General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

I’d rather not see this thread locked.

Has anyone ever killed Sorge the Zealot on land?

Can you actually?

We did it once with FGS

RIP

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Nuuuu, don’t touch this thread. It seems to be the only sane place left within the Dungeons sub-forum. I run for shelter here when I get too much of the forum bingo.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

i second having our old players fail thread back. it was the best around, and nothing was going to bring it down

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

Nuuuu, don’t touch this thread. It seems to be the only sane place left within the Dungeons sub-forum. I run for shelter here when I get too much of the forum bingo.

It’s just a forum engine concern, noone is taking our sandpit.

Defeated by packet loss.

Minigrump.4961

so I was practicing arah on my mesmer earlier today. and i learned that i am shockingly bad at playing my mesmer.

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Option 2 wouldn’t hurt anyone, but previous threads should be renamed with chronological numbers added to them, so they will be easier to find (at least not harder than finding something you are looking for bw page 2-82)

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

i second having our old players fail thread back. it was the best around, and nothing was going to bring it down

Pm me for a link to the archived pages of the old thread.

When you came back a month and a half ago some people were like “who are you Minigrump”. I remember you because I have said archives somewhere :p

Were i to chose an option I’d go for something really clean :
- lock the previous thread
- split it in pages 1-50 and 51-100
- add a sticky or the person to start the next “General Discussion Thread” has the responsibility to link to the previous threads in the first post
- don’t move it to the trashcan, it’s a pain to go fetch the pages after that :/

Thanks in advance.

And to the people complaining that nobody posts lately, fear not. School is starting again, I’ll post regularly now !

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

winterchillz.2564

So … I decided to pug Arah path 4 after I saw a party up for it. Turned out that all the fellas on it are first-timers. I thought, why not, I can be helpful if they listen. So we took off and I was explaining them what to do and where. Everything went pretty well except for wiping once at Lupi (can’t blame it on them since I failed to solo myself). The guys were really friendly and were listening to everything I was saying.

We spent 2 hours and a half inside and the Bloodstone was just getting down to 10% hp when I thought it’d be nice to tell them I enjoyed the run and thank them for listening carefully to me. Just as I started typing, my electricity went out …. I will be honest and I’ll admit that I felt like crying.

Cloud of Sparrows

Minigrump.4961

update on my game life. just completed the Gift of Bolt. need t6 mats and the precursor then i am done. in the middle of a daily 40 fractal. no good loot from the 49 fractal.

Minigrump.4961

update on the 40 fractal. my luck continues and holds on

Attachments:

winterchillz.2564

o.O teach me master

Cloud of Sparrows

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I always thought you were a nice guy, upvoted your post and everything, but with your recent luck on FoTM I have no choice but to hate you from the bottom of my heart.

winterchillz.2564

I always thought you were a nice guy, upvoted your post and everything, but with your recent luck on FoTM I have no choice but to hate you from the bottom of my heart.

Makes the two of us, you know how it is when you get too lucky, bro.

Edit: Lupi doesn’t care I’m close to him, when it’s time to get rekt, it’s time to get rekt.

It was in phase 3, I was inside of his hitbox and the normal projectiles attack still hit me. :C

Attachments:

Cloud of Sparrows

(edited by winterchillz.2564)

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

thanks for the info guys. that is good to know. also good to know that the pugs try to reflect his spinning attack when its useless :P

I know this is a page late, but:

Old Toms standard spinning bolts cannot be reflected. They can be body-blocked by Ranger Pets and Earth Eles, making those both awesome for this fight.

Old Tom does, however, have a single target ranged nuke that can be reflected. This one hits like a truck and is worth blocking/reflecting. Now, feedback isn’t going to save anyone in the melee pile from it, so WoR is actually not wasted in this fight.

That said, hiding behind a chunky pet is way safer.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Personally, I would have trouble finding any old information if this thread were in any way locked or changed, especially since the search function on these forums doesn’t always work right.

I think it would be very confusing for many people if they can’t find information due to the thread being changed.

I think this thread should stay the same.

I take this on board, and thanks for sharing your thoughts.

The last thing I want to do is to deflect or throttle discussion because as I said, this is a a really great thread. Given the… umm… “less-than-stellar quality” of our search engine, I agree we should just leave it be.

You folks update this if you’re finding “Haaalp, it crashes my computer!”

Ok, back to the General Dungeon Discussion…

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Trice.4598

Edit: Lupi doesn’t care I’m close to him, when it’s time to get rekt, it’s time to get rekt.

It was in phase 3, I was inside of his hitbox and the normal projectiles attack still hit me. :C

haha yes, that is because you were on the only part of the ground that is a little higher. those arc on the ground can get you hit by his projectile even if you are close.

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

haha yes, that is because you were on the only part of the ground that is a little higher. those arc on the ground can get you hit by his projectile even if you are close.

To add to this, elevation bolts only hit you while you’re moving, so if you find yourself on elevated terrain, it will be safe if you stand still and move between lupi’s auto.

Minigrump.4961

got hit by a few of those bolts in phase 3 while doing it off wall and died ;_;

Attachments:

Minigrump.4961

also if the person carrying the hammer dcs on clffside, you lose the hammer permanently

Posted by: Cletus Van Damme.2795

Cletus Van Damme.2795

This happened a few weeks ago, dunno if it was a bug but pretty cool anyway.

Attachments:

Magumer Ranger

Trice.4598

This happened a few weeks ago, dunno if it was a bug but pretty cool anyway.

Level 20 new meta

winterchillz.2564

Thank you Trice and Tom for verifying why I was getting hit by the bolts. I couldn’t have known that considering my kazulness level. C:

And yes, I think that’s a bug, Cletus, please report it so that they can remove the ascended chests from the rewards table with the upcoming fractals reset.

Cloud of Sparrows

Minigrump.4961

anyone had it for the ascalon fractal the npcs do not spawn at all? just happened to me in a 49 fractal.

Posted by: Shinki.8045

Shinki.8045

anyone had it for the ascalon fractal the npcs do not spawn at all? just happened to me in a 49 fractal.

What generally happens:

Your team spawns and runs on the left wall. The NPCs charge the first blob of infinitely respawning mobs and gets brutally murdered in an unwinnable war of attrition.

Now if your team completely wipes then the NPCs will respawn. If one person runs away, they will not. If you wipe before killing Dulfy and breaking the wall, they will respawn and commit ritual suicide against the infinitely respawning Ascalonians again. If you wipe after killing Dulfy they usually respawn right there with you, but everyone needs to die for that to happen.

If you’re ever wondering where the NPCs are, check the map for the skull and crossbone dead NPC symbols. They’re the only ones that can be ressed so they’re the only ones that leave that on the map. Odds are, they’re all dead immediately outside of the tent where you start.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

stretches Just finished three days in the hole. My first temp-ban! Getting closer to PvF endgame…

Hi Gaile! Thanks for checking out that (formerly titled) “no endgame” thread, I think there was some valuable discussion there and I’m glad it wasn’t missed. I’m really glad you went back to check it out. Gathering our input on endgame is a great first step. I hope that discussion comes full circle and we’ll get to hear what direction the company feels is right for the future of the game.

As for this thread, I’ve never had any issues loading it, but if it is stressing the server, do what you gotta do.

To rephrase one of my infracted posts in a more constructive manner (I’m assuming it was infracted for my lament of “There is no hope for this [expletive deleted] game”):

When players are constantly complaining about a lack of content updates and subsequently leaving, it’s disheartening to see an ArenaNet employee praising a post that is both insulting to the dissatisfied players and arguing semantics to avoid the issue at hand.

The game has major problems when it comes to producing content. After watching nearly all of my friends leave because there’s not enough new challenging content coming out and hearing similar complaints from other forumers, I don’t see how that is debatable. People who want more than casual LS content are leaving, it’s clear as day.

Seeing a red-post affirming that there are no problems with the rate of content production kills any remaining hope I had for this game. Either the game is not suited to players who are looking for more than clicking through a story episode, or the company is blind to the problem. Hence, I personally don’t feel that there is a future in this game for most of us given the direction the game has taken since launch.

When we try to give constructive feedback, we’ve been ignored or told “Naaaaaaaaah, everything’s fine.” Now ANet seems to be listening, but it’s a one-way street. We’re telling you what we’re looking for, but we aren’t hearing if our interests align with those of the company.

