Give us new dungeons already

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Anet PLS

And also if you can add new PvP modes and something new for WvW. Living Story cool but it doesn’t keep people playing the game and tbh it kinda a bad contents with no depths whatsoever, just zerg fest

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

14 fractals + aetherblade.
there were also those LS dungeons, but I agree that those shouldn’t count.
more would be good, but we haven’t exactly received none.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

There isn’t an active dungeon team anymore. It was dissolved and the people moved to different areas, as far as I know when Robert (the head dungeon guy) left the company early last year.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I wouldn’t call Glint’s lair a zerg fest. That was a pretty sweet dungeon we got last week.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I wouldn’t call Glint’s lair a zerg fest. That was a pretty sweet dungeon we got last week.

It could have been a dungeon if it were scaled for 5 people to take on and involved a bit more actual combat.

it was a fun little gimmicky solo area though.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Well, PVP update next patch, maybe WvW and Dungeon update coming soon after it?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

This thread isn’t referring to instanced content as dungeons, this is referring to your typical 5-man dungeons with story mode and explorable paths, like Twilight Arbor or Sorrow’s Embrace. And, as has already been pointed out, there are no plans for developing more dungeons of this type, given that the team was disbanded.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

This thread isn’t referring to instanced content as dungeons, this is referring to your typical 5-man dungeons with story mode and explorable paths, like Twilight Arbor or Sorrow’s Embrace. And, as has already been pointed out, there are no plans for developing more dungeons of this type, given that the team was disbanded.

Hmm, I ran the Glint dungeon with a 5 man group, it was awesome. First we did the Story mode and then we did the achievement mode

Seems the line gets a bit blurry on instanced content. I see players that solo old dungeons and players forming groups for the new LS dungeons. We had the Battle on the Breachmaker raid which was what? A 25 man dungeon? That’s all a raid is isn’kitten A glorified dungeon?

You’re the 2nd person in this thread to say the dungeon team was disbanded yet we are getting all these dungeon instances, do you have a source?

maddoctor.2738

You’re the 2nd person in this thread to say the dungeon team was disbanded yet we are getting all these dungeon instances, do you have a source?

The dungeon team wasn’t disbanded, the lead dungeon developer left Anet. And he left before the Aetherblade Retreat dungeon was created so many moons ago. So, since then we got some new dungeons.

Posted by: Claridiana.5230

Claridiana.5230

To OP: No.

I dont play dungeons anyway if i can avoid it, so i would rather see the effort going into other things. A good LS is imho the best possible end-game.

Lillizypp – Asura Mesmer
[Soul] – Ring of Fire

Posted by: Azhure.1857

Azhure.1857

I would like to see more dungeons with new maps.

Isle of Janthir Megaserver

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

+1 agreed.

LS is not enough. You do it once then what?

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I don’t want new dungeons.What i want is revamping and tweeking the current dungeons.A lot of things have to be redesighned from mechanis,drops and Final reward.I will give a few examples:

• Reintroduce redesigned TA:F/U
  • Revamp TA:A(rewards plus some mechanics and cinematics)
  • Revamp SE P2(final reward and lenght of the path)
  • Revamp the swamp in FotM.It is just to short compared to the rest of the fractals
  • Fix Arah exploits…
TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

I’m gonna quote some other posts from another thread that address some of the points in this one, since I think we did a decent job hashing this out earlier. Might save some time and jumpstart the conversation here ;-)

14 fractals + aetherblade.

Can’t say it better than rfdarko:

It’s incorrect to say there have been no new dungeons since launch. And when you argue from a hyperbole, people are going to focus on that and tear it apart. So let’s stick to facts.

About 2 months after gw2’s launch, fractals of the mists were added. Whether or not you want to call it a dungeon, it fills the roll of challenging instanced 5 man content with unique skin rewards. This was an excellent addition, and made me incredibly excited about the direction endgame pve was headed.

Then the living story began. Over the course of 2013, 3 new dungeon paths were added. 2 were temporary, but they were cannibalized into fractal shards. Most of the dungeon content added during that year still exists.

Towards the end of the year, however, there were a number of decisions that soured the dungeon community. The biggest disappointment arguably was the fractured patch, which did not open up any higher tiers and reset personal level progression. Despite this, hard core groups rushed to the new 50 to compete for spots on the announced fractal leaderboard. This leaderboard still does not exist. The mistlock instabilities, which were touted as the reason for the overhaul, proved to be an annoyance at best and progress preventing at worse when certain instabilities and shards were combined. Few if any instabilities provided interesting, tatics changing challenges.

The second blow was the aetherpath, which promised to be permanent, but also replaced an existing dungeon path. We found out that forward-up would be deleted less then 24 hours before the patch went live, from a tangential remark in a dev post on a minor sub forum. This really soured the reception of the new path, which combined with some other problematic design decisions (I have a post about here) has made it one of the least popular dungeons paths.

Fast forward to 2014, through the conclusion of season one and the first chapter of season 2. So far, we have seen no new dungeon content. In a recent interview from a developer, we also learned that there are no new paths currently in the pipeline.

What we have here is a decline in focus on 5-man content, and seemingly a loss in connection with the desires of the dungeon community. We went from the promissing addition of fractals a mere 2 months into the games launch, to 2 good but temporary new dungeon paths, to 2 controversial reworks of existing content, to a 9 month dry spell with nothing to look forward to.

This post was a lot longer then I originally intended, but I don’t want the legitimate frustrations of dedicated pve players to be lost in exaggeration and hyperbole. Dungeon runners aren’t leaving for no reason, the trend is there and this past year has been a huge disappointment.

And Glint’s Lair?

What do most of the dungeoneers mean when they say “new dungeon?” Well…

They mean dungeons like TA, AC, Arah…let’s call them “dungeon systems” since after all, they consist of multiple paths.

A new:

• Location on a map that possibly ties in with lore and has an interesting representation of the style of the map.
  • Consistently themed collection of a story path and 3-4 explorable paths featuring multiple boss encounters.
  • A reward system consistent with the other “dungeon systems” (non-RNG, tokens + gold)
  • New armors and weapon skins unlockable through tokens.

I’ve heard it frequently said that people would be happiest with one new Arah-style dungeon system per year. Whether or not every detail of this wish is feasible, it gives a feel for what type of new content they are looking for.

These are the dungeons that players of this game refer to when they just say “dungeons”. ACp1 is not considered a separate dungeon from ACp2, they are considered to be two paths of the same dungeon. Similarly, FotM shards are not viewed as individual dungeons in colloquial usage of the term; they are one-quarter of a fractal run, which is on par with a single dungeon path.

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

Well, PVP update next patch, maybe WvW and Dungeon update coming soon after it?

They said the PvP update will not hinder other updates or something like that, so it shouldn’t be a stand-alone update.

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

And if they do add dungeons, it must come with all the other dungeon related goods:

- Multiple paths

- Does not fall to the errors of the previous dungeons, such as many of the stacking/LoSing/skips that were removed from several of the dungeons… I mean, not that they exist today…

-Has their own GIFT, meaning new legendaries… but seriously, new legendaries tied to a new dungeon = definite must for many. This could be skipped, but you know…

-Has their own SKINS, for both weapons and armor. A must.

-Has their own achievements. Expected.

Aetherblades kind of doesn’t count, because it was a dungeon path of an existing dungeon.

Posted by: TimTimTimma.6395

TimTimTimma.6395

Anet elluded to achievements, in nature of what is required to achieve them, being sort of dungeon like in an interview a few months back. I lost all hope for new meaningful content then.

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

I dont play dungeons anyway if i can avoid it, so i would rather see the effort going into other things. A good LS is imho the best possible end-game.

Selfish much?

I rarely play WvW and only dabble in sPvP but I fully support those game modes being expanded and given love. I support a diverse and healthy game catering to many sorts of people.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Selfish much?

I rarely play WvW and only dabble in sPvP but I fully support those game modes being expanded and given love. I support a diverse and healthy game catering to many sorts of people.

+1

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Anet is not currently working on any dungeons content and has no plans to develop dungeons further.

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I would love to see new and more dungeons with new armor and weapons, and of course new maps!!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Goose.5196

Goose.5196

Just uninstall. That’s what I did. After they explicitly said that they will not be making any new dungeons because the Twilight Arbor path they did was too hard, I left. It will be hard leaving at first because you will feel like you have invested so much time and effort into this game. Of course, with that time and effort, you feel like you owe ANet a request to win you back before you make the leave. But, you should just cut the cord. Personally, I may come back if they actually add a dungeon.

