General Dungeon Discussion Thread - Part 1

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Cheers, Sil.

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I have to concur with the ele aggro bonus. That class would make ahell of a tank in other games.
Especially if you run dagger+x. You can bet you get aggro. And even with my very limited ele experience I have noticed that.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Oh I just wanted to add that in hobby RPG stuff you’re supposed to do everything in your power to help and improve your team. I’ve had many a party mate in dnd whose alignment dictated that they not care about the party and on more than one occasion they have literally killed the entire party (a member once tapped the ceiling of an underground tunnel with his staff and buried us killing us all and before that attempted to mount a drake 5 levels higher than us to try and tame it and we had to use all of our daily spells to save him).it’s those kinds of situations in RPGs including selfish phiw dungeon players I can’t tolerate. That’s why wipes happen and dnd campaigns end before their time.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

The reason ele gets aggro a lot of times is because of it’s low HP

Silberfisch.3046

Oh I just wanted to add that in hobby RPG stuff you’re supposed to do everything in your power to help and improve your team. I’ve had many a party mate in dnd whose alignment dictated that they not care about the party and on more than one occasion they have literally killed the entire party (a member once tapped the ceiling of an underground tunnel with his staff and buried us killing us all and before that attempted to mount a drake 5 levels higher than us to try and tame it and we had to use all of our daily spells to save him).it’s those kinds of situations in RPGs including selfish phiw dungeon players I can’t tolerate. That’s why wipes happen and dnd campaigns end before their time.

I’ve been playing pen&paper rpgs as a gamemaster and player for over 25 years now. I get where you come from.
I’m a paladin player at heart, always have been – either that or dwarves. But I usually searched for some niche rules/church/belief system that allowed to be a bit more lenient with the “lawful good” alignment. To speak in dnd terms which most here will be more familiar with than other obscure games I’ve played over the years.
Because a character playing that to the fullest will be a dealbraker for many campaigns in terms of options for both players and gamemasters.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Very true. I play in a few campaigns. My current one I’m a bard story teller half elf, the last one a wizard halfling… also for some non standard dnd where I’m a superhero catimorph and another where I’m a fairy mage. I try to switch it up.

But I struggle sticking with my alignment. In RP in GW2 it’s a bit different because we don’t really have random encounters, and I can be whoever I’m playing. But as party leader in my pathfinder campaign if I’m even slightly …not lawful, I get in trouble with the GM. So I find RP harder in normal tabletops.

In dungeons blah blah blah

[ARES]

Silberfisch.3046

The best roleplay adaption ingame I have seen so far in modern MMORPGS still is SWTOR. For all the flaws the game had, the personal story, the story attached to the dungeons and the roleplay options were simply magnificent, since every godkitten quest was a fully voice acted conversation very often with choices for light, dark or neutral. And since in a group they used a diceroll system to decide whose answer would actually be used, it was fun to annoy the holier than thou jedi with my greedy little smuggler who didn’t care one bit about good or bad as long as he got paid.
And it added more flair for the following visits to the dungeon because this time some other answer might be used. That was absolutely great.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

GUYS GUYS Imma buy a dorito as soon as I get out of Arah… who wants to be dom… commanded… by me?

Lilith Ajit.6173

GUYS GUYS Imma buy a dorito as soon as I get out of Arah… who wants to be dom… commanded… by me?

Me! But you’re too busy being cute right here.

Attachments:

[ARES]

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I think you just need a good flogger for that, not a dorito.

Sounds like there might be one in that filthy asura’s closet.

deSade.9437

Me! But you’re too busy being cute right here.

OMG that looks awesome.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Had a Blast Lilith, and you saved our butts on the 2 middle fractals I should have thrown my scepter on for the Duo but I had full faith we’d get the zerker down with melee, but then we stacked in the wrong spot and ahh, either way though we got it down without much trouble and it was a lot of fun. I felt like an idiot dying to the Imbued Shaman’s fly up and stomp thingy, I know better. The Ascalonian one I saw a shiny FGS in melee range so I tried to swoop in and pick it up because I didn’t have my scepter on and it would have made me have some decent range damage, but alas I ate a fireball and eek.

Either way, I’d be happy to play guardian for your mesmer again

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

Guys I just did something incredibly stupid. I got an entire packet of peppermint breath mints and put all the mints into my mouth at once and ate it all.

