Tom Yzf.5872

hahahahahahahahaha

Attachments:

(edited by Tom Yzf.5872)

General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

Depending on how it scales. New map could be… a somewhat fun 20 man instance.

Openworld pvp was fun too. hehe. Brainwash in full effect.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

The last boss in the new LS episode was kinda … interesting.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

done already?

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Sinister gear should allow new records for warrior, engie and necro lupi solos if someone was inclined to pursue them.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

Sinister gear should allow new records for warrior, engie and necro lupi solos if someone was inclined to pursue them.

I was just about to come mention that.

#fixrampager2014

Random though though. Would this stat set allow for the possibility of a Condi based party member in say Fractals, where the fights are longer? Such as a possible spot for a Necromancer to not feel quite as useless??

obviously not optimal, but at least useable?

(edited by Ropechef.6192)

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Is this for solos only? Is engi zerk still meta?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I thought assassins was meta with the chance to proc more bleed/vuln?

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

#fixrampager2014

Random though though. Would this stat set allow for the possibility of a Condi based party member in say Fractals, where the fights are longer? Such as a possible spot for a Necromancer to not feel quite as useless??

Necros will still be pretty bleh but engis on the other will shine in fractals like molten and dredge where rat people spam protection all the time. I know I will most likely get a full set of Verata’s armor for my engineer.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Oh is it? Woops

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Dem bosses are actually nice, Anet goes in the right direction.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

anyone noticing an increase in lag spikes in dungeons? or is it my internet being kittenty again?

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Yup, there’s a thread about it here, a lot of people seem to be having that problem.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Oh is it? Woops

Full Assassin kinda hurts the damage in a decent group. On the other hand, full zerker is kinda meh when doing solo/open world. I personally go for a mix of Assasin and Zerk, but I’m dying to try the new Sinister gears. It looks yummy!

Its scaling and multiple-objective mechanics work wonderfully against the zerg balling mentality. The bandit protection buff is also a nice touch. Hopefully it rouses more people to participate in WvW and make the scene in lower tier servers a bit more lively.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

hybrid.5027

Oh is it? Woops

Full Assassin kinda hurts the damage in a decent group. On the other hand, full zerker is kinda meh when doing solo/open world. I personally go for a mix of Assasin and Zerk, but I’m dying to try the new Sinister gears. It looks yummy!

Its scaling and multiple-objective mechanics work wonderfully against the zerg balling mentality. The bandit protection buff is also a nice touch. Hopefully it rouses more people to participate in WvW and make the scene in lower tier servers a bit more lively.

Not sure by what metric you measure assassins being worse than zerker in a full group. Assassins armor and weapons is superior to berserker for engineer in groups unless you have Spotter.

Sinister won’t be meta for group content since the engineer gets about 80% of its DPS from direct damage and acid bomb, grenade barrage and jumpshot are the money makers, and those do not benefit from condition damage whatsoever.

Jerus.4350

If you’re capping vuln and bleed though wouldn’t the benefit swap to zerk gear?

hybrid.5027

Assuming max might/vuln banners/sns beans food

Assassins armor and weapons: 17839 ep

Full Berserker: 17806ep

Full assassins is better dps even with bleeds and vuln capped, though it is relatively close. even if the assassins only generates one additional stack of vuln on average or one additional stack of bleeding, it would be a pretty large upgrade.

Jerus.4350

Nice, I was thinking it was just due to the “on crit” benefits not actual damage. Thanks.

Btw, been meaning to hop on the DnT forums to ask but figure this would work. What kind of DPS is Elixer Gun, Flamethrower, and Rifle adding? I know they’re the big bangs but I’m finding sometimes different utilities and the shield are invaluable options, so I’m curious what kind of damage I’m losing making those tradeoffs. I’m PUGing more often than not lately and I’d say I’m running double kit at best most of the time.

hybrid.5027

Everything is optional, but the more you cut out the worse off you are.

Flamethrower is basically just there for the #2 skill which hits as hard as warrior gs Rush but on a 6 second cool down

Acid Bomb is a 100 blades that is also a blast finisher on a 15 second cool down.

Rifle is an eviscerate that inflicts 3 stacks of vuln on a 20 second cool down and another Rush that inflicts 4 bleed stacks on a 10 second cool down.

in short fights you can cut flamethrower because you will only have time to cycle through your rotation once really and the short cool down of Detonate Flame Blast only really matters when you get to spam it multiple times per fight. I would consider Acid Bomb to be non-optional and rifle is such a dps boost that youd really have to have a good reason to need that extra shield blast finisher.

Jerus.4350

Yeah, I try to run it right, but still practicing and I find some extra utilities very useful especially with PUGs.

The shield is basically for Lupi and when I forget to swap back after doing stealth runs

I know I’m playing at a sub-optimal level just always curious what the tradeoffs end up being.

Iris Ng.9845

Not sure by what metric you measure assassins being worse than zerker in a full group. Assassins armor and weapons is superior to berserker for engineer in groups unless you have Spotter.

