couldn’t do it with less than 4…

Unless the dungeon was reconfigured for the group…

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Gambits in Dungeon

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I dont believe those gambits were for permanent dungeons tbh. And if they were I suspect it was just an idea. I dont expect to see them ever actually appearing.

Gambits in Dungeon

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I dont believe those gambits were for permanent dungeons tbh. And if they were I suspect it was just an idea. I dont expect to see them ever actually appearing.

That’s kind of a shame, I know a lot of the hardcore dungeon folks like soloing, and if you got better rewards for it, it would raise the level of the community a bit past just bragging rights.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Gambits in Dungeon

Posted by: viciouspike.8624

viciouspike.8624

Friendly Fire:

Too close to an ally auto attack will hurt them half damage.

Gambits in Dungeon

viciouspike.8624

Troll Mode:
Cave troll randomly spawns at one boss in the dungeon.

Fire fight:
All melee is half damage.

Lava floor:
Must keep moving otherwise burn damage.

Infinity Mode:
Mobs spawn infinitely at 2 random bosses.

Easy Mode: (Rewards are halved; Other gambits can not be activated)
Everything in dungeon has half health.

Gambits in Dungeon

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Theoretically, how would one do CoF P1 with less than 5, the braziers seem pretty unlikely to allow for a clever workaround, and even if you had a thief shadow step from the closest one into the room, you couldn’t do it with less than 4…

Unless the dungeon was reconfigured for the group…

Use Turrets.

Gambits in Dungeon

Posted by: XarOneZeroNine.2374

XarOneZeroNine.2374

The rumor was a datamining, it included:
- Do it with 4 people.
- Do it with a level 70 or less member.
- You play with half hp.
- If you go down you are dead permanently and the party cant kick you or invite another player.

I hope they implement it and you can play with all gambits at same time.

Troll Mode:
Cave troll randomly spawns at one boss in the dungeon.

Fire fight:
All melee is half damage.

Lava floor:
Must keep moving otherwise burn damage.

Infinity Mode:
Mobs spawn infinitely at 2 random bosses.

Easy Mode: (Rewards are halved; Other gambits can not be activated)
Everything in dungeon has half health.

I like all of these. I actually really like the Easy Mode suggestion. It might help to get some people up to speed on the mechanics or encourage some people to try dungeons.

All in all I really like the gambits in dungeons idea. Instead of reworking the whole dungeon for ‘hard mode’ use the gambit system and let the player ramp up the difficulty as they see fit.

(edited by XarOneZeroNine.2374)

Gambits in Dungeon

viciouspike.8624

MVP:
Random player is chosen as MVP. This player does twice damage takes half damage to go down. If this player dies Everyone’s damage is halved, including MVP, but health is increased by 10%. If MVP dies >3 times MVP gambit is removed all stats return to normal.

Butterfingers:
Perma weakness.

Finish Him!:
Players have X health can be chosen by instance owner from list of 1000, 2.5k, 5k. Everyone in the group must hit an enemy 10 times before it dies. Skills such as 100 Blades accounts for 1 hit. If a player loses their health pool they are dead for the rest of the dungeon. Bosses have to be hit 30 times by each surviving player to kill it. Range attacks are reflected to the user for 50 damage and do not count towards the counter. Healing skills are removed. Regen skills hurt the player for 10 damage per second.

I can’t see!:
Random player is selected for blindness every 10 seconds. Blindness lasts 8 seconds.

Will there be dungeon specific gambits or just general case?

Gambits in Dungeon

viciouspike.8624

Hard Mode (One random gambit is added; 3x rewards)
Random/all enemies have perma haste, deal 1.5x damage, players have 75% normal health. Party can wipe once. Voting initiates to restart dungeon with Hard Mode gambit or remove gambit and complete dungeon from last WP.

Breaking Bad (Other gambits can not be activated with):
Upon completion of dungeon players “fight” each other. Players get ranked on how much damage they did to other players. 1st gets 2.5x rewards 2nd 2x 3rd 1.5×.

Share the Health:
All healing skills are negated. Regen doesn’t help/hurt players. The team gets 2 lives. Everyone’s health is added together and is like that of a boss’s health pool. When the health pool is close to depletion whichever player gets downer/die they can be revived/WP and the health pool will fill back up minus the person who died health from total pool. Once lives are depleted defeated players are in spectator mode if the remaining players wipe everyone is revived all gambits are removed.

Gambits in Dungeon

viciouspike.8624

End of Times:
Players get randomly selected for haste. Players must complete dungeon in allotted time. At the allotted time health gets reduced to 75% maximum. At 2 minutes over allotted time 50%. 3 minutes over 25%. 4 minutes over 50% health with the person doing the least amount of damage dead, 2 random people are selected for haste. 6 minutes over 75% health with 2 lowest damage output players dead. When the timer reaches 7 minutes over allotted time all players are revived gambit is removed.

Endgame:
End of Times, Troll Mode, Lava Floor, Infinity Mode, MVP, Butterfingers, I can’t see!, and Share the Health activated. No wipes allowed. Out of Combat regen allowed, 10 healing abilities allowed.

Mathematical! (Reward = Reward + Reward * .5)(1.5x?):
Simple math equations are randomly displayed on the screen 3/1 press the skill that will give the correct answer skill will do 2x damage.

It is too late for this lol…

(edited by viciouspike.8624)

Gambits in Dungeon

viciouspike.8624

Down for Maintenance:
Utilities are disabled.

Master Race:
The only Elite skill a player can use is from their character’s race.

Well I figure this thread is dead so I won’t be posting here anymore /: