Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

3…2…1…FIX!

You’re a wizard, Harry.

General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

So i just spent a few hours Soloing Arah on my Necromancer.

so

much

learning.

The content is not easy it is old, because it is old we know it. Because we know it. it is easier.

Arena Net made a good game. I just wish they would be allowed to work on it.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Well tbf a lot of encounters are trivialised by reflects, projectile blocks and invulns. Necro cant use those blatant exploits so it makes some things a lot more interesting.

But you are right about the content being old. They designed it to be easy enough for the new playerbase back on release and they havent changed it since. So its no wonder its ridiculously easy now.

deSade.9437

Well tbf a lot of encounters are trivialised by reflects, projectile blocks and invulns. Necro cant use those blatant exploits so it makes some things a lot more interesting.

But you are right about the content being old. They designed it to be easy enough for the new playerbase back on release and they havent changed it since. So its no wonder its ridiculously easy now.

WTF are you doing still up. Go to bed NOW! There’s work to do tomorrow

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

3…2…1…FIX!

You’re a wizard, Harry.

poof

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

Are hammer guards actually used in FotM or is it just a thing for LFG runs?

I’m almost done crafting Mjolnir and currently trying to understand what would I even use that thing for.

Defeated by packet loss.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Belka opened on me with pulsing orb and point blank shot effectively pushing me in the orb. Six times in a row. I can’t tell if I’m unlucky or just not learning.

she pretty much always opens up with orb > point blank so you just anticipate it and dodge

also, shameless plug

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

i kittening love NPCs bugging out at the end of paths! yay for ANET! yay for horrible buggy AI! woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

… guess I should have uploaded this to reddit. Romo did. 19 hours ago. (I posted this 23 hours ago) and he’s up voted like nuts.

Sigh. I can’t ever win redditor of the day.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

You must try again, I have confidence that you will be worshipped by minions upvoted by redditors.

:)

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Lilith Ajit.6173

You must try again, I have confidence that you will be worshipped by minions upvoted by redditors.

:)

I’ve only ever been downvoted. Lol

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Lilith Ajit.6173

Interesting survey: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/links/Research-about-MMO-players-and-avatars/first#post4110858

I felt a little uncomfortable with some of the questions. Seemed very weird. But it’s for science I guess.

[ARES]

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Interesting survey: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/links/Research-about-MMO-players-and-avatars/first#post4110858

I felt a little uncomfortable with some of the questions. Seemed very weird. But it’s for science I guess.

I got a few pages in the survey until we got to the “This avatar and I” thingy and I closed the page. I feel more like being interviewed for a mental hospital rather than being questioned as a gamer.

Probably those questions would make much more sense to the RPers out there but for me a big part of them are unrelated to my GW2 experience.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Lilith Ajit.6173

I got a few pages in the survey until we got to the “This avatar and I” thingy and I closed the page. I feel more like being interviewed for a mental hospital rather than being questioned as a gamer.

Probably those questions would make much more sense to the RPers out there but for me a big part of them are unrelated to my GW2 experience.

I agree. I felt the same even as an RPer. But I kept going for science as I said lol

[ARES]

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

Forgot to swap weapons and solo’d Lupicus with sword/horn swap.

Ugh, I am clumsy.

Defeated by packet loss.

Posted by: Anierna.6918

Anierna.6918

Some of those questions…. lol. There were a bunch about how you view your avatar (separate entity or extension of yourself or “you”?) and a few funny ones like “do you daydream about your avatar?” I dunno what she expects to find with this survey… That most gamers are sexually attracted to their avatars? (With 90% of GW2 avatars being human females, we already knew that. lol) That most gamers are hardcore RP’ers? (Even if the survey results indicate this, I’d say there’s some serious self-selection bias – I bet you anything that GW2 players who RP are more likely to take this survey. They’re generally “nicer” than players who don’t RP and instead play for the competition and/or theorycrafting).

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I couldn’t finish it. I don’t view my character as anything but a customizable video game character. It’s no different than playing Link, Mario, or Sonic, except I get to choose play style and graphic options. I don’t refer to the characters by name, nor do I view them as extensions of myself, they’re just “my guard” or “my mesmer”. /shrug.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Well, my main’s RP personality is much like my own, so a few of the questions were relevant (like does this avatar represent a part of yourself) but many more of the questions were weird and odd. Things like, who controls the avatar, do I play the game how my avatar wants it to be played, anything that gave sentience to the avatar threw me for a loop.

[ARES]

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

Breaking news: Are Necromancers viable now? See for yourself:

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

Short answer: no.

Long answer: nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

lulz. Anyone want to summarize what he gets wrong?

Lilith Ajit.6173

lulz. Anyone want to summarize what he gets wrong?

Possibly breathing. I hear that’s difficult.

[ARES]

HHR LostProphet.4801

Well I have to say his point are pretty underpinned. Atleast…

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

DPS isn’t just a number. It should be a graph.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

I think the worst part is that Count Chocula smarmy laugh.

maha.7902

He made a video of himself cleaving three mobs and then used that as his DPS (74,126 damage – 13,236DPS over 5.6s) versus videos of people hitting a single mob.