Everyday you log on, the more you show them that they do not need to make a dungeon. They base their conclusions about customer satisfaction on who logs on and how often. While it may just be you trying to keep your character up to date for the eventual release of dungeons, it looks like you are having the time of your life. Logging in will perpetuate the lack of dungeons.

I don’t want more things to get, I want more things to do.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Introduce a reward for compleate LS instances with 5-players and there we have dungeons! I agree with Karizee.8076.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Before they add any new dungeons, they should fix first and redesign the old ones.
Dungeons are designed as GROUP CONTENT.

So the first thing that ANet should fix, unless they are intenting to implement one day also Solo Dungeons in Zelda-Style with also the currently existing Dungeons is to redesign all the current Dungeons so, that you can’t complete them solo or duo.

This would finally give this antisocial Dungeon Selling the Rest and people would finally play all dungeons again, as inteted – as a freaking GROUP!!!
So each Dungeon Path in Exploration Mode should provide various multiple mechanics, that no player should be able to do Solo.
Mechanics, Puzzles and so on, that require a full group of 5 People. Each Dungeon Path needs this, as its the only way that effectively stops people from dungeon selling.
DS harms very much the game more, than alot of people seem to think.
Its the reason number one, why people can get together way too fast too much gold in short time, so that such players can heavily influence the game economy with all the very fast gained gold they can make through dungeon selling.
They are like locusts, that gather together very fast gold from other players which pay them to become quickly rich with that method, and with all that fast gained gold, they buy mostly Gems what drives the Gem/Gold Conversion Rate quickly more and more as without DS the individual player wouldn’t be able to gain so incredible fast lots of Gold. There are people wanting for example 30G payed for sellign the Aetherpath.
That would be for the seller basically instantly 120 gold, if he sells the path to 4 other players, or if its made duo, then say for exampel still 60 Gold.
For that money you would have to do a normal dungeon run that gives its 1,25G at the end like 48-96 times!!

So its no rocket science, why people choose to exploit that situation under their cheesy charity excuse of helping other lazy players getting easier tokens, when DS is far more profitable, than playing the dungeon by their intended GROUP PLAY DESIGN.
By the way thats also not the intention for what the LFG tool has been made for, to abuse it as DS platform then …

ANet should also redesign alot of the super borign Dungeon Bosses that are nothing else than huge damage sponges that always do only the same thing and can be stacking killed, or even worse, requires stackign to be able to kill them at all without constant deaths of players due to alot of annoying one hit k.o. attacks from them.

Also every dungeon path should feel completely different, without beign partwise the same like Path X or Y, should provide completely different enemies also, have different puzzles and mechanics to solve, unlike arah, that feels like a cheap copy and paste dungeon with always Giganticus Lupicus annoying peopel half on the way.
Wouldn’t it be nice, if each path would have at that spot something totally different as boss, than always doign the same thing???

Once all this has been done, then I’d be glad to see more new dungeons, preferable all those left behind from GW1.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

maddoctor.2738

So the first thing that ANet should fix, unless they are intenting to implement one day also Solo Dungeons in Zelda-Style with also the currently existing Dungeons is to redesign all the current Dungeons so, that you can’t complete them solo or duo.

That wouldn’t defeat dungeon selling. Players could play the dungeon with 3 or 4 or even 5 people, then agree who to “kick” to sell the spots, then split the profits. Because sometimes it’s more profitable to forget the final reward and split the selling profits…. And if it’s not, the sellers will simply increase the path sell price, like that 30g for Aetherpath you said. 30g split between 5 players is 6g each, the final reward is not worth 6g.

Orpheal.8263

This could be easily solved with removing the option to kick people, once you’ve started the dungeon. This would lead also to the point, that you would actually start a dungeon only with really active players.

Players would be then only removeable out of the group, if

1) Player X is is inactive for longer than xx Minutes
2) Player X gets reported from all the other Players for Griefing/Insulting/Leeching whatever and a GM in background manually removes that Player then from the Group
3) Player X lies just dead around and doesn’t get rezzed after xx Minutes
4) Player X gets a disconnect and doesn’t come back after xx Minutes

People demand from begin on, that anet should make changes to the Kick System of GW2. The best and easiest solution to this would be to simpyl remove completely the Kick Option, once you start a Dungeon by choosing your Path to go….
So players still have a chance to make changes before, but once the Group has chosen their Path, then there would be no Kick Option anymore and you either have to complete the Dungeon with whom you got, or you have to completely redo the Dungeon, leave it and restart from begin on.

