Guild Raid Testing

Guild Raid Testing

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Canakun.8031

Canakun.8031

bound by NDA? Why even post this? Just to let everyone know they were passed over for something they never had a fair shot at being considered for?

Why? For transparency and as a means of communication, which I think we all agree is a good thing.

Too, I see some concerns about claims of world firsts. ArenaNet doesn’t track, verify, record, or reward world firsts. But making public that certain guilds were involved in testing seems appropriate and relevant in that context, does it not?

I have to say I don’t agree with the last statement. This post essentially sounds like “Neener neener, look what these guys are playing and you aren’t”. As Mireles put it, it’s not like the rest of the community had a shot at it to begin with.

On a personal note, I don’t think these kind of guilds should be the standard to base raid difficulty on. I absolutely DON’T want any content that is only beat by stacking as many damage multipliers as possible, which is what these guilds seem to only be capable of doing. It’s boring, and it only incentivizes more “berserker meta” playstyles.

Oh my god.

These guilds will test the content to make sure it is working well and perfectly FOR FREE so that when you get a chance to go in, there are no bugs.
They are doing this service for the devs and for YOU, the player.

FOR FREE.
Stop being so entitled.

Mamorou Itou Defense Club.
Protect him at all costs.

Guild Raid Testing

Canakun.8031

There’s going to be a lot of problems if the raid is tweaked according to the top 1% of players… Meaning that the two guilds and others similar will only be capable of even completing the raid. Cause that makes the raid all but impossible for anyone not at their level.
See where I’m going with this?
Expecting a lot of complaining and raid nerfing in the near future.

The content is designed to be very difficult so if the best instanced PvE players are ensuring that it’s doable, but only just doable, THEY ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING.

Lots of you people don’t seem to understand what sort of content this is.

Guild Raid Testing

Canakun.8031

eh, balancing raids around the opinions of people that only adhere to the metagame is going to result in incredibly crap raids.

You have no idea what you just said.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Without the input of top PvE players, there’s little chance the raids will turn out well.

Just look at how fast and easily the boss was downed in the beta. I doubt they intended for that to happen as they were supposedly showcasing their new hard/challenging content. In fact they’re probably in panic mode, hence the invitations.

Losing the idea of “world first” is definitely worth it when the alternative are raids that will be easily completed a couple hours after they launch.

Umm i just want to tell you that they made the boss down easy. In fact Team A theorycrafted over 5 hours and had many practices, and not only that but individually they are excellent players. Also it took them 10+ tries not including the figuring out mechanic part, many being leaving the boss at 0.1% health before wiping. Team B spent much less time to kill the Vale Guardian nonetheless, but it took us a good solid 6 hours+ before we were able to kill him.
And 1 mechanic of the Vale Guardian is missing, so you have to take that into consideration as well. Also out of many, many raid teams, how many actually have killed the Vale Guardian? I’m sure EU could have done it too without the unfortunate schedule, but I am sure the percentage is very small compared to the entire active GW2 population.

I hope they make more designs like this, and I don’t mind the rise in difficulty after DnT/Att’s feedback, but it saddens me to see when people think the Vale Guardian was easy to kill when it fact it took us all the weekends to theorycraft, practice, and execute the mechanic. And I can’t stress this enough, that all of our members in our guild, are all tested and tried veterans who were very adept at their class.

If you think that 5 hours and 10+ tries is considered hard then you might want to try another game. FFXIV mechanics absolutely destroy this stuff and the savage stuff is insane. The last 2 bosses in Alexanders savage the top guilds spent 8+ hour days for WEEKS trying to get the bosses down. Heck I remember WoW vanilla MC the first boss taking more than 5 hours and more than 10+ attempts…

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Without the input of top PvE players, there’s little chance the raids will turn out well.

Just look at how fast and easily the boss was downed in the beta. I doubt they intended for that to happen as they were supposedly showcasing their new hard/challenging content. In fact they’re probably in panic mode, hence the invitations.

Losing the idea of “world first” is definitely worth it when the alternative are raids that will be easily completed a couple hours after they launch.

Umm i just want to tell you that they made the boss down easy. In fact Team A theorycrafted over 5 hours and had many practices, and not only that but individually they are excellent players. Also it took them 10+ tries not including the figuring out mechanic part, many being leaving the boss at 0.1% health before wiping. Team B spent much less time to kill the Vale Guardian nonetheless, but it took us a good solid 6 hours+ before we were able to kill him.
And 1 mechanic of the Vale Guardian is missing, so you have to take that into consideration as well. Also out of many, many raid teams, how many actually have killed the Vale Guardian? I’m sure EU could have done it too without the unfortunate schedule, but I am sure the percentage is very small compared to the entire active GW2 population.

I hope they make more designs like this, and I don’t mind the rise in difficulty after DnT/Att’s feedback, but it saddens me to see when people think the Vale Guardian was easy to kill when it fact it took us all the weekends to theorycraft, practice, and execute the mechanic. And I can’t stress this enough, that all of our members in our guild, are all tested and tried veterans who were very adept at their class.

If you think that 5 hours and 10+ tries is considered hard then you might want to try another game. FFXIV mechanics absolutely destroy this stuff and the savage stuff is insane. The last 2 bosses in Alexanders savage the top guilds spent 8+ hour days for WEEKS trying to get the bosses down. Heck I remember WoW vanilla MC the first boss taking more than 5 hours and more than 10+ attempts…

nods Until we actually see this content, all we’ve got to go on is three years of incredibly mediocre garbage fights / combat.

Sorry if we are all very cynical, but you can hardly blame us.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Guild Raid Testing

MashMash.1645

I don’t like the lack of confidence that Anet is presenting from both not being able to release raids during the release date and having to do closed beta tests with a week left from release.

It was a purposeful decision to stagger the raids til after launch.

Raids need to be tested by players before they’re released. Doing it too early would have been a pretty big risk.

Don’t be such a pessimist.

They should have a ptr/pts and get into the 21st century. But then the game does use dx9, so……. rolls eyes

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

The only reason fights take weeks to defeat in games like FFXIV and WoW is very simple: They force you fight them undergeared. I’m not saying the fights aren’t engaging, but the fact of the matter is that this is exactly how they’re tuned and how games with gear progression work. You step into a raid undergeared, and fight it at a disadvantage for a few weeks. The more you succeed or the more time goes on, your raid gradually grows in strength due to better damage, healing etc. This allows things to be easier.

What separates the best guilds from the mediocre in those games is simply how well they optimize and form strategies under the circumstances of being at a big disadvantage. This is not to discredit them, but to show that such a system would not work in this game.

Also, there’s many other reasons why a boss might not die. It could be simply bugged, making it harder than inended. In FFXIV, I remember Twintania was not killed for weeks simply because Twister was bugged. Once it was fixed, it died on the day of that patch. Sure it was “hard” but it also wasn’t enjoyable to lose due to things like that.

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

Yea…..that seems fair….(sarcasm)

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The only reason fights take weeks to defeat in games like FFXIV and WoW is very simple: They force you fight them undergeared. I’m not saying the fights aren’t engaging, but the fact of the matter is that this is exactly how they’re tuned and how games with gear progression work. You step into a raid undergeared, and fight it at a disadvantage for a few weeks. The more you succeed or the more time goes on, your raid gradually grows in strength due to better damage, healing etc. This allows things to be easier.

What separates the best guilds from the mediocre in those games is simply how well they optimize and form strategies under the circumstances of being at a big disadvantage. This is not to discredit them, but to show that such a system would not work in this game.

Also, there’s many other reasons why a boss might not die. It could be simply bugged, making it harder than inended. In FFXIV, I remember Twintania was not killed for weeks simply because Twister was bugged. Once it was fixed, it died on the day of that patch. Sure it was “hard” but it also wasn’t enjoyable to lose due to things like that.

Twister was not bugged. At all. They nerfed it because only one guild was able to kill it, after many months. It was a nerf to difficulty.

Moreover, none of Alex Savage forces you to fight them undergeared. By the time most people get to savage floor 3 and 4 they had their ilv200+, which is exactly the item level the fight are balanced around.

