Guild kicking in Fractals

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

basicall what the title says.

this has happened to me more than once.

everytime we get to the last fractal level right before the chest the guildies in the group will kick the random and invite thier own guild.

there needs to be a report option or some sort of dishonour from loot for them people who kick players on the last level of fractals.

there is no need for it.

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Doesn’t “LFG System Abuse” apply?
Anyway, open your own instances, just to make sure. It’s a sad thing to see nonetheless.

Zardul.3952

ive opened a ticket about the issue but i didnt take the time to remember their names to report them

Zardul.3952

it jsut kittens me off when ive spent 2 hours doing fracs and then get kicked so they can invite thier guild mates.

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

Losing your progress is an important part of the fractal experience.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Made me laugh more than it should.

@OP: If it’s that much of a problem, make screenshots at the beginning. As annoying as it is, if it happens often it may help you. Or, as I said, open fractals on your own exclusively. I always do that too, doesn’t matter who I’m running with.

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I’ve been hearing more and more about this issue. It bothers me. I don’t normally kick except for long absences AFK with no warning before hand. Its more of a social and entitlement issue more than anything. And there isn’t much you can do, other than screen shot before run, and report, and open the instance before hand, so if you do get kicked at the end, everybody loses. I don’t know how effective the “LFG abuse” reporting is, but if it’s anything like gold selling or bot reporting, it should get dealt with swiftly.

I just don’t get the why though. If your guildie is too lazy, or not available to do the run at that time, too bad. Although I like many of my guildies, I wouldn’t kick someone at the end just to bring them in for the reward. Heck, I wouldn’t do it for my wife (when shes gets to that point). In fact there are some guildies I won’t run a dungeon/fractal with, and would probably kick if they randomly joined my pug.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Jack.1469

Jack.1469

Seems to me the only solution at this point is to make kicking impossible to do after a certain point to discourage this.

Posted by: winterchillz.2564

winterchillz.2564

Get their guild name and tag and shame them in public if it happens to you. This is what people who do this deserve.

Cloud of Sparrows
Fluffiest Blood Legion Charr
“At least I die knowing my sisters are free”

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

This.

Of course people will kick you to deny you progression, they’re just picking up where ANet left it when they removed 20 levels worth of player progression. I think this players-kicking-others-to-deny-them-progression will somehow be one of the tiebreakers for the fractal leaderboard. After all, it needs to be fair: older players’ progression must be slowed down so that newer players who just start fractals don’t feel left out and have a shot at ranking high on the leaderboard. Actually, I think it would be better if fractals progression would be reset back to 0 periodically (say, every 2 months or so?). 100% fairness. Yessir.

Posted by: Errant.1942

Errant.1942

Seems to me the only solution at this point is to make kicking impossible to do after a certain point to discourage this.

Then this would be abused by people going afk after that certain point and leeching their way to completion.

The system isn’t perfect, but neither is an alternative system.

There will always be a way to abuse the system, and to be fair, the only way they can improve on the current system is to make the vote/kick require 3 votes instead of 2. But changing it so you can’t kick people after a certain point is not going to solve anything. It will just introduce a new form of abuse.

Also, don’t forget, you’re just hearing this guy’s version of the story. What if the guild says he was actually a terrible player, and they kept asking him to step up his game, and they kicked him after he refused to change his playstyle? I’ve kicked people for this reason, and it’s basically the only reason I’ll kick someone. And you need to be pretty abysmal and persistent if you want me to go as far as kicking you.

This was perfect. Thank you. Never forget.

Not so Bright | Death and Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Never forget.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Never forget.

We won’t forget, Lilith. Never, ever, ever. Especially not with the number of threads we’ve had on this issue. And yet, people keep insisting that we need a reminder.

Zelendel

Lilith Ajit.6173

Never forget.

We won’t forget, Lilith. Never, ever, ever. Especially not with the number of threads we’ve had on this issue. And yet, people keep insisting that we need a reminder.

O.o

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Never forget.

O.o

Aimed at OP, not you.

Zelendel

Lilith Ajit.6173

Never forget.