Sinister won’t be meta for group content since the engineer gets about 80% of its DPS from direct damage and acid bomb, grenade barrage and jumpshot are the money makers, and those do not benefit from condition damage whatsoever.

Based on my group and my own play style, is that a problem? Considering

• There is always a spotter in the group
  • I’m using both nade and bomb kits but I prefer bombs.
  • I feel the stat sits well even if I have to pug 3/5
  • I could go on and on… but,
    Already said it’s a personal preference.

I think it’s a given that if you change the stat, you should have change the build, thus the traits and so on. Both nades and bomb make use of condi damage. Engi has favorable traits for both condi and power builds. The testing ground is just open and I’m not as confident as you to give an affirmation on what will be the meta and what not. At a lesser extent, it can become popular even if it’s not a part of meta, like Phalanx Strength or DF/Fresh Air builds.

If meta is considered to be what makes or breaks a dungeon record, be my guest and prove it.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

dlonie.6547

Get your raiding ideas in while you can.

dlonie.6547

That last story instance…definitely designed better than I’m used to

Could have used more combat IMO, but things seem to be moving in a good direction. Gives me some hope for raids

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

#fixrampager2014

What, a condi necro has always been usable. Especially in 49.
I played it a few times and there was no noticeable drop in dps… not optimal perhaps, but useable, yes.

Now that I think about it, I don’t even care, I’m NOT buyin an ascended set, and since I have 3 ascended rabid pieces… fk that. Unless I get condi chests from faptals, I’ll keep going with rabid. I play how I want.

What interests me is that they finally thew a bone at their GW1 crowd. I wonder if they’re starting to listen? Should I be hopeful!??!
Despite the achievements being quite buggy, I liked this LS.

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

So, i’m posting a speedrun solo performance for the hardest LS achievement and it gets fixed while my video is uploading? OK.
SC was faster on that one, too bad it was set as a group.

& for the sake of the song

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

By hardest you must mean buggiest and impossible for any class without blinks to glitch past the event trigger point.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

I did that part on my mes last night… no bugs. Was I just lucky?

Oh, so that’s what corpses were for. I killed all trash and then went back and rigged them all. Thought it was to implode the terrain or something…. fml

(edited by frifox.5283)

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Who is this creepy “kareem koko” guy on youtube? He left a comment on one of my videos…

“Purple Miku is scammer , he stealing the people by using illegal programms and his friends help him be carful all i will tag his account names
Enaretos.8079
J Eberle.9312
Tom Yzf.5872
Minigrump.4961?”

It must be somebody that uses the forums but it’s just overly-bizarre for a typical troll. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VogKan2rTg8

^ Comment is on that video

Sweet he moved that name up the list. I told him I needed more notoriety.
My boyfriend will be pleased to know he’s one BAMF next time he logs in.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

That last story instance…definitely designed better than I’m used to

Could have used more combat IMO, but things seem to be moving in a good direction. Gives me some hope for raids

Yeah, better than usual. Just lots of idle time.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

He is a picture of me and mai having a quiet rest and also looking adorable. ^^

Attachments:

hybrid.5027

Based on my group and my own play style, is that a problem? Considering

• There is always a spotter in the group
  • I’m using both nade and bomb kits but I prefer bombs.
  • I feel the stat sits well even if I have to pug 3/5
  • I could go on and on… but,
    Already said it’s a personal preference.

I think it’s a given that if you change the stat, you should have change the build, thus the traits and so on. Both nades and bomb make use of condi damage. Engi has favorable traits for both condi and power builds. The testing ground is just open and I’m not as confident as you to give an affirmation on what will be the meta and what not. At a lesser extent, it can become popular even if it’s not a part of meta, like Phalanx Strength or DF/Fresh Air builds.

If meta is considered to be what makes or breaks a dungeon record, be my guest and prove it.

I don’t have a problem with it at all. I just object to the concept that feelings are being valued greater than facts. The fact is even in organized groups assassins armor and weapons are better on engineers than berserkers, unless you have Spotter. You and your friends always have Spotter that’s great, and you definitely should make gearing choices based on that. But you didn’t say “berserker is better in my group because we always have Spotter” you said “berserker is better in organized groups.” The first statement would be accurate, the second is not. I was curious to see what your rationale was so that’s why I asked, thanks for answering.

As far as sinister goes a condi solo with sinister gear will be for sure better than a rabid condi solo. That is a mathematical identity. It’s equally a mathematical identity that a direct damage engineer will be better in groups than a sinister condi based one.

Wethospu.6437

Frifox noticed that lower levels dungeons (like AC) have attribute caps so it was time to investigate. This only affects attributes from gear and traits. So mix some Assassin pieces if you have when doing AC exp or TA story.

AC story (level 32): No effect.
AC exp (level 35): 2390 attributes -> full berserker about 2.5% damage loss (with 1000 extra power from might, etc.).
CM story (level 42): 2468 attributes -> full berserker about 0.2% damage loss (with 1000 extra power from might, etc.).
CM exp (level 45): No effect.
TA story (level 52): 2343 attributes -> full berserker about 3.8% damage loss (with 1000 extra power from might, etc.).
TA exp (level 56): No effect.
SE story (level 62): No effect.
SE exp (level 65): No effect.
CoF story (level 72): No effect.
CoF exp (level 75): No effect.
HotW story (level 78): No effect.
Rest (level 80): No effect.

I believe this is related to attribute gain change. You get attributes at levels 1, 4, 10, 16, 22, 28, 34, 40, 46, 52, 58, 64, 70, 76, 80. AC exp and TA story are very close to attribute gain levels so naturally at those levels you have bit more attributes than usually.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

in lower level dungeons, the crit chance from stuff like banner of discipline is increased, so mixing in assassin pieces doesnt make alot of sense?

[qT] Quantify

Wethospu.6437

If critical change gets capped too then I guess your only option is condition damage or defensive stats. However that won’t really make any difference then.

NoTrigger.8396

-.-
i just tested it again. in ac banner of discipline gives 14% crit chance. so depending on your build and group comp it will me too much i guess. idk if crit chance gets capped tho.

[qT] Quantify

hybrid.5027

Ferocity mainstat gear, when that becomes a thing.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Or just go kittening berserker and keep all that kitten for record runs.

He is a picture of me and mai having a quiet rest and also looking adorable. ^^

Don’t tell me she likes girls too <.<
God, Jory, why u doin this to me.

Wethospu.6437

-.-
i just tested it again. in ac banner of discipline gives 14% crit chance. so depending on your build and group comp it will me too much i guess. idk if crit chance gets capped tho.

It gets, at 100%.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

-.-

When you cap power you can invest in precision. This way you can reach 100% crit without the disc banner. As soon as you cap both power and prec banners lose their value, meaning there is no reason to take a warrior for a speedrun.

hybrid.5027

How much power is one Might stack at level 35?

NoTrigger.8396

-.-

When you cap power you can invest in precision. This way you can reach 100% crit without the disc banner. As soon as you cap both power and prec banners lose their value, meaning there is no reason to take a warrior for a speedrun.

disci banner also gives you more critical damage in low level dungeons compared to level 80 dungeons. i believe it was 19%.
and strength banner still increases your power?

It gets, at 100%.

i meant attribute cap.

How much power is one Might stack at level 35?

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

Wethospu.6437

Attributes from skills are excluded (at least signets and might works). I didn’t test consumables.

2390 precision is about 70% critical chance. Add base 4.5% and fury 20% and you get to 94.5%.

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Wait so does this mean having a low level player, say AC, in full masterworks would be virtually the same as an exotic level 80?

NoTrigger.8396

nope, because of runes sigils, traits and all of the other stuff

[qT] Quantify

Posted by: Quin Marino.6384

Quin Marino.6384

I’m not sure how your values scale, Wethospu, but I found that the scaled power caps are as follows:
AC: 720
CM:1,020
TA: 1,420
SE: 1,790
CoF: 2260
All of these were explorable, I can test story later.
Also Revealed Training for thieves is affected by this cap. So it’s basically a worthless trait in AC and maybe SE. Food, utility, and bloodlust all can be capped. Banners and empower allies are unaffected. Trying to see if I can reach a cap in Arah now.

Quin Marino.6384

In Arah I was able to get up to 3,454 power with no might or assassin’s signet or banner/EA and it was still under the cap. I can’t get any higher than this without more power infusions and ascended armor. I’m going to go ahead and say that the Arah attribute cap either doesn’t exist or is too high to ever have a practical impact on anyone.

Quin Marino.6384

AC story: 640
CM story: 930
TA story: 1270
SE story: 1660
CoF story: 2110
HotW story: 2400
CoE story: contested -.-’

Wethospu.6437

Thanks for testing, I didn’t pump my power high enough. To recap:

Affected:
- gear
- runes
- trait points
- food
- sigils
- Revealed Training
- Rampage

Not affected:
- boons
- banners
- signets (Might and Assassin)
- Empower Allies

AC story (level 32): 2706 attributes.
AC exp (level 35): 2390 attributes.
CM story (level 42): 2468 attributes.
CM exp (level 45): 2706 attributes.
TA story (level 52): 2343 attributes.
TA exp (level 56): 2619 attributes.
SE story (level 62): 2641 attributes.
SE exp (level 65): 2496 attributes.
CoF story (level 72): 2619 attributes.
CoF exp (level 75): 2805 attributes.
HotW story (level 78): 2674 attributes.
Rest (level 80): No effect.

With ascended gear, proper runes and traits you get about 2500 to your mainstat. So any additional food, trait or sigil may easily get affected.

Could people test profession specific stuff? Just go for example AC and look at the attribute panel. With proper gear you got some stat capped at 720. Then use various ways (utilities or traits) and try to increase it.

Iris Ng.9845

I find this info mindblowing. Big thanks to everyone who contributes to the discussion.

dlonie.6547

Modclose is the new linksville. I’m sad that I missed the exciting conclusion of that pisking* contest.

*Adjust as needed.