General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

Best runes for engi* after strength and hoelbrak and scholar?

aristocracy?

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

flame legion……

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

Thanks again Jiyn and Lunar,

good times!

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Posted by: Jiyn.3158

Jiyn.3158

Thanks again Jiyn and Lunar,

good times!

Was fun! I need to practice P3…a lot more :/

Never trust a Stormcrow.

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

How far can you guys solo in TA Aetherpath? (Using +1 for ooze puzzle, and +3 for electric floor, but solo the rest)

This is the farthest i got so far

Attachments:

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I’ll be trying flame legion… Imma miss my parrot, though.

Finally found the fabled purple potatoes. They look so fashionable. I’ll test them out in 30 mins -

Regular taste, amazing look.
That’s how I like mah gi… potatoes.

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Got a 82 illusionist instead of the berserker at the door leading to the room before lupi. 0/

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Does he still one-sniper-shot eles out of a sudden?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Well i dodged the aoe and then decided to test the damage for science, it was a 8 or 9k on my engi i believe so.. yeah, a bad crit will os an ele :O

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

How far can you guys solo in TA Aetherpath? (Using +1 for ooze puzzle, and +3 for electric floor, but solo the rest)

I really doubt you can get pass sparki&slick :c Maybe with some dire set, never tried, but I rly doubt a berserker/assassin build can manage solo in this fight, this is an encounter that gets harder over time and has too many factors for a soloer x.x
even if you kill sparki, slick will spam even more oil pools, good luck with that DoT + his auto + his jump attack(fear) + the constant need of pulling ooze or being eaten by DoT + his big hp pool

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

I really doubt you can get pass sparki&slick :c Maybe with some dire set, never tried, but I rly doubt a berserker/assassin build can manage solo in this fight, this is an encounter that gets harder over time and has too many factors for a soloer x.x
even if you kill sparki, slick will spam even more oil pools, good luck with that DoT + his auto + his jump attack(fear) + the constant need of pulling ooze or being eaten by DoT + his big hp pool

I was running it with settler’s 0-0-6-6-2 p/d thief. dots, burning, and oils arent problem, cuz the ooze follows only me, and slick shots all oils under me, so its easy to clear up.

What makes quite exciting when they start applying 3-6sec fears when they get below 50% hp.

Only thing stopped me from trying: They don’t know the stealth, so they have a good chance to reset(instantly to max hp) when i enter stealth… and that’s disappointing after having them damaged below 50% with a bad dps gear.

Any ideas how could this be done with other professions?
There’s a lot of trouble with the first trash mobs without blind fields.

(edited by sMihaly.1492)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I have tried Slick & Sparki on a warrior. Was able to get Sparki to below 50% couple of times but didn’t have enough tries to learn to dodge his fear.

It’s pretty tough on melee range.

Sublimatio.6981

I imagine warrior would be more comfortable when traited for regen banners, regen on adrenaline + healing signet + life steal food.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Meh, glitching out of HotW isn’t interesting at all…

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

O.o I just found out people are unhappy that they have to fractal to get the “new” back item.

Lilith; I’m post in the threads, hopefully they will come to us for help

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

O.o I just found out people are unhappy that they have to fractal to get the “new” back item.

They are unhappy because they have to get out of their casual comfort zone of spamming auto attack in WvW/PvE zergs to actually putting in effort to get some shinies.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

They are unhappy because they have to get out of their casual comfort zone of spamming auto attack in WvW/PvE zergs to actually putting in effort to get some shinies.

but, but, they can do that in fractals too. They will just need to stand in different spots.. Besides fractals are fun

Posted by: Rasimir.6239

Rasimir.6239

They are unhappy because they have to get out of their casual comfort zone

of spamming auto attack in WvW/PvE zergs to actually putting in effort to get some shinies.

I fully agree with the first part of the quote, but not with the second. A lot of people I know that are feeling unhappy about needing pristine relics for the ascended backpiece are simply people that are scared of fractals because they don’t usually play that kind of content and are not the type of person who just jumps in and tries new things. The feeling that four other people are depending on them getting something right when they don’t even have a clear picture of what it actually is they have to do in a group dungeon/fractal is extremely uncomfortable for those people.