MY MOUTH FEELS LIKE AN ELE JUST USED FIERY RUSH IN IT

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Inb4 breath mint nerf.

Zelendel

deSade.9437

Guys I just did something incredibly stupid. I got an entire packet of peppermint breath mints and put all the mints into my mouth at once and ate it all.

MY MOUTH FEELS LIKE AN ELE JUST USED FIERY RUSH IN IT

HAHAHAHAhaaaaaaaaa
/dies

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

this is going on https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/About-that-blix-exploit/page/2#post4315505

Dev response is excellent.

this event that has become increasingly toxic (for the community) due to unintended use/change of mechanics.

this event that has become increasingly toxic (for the community)

has become increasingly toxic

increasingly toxic

toxic.

Entire thread is excellent.

As someone else in this topic has pointed out i have the feeling that those ‘’Toxic player’s’’ are the same ppl who QQ for Zerk,fgs,stack,expansion,nerf Teq,lemmesoloWurmcuzlootplsaNET1111.Srs just say thx to those ppl who atm are tanking dow the T6 price and keepin alive a dead map that should have been revamped 1 year ago (Thx C.J you know what im talkin about ).

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

So, found a way to jumping puzzle coe story to the end. Takes about 4 mins solo, or 7 min if i’m lazy and want to spawn the last WP in case people wipe on Kudu.

Posted by: Ariete The Phoenix.8276

Ariete The Phoenix.8276

I think I am going blind… that post. It hurts… now the casulz are QQing about their area.

Also known as Liahm Lee

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

So I just bought my friend this game as a gift since it is on sale. I am going to try my hardest to make sure he does not turn into a kazul

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

So I just bought my friend this game as a gift since it is on sale. I am going to try my hardest to make sure he does not turn into a kazul

Our hopes lie on your shoulders, I’m sure you won’t disappoint :’) <- tears and stuff

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

As GMB pointed it out, this topic (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/About-that-blix-exploit/first) is just the saddest I’ve read lately. People are just mean and lie so devs will kitten more people up.

This is one big load of crap…

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

As GMB pointed it out, this topic (https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/About-that-blix-exploit/first) is just the saddest I’ve read lately. People are just mean and lie so devs will kitten more people up.

This is one big load of crap…

That farm wasn’t good anyway, much faster to farm SE path 1 or AC story for champion boxes. People claiming 30-70 gold an hour are out of their minds. Even 100 boxes an hour isn’t 30 golds on average.

Enaretos.8079

That farm wasn’t good anyway, much faster to farm SE path 1 or AC story for champion boxes. People claiming 30-70 gold an hour are out of their minds. Even 100 boxes an hour isn’t 30 golds on average.

It was good, about 30g/hour. Except that unlike SE you could just jump in and have fun. But white knight kittens prefer seeing it nerfed when they won’t even be doing Jofast…

Also Trice, I farmed it live on sundays and made that 30g/hour, before you start claiming bullkitten :p

My Twitch

Trice.4598

It was good, about 30g/hour. Except that unlike SE you could just jump in and have fun. But white knight kittens prefer seeing it nerfed when they won’t even be doing Jofast…

Also Trice, I farmed it live on sundays and made that 30g/hour, before you start claiming bullkitten :p

Seriously I must be having the worst luck ever with champion boxes, I get t6’s like every 20 boxes and barely any rares/exotics. I get 80 boxes an hour from SE, and that’s hardly 20 golds for me. While Brixx would bring me about 60-70 boxes top, when every went perfect.

Might just be me though, also I agree witht he just jump in, if I don’t have my usual group, SE wouldn’t be worth it.

dlonie.6547

My favorite was the Q_Q at how ANet is taking away another way to “earn” gold.

Standing outside of a circle and watching a timer count down is effort, apparently xD

Trice.4598

Seriously, all it did was bring trolls out, the community wasn’t being toxic, troll were being troll, they will just find something else to troll, because their life are so pathetic that to feel great they have to kitten other people off.

Anyone who trolls on the internet deserve a real good beating IRL.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

Ok.

Trice.4598

Ok.

Well, I have a vague definition of trolls, anyone who makes me rage intentionally, so I guess it’s fair to give them what they want? (to enrage me)

Posted by: Laulajatar.4253

Laulajatar.4253

May I cry a bit about my PUGs? Just a bit? Please?

