Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

This is happening in my guild too. If you don’t make it in time to be first in line for the dungeon groups, you’re not getting your dungeons done.

and you’re not going to run them again casually with other people because there is no point (20 token, no silver drops etc).

And that is the heart of why I hate this patch. Being on PST, I’m going to be behind my east coast friends in starting dungeons after resets. And my Aussie and Kiwi friends are going to suffer even more in not being able to group with us easily.

If anet saw that we were earning TOO MANY tokens per hour or whatever, then why not just reduce the number of earned tokens per run yet allow us to earn the new maximum tokens without the daily gold with our alts? That was the main reason why I had alts kitted out for dungeons, to earn tokens faster.

This patch did nothing to keep you from playing with your friends. You all reset at the same time and if you’re actually friends then go ahead and play together whenever you want. Anet didn’t move your friends into other time zones.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Wraith.9426

Wraith.9426

Boohoo why can’t I do dailies with my alts and get the extra laurels!

Boohoo why can’t I do my monthly with my alts and get the extra laurels!

I’m sure there’s other crap too but circumventing time limitations by abusing alts leaves me with little sympathy.

Now those who legitimately want to get gear from a dungeon for multiple characters, that I can understand the complaint. Maybe make it so that tokens are character bound…problem solved!

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. I have 6 level 80s, so I have 6x as many weapons and pieces of armor to get as someone with only 1. Why is it such a big deal if I can gear them all in the same amount of time as a person with 1 gears if I put in 6x the work? With this change, I’m not allowed to put in more work than someone with 1 character, and instead just have to do it for 6x more days.

Blackgate ~~[Ons]laught~~

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

I’m sure there’s other crap too but circumventing time limitations by abusing alts leaves me with little sympathy.

Now those who legitimately want to get gear from a dungeon for multiple characters, that I can understand the complaint. Maybe make it so that tokens are character bound…problem solved!

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. I have 6 level 80s, so I have 6x as many weapons and pieces of armor to get as someone with only 1. Why is it such a big deal if I can gear them all in the same amount of time as a person with 1 gears if I put in 6x the work? With this change, I’m not allowed to put in more work than someone with 1 character, and instead just have to do it for 6x more days.

I guess the only solid reason is that the rewards are account bound and not soulbound and that they did not want people that spend hours a day grinding away on GW2 to get a massive leg up over more casual players by using those account bound things to gear up one character super quickly.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Player Character.9467

I guess the only solid reason is that the rewards are account bound and not soulbound and that they did not want people that spend hours a day grinding away on GW2 to get a massive leg up over more casual players by using those account bound things to gear up one character super quickly.

We’re talking about skins and a tiny fraction of runes. Not exactly a leg up and not something you NEED to get on all your alts, they’re skins.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Xavos.9357

Xavos.9357

this is so disappointing, I always look forward to my weekends because I have fun with running CoF p1-p2, AC p1-p3 on ALL my 5 characters. I have fun with em especially seeing the 60 tokens I receive, I really don’t have much care about the money that they nerfed, seeing my alts get rewarded with the tokens is good enough for me, but atm I don’t have the urge to play because what will I do, the things I love doing the most on my weekends are gone, I only do dailies then log out on my workdays, living story content is done in a matter of few hrs of gameplay, the alts I created and loved now are just gonna be placed in the back burners again, stored away in the cupboard

Xavos – Guardian
Rasz Algethi – Hunter
Fort Aspenwood

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Xavos.9357

there really isn’t any leg up, money wise there is but the armors you get are soulbound so there’s no leg up there also, i’m a casual player and I can only do dungeons on my weekends because on a daily basis I can only do dailies, sleep then back to work, so I always look forward to my weekends where I can gear up at least 1 of em or at least get some armor parts, but with this gate they put, it will take me months and years just to get the gear I want for my characters, and ive lost interest in using em, because they wont be rewarded anyway, I love my main that has the legendaries I will just use that

Xavos – Guardian
Rasz Algethi – Hunter
Fort Aspenwood

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Lambros Augustus.6594

Lambros Augustus.6594

Its stupid and they are sabotaging their game with this decision. But sometimes you have to do sound forensic tests before the truth is reflected in your bottom line.

I was going to buy something I missed buying last halloween the mad kings outfit for costume brawl that would have been a guaranteed sale. Along with some character slots down the road like I dont have a norn female but this change is so boneheaded its sapping my enjoyment.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Xavos.9357

Its stupid and they are sabotaging their game with this decision. But sometimes you have to do sound forensic tests before the truth is reflected in your bottom line.