Just last week I took a guildie into fractals who hadn’t been in there since shortly after the original fractal launch. She’s just not much of a group content person (for several reasons) and almost had to be dragged in there, despite the fact that she really wanted the backpiece. Afterwards, she said (in a rather surprised tone of voice ): well, that was actually fun, and not nearly as hard as I expected it to be (we did a level 19 since she had enough ar from her old fractal outings).

Yeah, I admit it, I’m just an old lady and a filthy casual , and thus have an unhealthy tendency to play with people who don’t just “jump in and try”.

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

great all this talk about fractals has made me want to go play it now. TIME TO PUG A LVL 30 SOMETHING ONE!!!

(i need to increase my level cuz I’m a scrub)

Minigrump.4961

yaaaaaaaaaaaay first fractal above level 30 in over 8 months and i got a fractal skin

Attachments:

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

yaaaaaaaaaaaay first fractal above level 30 in over 8 months and i got a fractal skin

You should be ashamed. However I did get a hammer skin recently, first skin since fractured patch.

Taku.6352

I fully agree with the first part of the quote, but not with the second. A lot of people I know that are feeling unhappy about needing pristine relics for the ascended backpiece are simply people that are scared of fractals because they don’t usually play that kind of content and are not the type of person who just jumps in and tries new things. The feeling that four other people are depending on them getting something right when they don’t even have a clear picture of what it actually is they have to do in a group dungeon/fractal is extremely uncomfortable for those people.

While I was grossly over generalising several of those who want items and rewards like Mawdrey are not ready to take 5 minutes out of their life to do a simple Google/wiki search and get familiar with the content so they wouldn’t be jumping into the unknown. Instead they insist on hanging on to the age old saying of: “I play how I want.” expecting everything to be handed to them on a silver platter.

I was at this same position with the WvW season weapon skins. Some of those skins are way better looking than most other skins in the game yet they were locked behind several WvW specific achievements. I’ve never been an avid WvW/PvP player but because I really wanted to get these rewards I did some research on reddit/forums/twitch streams to find out on what kinds of builds would be good on which class then hopped onto server teamspeak and joined in to realise that this can actually be pretty fun. And even now I occasionally put on my condi gear, hop onto EB/borderlands and have some fun fights eventhough some time ago I couldn’t possibly imagine going to WvW for anything other than map completion.

Minigrump.4961

So I went and read the living story subforum. After gouging my eyes out from all the QQing about fractals somehow being forced upon them (I don’t see how it is being forced) I left and am really surprised out how whiny the general playerbase can be :/

EDIT: Grammar

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Congrats!

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Guys, I got bored and started catching up on LS season 2 over the weekend, having only done the first couple steps of episode 1 until now.

I’m so confused. I don’t know what to think anymore because….well….I liked it and actually had some fun!

Taku.6352

Guys, I got bored and started catching up on LS season 2 over the weekend, having only done the first couple steps of episode 1 until now.

I’m so confused. I don’t know what to think anymore because….well….I liked it and actually had some fun!

Season 2 is a fun change of pace but the novelty quickly wears out once you’ve done it a few times to get the achievement. It just doesn’t have similar replay value as dungeons or old season 1 events had.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Oh, I fully agree there. I don’t care about achievements, and was a little sickened to see that you had to replay the episodes to get any of them. I had to replay a few of them because of dc’s (always during the final NPC dialog >.<), and that was enough for me, lol.

I was just happy to see some actual mechanics besides “DPS / dodge melee / avoid AoE”. It’s bittersweet to see that they are iterating and improving on their encounter designs, but that they still haven’t quite gotten replayability figured out yet or shown any interest in designing some fresh dungeon instances. A step forward is a step forward, though :-)

Lilith Ajit.6173

Is anyone online right now? I need someone to buy me an operative ’ s creed? I’ll pay you back plus a couple gold ^^

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

ehhh? it’s 5g 24 s but ok. I sent one.