Only crappy groups blame lack of progress on gear gating.

Savage Alexander is hard, as was Second Binding Coil Savage.

Datascape for Wildstar did not gear gate. The checks for mechanics were just really tight.

Problem is GW2 wants to have its cake and eat it too. It wants variable comps to be beating content, which means having no standards for performance whatsoever since PvE balance is so bad that some classes do 20-30%+ more DPS than others and some bring so much more utility while others are so much better at tanking. Generally the top classes being the classes with the most access to boons and fire/water fields as well.

If you think this game will ever be balanced in PvE, think again. The class changes patch was announced by Grouch, PvP guy, most of the changes were PvE focused as usual, and they just announced a 400k prize PvP league.

This is a PvP game with a PvE side attraction as far as balance goes.

Guild Raid Testing

Nokaru.7831

Twister was not bugged. At all. They nerfed it because only one guild was able to kill it, after many months. It was a nerf to difficulty.

Not bugged at all. Yup. (Link)

Twister strategy: Run in a circle when it’s casting and hope you get lucky.

Here’s the original reddit thread. (Link)

They figured out how to minimize the bug, but saying “it wasn’t bugged, it was nerfed” is the most obtuse thing ever, and clearly the thought of a forum warrior, not an actual player that attempted to progress on that fight.

(edited by Nokaru.7831)

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: ualgh.1832

ualgh.1832

[comment declaring reasons of being thoroughly upset with DnT]

Do you actually care about the fact that they violated the terms of service?

Just curious because I personally don’t give a frosty fist of a kitten about it at all, not really sure what the big deal is. It’s not like they’re getting any rewards for being able to play the content on the internal testing servers. You can’t even use a trading post or your own characters on them and it requires a different client as well.

Thanks for taking the time to delete the actual content of my legitimate question and replace it with your words which fail to encapsulate the spirit of my original post.

I do actually care about any violations of the terms of service. Firstly, programs that read the actual memory of the client will always run the risk of exploitation even if the original intent of the program is benign. The fact of the matter is that the dps meter code is available to anyone with a search engine. As such, there is a huge potential for users with malicious intent to mess with data that we are in no way supposed to be able to access. I, for one, trust that ArenaNet would give users access to this kind of data if they thought it would be beneficial to the community. As it exists now, we have users deciding how to interpret the very strict language of the ToS and violating it with wanton disregard for rules that are in place to ensure that Guild Wars 2 runs smoothly.

The second issue is that, because the illegal dps meter is not universally accessible to the entire community, it very much gives an unfair advantage to players with access to sensitive data like damage done and enemy health numbers. As such, it creates very real imbalances in a community predicated on inclusion and parity.

Again, the community has every right to ask critical questions.

follow me on IG @yung_anime

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Raif.9507

Raif.9507

I’m glad its being tested, however with only two guilds invited why even announce it to the community. You’re just inviting jealousy and flame posts. Should have just kept this on the down-low…IMHO. This sounds more like an alpha test than a closed beta test.

They announced it so that if the community wants to continue on with tracking World Firsts they can. While Anet doesn’t track, reward, or care about World First, they know the community at large does and are most likely coming at this from the POV of “Hey, let’s give them a heads up that we’re asking these 2 guilds for FB so they can know to take them out of the WF running”…

Also, they might just be trying to let you know they’re learning from mistakes and are asking some of the “top” PvE guilds to test the content so they can actually make it as hard as they promised.

Asharìa March – 80 Elementalist
Co-Guild Leader of Prime Defense on Sanctum of Rall – www.Primedefense.net

Guild Raid Testing

MashMash.1645

Congrats, [Att] and [DnT]!

Try not to leak anything this time?

It appears they already have been. Was watching teatime and the chap on there (with the beard – I forget his name sorry) said they had already told him previously. Unless he was lying? He’s also not in their guild, so how did he know?

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Lian Olsam.9541

Lian Olsam.9541

I just hope this raids doesent need plus than 3 hours per week i d like to have MORE istance but not a long one, i dont wanna spend my time hopeing to find the same guys every days for continue the same istance and i dont wanna play 8 hours in a day for doing it. In other games i ve played if the party know how to the raid was from 30 min till 3 hours depending on raid, but u doesent need the same party, you do an istance than when u start it another one you are able to change all the party

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

@lian oslamamma Yes I too don’t want to have a reason to login for more than 10minutes a week, I mean the game already has so much content why add more? Anet can you please give legendary armour as login rewards thx

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Here’s the original reddit thread. (Link)

They figured out how to minimize the bug, but saying “it wasn’t bugged, it was nerfed” is the most obtuse thing ever, and clearly the thought of a forum warrior, not an actual player that attempted to progress on that fight.

How cute of you to link outdated threads when members of BG themselves later confirmed in the forums that they polished their Twister strategies after the kill and it was perfectly doable before the nerf.

You keep using the word “bug”, but I don’t think you have the faintest idea of what the word actually means. Something being obscure or unreasonably tuned is not a “bug”.

By that account the dive bombs would also be a bug considering the players had to test countless positions, facing directions, before they even noticed there were “safe” spots for them.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

This provides a DUAL and BALANCED perspective on new PvE content that takes into consideration the opinions of the most experienced instanced PvE players, as well as the most experienced World boss PvE players.

How can you even say that with a straight face?

Experienced World Boss players?

Guild Raid Testing

Lian Olsam.9541

@lian oslamamma Yes I too don’t want to have a reason to login for more than 10minutes a week, I mean the game already has so much content why add more? Anet can you please give legendary armour as login rewards thx

do you think your reply bring something usefull to community? i dont think so
i try to suggest to anet something i think is very important, because have more instance of raids, with a gameplay with 2-3 hours max per istance, isnt so strange, because normal ppl have a life, a work etc etc if you dont have a life or if you mother is the GB queen so you can play 18hr per day every day of your life, i’m happy for you, but the world is not like this, there are alot of ppl have 2-3 hours per day (alot of ppl have really less time), and this free time isnt ever at the same timing, sometime someone have free the afternoon, and sometime night, what i’m suggesting, is to make multiple istance raid, so you can start and finish the istance in one session, and if you have a truble to play with them the day after, you can do the new instance with other players.

immagine the raid is for 5 hours, so you have to split it in 2 days, the first day, no problem, the second day one mate of your previews team isnt online and you dont know why, another guy told isnt avalaible after 9pm another one isnt avalaible before 8pm… so your entire party screw up, and you cant continue your raid.

this is really a bad raid experience, and i’m here because i know this issue can be avoid, making different path/wings, like dungeons, so you can do path/wings 2 with a complete different party you done path1

should also be good have different timings for raids, for example p1 and p2 something like 2-3 hours max each, so for example ppl can do that (if the reset day is friday/saturday early morning) 1 path saturday, 2 path sunday (usually these days are free for the most ppl) and p3 during the week days (or ever sunday if they want) but i’d like to have a p3 with a big boss with some cool mechanics, so if you know how to deal with him you can complete in 30-40 min, otherwise you will just fail…

i’m not saying nothing new, i’ve just played other mmorpg and i saw the 2 kind of philosophy, that’s why i wanna give this suggestion, an easy one, but very very important.

and dude, if you have alot of free time, just go for the new event maps, masterys, new legendary, fractals etc etc, and if is not enough, go out and enjoy the sun

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Sqenix confirmed twisters were working as intended though.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

yadda yadda

Short raids would be… silly, tbh. If you’re aware of not having time during the work-week, do your raiding on the weekend. If you can’t do that either, well, that’s sadly bad luck.
Raids are meant for players who can put time and effort into them, so I fail to see the issue there.
Clearly, there is enough different content for you too, even if you don’t have the time for raids; “just go for the new event maps, masterys, new legendary, fractals etc etc” as you say.

Guild Raid Testing

Lian Olsam.9541

yadda yadda

Short raids would be… silly, tbh. If you’re aware of not having time during the work-week, do your raiding on the weekend. If you can’t do that either, well, that’s sadly bad luck.
Raids are meant for players who can put time and effort into them, so I fail to see the issue there.
Clearly, there is enough different content for you too, even if you don’t have the time for raids; “just go for the new event maps, masterys, new legendary, fractals etc etc” as you say.

