Guild Raid Testing

Guild Raid Testing

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

I thought it was obvious that by accepting early access in order to help make the raids better, they were relinquishing any rights to claim world first? Did I miss something?

- BG -

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: BellaBoo.3592

BellaBoo.3592

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

without ensuring that those reading their comments were fully aware of the fact that they had been given early access.

I was under the assumption that DnT is not allowed to identify themselves as raid testers, as stated in the NDA.

you assumed wrong LOL,

my guess is once the first raid wing went live you could totally say that you tested the first raid wing…you just can’t say that you are testing the other raid wings yet

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: lolitsage.2185

lolitsage.2185

LOL GREAT, what a laugh

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: anasummers.8493

anasummers.8493

Hope they don’t get all that salt in their wound. #gitrekt

I just do things.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Nyspar.6103

Nyspar.6103

without ensuring that those reading their comments were fully aware of the fact that they had been given early access.

I was under the assumption that DnT is not allowed to identify themselves as raid testers, as stated in the NDA.

you assumed wrong LOL,

my guess is once the first raid wing went live you could totally say that you tested the first raid wing…you just can’t say that you are testing the other raid wings yet

NDA’s dont end as soon as the content goes live, they are forever

[DnT] TargNyspar
Targaryen / Nymaria / Dwagonfire / Dwagonhunter

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Tannin.1920

Tannin.1920

Elitism that exists even in the company’s relationship with the players, how sad. Very sad it equal direct ArenaNet, you are a big company, hire professionals and not favor players who paid the same amount I for the game.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Hagger.6854

Hagger.6854

So since we know who didnt kill any bosses first, since the kills they made won’t count for another few weeks when the live community has caught up, who killed vale guardians first?

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Opt.3714

Opt.3714

Thank you for the swift and public response to DnT’s nonsense!

http://opt.red/about Twitter: http://twitter.com/Opt__
Co-Leader, I Can Outtweet A Centaur! [TWIT] #twitguild
IGN: Optimus Maleficus

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Thull.2736

Thull.2736

freaking rekt 4Head

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Melanion.4892

Melanion.4892

We all knew DnT was beta testing. The reddit post essentially said “We beta tested, this is not world first, but we’re done”

Idk who was complaining

Claude – Pink Fairy Mesmer

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: tluv.5821

tluv.5821

you assumed wrong LOL,

Didn’t they pubically announce DnT and ATT would be doing Raid Testing? I’m pretty sure. In fact 100% sure as the entire community knew. However, they never said which specific members where in.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians
Formerly [QT] Questionable Tactics

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

Too late now, but this seems like an ill way to conduct this. Just encourages people to mock and jeer at each other.

I think it would have been best to mention this to leadership in private, let them know why, and pick other testers down the road.

[EG] is recruiting!

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Wait, is this all because of a hashtag?

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Sputti.8214

Sputti.8214

you assumed wrong LOL,

Didn’t they pubically announce DnT and ATT would be doing Raid Testing? I’m pretty sure. In fact 100% sure as the entire community knew. However, they never said which specific members where in.

This post?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Guild-Raid-Testing

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

We all knew DnT was beta testing. The reddit post essentially said “We beta tested, this is not world first, but we’re done”

Idk who was complaining

Even so, it was still pretty unprofessional. There has to be a set of standards for any sort of partners program for testing.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I feel this was deserved. They claimed to be #First at killing one of the bosses and then claimed you can do the raid in 15 minutes without any context to explain that they had access for like a month. I feel that Anet took the right approach here as this could have been damaging to how the raids would be perceived by those not in the loop about DnT’s involvement. On top of that they boasted about getting their title and selling loot they got for 900g. Stay classy DnT…

And before they remove it here are three pictures of their tweets and their official websites main banner:

Attachments:

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: GragorR.9768

GragorR.9768

Wait, so all they did was say ‘’boom, we’re done, not claiming world first btw’’
It was already public knowledge that they were testing it… why is this a big deal?

Edit: Ahh, i see the hashtag up there ^, yea that might have been a bit misleading.

- BG -

(edited by GragorR.9768)

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

I thought it was obvious that by accepting early access in order to help make the raids better, they were relinquishing any rights to claim world first? Did I miss something?

They did get world first. Probably not the one they wanted though.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Predator.9214

Predator.9214

Does anyone mind posting the reasoning behind this?

I mean, besides the usuall disrespectful attitude from SOME members from the forementioned guild, towards the community.

Mistwarden Lara (Herald)
Assassin Stef (Daredevil)
Snow Crows (SC) | Seafarer’s Rest

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Absurdo.8309

Absurdo.8309

I’m not sure I understand. Didn’t ANET announce they were testing? Didn’t the reddit post say they were not claiming world’s first?

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Grim.3487

Grim.3487

Upon public release of our first raid wing today, DnT decided to go against the spirit of our relationship by promoting the speed with which they completed the raid wing without ensuring that those reading their comments were fully aware of the fact that they had been given early access.

I’m sorry, but did I just read that arena net is salty, because DnT showed the community that they could finish the raid quickly?

This is hilarious, both the fact that this is a problem at all, and specifically if you did not want someone to finish the raid quickly, why would you not change the design, to make that harder or impossible?

I’m not sure what I will make of this official statement, but truth be told it makes it seem like the issue here is arena nets design process and not a fault of DnT.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Fade.1743

Fade.1743

Because they most likely signed something agreeing that they would fully disclose that they had unlimited access to the content.

Disclosure is ALWAYS important. Ask many youtubers. It’s not that DnT beat it first. It’s that they didn’t disclose that they already had access to the content and already tailored builds to it.

Magichemist Zeke – Asura Elementalist [TC]
An Insane(ly Intelligent) Genius!
“Did you just tell me the rules? Never tell me the rules!”

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: FXLEACH.9436

FXLEACH.9436

Thank you Anet for clarifying this. DnT, as a whole, need to be more humble.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

you assumed wrong LOL,

NDA means testers don’t disclose the content before it goes alive.

DnT and another guild have been publicly announced to be beta testers already. It is a fact not something that is not disclosed.

So DnT’s problem is not going against NDA. It is because they are raising an unhealthy atmosphere by bragging about speed clearing w/o noting the fact that they had a lot of chance for practise for the past month.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: VladVonCarstein.5938

VladVonCarstein.5938

Stay classy, [DnT]

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: IllegalChocolate.6938

IllegalChocolate.6938

I would like to post this as a reminder to DnT

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Guild-Raid-Testing/page/3#post5617674

I warned you guys, you all ignored.

Anet deliberately played you like a fiddle and I tried to stop you guys but you didn’t listen. Your obsession with “being the best” has robbed you of the very opportunity to transcend the competition and become something greater, something known, something of a beacon of sorts in competitive gaming but you guys threw that all away from some meaningless world first.

Obal must be rolling in his grave.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Don’t see how this announcement is fruitful, you’re only inviting a deluge of sanctimonious white knights to join the cajoling. Especially given the bitterness involved by those not invited to test, people already had an axe to grind and you provided the pitchforks.

Guild Raid Testing

IllegalChocolate.6938

Don’t see how this announcement is fruitful, you’re only inviting a deluge of sanctimonious white knights to join the cajoling. Especially given the bitterness involved by those not invited to test, people already had an axe to grind and you provided the pitchforks.

They didn’t just provide pitchforks, they provided the sharpening stones and also offered torches from their gemstore catalogue to better the experience.

Its a fantastic opportunity, I don’t think anyone is gonna turn down that much money tbh.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Rayleigh.4082

Rayleigh.4082

Anet really doesn’t like their content being rolfstomped.

Incoming damage nerf to all classes to punish the community.

Leader of Renegatus ~ Dark King Rayleigh

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: TheDraco.3965

TheDraco.3965

Im a bit confused here. This thread was posted a month ago stated that 2 guilds will be raid testing. So if its out in the open then why does the guild need to state what has already been stated?

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

r o f l

rekt lmaooooo

always found it funny that someone was bragging to be the “best” at pve i mean man it’s pve LOL

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Don’t see how this announcement is fruitful

It’s making an example out of them to show what will happen to any other guilds who are invited to test raids will and what they will be subject to if they choose to behave the same way. All they had to do was remain quiet and let the community enjoy the content naturally, not troll people using their insider knowledge.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Rhonk.4283

Rhonk.4283

r o f l

rekt lmaooooo

always found it funny that someone was bragging to be the “best” at pve i mean man it’s pve LOL

I could tell the same about ppl bragging to be the “best” at GW2 spvp. I mean, is it pvp ? Farewell, dear Sir Ranked #18 on solo boards before 12/16 reset.

/love

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: caineth.7014

caineth.7014

Im a bit confused here. This thread was posted a month ago stated that 2 guilds will be raid testing. So if its out in the open then why does the guild need to state what has already been stated?

Those tweets do not show that they were testers, just that they completed it in 15 minutes. That looks downright awful to people out of the loop and makes the new endgame PvE (something a lot of people originally slated this game for not having) look easy and worthless.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

The only “bothersome” tweets are/were from their DnT twitter.

Things like: “After speed clearing the #GuildWars2 raid content in 15 minutes we’re attending the after-party sponsored by @mortonsalt. The loot is great.”

Might be the truth, but without any given (or just because of the) context it just doesn’t feel right.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Guild Raid Testing

IllegalChocolate.6938

I think when DnT dissolved back in WoW many people popped open bottles of champagne in celebration of their demise.

History tends to repeat itself, I wonder if it repeat once again.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Alphabet.7392

Alphabet.7392

r o f l

rekt lmaooooo

I could tell the same about ppl bragging to be the “best” at GW2 spvp. I mean, is it pvp ? Farewell, dear Sir Ranked #18 on solo boards before 12/16 reset.

/love

You’ve just compared 2 completely different game modes.

But that’s fine, ignorance is bliss.

HoD
Lyyneheim

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Things like: “After speed clearing the #GuildWars2 raid content in 15 minutes we’re attending the after-party sponsored by @mortonsalt. The loot is great.”

Might be the truth, but without any given (or just because of the) context it just doesn’t feel right.

Don’t forget these:

Attachments:

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en español / Spanish raiding guides

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

It doesn’t look good for Anet if the guild they gave privileged access to is trolling the community on release day.

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I can tell you in 2-3 months not even the top 5 world guilds in WoW or FFXIV are speed clearing Mythic/Savage difficulty raids they have on farm status in just 15 minutes.

That’s not a problem with DnT, that’s a problem with Anet’s encounter design.

Hell, some WoW Mythic boss encounters last as long as 8-10 minutes, some even inching the 15 minute line.

Wildstar isn’t behind.

If DnT’s 15 minute clear statement is in fact truth, it does not remove the fact that a guild who has a raid in farm can clear a wing of a raid faster than running arah path 4 twice.

And Anet’s in a rut now, because if they change raids to increase difficulty/kill time, they are privileging the guilds who got the early clears over latecomers. So somebody’s gonna be kittened regardless.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Holly potatoes. I guess raid team is “a bit” upset right now.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

I can tell you in 2-3 months not even the top 5 world guilds in WoW or FFXIV are speed clearing Mythic/Savage difficulty raids they have on farm status in just 15 minutes.

That’s not a problem with DnT, that’s a problem with Anet’s encounter design.

Hell, some WoW Mythic boss encounters last as long as 8-10 minutes, some even inching the 15 minute line.

Wildstar isn’t behind.

If DnT’s 15 minute clear statement is in fact truth, it does not remove the fact that a guild who has a raid in farm can clear a wing of a raid faster than running arah path 4 twice.

And Anet’s in a rut now, because if they change raids to increase difficulty/kill time, they are privileging the guilds who got the early clears over latecomers. So somebody’s gonna be kittened regardless.

I think the 15min is a bit of hyperbole. I might be wrong. But 15minutes to clear 3 boss encounters and whatever trash seems pushing it kinda.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

In January 2014, the Great Jungle Wurm wreaked havoc in Bloodtide Coast. This colossal Triple-Headed Wurm proved a formidable opponent to the masses of trophy hunters wanting it’s three heads on a mantle. For days they threw themselves at the monstrosity; countless brave souls sent to grisly and painful deaths. Some witnesses claim the monster was too challenging, or it’s foes not up to the task. Tyria weeped for Bloodtide Coast.

Survivors of the horror will tell you that the Wurm had unknown advantages; magical… insects of a sort… that regenerated the Wurm’s vitality instantaneously. No matter how many weapons were raised to send the beast back to the void, it would return at full strength. How was such a foe defeated, then?

After the initial slaughter, Tyria’s leaders arose and the horns of battle were sounded. Scribes and seers from across the land studied initial reports and surveyed the death-consumed battlefields for clues. An elusive and skilled clan of fighters were called upon to train Tyria’s yet unbloodied soldiers for the fight to come. The Wurm’s tenacity was defeated, it’s otherworldly magics discovered and repelled. Bloodtide Coast was freed from the Wurm’s harrowing, and an alliance was forged to protect Tyria from similar dangers — they called themselves Attuned.

Now they are being called upon to face an unknown force that threatens our world. Once more, they will sacrifice themselves for Tyria. However, they will need your help to succeed; for they face not a mere beast but enter into an uncharted realm where many heroes will perish.

May our fallen be remembered.

Absolutely classic.

A+

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Windler.4815

Windler.4815

LOL! How’s the salt now, DnT?

Windler
Spectral Legion [SL]
Jade Quarry

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

It doesn’t look good for Anet if the guild they gave privileged access to is trolling the community on release day.

No probably not but would have thought the mature reaction would be to talk to the guild behind closed doors. It doesn’t look like they broke the NDA or anything.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Not only did they clear it first thanks to their weeks of testing and bragged about it on their website/twitter/reddit but they also took advantage of it by being able to sell the specific loot from the raid first, therefore setting their own price.

What a bunch of doochebags.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Yea…no wonder Brazil left. DnT has done a lot for passing on great builds…but that doesn’t suddenly justify you being a kitten about everything else.

So sad…

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I’ve never experienced a stronger rush of schadenfreude in my whole life. I don’t experience it often, but woah. Almost as good as a turkey-and-mayo sandwich.