Also another security option that could be easily implementecto let people hesitate on forcefully manipulating Kicks would be, if more than 1 player gets “automatically” kicked from the Game, or removed by Gm, then the Group also has automatically to restart the whole Dungeon.

People need finally to think twice good about what they do, when they do something and that their actions will lead also to consequences to warrant, that the group plays the content, as like intended by its game design and doesn’t do anything bad, that could circumvent this!

People should be so mature enough in this game, that if a situation becomes too toxic, that they just leave the group by themself and don’t klet thigns so escalate, that peopel feel needed to manually kick someone.
There is no need for a Kick Option, for what does really exist anyway the Report Function???
Giving the power to the hands of the players to kick everybody whenever they want with just only a few clicks needed was never ever a good decision by Anet!
But thats an other topic.

So if you can’t kick anymore just people once you’ve started a game (also not through login out!!/disconnects ect.), then you will automatically finish the dungeons as a group like intended by the Dev’s game design, what will automatically lead again to the situation, that alot more people will play actually the dungeons and not only sell it for their own greedy profits.

That the final rewards aren’t worth it doing the dungeons as intended is one of the big reasons, why this ill dungeon selling exists at all.
But thats not the problem for the players, that want to pay dngeons with others as intended.
Thats an overall problem of the Game and the Devs, that needs to get fixed.
If the final rewards for playing a Dungeon as intended would be far more worthful, than to sell Dungeons Solo, no one would, because playing a dungeon as intended goes faster and makes more fun, than doing it solo.

If the game would recognize, how many players have participated from begin on the dungeon and have helped beatign it in the end also, then such a system could be used to boost up everyones individual final reward at the end of the dungeon by the factor of players which have played with you together the whole dungeon from completely its begin to its end reward chest!

P2 follows due to Word Limit

Orpheal.8263

Part 2:

Example:

Do a Dungeon solo completely from begin to its end, End reward Chest has normal Gold Reward
Doing a Dungeon with more people, will increase the Final Gold Reward by 50% for each player the final chest reward gold and token rewards based on if, that the additional players also where with you from begin on and beat the dungeon also with you. Kick 1 and it lowers the rewards for all

OS this means for example for a Standard 1,25 Gold Dungeon Run:

Solo = 1,25Gold
Duo = 2 Gold
Trio = 3 Gold
Quatet = 4,5 Gold
Quintet = 6,75 Gold

6,75 Gold instead of lousy 1,25 Gold would feel much more rewarding, if you complete the dungeon from begin to its end as a full same group.

Now to the math example for Aether Path:

Solo: 2,25 Gold
Duo: 3,38 Gold
Trio: 5,07 Gold
Quartet: 7,61 Gold
Quintet: 11,42 Gold

So if you get at the End of Eather Path 11,42 Gold, this would also feel far more rewarding, than just measly 2,25 Gold, and this just for completing it with a full group of 5 players from begin to its end.
The same mechanic could be used then for the Token Rewards. 50% Tokens more from the End Chest per every player, that does with you successfully the Dungeon from begin to its end.

Solo: 60 Tokens
Duo: 90 Tokens
Trio: 135 Tokens
Quartet: 203 Tokens
Quintet: 305 Tokens

Sure, maybe with this change Anet would maybe have to increase a bit the Token Prices, but under this scenario you would be able to unlock per Dungeon Run at least 1 Skin and it would reduce the grind fro those Skins massively and make additionally Dungeons more rewarding for those, that have already unlocked all skinsn and would make use of those Tokens for some cheap Rares or Exos for Alts or to throw the stuff into the Mystic Forge or to salvage it for profitable Ectos and needed Dark Materia for Ascended Items.

Posted by: Kaldrys.1978

Kaldrys.1978

Before they add any new dungeons, they should fix first and redesign the old ones.
Dungeons are designed as GROUP CONTENT.

There’s nothing wrong with non-exploited dungeon selling. People who solo/duo dungeons such as Arah often spend many hours practicing the encounters and get the most out of their class in order to do so. Many people solo for the challenge as well as to improve their understanding of the class being used to solo. Since their is a market for certain dungeon paths, some people opt to sell their paths as a way to receive compensation for time invested. Both parties benefit and nobody cares except for the bystanders who like to impose their view of how the game should be played on everyone else.