Lol you are so funny
With my suggestion everyone have a chance to play, with your selfish one, you exlude alot of players

GG

So anet should work alot only for few kids who have all the day.. Thats silly!!!

Guild Raid Testing

NovaanVerdiano.6174

yadda yadda

Lol you are so funny
With my suggestion everyone have a chance to play, with your selfish one, you exlude alot of players

GG

So anet should work alot only for few kids who have all the day.. Thats silly!!!

No, there is content for everyone, but not all content is meant for everyone.
People who want to do the raid will find time for it. Believe me.
I mean, do you see people with PCs barely fulfilling minimum requirements to play this game kitten about ANet that they can’t play WvW and that they should lower the graphics even further so they can? No? Thought so. Same with raids, just that here it’s “unwillingness to make some free time or lacking it” instead of “unwillingness to spend money or lacking it”
This game seriously lacks things to do if you’re mainly into instanced content (and no fan of soloing, I guess), it’s only going to get worse with dungeons throwing off less money and we can’t be sure yet about how many fractals we can run a day for rewards/how long that’s going to take. Raids are something lovers of instanced content can invest time into, with the whole thing being split up in multiple wings AND the rewards being timegated so that you can only get something from each boss once a week.
You’re the selfish one here since you apparently can’t make enough free time for raids and thus want them to be short so that you can run them, ignoring those who actually want the raids to take longer than CoF p1 (because that would be ridiculous)

Guild Raid Testing

Lian Olsam.9541

yadda yadda

Lol you are so funny

GG

No, there is content for everyone, but not all content is meant for everyone.
People who want to do the raid will find time for it. Believe me.
I mean, do you see people with PCs barely fulfilling minimum requirements to play this game kitten about ANet that they can’t play WvW and that they should lower the graphics even further so they can? No? Thought so. Same with raids, just that here it’s “unwillingness to make some free time or lacking it” instead of “unwillingness to spend money or lacking it”
This game seriously lacks things to do if you’re mainly into instanced content (and no fan of soloing, I guess), it’s only going to get worse with dungeons throwing off less money and we can’t be sure yet about how many fractals we can run a day for rewards/how long that’s going to take. Raids are something lovers of instanced content can invest time into, with the whole thing being split up in multiple wings AND the rewards being timegated so that you can only get something from each boss once a week.
You’re the selfish one here since you apparently can’t make enough free time for raids and thus want them to be short so that you can run them, ignoring those who actually want the raids to take longer than CoF p1 (because that would be ridiculous)

Make an istanced hard raid content doesent mean you have to stay 8 hours inside every day, this is your opinion not the truth, if you want it go play wow.
I cant understand how you can say your idea isnt selfish if deny to alot of player to enjoy contents, the limit should also be about “be a good player” not about “if you have no life you can play it” there is alot of korean game with this philosophy, quit gw2 and enjoy them.

This game lack of content but some players lack about “real life” and altruism, if you wanna deny players to play it because you have alot of time there is no other word than egoism, that s it, you should like it or not but this is the fact.

Guild Raid Testing

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Make an istanced hard raid content doesent mean you have to stay 8 hours inside every day, this is your opinion not the truth, if you want it go play wow.
I cant understand how you can say your idea isnt selfish if deny to alot of player to enjoy contents, the limit should also be about “be a good player” not about “if you have no life you can play it” there is alot of korean game with this philosophy, quit gw2 and enjoy them.

This game lack of content but some players lack about “real life” and altruism, if you wanna deny players to play it because you have alot of time there is no other word than egoism, that s it, you should like it or not but this is the fact.

No one says you’ll have to stay 8 hours in there every day. Again: They’re split into multiple wings and you get rewards from each boss once a week. That’s plenty of time. Also, we don’t even know how long they’re going to be. Maybe they’re just a hour to 90min per wing.
Dedicating 2-3 hours on 3 days a week (Which can very well be Fri, Sat, Sun) to something you enjoy isn’t “having no life” either.