I’d personally love to see ArenaNet take a stance and announce what they plan to do in the future; nothing too specific, but what forms of content do you have interest in adding? Will there be more multipath dungeon systems added? Will conditions in PvE get fixed to create actual build diversity? etc etc. These are the things people are being vocal about wanting — if you want to stop hearing the same questions over and over, give us some clear answers ;-)

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

ANet have already said that:

1. the Aetherpath was a large commitment of resources and not many people did it
2. they will not be adding any new dungeons in the next six months at least
3. if they add new instanced content they prefer to go about it via fractals

Your interests do not align with theirs. My interests do not align with theirs. I have taken a break from the game until I feel the urge to pick it up again.

I have also finally finished my 7th Origins + awakening + all DLC playthrough and holy **** it was the most satisfying gaming experience i’ve had in a while

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

dlonie.6547

Yep, I agree completely (about both GW2 and DA:O =D ).

“There is no kittening hope for me in this game.” would have been more accurate first time around ;-)

My last post was meant as a more general suggestion with wider implications than the ever-shrinking dungeon community. Those of us who ran dungeons should definitely give up on the game given the past and future treatment of the area. However, people with interests in PvP, WvW, and PvE would likely benefit from a more open conversation about the future of the game. It’s frustrating to hope the next patch will have something for you only to be disappointed time and time again.

My line of thinking used to be: “They had this content at launch, so they’ll continue working on it as the game matures.” Sadly, this does not seem to be the case. They could satisfy a lot of their playerbase’s frustration by coming clean about what GW2 is, and what it is not.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Haven’t they though? If the last month or so has done anything it’s made it pretty clear that the people who like group content that is a bit more challenging simplly aren’t the focus for the game. The admitting no new dungeons are coming anytime soon. The comments that nothing new but they’ll TRY to fix some of the bugs/issues with what’s here currently. The changes to dungeon ownership and the support for the abuse of said system (or I should say lack of support).

People’s love of the game, their hope in the potential of what it could be is making them delusional. We have what we have, either be happy with it, or move on. It sucks, it really really really really really does, but it’s not changing.

As far as fractals being the main form of additional group content, that’d be fine with me IFF they adjusted the mechanics in which fractals are played. I hate the random nature, there are some fractals I love and would love to do regularly, some I hate and make me exit out of the game afterwards and stop playing for a day or two. Take out that random nature and fractals would be a lot more fun to me. There are some dungeons I don’t do regularly, friends have to literally drag me in there, AC for example, plenty rewarding, but god kitten I hate that place. Same goes for fractals like Snowblind, Cliffside,and the Mossman fight.

Now, I’m not quitting hte game or anything, I find places to have fun and have plenty of friends that are worth chatting with while we grind through monotonous things. But, this last month has snapped me back to my senses where I’m no longer hoping for things that won’t happen.

dlonie.6547

They’ve cut the cord for dungeoneers, this is true. I held on to some delusional hope that things would improve for a while after the announcement, but it’s gone after seeing this post.

I just think that PvP’rs who have been waiting for new maps, WvW folks who have been waiting for updates, etc etc might also like to know if the things they’ve been waiting two years for will ever materialize or not.

Everything is behind a big black curtain for some reason. We aren’t allowed to know what’s coming, so instead we hope, and then, of course, get disappointed because all the mystery and hype they generate falls short of industry standards. The longer this goes on, the more apparent it is that there’s nothing behind the curtain; the cake is a lie.

If that’s not the case, now’s the time for them to speak up about it (well, two years was, but anyway…). They should fix the problem before it gets worse.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Now, I have to say first, I have the utmost respect for the developers in this field, it’s a tough job for sure, but I couldn’t help but laugh and cry at this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Kk3CDbAO0M

I can’t help but feel that the company policy of saying nothing is hurting everyone. Look at the NPE, look at how much was released and instantly backpeddled on. Look at the commander tags. I mean it’s pretty obvious that we needed more back and forth and transperancy but that’s not really what we got, what we got was more talk but not really any more substance. We still have responses to the NPE as “some things will be changing”, what do you mean some? ohh, you can’t say?… yeah…

I realize there are some testers, some people who get early access to things. But, it seems like those people are more interested in making their youtube videos than giving quality feedback on the content. Maybe that’s all ANet wants, but I really hope they change that policy and look for ways they can communicate and get player feedback on things before doing a bunch of work on a product that will hit the game like a lead brick.

And again, nothing but respect for those people working for ANet, just voicing my opinion and frustrations on the current situation.

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

As long as there is some hope, people will continue to play the game. If they would sqash this hope, they would move on to another game, hence, no gem sales in their eyes. This is why I think they are hush hush on everything about the game. the cake is a lie

Trice.4598

Hardcore parkour
http://youtu.be/fldzWk9Fo_M

Don’t even need whirlwind or anything, you can just walk through it lol. I know this is not new, someone asked me to post it :P.

(edited by Trice.4598)

winterchillz.2564

After 29 pug in which I had to switch among all of my 80s in order to complete it, I’d say that the reward is kinda worth it for the first time.

Attachments:

Cloud of Sparrows

Tom Yzf.5872

Sweet sweet justice.

I got vote-kicked today. They came in, posed as buyers and stole the instance. I usually have a solid system to protect myself, but we werent’ quick enough in the second vote-kick attempt and I got booted out. Was so mad. Good thing I got their names.

Determined to get my instance back, I went offline. Like clockwork these filthy scum of the earth posted up an lfg of their own. Here is the kicker; they put in their lfg: [DnT] Selling P3 etc. HAH! Went back in, and with the help of some actual DnT friends, took back my instance, and blocked then reported them in-game.

Justice taste so delicious.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Tom you got revenge but on my side it was just annoying…

I start pugging an AC fullrun with a guildie. The three pugs have dces and wipe often, I strat joking about it and at P3, burrows event they kick my guildie first (he had done nothing) then me and since the LFG didn’t reappear I guess they gave to guildies…

No justice, hence my afternoon spent researching how the instance ownership and vote system truly worked

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Tom Yzf.5872

Sorry to hear

Yea, I saw that reddit post. I was under the impression that after adding or removing players from the party, the ability to vote kick would come back. If this is indeed reliable, it would be a nice “feature” to have.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Be funny if they reported you and you got suspended
and by funny i mean messed up

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Minigrump.4961

is it supposed to bend that way?

Attachments:

Trice.4598

You broke it

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

iPhone 6.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

winterchillz.2564

The Exorcist 2

Cloud of Sparrows

Trice.4598

Relevant : https://i.imgur.com/Lo3uWHF.jpg

Minigrump.4961

can someone link me the guardian hammer build for fotm? too lazy to search for it myself

Trice.4598

http://intothemists.com/guides/3793-max_utility_dps_hammer_guardian

Take the 2 out of virtue if you don’t need MoC and put it in Zeal, or if you are lazy take unscatted contender. This is obal’s guide by the way.

(edited by Trice.4598)

winterchillz.2564

Decided to pug fractals again. Guys were listening and were doing good until we reached Mai Trin where it turned out to be a disaster. Thanks to the best tank EU (Earth ele) we managed to pull it off and the RNGods decided to reward me yet again. I’m never doing a guild fractals run anymore, long live pugs!

Edit: It’s the scepter. Trice, don’t hate me. :<

Attachments:

Cloud of Sparrows

(edited by winterchillz.2564)

Trice.4598

Decided to pug fractals again. Guys were listening and were doing good until we reached Mai Trin where it turned out to be a disaster. Thanks to the best tank EU (Earth ele) we managed to pull it off and the RNGods decided to reward me yet again. I’m never doing a guild fractals run anymore, long live pugs!

Is it me or do level 20 reward seems a bit off? everyone has beeen getting stuff from 20 lately, even in my guild people keep getting stuff from 20.

Minigrump.4961

i get my stuff from 30s. :P

Edit: have had another ascended armor chest drop (Defenders sadly)

Minigrump.4961

DnT tourney is up currently
Watch on Nikes twitch

Trice.4598

So I have been playing thief more recently and in most cases, at least more than half the time, I get the boss aggro, which mean I can hardly backstab them, also in some other cases we LoS a boss so backstab is out of question.

So 2 questions,

1. Any reason why I am getting the aggro, I am using a standard 6/6/0/0/2 build with Berserker and Scholar?

2. Is sword better when facing an enemy? I remember reading somewhere that when you can’t backstab, you’re better off with sword/pistol?

winterchillz.2564

1. I think champs generally aggro on the squishiest party members (ex: the golem in CoE bloody loves my ele, every.single.nuke is directed at her). So I don’t think your build could affect aggro. Of course, I can’t confirm since I haven’t tested it personally.

2. Can’t tell, sorry, but interested to know as well.

Cloud of Sparrows