Solo = 1,25Gold
Duo = 2 Gold
Trio = 3 Gold
Quatet = 4,5 Gold
Quintet = 6,75 Gold

I like this idea but I would adjust it so that the pool of gold is 6.75 and that ends up being divided by however many players are in the dungeon. So a solo player would get 6.75g and wouldn’t have to deal with the hassle of selling to be rewarded for their efforts. Or if you have 4 ppl but don’t want to LFG you opt to underman the dungeon and each get rewarded 4.5g.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I really liked the new LS story bosses. A lot of movement needed, clear telegraphs and distinct mechanics, something which the old dungeons sorely lacks.

maddoctor.2738

I like this idea but I would adjust it so that the pool of gold is 6.75 and that ends up being divided by however many players are in the dungeon. So a solo player would get 6.75g and wouldn’t have to deal with the hassle of selling to be rewarded for their efforts. Or if you have 4 ppl but don’t want to LFG you opt to underman the dungeon and each get rewarded 4.5g.

Wouldn’t that make the sellers require even more gold to sell the path though?

Posted by: Kaldrys.1978

Kaldrys.1978

Wouldn’t that make the sellers require even more gold to sell the path though?

My point is that I would prefer not to have to deal with selling at all and just have Anet reward people who opt for a bit more of a challenge by going in with fewer people be that solo or 4man or whatever. Like a very rudimentary gambit system if you remember the gambits from the Queen’s Gauntlet.

Oh actually my math is all wrong there so something like this:

Say the pool of gold is 10g

solo= 10g
duo= 5g each
3man= 3.33g each
4man= 2.5g each
5man= 2g each

(edited by Kaldrys.1978)

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Let me say I 100% want new dungeons, new game modes for sPvP, and whatever WvW players want.

The thing is, they DID add dungeons in living story 1 and were probably surprised that not many people enjoyed them or did them. What’s sad is most GW2 players I see want easy, casual content rather than challenging. That is why we get easy mode living story instances that my mother could do on her first try. (Believe me, my mother is awful at games)

It’s wishful thinking and as they say you can wish in one hand and **** in the other, guess which will fill up first?

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

My point is that I would prefer not to have to deal with selling at all and just have Anet reward people who opt for a bit more of a challenge by going in with fewer people be that solo or 4man or whatever. Like a very rudimentary gambit system if you remember the gambits from the Queen’s Gauntlet.

I prefer anet just make 5 man dungeon require 5 man. Anet wont’ have to deal with this kind of things if 5 man dungeon can’t be soloed.

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

There is no dungeon team, so not sure who would build them.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

There is no dungeon team, so not sure who would build them.

There have been dungeons after said team was added to the Living Story teams.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: luzt.7692

luzt.7692

That’s like saying, we will never live on the moon because there is nobody living now.

Eitherway with that gold pool idea I see a flaw and that is 2 players kicking everyone for extra gold.

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

Dungeons able to be solo’d is a good thing, especially challenging ones. Because this means that despite how difficult the dungeon is, it is possible to carry bad players easily even if they are face planted on the floor constantly.

Path selling is also fine because people who have the skill and the patience to master a dungeon should be rewarded.

The only people that goes against path selling or dungeon soloing are either jelly haters and/or people that think their way of playing should be the only way (aka the selfish people).

Posted by: Butter.3024

Butter.3024

Idc just add new dungeons, GW2 has gone stale after 2 years of doing the same Dungeons over and over again

“New is always better” , Barney

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

They’ve already stated that they have zero plans for creating more dungeons.

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

This could be easily solved with removing the option to kick people, once you’ve started the dungeon. This would lead also to the point, that you would actually start a dungeon only with really active players.

Players would be then only removeable out of the group, if

1) Player X is is inactive for longer than xx Minutes
2) Player X gets reported from all the other Players for Griefing/Insulting/Leeching whatever and a GM in background manually removes that Player then from the Group
3) Player X lies just dead around and doesn’t get rezzed after xx Minutes
4) Player X gets a disconnect and doesn’t come back after xx Minutes

Also another security option that could be easily implementecto let people hesitate on forcefully manipulating Kicks would be, if more than 1 player gets “automatically” kicked from the Game, or removed by Gm, then the Group also has automatically to restart the whole Dungeon.

People need finally to think twice good about what they do, when they do something and that their actions will lead also to consequences to warrant, that the group plays the content, as like intended by its game design and doesn’t do anything bad, that could circumvent this!

No. The option to kick people is here for a reason, mostly the fact that a nice a this community may be, when you are partied up with people creating issues/being liabilities, you gotta be able to get rid of them.