Guild Raid Testing

Lian Olsam.9541

No one says you’ll have to stay 8 hours in there every day. Again: They’re split into multiple wings and you get rewards from each boss once a week. That’s plenty of time. Also, we don’t even know how long they’re going to be. Maybe they’re just a hour to 90min per wing.
Dedicating 2-3 hours on 3 days a week (Which can very well be Fri, Sat, Sun) to something you enjoy isn’t “having no life” either.

So you should read again what i wrote, because is not different what r u asking for. I write it again i told should be nice have different instance/path/wings with max 2-3 hours each for 2 path/wings and the 3th with some mega encounter wich need 30-45 min but very hard (so will be more time if you wipe)
The other important point i wrote is about have a chance to do every wings/path with different party, so you can do p1 with some guys p2 with others etc etc so you will be no locked if some players of your first path will be no online

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

With the raids being split into multiple wings and as far as I understood even multiple bosses (with your progress being saved), I think it’s fair to assume that the raids as such won’t take a huge amount of hours. However, getting to know them will. That’s no bad thing as such and I’m confident that Anet can balance the time-investment to be in line with the rest of their content (fractals are even being “shortened” to be more accommodating for the average player).

Raiding is such a broad term and different people will have made different experiences in different MMO’s. Obviously, there will be disappointment on either side of the fence: For some they will be too easy/fast, for others too hard/long. For a game like GW2, I feel that it should likely be somewhere in the middle of either extreme.

That said, while I appreciate the initiative to have guilds play-test those raids, I hope their feedback will be taken as just one narrow perspective out of many. While I only know one of the two guilds currently selected, I do not feel overly confident in their ability to capture the essence of the GW2-community and represent them for balancing matters.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Zaroua.2714

Zaroua.2714

“Datascape for Wildstar did not gear gate.”

Datascape was gear gated. I know, I was there for it. The essence of gear gating, gear checking and whatnot is that the fight gets significantly easier if you have more, better gear on your raid. An actually hard fight is difficult because you need to have a strategy, a coordinated group, the appropriate gear and plenty of time to get the mechanics down with your eyes closed while doing whatever role you need to fulfill in your raid. The first Datascape fight was not mechanically challenging enough to be called difficult; it was mostly gear checks with a few mechanics attached to it. The fight was good, but it wasn’t really hard. It certainly wasn’t soul crushingly difficult. But it was gear gated to hell and back.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

You guys make playing this game a chore.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Congrats, [Att] and [DnT]!

Try not to leak anything this time?

It appears they already have been. Was watching teatime and the chap on there (with the beard – I forget his name sorry) said they had already told him previously. Unless he was lying? He’s also not in their guild, so how did he know?

Do you mean Brazil? Also could you give me the Time on the TeaTime Episode where he “said” something like that

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

I also don’t see the point of telling us about this. Those guilds can’t talk to us about it and i assume gaile can’t tell us how they are doing so it really does just feel as unnecessary as someone saying they made coffee today in the office. I will admit that my saltiness might be increased by how excited i was to beta test the raids.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

How do you know 1 mechanic of the Vale Guardian is missing?

Don’t think anyone was able to use the Speed Mushrooms that were in there since that mastery line wasn’t available yet.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Don’t think anyone was able to use the Speed Mushrooms that were in there since that mastery line wasn’t available yet.

That’s probably just an extra help to get to the electric exploding orb faster…

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

That’s probably just an extra help to get to the electric exploding orb faster…

And doing more Damage because the Speed Shrooms give you a 10% Attack Speed Boost

Guild Raid Testing

Canakun.8031

This provides a DUAL and BALANCED perspective on new PvE content that takes into consideration the opinions of the most experienced instanced PvE players, as well as the most experienced World boss PvE players.

How can you even say that with a straight face?

Experienced World Boss players?