I was going to buy something I missed buying last halloween the mad kings outfit for costume brawl that would have been a guaranteed sale. Along with some character slots down the road like I dont have a norn female but this change is so boneheaded its sapping my enjoyment.

yeah having alts is a way for them to make money because you like to gear them up and make them look good, but since your not gonna use em that much whats the point right??

I was planning to get the new medium armor skin in the gem store for my new upcoming thief but now i don’t have the urge to level him since he will have no use at all for me, and I also bought the aetherblade skins for my war and mesmer but now, its like they’re just mere display in my log in screen, I will use my guard since its the most loved character of mine

Xavos – Guardian
Rasz Algethi – Hunter
Fort Aspenwood

(edited by Xavos.9357)

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Clahadoor.5648

Clahadoor.5648

This is actually quite unacceptable at this point, starting to lose respect for Anet.
They didn’t even announce this change in the patches and even with this thread being over 100 responses, still no reply…This was a massive change for the dynamics of their dungeons the least they could do is update us on it instead of not replying and hoping we forget or ‘simmer’ down.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Zahrexsiiszb.8472

Zahrexsiiszb.8472

Thank you for token nerf. I always wanted to grind one dungeon for months to equip my new alts. End of sarkasm. Guys, still no change ? Seems gw2 is dead end for me.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

From my post in GD, it seems that people think dungeon token as are grinded by zerk farmers to get rares to salvages for ecto$$$. Dunno, maybe this is true, but i’ve never had enough exotic sets and alt sets and gear for alts that I could justify the use. But then, I’ve not been hard grinding since launch. Still, even people do do this, it doesn’t seem any more lucrative then hunting champs or world bosses.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Gary Bobby Ferguson.3980

Gary Bobby Ferguson.3980

Bumping this thread again. Moderator response requested..

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Really frustrating update. I have been leveling characters for months for tokens, and without any warning, HUGE token nerf. If we recieve 60 tokens once a day for just one character, then you should atleast make dungeon armor permanatly account bound. I use multiple armor sets for each character, so how do you expect me to gear up now? There is the option of buying armor right off the TP, but dungeons took a hard gold nerf too. There is the last option of buying armor with badges, but THAT GOT NERFED TOO!

Still expecting an official answer on this topic + wvw loot nerf

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

I have a long list of in game friends those I’ve run dungeons often or occasionally. The list stays at least 20 plus even at mid night PST. After the patch, 2 days in a row, the list drops to the low 10s around 10 PM PST. There is no reason for people to hang around to do anything once the token are nerfed.
This is the dumbest mistake Anet has made, bar none. The token nerfed.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Acerola.6407

Acerola.6407

Push because this can’t be high enough in the list …

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: DOW Mageski.2097

DOW Mageski.2097

This nerf is having a bigger issue also btw. If you do AC, all paths, with say pugs. Then your guild comes online and wants to do AC. You can join them, but your not going to get the reward.
Simple put, this divides guilds. Just like fractals did at the start. Before you could play with other fractal level players.

#OccupySAB2014 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Forgotten Vanguard [TFV], a 18+ great guild. On the Gandara server.
Join. http://forgottenvanguard.enjin.com/

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Dooie Jaak.4670

Dooie Jaak.4670

I`m so waiting for a response from Anet on this one. By far the worst thing they have ever done. Just look at the ammount of listings on lfg, they collapsed. Its really sad to see how they do the exact opposite of what they promised us in the guild wars trailers. Dont want people to be forced to grind —> make us do dungeons more often to get enough for an armor set or a decent amount of money. Is this fun??? (your words)
I was finally getting close to finishing my legendary weapon but without the tokens and the money I have no idea how I am supposed to get this precursor in a sane amount of time.And dont get me starting on how to get exotic armor for my last 3 characters ( without grinding for days/weeks/months ). The dungeons sure as hell aren`t worth the time anymore.
The update has only been a few day ago now and the activity in the guild and my friendslist has allready taken a huge hit.
Too bad they always seem to damper the enthousiasm of new content with some not-so-amusing “improvement” in the game system. plz stop spoiling the fun

ps: no comment on the new content, those are awesome

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: DaKillaOfHell.5907

DaKillaOfHell.5907

Most of the people didn’t even think about the most worse of that change:
Every week, we as guild do some kind of “starter event” for newbies in dungeons. We always have at least one starter in there. But let’s assume they have their first lvl 80 char without any exotic equip: How would they get one?

Gold/ BT? Oh wow, since most of the armor cost about 2-3 gold each part, that means about 20 gold only for that, not inclusive runes, sigils, weapons. For a starter it’s an impossible sum without guild help.

Karma? Come on, most of those stats aren’t really any good in PvE.

Crafting? Wow, invest about 10+ gold, and then investing more than 10 gold for materials except you already get them…nothing better than auction house.

Getting dungeon tokens? Wow, now you need to have much more time to do this. And sorry to say so, but we can sponsor only one starter in a group. Because eq is bad, it means lesser damage/heal, it means overall low performance. And it means for the people already being in that they need to make place or anything like that, because going dungeons two times a day isn’t rewarding at all.
Getting the tokens for only one complete armor is getting about a week or more, but only if taking all the ways. But in some dungeons, some ways are already not that easy (e.g. TA, Arah, AC), so it means that you already need to invest MORE time since some ways are only doable with a completely exotic group.

The only people that are rewarded: My kind, those people already having 5 characters at 80 and only bringing up an alt for fun and nothing more. I have full equip, but what about all those starters? In the last sum of updates, they got handicapped greatly. First the living story with all those exclusive updates like, for example, new runes/sigils. Secondly the Anet point system, rewarding every 500 account points by gold and rewarding point farmers but actual no casual players; and on top of that now the dungeon token nerf, making it way harder to get full equipped characters.

Now it is not rewarded at all spending more time than “allowed” by Arenanet to play GW2.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

The main gripe I have is that previously I could ask my guild if anyone wanted to run a dungeon and get something going. The main dungeon runners have alts, so we are easy with going with whatever dungeon is suggested/requested.

Now that there is a disincentive to repeat a dungeon I’m seeing dungeon parties not fill from within the guild because people who would normally join on an alt (myself included), no longer want to because they ran it earlier.

Happened to me today. It sucked.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Player Character.9467

Every week, we as guild do some kind of “starter event” for newbies in dungeons. We always have at least one starter in there. But let’s assume they have their first lvl 80 char without any exotic equip: How would they get one?

Gold/ BT? Oh wow, since most of the armor cost about 2-3 gold each part, that means about 20 gold only for that, not inclusive runes, sigils, weapons. For a starter it’s an impossible sum without guild help.

Crafting? Wow, invest about 10+ gold, and then investing more than 10 gold for materials except you already get them…nothing better than auction house.

Getting dungeon tokens? Wow, now you need to have much more time to do this. And sorry to say so, but we can sponsor only one starter in a group. Because eq is bad, it means lesser damage/heal, it means overall low performance. And it means for the people already being in that they need to make place or anything like that, because going dungeons two times a day isn’t rewarding at all.
Getting the tokens for only one complete armor is getting about a week or more, but only if taking all the ways. But in some dungeons, some ways are already not that easy (e.g. TA, Arah, AC), so it means that you already need to invest MORE time since some ways are only doable with a completely exotic group.

The only people that are rewarded: My kind, those people already having 5 characters at 80 and only bringing up an alt for fun and nothing more. I have full equip, but what about all those starters? In the last sum of updates, they got handicapped greatly. First the living story with all those exclusive updates like, for example, new runes/sigils. Secondly the Anet point system, rewarding every 500 account points by gold and rewarding point farmers but actual no casual players; and on top of that now the dungeon token nerf, making it way harder to get full equipped characters.

Now it is not rewarded at all spending more time than “allowed” by Arenanet to play GW2.

MANY paths are soloable so they could be running with you long before they hit 80, you can take more than 1 new person, and dungeon gear is only special for the skins not some magically better exotic stats than regular exotic.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Dooie Jaak.4670

MANY paths are soloable so they could be running with you long before they hit 80, you can take more than 1 new person, and dungeon gear is only special for the skins not some magically better exotic stats than regular exotic.

Soloable?? are you even playing the game?? and even so, people allready were running dungeons before lvl 80, it still doesn`t change the fact that you`ll be spending a whole lot more time in the dungeons for an armor set. As DaKillaOfHell.5907 allready said, thsi is the only way for new players because the prices are too high on the TP. same with precursors and certain crafting materials of which I read another post where they said they`d look into that … months ago … never happened.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Eleir.9325

Eleir.9325

It seems that this dungeon reward reknewal which was supposed to make people run more dungeons is having the adverse effect. More people are just annoyed at this point than before the patch and are wanting to do less runs.

(Lv. 80 Necromancer)Ash Grimbane [MEAN] – DarkHaven

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Chryzo.8906

Chryzo.8906

I divided by pretty much a factor of 3 the number of dungeon I run. In addition, I don’t even bother anymore going with PUGs. I do my dungeon with guilds and friends.

And am supposed to be one of the mentor for the arah LFM guild… yeah right… this patch kinda killed me on being a mentor since i gain absolutely nothing of helping new players in any dungeon

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Player Character.9467

Soloable?? are you even playing the game?? and even so, people allready were running dungeons before lvl 80, it still doesn`t change the fact that you`ll be spending a whole lot more time in the dungeons for an armor set. As DaKillaOfHell.5907 allready said, thsi is the only way for new players because the prices are too high on the TP. same with precursors and certain crafting materials of which I read another post where they said they`d look into that … months ago … never happened.

Yes, soloable, because some of us ACTUALLY play the game.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

Bumped for great justice..or lack of it so far.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

I guess they don’t want people running dungeons, they want people farming the queens gauntlet….if they make dungeons utterly worthless to the point no one does them, they’ll never have to fix them and they can focus solely on the 2 week carnival rotation… :o it all makes sense now. /tinfoilhat

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Dooie Jaak.4670

Yes, soloable, because some of us ACTUALLY play the game.

Yeah, lets start calling people noob immediately, really mature. at least it show that I dont have to take you serious anymore.
Just to be curious, which of those “many” paths are soloable then (note that having to spend hours to do it doesn`t really solve the original problem here)

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

AC Path 1, AC Path 3, CM 3, TA F/U, SE 1+3, HotW 1, Arah 2+3.
Plenty others aswell, basically any dungeon without events requiring multiple players.

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/user/wethospu

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by Dub.1273)

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Chryzo.8906

Chryzo.8906

Arah path 2 & 3 (specific classes for 3 though) (and without exploits)
TA Up as guardian works though spiders stone is a pain

Others are easily duoed (CM 1&3, SE 1&3, CoE if exploit still works to pass lasers, TA F/F)
Some can be trioed (CoF 3, TA F/U, Arah P4)
Quadro: all of them maybe even CoF1, i really need to check if pets can actually kill the thingy or not some times, or if they can act as a control on a pillar using zone defense.

Also, look up some dungeon naked run, might help you in understanding how you can actually bring low level players / newbies to runs

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: arcana.2694

arcana.2694

I’m gonna say this because it really needs to be said.

They clearly stated that the changes to dungeons were going to be account bound.

To encourage players to participate in a wider array of dungeon content, we’ve designed the system so if you complete the same dungeon path twice in one day, you’ll receive the normal reward for completion, but won’t receive the bonus gold reward again during that day.

source; https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

That means that 20 tokens is the base rate of reward for each dungeon path and anything else you get was bonus. That’s why when people were running a multiple path they were getting less tokens until they hit on the base tokens (20)

I will admit it looks slightly poorly worded, it could have said bonus rewards or bonus gold and tokens but it assumed that the average reader understood that there was a bonus element to the tokens received also.

You can argue that this is the worst thing to hit the game because Anet are Altist all you want, this change is actually a good thing. just because you cant grind out a dungeon set in 2 days with 6 characters anymore dosn’t mean its hard to get gear for alts, all those badges of honor from your achievement rewards, guess what you can actually buy gear with them in WvW, shocker i know!

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

Its a shocker of a change if you play only on fri,sat,sun. The 60 tokens makes the dungeon worth doing as i’m only interested in the tokens for gear, the loot is pointless crapola. I have 1 char of each class and i want to armour them all up in some of the cool dungeon skins but now thats going to take several weeks per char as opposed to a few days per char. I’d rather dungeon tokens remained at 60 per but the mobs dropped no loot at all just bosses.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Arsalan.5240

Arsalan.5240

I’m gonna say this because it really needs to be said.

They clearly stated that the changes to dungeons were going to be account bound.

To encourage players to participate in a wider array of dungeon content, we’ve designed the system so if you complete the same dungeon path twice in one day, you’ll receive the normal reward for completion, but won’t receive the bonus gold reward again during that day.

source; https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/

That means that 20 tokens is the base rate of reward for each dungeon path and anything else you get was bonus. That’s why when people were running a multiple path they were getting less tokens until they hit on the base tokens (20)

I will admit it looks slightly poorly worded, it could have said bonus rewards or bonus gold and tokens but it assumed that the average reader understood that there was a bonus element to the tokens received also.