Your idea is bad because :
1) Easily avoidable through pro PvP afk anti-dc tactics.
2) As if GMs really came. I’ve reported countless times but didn’t see any actions until I became a PvF hero.
3) What if a newb stays in combat for 10 billion years ? #truestory
4) Way to go when you know about the server issues :/

And kicking the whole party if you kick players ? Got other brilliant ideas ? Real situation with your idea: two people go afk, you kick them and you lose everything. That’s just stupid…

By the way are you a dev or something ? Because you seem to know what’s intended, and maybe you could tell me ? After all I’m just a player who tried stuff :/

So if you can’t kick anymore just people once you’ve started a game (also not through login out!!/disconnects ect.), then you will automatically finish the dungeons as a group like intended by the Dev’s game design, what will automatically lead again to the situation, that alot more people will play actually the dungeons and not only sell it for their own greedy profits.

That the final rewards aren’t worth it doing the dungeons as intended is one of the big reasons, why this ill dungeon selling exists at all.
But thats not the problem for the players, that want to pay dngeons with others as intended.
Thats an overall problem of the Game and the Devs, that needs to get fixed.
If the final rewards for playing a Dungeon as intended would be far more worthful, than to sell Dungeons Solo, no one would, because playing a dungeon as intended goes faster and makes more fun, than doing it solo.

So dungeons as a group I what was intended by devs… Why can I enter the instance alone then ? Am I exploiting ? Is what I’m doing wrong ? Have I committed a sin, father !? And I’m doing “ill dungeon selling” on a daily basis, does that make me a disease for the game ?

Playing a dungeon as intended = pugging with bads you can’t kick for you. I can solo faster than this. And soloing is funnier than puking at pugs. Who are you to say my way of playing isn’t fun huh ?

Now to the math example for Aether Path:

Solo: 2,25 Gold
Duo: 3,38 Gold
Trio: 5,07 Gold
Quartet: 7,61 Gold
Quintet: 11,42 Gold

Solo: 60 Tokens
Duo: 90 Tokens
Trio: 135 Tokens
Quartet: 203 Tokens
Quintet: 305 Tokens

That’s bad. And people already told you why.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

This is why the LS1 content should have been permanent. If it had, we’d have 3 new dungeons by now:

1. Molten Facility
2. Aetherblade Retreat
3. TA Aetherpath should have been split off into its own separate instance, and the original TA left alone.

Tower of Nightmares also has potential to become a dungeon with a bit of reworking, but I think it’s more likely it will come back as a Guild Challenge/Puzzle.

Posted by: jokke.6239

jokke.6239

I agree, LS is nice and all and free. But would much rather have they added dungeons to the game.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I was so hyped for a mordrem dungeon when season 2 started. I appreciate them telling us that they werent working on anything. I probably would of felt worse getting through the whole season expecting a dungeon at the end only to be disappointed.

Goose.5196

I was so hyped for a mordrem dungeon when season 2 started. I appreciate them telling us that they werent working on anything. I probably would of felt worse getting through the whole season expecting a dungeon at the end only to be disappointed.

That is the first time I have seen someone grateful for lack of content.

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

It’s just being grateful for them informing us of a lack of content. I’m in the same boat: I would rather not have any hope for new content than have my hopes be constantly disappointed.

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

dlonie.6547

Not grateful for a lack of content, grateful for transparency. We were strung along for over a year thinking there’d be a new one, so some of us are glad they finally just killed our hopes instead of leaving them to languish.

Sad, eh?

Goose.5196

Not grateful for a lack of content, grateful for transparency. We were strung along for over a year thinking there’d be a new one, so some of us are glad they finally just killed our hopes instead of leaving them to languish.

Sad, eh?

From the interview, it seemed almost accidental that they let it slip. I wish it was voluntary transparency this one time.

dlonie.6547

nods Nice sig, btw.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I appreciate the message. It’s not like I’m going to sit here and badmouth GW2 because of them saying there won’t be any dungeons. No that was a good thing even if it was a slip up. Send out an Email next time dungeons/fractals are updated, or even SAB is reinstated and I’ll be poking my head back in. It’s sad that the game play I enjoy isn’t supported, but that can change, I’ll just sit it out till it is, not really a problem, I have plenty of things to do instead of playing this game.

dlonie.6547

Thedas is lovely this time of year.