O.o

Aimed at OP, not you.

Ah. About the kicking thing gotcha.

I vote for Moar threads on fractal reset!

[ARES]

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

Simple solution, don’t stay in a group with more than one person with the same guild tag. I make it a habit to check guild tags and quit groups like that immediately. Too much hassle to deal with. Either they play a certain way and expect everyone else to mind read and follow, or you get shenanigans like this kick and replace for a guildie at the last minute. Pugs should be pugs…not some partial guild run looking to take advantage. Better to start over immediately than deal with wasted time and no reward at the end.

I’m constantly scanning pug groups I join for warning signs to bail (extremely low dps, obvious signs that the rest of the group is on voice chat instead of in-game chat, more than one with the same guild tag, bad weapon choice, buffs indicating low dps builds, notoriously bad classes for fractals). Learn the warning signs and what you are willing to tolerate and your pug experience will get better.

pdavis.8031

Simple solution, don’t stay in a group with more than one person with the same guild tag. I make it a habit to check guild tags and quit groups like that immediately. Too much hassle to deal with. Either they play a certain way and expect everyone else to mind read and follow, or you get shenanigans like this kick and replace for a guildie at the last minute. Pugs should be pugs…not some partial guild run looking to take advantage. Better to start over immediately than deal with wasted time and no reward at the end.

I’m constantly scanning pug groups I join for warning signs to bail (extremely low dps, obvious signs that the rest of the group is on voice chat instead of in-game chat, more than one with the same guild tag, bad weapon choice, buffs indicating low dps builds, notoriously bad classes for fractals). Learn the warning signs and what you are willing to tolerate and your pug experience will get better.

I have to disagree (with an exception). When some of our guildies get together for dungeon/fractal runs every now and then. It’s usually 2-3 of us, and will pug for the extra(s) as needed. In rare cases have I seen a kick, even if they are horribad. We certainly don’t kick in favor of a guildie at the end. If guildie wants to run with us, they are going to have to wait until we finish run. Period. However, my exception being one paticular guildie (with whom I’ll never do another run with) got kick happy midway through dungeon and was kicking Engi on sight, those under level 80, for being new to the dungeon, etc. (and this was my “ANY WELCOME” LFG until he changed it after the 3rd round of people kicked.) This was definetly not ok, and I called him out in guild chat, and intend to have a talk with an officer/guild leader about it.

I understand not all people are going to be cool like my dungeon running group, and that more tend to be like the kitten guildie who got kick happy, but I do feel that the current system is fine. Just report them, and also try to find their guild leader and report to them as well. Most guild leaders (especially of the larger guilds) tend to be much cooler, and won’t tolerate that kind of behavior as it reflects really badly against the guild as a whole.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

After all, it needs to be fair: older players’ progression must be slowed down so that newer players who just start fractals don’t feel left out and have a shot at ranking high on the leaderboard. Actually, I think it would be better if fractals progression would be reset back to 0 periodically (say, every 2 months or so?). 100% fairness. Yessir.

Attachments:

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I have to disagree (with an exception). When some of our guildies get together for dungeon/fractal runs every now and then. It’s usually 2-3 of us, and will pug for the extra(s) as needed. In rare cases have I seen a kick, even if they are horribad. We certainly don’t kick in favor of a guildie at the end. If guildie wants to run with us, they are going to have to wait until we finish run.

Yup, that. Sometimes you won’t be able to pull a full dungeon/fractal group from your guild (especially so if you’re in a smaller guild), making pugging necessary.

pdavis.8031

I have to disagree (with an exception). When some of our guildies get together for dungeon/fractal runs every now and then. It’s usually 2-3 of us, and will pug for the extra(s) as needed. In rare cases have I seen a kick, even if they are horribad. We certainly don’t kick in favor of a guildie at the end. If guildie wants to run with us, they are going to have to wait until we finish run.

Yup, that. Sometimes you won’t be able to pull a full dungeon/fractal group from your guild (especially so if you’re in a smaller guild), making pugging necessary.