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

Lilith Ajit.6173

ehhh? it’s 5g 24 s but ok. I sent one.

It’s going to be included in the collection. Will skyrocket, along with probably several dungeon recipe trinkets.

THANK YOU SWIFTY

[ARES]

Lilith Ajit.6173

Okay I’ve been informed that it might or probably is a low level karma item with the same icon.

[ARES]

J Eberle.9312

I am so confused. It’s a backpiece that doesn’t have a skin afaik? :o

Lilith Ajit.6173

[ARES]

J Eberle.9312

ooooooooooh my.

I don’t know what to do.

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

Outgoing healing combat log hype

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

If my spreadsheet is right, starting tomorrow, when solo, a condi mesmer has a chance to do MORE dps than a power mesmer…

6,036 dps = Zerk/Scholars + 2x Swordsman & 1 Duelist (melee)
6,106 dps = Rabid/Krait + 3 Staff clones (melee)

D:

(edited by frifox.5283)

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

If my spreadsheet is right, starting tomorrow, when solo, a condi mesmer has a chance to do MORE dps than a power mesmer…

D:

I didn’t think anything changed for mesmers this patch?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

D:

I didn’t think anything changed for mesmers this patch?

the 3 bounce trait will carry over to illusions now is best I can figure? Which would mean the staff guys would bounce back for double the effect?

Sublimatio.6981

http://jastrzebie-gramatyki.pl/cytat/113854 I just found an awesome (polish) quote-creating site… this is perfect

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I haven’t felt like playing GW2 in a long time. I’ve pretty much only been playing because of not knowing what else to do because I want to still play an MMO. This one I thought would fit the bill.

Still debating whether or not I want to keep it installed. I ponder it daily.

-sigh-

Minigrump.4961

Holy kitten I just realized I got the recipe operatives creed from arah the other night when doing it with a few guildies. Time to make a few for friends and others who I like

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

/drops some cake

Good morning, everyone, it’s been a while o/

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

I’m so much left behind this scared me. There’s like kitten load of things happening on reddit and forums I’m all lost. Too much content :O

Snow Crows [SC]

Sublimatio.6981

I haven’t felt like playing GW2 in a long time. I’ve pretty much only been playing because of not knowing what else to do because I want to still play an MMO. This one I thought would fit the bill.

-sigh-

Try to find enjoyment in an area of the game you never explored completely. I know you like hard jumping puzzles/goating, maybe try Scavenger Chasm in Malchor’s Leap? Or the one in Lornar Pass with griffons. Yesterday I was walking in Iron Marches in Dragonbrand, I’ve never been there before, I felt like exploring a new map
Edit: or make a new class that you will enjoy

NovaanVerdiano.6174

-sigh-

Just keep it installed. The game itself is good, it just lacks in most departments, sadly. Also, you may find yourself every now and then to want to solo a path or do whatever.

//Yeah right, create a necromancer, welcome to hardmode. lol

winterchillz.2564

Attachment number 1: Fractals rock.
Attachment number 2: We don’t need party to do dungeons.

Attachments:

Cloud of Sparrows

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

There’s no point uninstalling and then having to download some 100000000gb monstrosity when the urge to play tickles you again.

I’m mostly just playing Dragon Age and going to get in to playing MTG again, as annoyed as DA2 made me, from what Bioware did since then in the DA franchise (from DA2 DLC to what is being shown in Inquisition) they actually know how to listen to fans, ignore the stupid criticisms (removing walking from ME2 > ME3 ruins my immersion… wtf) and be progressive enough in the gaming industry to draw larger audiences. Plus they make relevant, sizeable content for their games post-release in addition to the little armour/weapon packs and skins.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

winterchillz.2564

I’m so disappointed with this patch, really. It offered nothing else but stupid achievements and changes to UI. And of course, a kittenload of broken PvE content.

Edit: I kitten wonder why ANet try to fix kitten around the dungeons when they don’t have people dedicated to that. It’s like the support guy in our company to touch our developer’s code.

Cloud of Sparrows

(edited by winterchillz.2564)