You can argue that this is the worst thing to hit the game because Anet are Altist all you want, this change is actually a good thing. just because you cant grind out a dungeon set in 2 days with 6 characters anymore dosn’t mean its hard to get gear for alts, all those badges of honor from your achievement rewards, guess what you can actually buy gear with them in WvW, shocker i know!

Trying to tell people to read and understand while failing to read and understand what you yourself just quoted….

There is no mention of dungeon tokens. There is no mention of what the base reward is. Are we supposed to conjure those out of nowhere?

You want to artifically inflate how fast you get dungeon gear? Go ahead. I only have a few days a week to play and I could get a dungeon set or most of it before this ninja nerf that no one at Anet seems to want to talk about. I highly suspect this has to do with the new wallet system and they are unable to separate currencies. THis led to the Fractal recipes being changed and now this.

Just great.
/s

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Talissa Chan.7208

Talissa Chan.7208

ok, theres quite a bit too much talk about cash from dungeons being the reason we’re in there so lets clarify a bit. If i’m setting foot in a dungeon its because i want that sexy looking gear or stat combination of gear. If the mobs dropped nothing and the armour was unsalvagable or if salvaged only gave 2 mithril thats fine by me, i’m not running cof for anything except that armour for my new war/guar/rang/eng (i have 1 of each class). Now that the tokens are dropped to tiny tiny amounts after run 1 its extremely difficult to acquire those tokens by doing guild runs etc as frankly at 20 tokens per no-one else wants to set foot in there either. 60 tokens per alt was a great way to get the look you want (and you’d buy the trans crystals in the store to mix look with stats…just saying anet) and also meant the other folks in your guild would go “oh yeah, i’ll go as my ele, haven’t run him today” Now its back to dungeons being a ghosttown filled only with those there to grind out the gold from them.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: shrach.2587

shrach.2587

Aside from these things there is a consistency issue. People are making more from farming certain events continually than even the bonus rate of rewards from dungeons.

Also didn’t the Aetherblade retreat have a reward with no DR at all? No DR at all seems fine if you put some actual thought into the rewards.

While not strictly about tokens, the current solution is clearly not perfect and it’s obvious to anyone who has looked at the distribution of the rewards per path that not much thought was put into it.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

ok, theres quite a bit too much talk about cash from dungeons being the reason we’re in there so lets clarify a bit. If i’m setting foot in a dungeon its because i want that sexy looking gear or stat combination of gear. If the mobs dropped nothing and the armour was unsalvagable or if salvaged only gave 2 mithril thats fine by me, i’m not running cof for anything except that armour for my new war/guar/rang/eng (i have 1 of each class). Now that the tokens are dropped to tiny tiny amounts after run 1 its extremely difficult to acquire those tokens by doing guild runs etc as frankly at 20 tokens per no-one else wants to set foot in there either. 60 tokens per alt was a great way to get the look you want (and you’d buy the trans crystals in the store to mix look with stats…just saying anet) and also meant the other folks in your guild would go “oh yeah, i’ll go as my ele, haven’t run him today” Now its back to dungeons being a ghosttown filled only with those there to grind out the gold from them.

Some of us cant stand to farm events for money. We only do dungeons. As much as I disagree with the token nerf. The change overall has benefited me. I can make a lot of gold in a couple of hours now. I could never do cof p1 for longer than 30 mins or id die of boredom so making dungeon variety more rewarding has made me earn faster and enjoy myself while doing it.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Arsalan.5240

Some of us cant stand to farm events for money. We only do dungeons. As much as I disagree with the token nerf. The change overall has benefited me. I can make a lot of gold in a couple of hours now. I could never do cof p1 for longer than 30 mins or id die of boredom so making dungeon variety more rewarding has made me earn faster and enjoy myself while doing it.

How about they keep the bonus gold reward accountwide and fix the token reward to go back to how it was before patch?

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: SandFlute.4896

SandFlute.4896

what OP is trying to say is" i was exploiting a feature of the game to farm more tokens than i should, please allow me to cheat again".

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Arsalan.5240

what OP is trying to say is" i was exploiting a feature of the game to farm more tokens than i should, please allow me to cheat again".

Ha! Nice try. Anet specifically put that function of the token rewards in the game. It was not an exploit.