How else would you like me to describe a guild dedicated solely to the quick and efficient defeat of open world PvE megabosses? I’ll adjust my language accordingly.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Distaste.4801

Distaste.4801

Saying gear is what makes FFXIV hard is not exactly wrong but it’s not true either. What makes FFXIV hard is that the savage stuff is balanced around being nearly perfect. You need to do your class rotations, execute the strategy, and have the gear. The class rotations alone take a lot of concentrations to nail and the difference between getting them right and not is huge. These rotations are timed down to the second, the margins for error are slim to say the least. The mechanics are so tightly tuned that it’s impressive. Look at Extreme titan, you literally don’t have a second to spare when avoiding the ground AOE’s, you have to react the second they come out or your dead. I say all this as someone who was hardcore into raiding when AQ40, Naxx, Sunwell, etc came out. FFXIV has fine tuned their hardcore content to a level that I’ve never seen in any other game and to say it’s only because of lack of gear is so short sighted.

Sadly GW2 will never achieve that level of “hard”. Classes are too imbalanced and balancing for the top specs is just going to create a toxic atmosphere. I really hope these playtesting guilds test other builds besides the min-max stuff. The one thing that could make GW2 unique is it’s classes/builds, but if we are stuck with 6 berserkers, 1 tank, 1 healer/support, it’s just going to be sad.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Heh, says the arm chair game developer

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Rivindor.7258

Rivindor.7258

I don’t know why so many are complaining. Anet wants to be sure their content is challenging enough so they’re giving some of their more established guilds a chance at helping them beta test it.

I’m sure both guilds knew the benefits, and consequences of joining in on this. If either of the two hoped to be ‘world firsts’ they would have understood that this achievement would have been given up by partaking. They can surely compete for clearing times once the raid has been established but I think its clear they’re out of the running due to a headstart on the other guilds.

There are still plenty of good guilds out there in the running for world first and it’ll be interesting to see videos of them completing it.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Jasper Defthand.3018

Jasper Defthand.3018

I dont know who att is but if its the same DnT from back in WoW vanilla- wrath then they are aiming to create content challenging to a guild with their level of skill and coordination. This is good for the game.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Previous

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

As many in our player community are aware, we invited the guild Death and Taxes [DnT] to our raids testing program a month ago and gave them unlimited access to the three raid wings currently under development. Upon public release of our first raid wing today, DnT decided to go against the spirit of our relationship by promoting the speed with which they completed the raid wing without ensuring that those reading their comments were fully aware of the fact that they had been given early access. In taking that approach, DnT showed that they do not fully respect everyone in our community, and that is something that we take extremely seriously. As a result, we have decided to remove DnT from our testing program. We want to thank them for their involvement.

Moving forward, ArenaNet continues to be excited about the possibility of collaborating with guilds in the spirit of creating great raids and fostering a positive relationship with our community. We’ll be watching as other groups attempt to defeat the raid with the goal of identifying additional likely test candidates.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

wow, stay classy [DnT]

Guild Raid Testing

Nokaru.7831

Stay classy, [DnT]

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

Dommmmmmmmmm.6984

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: istariwk.8312

istariwk.8312

TBH, they are the ones promoting this bad behavior of the elitism in this game. They have created this false idea of a “meta” and the community is severely harmed by this.
Sooo i m glad arenanet takes few steps away from them.

Guild Raid Testing

MashMash.1645

This is too funny.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Vennyhedgie.5369

Vennyhedgie.5369

LMAO

This was bound to happen

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Jam Clock Eye.4329

Jam Clock Eye.4329

Wait but… didn’t they get #First?

(edited by Jam Clock Eye.4329)

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

Hmm. Some drama incoming. But just out of curiosity. Was DnT invited and used as a benchmark of performance expected to tackle with GW2 raids or as a measure of their potential upper limits?

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Nyspar.6103

Nyspar.6103

without ensuring that those reading their comments were fully aware of the fact that they had been given early access.

I was under the assumption that DnT is not allowed to identify themselves as raid testers, as stated in the NDA.

[DnT] TargNyspar
Targaryen / Nymaria / Dwagonfire / Dwagonhunter

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Well this is an interesting turn of events.

Guild Raid Testing

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

Nice. Thank you Anet, for taking this issue seriously. The rest of us appreciate it

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”