They never bring cake

I give up. No matter what I write, I always get some <1000 AP guy that has never done this path before. Any better ideas? I tried pink dye, bearbows, cookies and ascended minipets.

It was fun, though. It’s been a while since someone managed to pull Volkov out of the stack and get the whole party tunneled

Attachments:

This is no signature.
Cloud of Sparrows [CoS]

Lilith Ajit.6173

They never bring cake

I give up. No matter what I write, I always get some <1000 AP guy that has never done this path before. Any better ideas? I tried pink dye, bearbows, cookies and ascended minipets.

It was fun, though. It’s been a while since someone managed to pull Volkov out of the stack and get the whole party tunneled

On EU I write “only mentally challenged” (using words banned on the forum lol) and I get some fun goof balls who read my description and find it funny enough to join

[ARES]

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Ok.

ol uncle colesy gon b giving u a guuuuuud beating gurl

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

dlonie.6547

hugs That’s what we’re here for.

brofist

Lilith Ajit.6173

Ok.

ol uncle colesy gon b giving u a guuuuuud beating gurl

Colesy! What are you getting your commission of?

[ARES]

Posted by: Laulajatar.4253

Laulajatar.4253

You get people that read your description
I thought that was impossible.

I should write “only illiterate people that can’t find the group chat”, then I might get what I’m looking for

Aww, thanks. A bit whining from time to time might help me keep my sanity.

This is no signature.
Cloud of Sparrows [CoS]

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

I did your run for 3 hours straight and as I said I got about 13 gold per hour.

Snow Crows [SC]

Enaretos.8079

Diminishing returns + bad tagging ?

My Twitch

Lilith Ajit.6173

[ARES]

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Diminishing returns + bad tagging ?

None. Time spent waiting was not accounted.

Snow Crows [SC]

deSade.9437

They never bring cake

On EU I write “only mentally challenged” (using words banned on the forum lol) and I get some fun goof balls who read my description and find it funny enough to join

There is hope in this community. Not everyone is a humourless tryhard.

Attachments:

Silberfisch.3046

Sooo, that particular path 2 can only be joined by norn females?

Lilith Ajit.6173

My human mesmer has norn boobs in her trickster coat. Lol

[ARES]

Silberfisch.3046

Lilith, you’re a girl, please explain to me how something encased in plates of solid metal still bounces.
Makes me question the quality of the metal somehow. Or my knowledge about physics.

deSade.9437

Lilith, you’re a girl, please explain to me how something encased in plates of solid metal still bounces.
Makes me question the quality of the metal somehow. Or my knowledge about physics.

I also want to know.
When… how.. do they bounce? Can you give us direct evidence to support your claims?
:3 Jk jk.
Yo, dinosaur, sorry for logging off like that but I was dying of tiredness and boredom. Seems like I can’t log back into the game now, weird bugs everywhere and huge lag. Anyone else?

Lilith Ajit.6173

It’s a soft metal. And softer boobies. Of course when you run your boobs with wobble and bounce within a metal plate. If you don’t want bouncing and prefer comfort as a female, you use tight sports bras in order to stop movement.

Unfortunately for us busty women… they don’t make tight enough sports bras.

[ARES]

Silberfisch.3046

I also want to know.
When… how.. do they bounce? Can you give us direct evidence to support your claims?
:3 Jk jk.
Yo, dinosaur, sorry for logging off like that but I was dying of tiredness and boredom. Seems like I can’t log back into the game now, weird bugs everywhere and huge lag. Anyone else?

No problem, youngster. I was having trouble with the TP and after the 5th restart I gave up and went to sleep as well. I’m currently not trying to log into the game, because RL and stuff, but the forum and the whole gw2 domain was giving me trouble. Seems to have subsided now however.

deSade.9437

I’ll try again in 20 mins or so… I think I’ll read some casuals complaining about pvp rewards, wvw doritos and LS being too hard in the meantime.

dlonie.6547

NCSoft got DDoS’d last night, and it looks like they were still having some problems off and on this morning.

Wildstar server status page is a good indicator for GW2, too.

dlonie.6547

I actually had to rewrite my Lupi/stacking post because of the DDoS. The first copy got lost when I submitted it after the attack started Q_Q

deSade.9437

Awwww. /pat
It was worth it, man.

deSade.9437

Hmmmm annoying…
/grumble