Ninja nerfing something so huge and important to so many people and not even mentioning it in the patch notes nor even 1 post in this thread shows something about Anet.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Kirschwasser.3972

Kirschwasser.3972

Did they explicitly and purposefully make the reward per character? Did they, at any point, say that was the intention of the system? It seems to me, considering the rewards everywhere else across the game, that that wasn’t intended.

I don’t get the issue. I have full SE gear, full CoF gear on both my Guardian and my Engineer, one of every AC weapon that my Guardian and Engineer can use, several pieces of HotW gear, several CoE weapons, several SE weapons, two CM weapons, and a TA weapon and I never did paths on one character, then went back and did them on my other. Hell, I didn’t even farm CoF, I just did it whenever the tokens refreshed for it because I wanted the fiery gear.

So… it doesn’t seem terribly difficult to get geared out. I’ve got enough gear for three or four characters on two.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Tywele.7812

Tywele.7812

I would already be happy if they would swap the bonus 40 tokens with the base 20 tokens so we would have the 20 tokens as bonus per day per account and 40 tokens as a base token reward. This would maybe fix it a bit and could be done easily.

The word “ranger” does not originate from the
word “range” but from “to range”.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

Did they explicitly and purposefully make the reward per character? Did they, at any point, say that was the intention of the system

Yes it was, alts used to be affected by some form of token DR which is something they had explicitly lifted up.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Acerola.6407

I thought I might push this again …

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

I play dungeons at ocenic hours and I am hitting refresh on gw2lfg for 20 min for HOTW… No one post. I guess people fisnished thier daily dungeon run?

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

BBMouse.6510

30 min now, I am updating this real time XD. Anyhow, I am going to eat dinner and see if there are posts later. Just hope Anet notices that people have trouble lfg now in certain time zone. BTW, I miseed HOTW, CM, SE, COE, and Arah for days. I guess thee are popular and people do it asap. The only dungeons that are active at my time zone now is cof, ac, and sometimes ta (ta takes some time to find people too). The gold reward is good only if you get to play.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

BBMouse.6510

Ok, I come back from dinner. Including my earlier post, it has been an hour. The only dungeons that seem to be active over these period were AC, COF, TA, and Arah. The rest look empty (not even any history). This is at 7:30 AM USA east coast time (7:30 PM my time). You could get a staff to verify that. Unless no one cares about the minority player base over here.

If you are afraid of people gold farming, how about just have the reward reset every 2 hour. If there are people HC enough to do the same dungeon every 2 hours, they deserve the reward. And at least it won’t look so empty on gw2lfg. I am not going to click on reflesh the gw2lfg the rest of the night XD. I don’t even care about alts getting the same amount of 60 tokens any more. Just need to get into a group reliabily is more important now.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

BBMouse.6510

It has been 2 hours lfg for hotw p1 XD. There was once 1 group came up lf1m, and it was full in 3 sec… Oh well, I am going to miss some dungeon runs today again XD. The game is really designed to keep people from playing what they want. Got to change it soon. I don’t want to reflesh lfg the whole night for nothing everyday.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: shrach.2587

shrach.2587

I don’t get the issue.

Look at the extreme example. Who is going to run Arah4 for 20 tokens and no gold reward? Eg: no bonus chest at all. I would suggest few people are going to do this.

At this end of the scale it becomes blatantly clear that the bonus chest is not a bonus chest at all and is really part of the standard reward that the vast majority of people in the game will still turn their nose up at every day.

Now take a look at the rewards as a whole and ask yourself how much thought was put into them?

Making an alt and getting it to 80 and gearing it up is something everyone can do and it’s what you had to do before to earn fairly standard rewards. You did have to spend time and effort doing this. Or you could run cof1 over and over and not bother to play alts and still actually make more money.

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Bugabuga.9721

Bugabuga.9721

Maybe the reason for this was so that people would log in “daily” versus playing all the time? Pretty much all of the changes recently go for that — you’re supposed to do dailies, “bonuses” degrade rapidly if you overstay your welcome etc.

We should wait until after the Pavilion fun time is over to see the “final” token nerf impact. Given the rate of loot there people certainly are less interested in regular dungeons so “20 tokens for regular run” is meh compared to “get 3 rares during same timeframe”

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

As much as I hate this change I don’t think much will be done about it. NCSoft/Anet has found that time gating gives them something they really like and it looks like time gating everything is the ultimate direction of this game.

Oceanic [LOD]

Hard Dungeon Token Nerf

Acerola.6407

Push because we better have more than one thread about this up there