Cue Nike linking Magecrusher 77,955 damage hundred blades (22,272DPS over 3.5s) – obviously against a single boss GG, nemesis loses.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I don’t rp or take my characters as anything but an interface to playing, so that survey probably was even more weird for me than for you. xD

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

But your war is fashionable. I approve it.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

I now question my sanity

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

deSade.9437

I think the worst part is that Count Chocula smarmy laugh.

I felt so stupid, laughing out loud in front of the screen like a madman, but… I might have a crush on you now. /cough
Adopt me like a stray kitten?

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Uncomfortable is one word for it.
I can’t consider my characters independent, thinking entities, or as myself, but to me it is impossible to play one for hours and not develop any sort of attachment. I spent time and effort on them, so I gotta like them, right?

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

Lilith Ajit.6173

Uncomfortable is a word for it.
I can’t consider my characters independent, thinking entities, or as myself, but to me it is impossible to play one for hours and not develop any sort of attachment. I spent time and effort on them, so I gotta like them, right?

Yeah I feel the same. If someone hacked me and deleted just my main, nothing else, not even her gear, I would be heart broken. But she’s not an entity or sentient or anything like that. Weird.

and desade you’re breaking my heart!

Attachments:

[ARES]

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

I watched the whole thing….

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Lilith Ajit.6173

I watched the whole thing….

:O

Whole what?

[ARES]

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Uncomfortable is one word for it.

That’s a good point, i recently moved, and found a lot of junk that initially I was thinking “man i remember this….” and would be tempted to keep, but I just kept reminding myself “this is a freaking $10 trinket I could buy again if I ever really wanted another one” but there was still that nostalgic connection. Doesn’t mean I thought of that yo-yo as it’s own entity.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

So I just kicked a speechless pug from party for 1g. I feel so bad :’(

Snow Crows [SC]

HHR LostProphet.4801

If you understood the game even remotely as much as the “elitists” around here(and weren’t a complete dracula drone which your tone makes me think you are), you’d not have said this, even under crystal meth.

So tell me where your visceral hatred comes from which is driving you.
Sorry, but people who are throwing insults around aren’t very convincing to me.

(edited by HHR LostProphet.4801)

maha.7902

If you understood the game even remotely as much as the “elitists” around here(and weren’t a complete dracula drone which your tone makes me think you are), you’d haven’t said this, even under crystal meth.

If you’re a BHB and report this/get me infracted, it’ll just confirm it.

Stop trying to farm infractions.

DigitalKirin.9714

I just took it. I can understand why, some of the questions were framed that way, though. You have to consider that her audience is going to be quite broad. Some people might view their characters as totally separate people, and some people might view their characters as themselves, and then there are people in the spectrum inbetween.

Some questions will speak to some people, and other questions will speak to others… and the rest of the questions will just be awkward. :P

maxinion.8396

I just took it. I can understand why, some of the questions were framed that way, though. You have to consider that her audience is going to be quite broad. Some people might view their characters as totally separate people, and some people might view their characters as themselves, and then there are people in the spectrum inbetween.

Some questions will speak to some people, and other questions will speak to others… and the rest of the questions will just be awkward. :P

When I played a different game on an RP-centric world, it was entirely expected that you think of your character as something “outside yourself” with their own desires/emotions/etc. You obviously shape those things, and their personalities, but asking “what would my character do in this situation” was the order of the day, not “what should I do in this situation.” That’s half the fun— you get to react to things in a way you personally never would, and experience the world quite differently than “yourself.”

DigitalKirin.9714

When I played a different game on an RP-centric world, it was entirely expected that you think of your character as something “outside yourself” with their own desires/emotions/etc. You obviously shape those things, and their personalities, but asking “what would my character do in this situation” was the order of the day, not “what should I do in this situation.” That’s half the fun— you get to react to things in a way you personally never would, and experience the world quite differently than “yourself.”

Absolutely one of the greatest joys of tabletop D&D, as well.

maxinion.8396

Absolutely one of the greatest joys of tabletop D&D, as well.

Exactly. This was actually an online implementation of DnD that I was playing

deSade.9437

Yeah I feel the same. If someone hacked me and deleted just my main, nothing else, not even her gear, I would be heart broken. But she’s not an entity or sentient or anything like that. Weird.

?

Lilith Ajit.6173

?

Was kidding. Lol

<3

[ARES]

deSade.9437

?

Was kidding. Lol

<3

<3

Iris Ng.9845

I was screaming ‘F—-!’ to my monitor screen. Some Trading Post angel has decided to respond to my arbitrary (and much desperate) bid the item of my everlasting heartfelt desire. It maybe a sign of something bigger… I don’t know. I’m so much afraid… I never had many tumbling events happen to me like this.

Attachments:

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Lilith Ajit.6173

Yay! How much did you spend? Congrats.

[ARES]

Posted by: Lucas.9157

Lucas.9157

i was away for a bit
so much hapened
boble heads on gem store
lfg stacking
all is vain

Iris Ng.9845

I don’t remember an exact amount, since I only put a bid as a ‘saving’ so that I don’t accidentally spend all my gold. Less than 800g for sure!

deSade.9437

i was away for a bit
so much hapened
boble heads on gem store
lfg stacking
all is vain

And thigns still
oneshot you with no way to dodge or react