Exactly, but if everyone is avoiding groups with multiple members of the same guild, this can be VERY frustrating. They either join and quit when they see the same guild tag, or refuse to join.

recognize my command!”

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

After all, it needs to be fair: older players’ progression must be slowed down so that newer players who just start fractals don’t feel left out and have a shot at ranking high on the leaderboard. Actually, I think it would be better if fractals progression would be reset back to 0 periodically (say, every 2 months or so?). 100% fairness. Yessir.

I agree, and we should also have our character levels reset every month or so to ensure fairness for newer players, make sure to improve the progression of the game and for newer players. Yessir.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

On occasion I’ve had a PuG remark with surprise, “Oh, you’re all from the same guild!”
To which I reassure them, “Don’t worry, we’re not like those other men.”

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Lilith Ajit.6173

On occasion I’ve had a PuG remark with surprise, “Oh, you’re all from the same guild!”
To which I reassure them, “Don’t worry, we’re not like those other men.”

hops in

[ARES]

Posted by: Big Jay.1479

Big Jay.1479

Pugged AC with a group of 4 guys from EV – I say “I feel out of place, you all are EV” which was met with “Wanna be?”

Recruiting at its finest.

NOTE: they were definitely an above-average PuG group. Might stacking ele, Stacking and melting each of the bosses – it was a good time.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Serious note: If I fractal and I see more than one guild member, I screen shot all account names. Also I screen if anything funky happens in chat. I’ve not once been kicked, but I am ready for it. I never do this for regular dungeons, but fractals just eat up so much time it’s foolish to not protect yourself. I also usually start my own group and instance. These things can prevent getting kicked and losing progress (unless anet wants me to lose progress)

[ARES]

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Serious note: If I fractal and I see more than one guild member, I screen shot all account names. Also I screen if anything funky happens in chat. I’ve not once been kicked, but I am ready for it. I never do this for regular dungeons, but fractals just eat up so much time it’s foolish to not protect yourself. I also usually start my own group and instance. These things can prevent getting kicked and losing progress (unless anet wants me to lose progress)

Make sure to announce in team chat that you’ve screenshotted all party members as well and will be filing a ticket if anyone is kicked on the last fractal

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Even with screenshots of the incident, Anet hasn’t shown (to the best of my knowledge) that they do anything about it. Hence, more people keep on doing it since there are no repercussions.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Make sure to announce in team chat that you’ve screenshotted all party members as well and will be filing a ticket if anyone is kicked on the last fractal

I wouldn’t do this unless there starts to be problems in chat as it would likely cause tension in a potentially problem free group. And as for whether the screens matter, I’m not sure that’s the point. You want to be able to remember their names for reporting purposes but AL SO blocking purposes.

[ARES]

Posted by: Errant.1942

Errant.1942

Your loss, I’ve carried PUGs with guildies and friends through <40min Fractals before. Blew the minds of some when we used the DnT tactics on Old Tom and melted him without even using the crystals.

I’m also highly confused why you think extremely low DPS and bad weapon choices are indicators of people in the same guild, and on voice chat. Being on voice chat and being in a guild team usually get you very high DPS and decent builds, unless you run with bad guilds.

Not so Bright | Death and Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I generally run fractals with 1-3 guildmates depending on who is on and whatnot. The only time we’ve kicked someone for a guildmate was at the very beginning before anything happened. And if someone gets kicked mid-run that’s because they left/DCed and didn’t come back after a minute or so.

Sometimes I’m the pug…I just hope I keep up with the group. I’m always hesitant to join a group because I hate feeling like the weakest link. Sometimes you learn some new stuff doing it with new people though.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

I used to be in a guild where some of the members would kick people when the run is almost over(3rd or last one). Their reasoning is because either
1: the guy sucks
2: is acting like a “kitten” because he is “telling”(or suggesting depending on how you look at it) people to do certain things. Everyone is fraustrated after wiping many times and I feel they tend to exert their fraustration out on the pug.

I personally think its a kitten move to kick any1 who has stuck with the team for 2+hours. If you are 3/5 or 4/5 guildies and you are stuck on a fractal, chances are you suck too.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious