Hostile PvE dungeon community!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

I read the patch notes but didn’t see this….

Since when I have to link all my gears to the whole party after entering a dungeon? And if I refuse to do so, I get kicked right away.

Since when if I get downed during a boss fight, I get kicked from the dungeon?

Since when if I don’t know the new (post-patch) spot to stack for the boss, I get kicked from the dungeon?

Personally I don’t care as I have already done my share of PvE dungeon and fractals; but this is unacceptable and ANet should do something about it for the sake of the new players.

Betrayed by the gods of ANet

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

During my first keg brawl, I was verbally assaulted because I didn’t know what i was doing. Therefore the entire keg brawl community should be banned or the rules changed.

Sorry this happened to you. But sometimes people will be kitties. If you joined an experienced berserker lfg without adhering to those specs, I’m sorry, but that’s on you. Otherwise it’s on them.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Ya human being are so rude, Anet should ban them, they are toxic to the community.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

Ah I missed these threads

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Zylonite.5913

Ya human being are so rude, Anet should ban them, they are toxic to the community.

No where on my post I mentioned that ANet should ban anyone. Not sure why you got that impression. I don’t think anyone should be banned….just saying this kind of behavior should get more attention from ANet, otherwise what is the point of LFG tool.

Zylonite.5913

No where on my post I mentioned that ANet should ban anyone. Not sure why you got that impression. I don’t think anyone should be banned….just saying this kind of behavior should get more attention from ANet, otherwise what is the point of LFG tool.

Zylonite.5913

Glad you are entertained.

Posted by: Lamir.6702

Lamir.6702

You forgot to mention: Since when if I don’t want to skip mobs, I get kicked from the dungeon?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I agree. They should do something about people who don’t read or respect lfg messages.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Since when I have to link all my gears to the whole party after entering a dungeon? And if I refuse to do so, I get kicked right away.

Since when if I don’t know the new (post-patch) spot to stack for the boss, I get kicked from the dungeon?

Personally I don’t care as I have already done my share of PvE dungeon and fractals; but this is unacceptable and ANet should do something about it for the sake of the new players.

What did the LFG notes say? Did they happen to mention things like “Ping gear” “lvl 80 experienced(exp)”, “speed run”, “zerk” or any other keywords that should let you know that the players are looking for optimized speed run with the generally accepted meta’s? If you don’t fit the criteria posted, then don’t join. If you do fit the criteria, pinging your gear takes like 5seconds, don’t be so lazy.

My group typically posts “80 zerk exp” nice simple, but we more often than not have people who don’t fit that at all. Had a 600 AP bearbow pop in last night, he did his best to screw it up but we got through without a wipe, but by the end I had to tell him that he was doing everything wrong. He quite literally screwed up every encounter. We would have kicked him, except I hate kicking people, and we only had one of the hardasses from our guild in the group, so he got to stay =), but man…

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I agree that the community is generally intolerant when it comes to dungeon runs. However, the speed running players are looking for a 15 minute run compared to a 150 minute run. That’s the genuine difference you can get between experienced players and inexperienced players in your group. From one perspective that’s good, as dungeons are hard for beginners and easy for experts, but it does push speed groups towards experienced players.

(edited by Stooperdale.3560)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

But that’s my opinion. Since when I can’t say that don’t like human. But ok

Ya human being are so rude, Anet should look at all LFG post and make a moral judgement and delete in real time all of those that don’t fit their values.

But seriously. That’s what normal people do, they are not bad people or good people they just don’t think about everything that could happen and just play the game as they want.

Hey I want to do a casual run, lets post a LFG. Oh kitten a level 38 join my AC run. Didn’t think of that. But I don’t want to run with a low level. I don’t want to carry him, i don’t know all the other guys in the group, maybe they are all bad and the run could end up a nightmare. kitten that, i’ll just kick him.

Hey I want to do a casual run, lets post a LFG. Oh kitten this guys don’t stack like the last 30 pugs did? People still don’t know or want to stack here? Didn’t think of that. That screw up things since we are not on the same page and now the party get wipe because of that. I can either have a conversation or 20min with the guys in the middle of a 15min run or …. kitten that i’ll just kick him.

Hey I want to do a speed run, lets pots a LFG where i ask for Zerker. Oh kitten, a lot of other people ask for zerker without asking for gear check, but I want to gear check because in the past a lot of people join me on kittenty build and leach on my run even I a speed run is exactly what i asked for. Oh but ya, the LFG description is not all shown if its too long, so nobody saw my the gear check but i don’t know that, so i get upset so kitten that i’ll kick.

Ya Anet should really look into all those random events and do something about normal messy human interaction that happen all the time.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Glad you are entertained.

Attachments:

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Oh cool, gearchecking is a regular thing now? I always thought it needed to be the default requirement but it really is too much trouble for the average pug run. If more people are doing it on a regular basis though maybe the pugs will finally learn.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

The best thing about LFG posts that when you join into a party the full message shows up in your chat …

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

My LFG, my rules. Abide or get kicked, it’s that simple.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

I ping my zerk gear but wear equally skinned clerics.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Izaya.2906

Izaya.2906

Since the time you can read & understand the description on LFG and avoid “zerk only, ping gear or get kicked” groups.

Seriously, no one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to join these parties.

They are just exercising their right to “play how I want”, the only difference is they don’t wanna play with non-like minded people.

I totally agree, anet should REQUIRE you to read a party description first, maybe the LFG poster can add a key word to the LFG post(after the description is read) and the joiner needs to type that word and a confirmation asking if the joiner has read and understood the description.

I know some people would still ignore everything but it kinda helps a bit to force some players to see the description. These guys who don’t read/understand the LFG description and force their own ways into premade parties are total jerks.

Jerus.4350

Since the time you can read & understand the description on LFG and avoid “zerk only, ping gear or get kicked” groups.

Seriously, no one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to join these parties.

They are just exercising their right to “play how I want”, the only difference is they don’t wanna play with non-like minded people.

I totally agree, anet should REQUIRE you to read a party description first, maybe the LFG poster can add a key word to the LFG post(after the description is read) and the joiner needs to type that word and a confirmation asking if the joiner has read and understood the description.

I know some people would still ignore everything but it kinda helps a bit to force some players to see the description. These guys who don’t read/understand the LFG description and force their own ways into premade parties are total jerks.

LFG Captchas? lol =b

Posted by: Tarug.7369

Tarug.7369

LFG Captchas? lol =b

Depending on the dungeon, that would be the most challenging step in the whole run. I always fail at captchas…

Nina Tarug [NP] – mesmer
“You’re a bitter man," said Candide.
“That’s because I’ve lived in the dungeon forum,” said Martin.

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

died

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I agree. They should do something about people who don’t read or respect lfg messages.

This. If people are to be punished for wanting a run to go smooth, claiming only people with meta builds and confirmed best stats currently available to join, then whoever joins a team with said specific requests, without matching those requests, should be double-punished for such lack of brain.

\||||||/
O°v°O

Lilith Ajit.6173

died

:)

[ARES]

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

Most people who run dungeons will not kick you if you die after a boss (kitten happens) but there are a few kittenes who do.

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.

Jerus.4350

LFG Captchas? lol =b

Depending on the dungeon, that would be the most challenging step in the whole run. I always fail at captchas…

Yeah, sometimes I question if it’s letters and numbers or just ink blots.

“ok, so it’s, “K” “Butterfly?” “Banana” “square” WTF?" I think I average like 5 refreshes per captcha

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

Welcome to the present! If you plan on hoping on more PUGs for dungeons or anything of the like you better go zerk or go home!
It’s sad to see this mindset spread throughout the community, but oh well each player is entitled to play however he/she likes.
If you wish to clear content with a build of your own choosing/doing and how you want it then you’ll need to find a group of like-minded individuals, because there’s no room for that in the PUG scene.
ArenaNet needs to push out more dungeons like TA Aetherpath, now that’s something fun to do!

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

Maybe add that little box like the “I agree to the terms and conditions”

(edited by xallever.1874)

Posted by: Cotser.7015

Cotser.7015

If you join a group that says gearcheck, it’s perfectly reasonable for them to check gear
if you join a group that says experienced, it’s perfectly reasonable for them to expect you to be experienced.

If you join a group and are not what was requested, it’s perfectly reasonable for them to kick you.

King of the Nightstand dynasty
I like dungeons and Ikea.
aka Cotscene.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

If you join a group that says gearcheck, it’s perfectly reasonable for them to check gear
if you join a group that says experienced, it’s perfectly reasonable for them to expect you to be experienced.

If you join a group and are not what was requested, it’s perfectly reasonable for them to kick you.

Yet I still get flamed/abused/reported whenever I kick someone for clearing not knowing how to stealth skip in CM when I clearly state experienced zerkers.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

snip

Welcome to the present! If you plan on hoping on more PUGs for dungeons or anything of the like you better go zerk or go home!
It’s sad to see this mindset spread throughout the community, but oh well each player is entitled to play however he/she likes.
If you wish to clear content with a build of your own choosing/doing and how you want it then you’ll need to find a group of like-minded individuals, because there’s no room for that in the PUG scene.
ArenaNet needs to push out more dungeons like TA Aetherpath, now that’s something fun to do!

I req Zerk meta builds only for TA aether I have never beaten it with non meta non zerkers why? because usually people who are confident they are using meta know wtf they’re doing :P Also many people here don’t have the “zerk or go home mentality” it’s more like “I’d rather not play with people who waste my time,” at least that’s how I see it. I don’t care if you use a scrub build/gear just don’t be in my group and we are fine.

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

There are a significant portion of dungeon runners who are jerks. By significant I mean greater than 5%, in fact it’s possibly as high as 10%. Since society runs at about 20% though I think that number is pretty good. My definition of “jerk” also includes n00bs who won’t tell you it’s their first run when asked and won’t go with the team tactics when they are called out.

Personally I really like the box of chocolates that is PUGging, but it does lead to some frustrating groups on occasion. Just remember 10% are jerks, but the number seems higher because you are going to run into them every second or third group and bad experiences have a habit of sticking in your mind.

Also if you don’t read the description, perhaps you’re the jerk. I run zerker armour, and a mix of trinkets (mainly celestial for WvW) so I don’t join zerker only runs, and have never been asked to ping my gear.

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

The dude abides.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Posted by: Oliver.4017

Oliver.4017

I stopped at this. This is great. XD This deserves x1000 upvotes lol

Posted by: rainynoble.6531

rainynoble.6531

The first one about your refusal to link gear is your fault, it is like going to a restaurant and refuses to pay.

the rest are just baddies parties.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

I feel like this type of thread are made by players who don’t actually have much experience with online game, particularly competitive game modes.

If you think the dungeon/pugging community is “hostile” then I’d really like to hear your opinion about the TPVP community. Even the most foul mouthed dungeon runner has nothing over the typical tpvp player.

Also I’ve been a troll in many pugs without ever being kicked, so I can’t help but wonder how much of a baddy you need to be to get kicked from pugs that often.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

(edited by Nikaido.3457)

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Great, now I feel like the scum of the earth for doing both dungeons and tpvp. Ah well.

Posted by: Oliver.4017

Oliver.4017

Great, now I feel like the scum of the earth for doing both dungeons and tpvp. Ah well.

I’m satin incarnate.

Posted by: Laar.5476

Laar.5476

I’m satin incarnate.

What incarnation of satin are you? A party dress? Lingerie? Shoes? Sheets?

I hope you’re sheets, summer is coming and they are totally nice when it gets hot out.

Posted by: OMNIBUS.2913

OMNIBUS.2913

I’ve only been kicked once or twice by trolls who were kitten cuz i asked them to do something having far more experience in the dungeon than them. However i have noticed that many dungeon runners get really annoyed by the slightest mistakes even if its not a wipe. So while dungeon community is not that great..imo its not as bad as your making it out to be.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Inspecting gear is a part of games, not just Guild Wars. In Diablo 3, It has an option called “Inspect Gear” which you can see other peoples items, every last detail, and guess how many people used that on everyone who came in the run? Alot.

In GW2, Even if 25% of the population asks to show gear/ping, its not nearly as hostile as some MMO’s or games, because like I said, in D3, nearly 75% of games would gear check you, thats what I call hostile.

GW2 is the farthest thing from that

Posted by: AtriustheGod.6785

AtriustheGod.6785

Inspecting gear is a part of games, not just Guild Wars. In Diablo 3, It has an option called “Inspect Gear” which you can see other peoples items, every last detail, and guess how many people used that on everyone who came in the run? Alot.

In GW2, Even if 25% of the population asks to show gear/ping, its not nearly as hostile as some MMO’s or games, because like I said, in D3, nearly 75% of games would gear check you, thats what I call hostile.

GW2 is the farthest thing from that

Not only is the option to inspect gear in the game, your gear is public on your forum profile. Try posting on the D3 forums and getting responses like “Yeah well you run (insert item name or SKILL bar here) so your opinion isn’t valid because you’re trash.”

Welcome to the internet. There are plenty of great people to be found here, but among the masses are the lowest of the low in lowlives. And verbal abuse is the tip of the iceberg. You have hackers, sexual predators, identity thiefs, etc. No matter what internet community you join, you’re going to find people like that. And unfortunately there’s no way to completely get rid of them, you just have to deal with it.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

This.

Stuff like this is a bigger problem for the community.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

By the way, why doesn’t the dear op mention playhowiwants abusing you for kicking them? and why doesn’t he mention the queensdale farmers abusing noobies for killing a champ? Not long ago, I was leveling my warrior in queensdale and I had to disable map chat because I couldn’t focus with all those insults going on.

I’ll gloss over the sensationalist exaggerations such as “if you get downed you get kicked”.

Dungeon community? I say you don’t see very clearly what the problem is. The problem is… wait for it… people. And as different as you might think you are, you’re a person too.
People are mean.
If you’re the kind of player that simply can’t withstand conflict and rudeness without crumbling, I can empathise: I was like that too. I still am in a way – and it’s all my fault. Your fault too. You can’t change how people behave, but you can change how you react to them.
Not saying I can’t be a rude jerk, I totally can.
Are a few kicks enough for you to demand anet to do something about it… doing what? How would you suggest they track down why you got kicked?

Are you the kind of player that freaks out and reports everyone? I had a french guy reporting me even if he didn’t understand what we were typing to him. He didn’t grasp what dungeon we were doing, and I couldn’t explain it to him, even though I was scrambling with the french dictionary, trying to form a sentence (while fighting Malrona, then you come back at me and say I’m rude, you kitten playhowiwants).
From the beginning – before wurm – to Malrona – and we even waited…
…he was talking random french stuff in chat, waiting at fireheart rise. And then he even got upset when we kicked him after 5 minutes of him not joining the instance, pmed me and threatened me! Really. We were almost at the last boss, for pete’s sake, and I didn’t want him to leech the dungeon. How do you think anet could keep track of that?

If you get kicked right away on gear ping because you’re some apothecary ranger trying to join an experienced party, how do you think they’d keep track of that?

Unless… haha… unless you’d like the kick function to disappear?
- may I redirect you to gw1 UW speedclear with pugs -

Improvements could be made on the lfg, true, but… let’s assume they add built-in gear checks and tick boxes where you can choose which prof or level of ap/experience you want, and nobody can join if they don’t conform. There should be less kicks that way, right? Would you be happy? of course not, you’d be complaining that they encourage “elitism” and “hostility”. Bah.

If your problem is to be found in people being jerks and insulting you, then there’s the report button: verbal abuse. Isn’t that enough? then send a ticket with a screen to anet.

Honestly, I’m sick and tired of people popping in the dungeon section and flinging kitten at everyone, demanding for stuff to be done left and right when we don’t get a serious dungeon update in months.
What is anet supposed to do? Suspend everyone that uses a “bad” (such a childish adjective) word? disable whispers? disable the party chat on join?
Owait, you already can do that yourself.
But then you’d complain that they – rightfully so – kicked you because you weren’t following the party’s directions.

And please, don’t come back at me claiming you’re doing this “for the betterment of the game” or because you’re some kind of paladin of the community, else I’ll get really… nothing, I’ll just /sigh and let you marinate in the salt of yer tears.

With a little bit of origano.

Imma make some fresh pasta now. I’ll unleash my rage on the dough, it always relaxes me.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

There’s nothing they can do because this is what the players want.
The players want experience and proper gear, good understanding of the dungeon in order to get rewards the fastest.
I suggest finding more “casual” parties.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

I see 3 reasons for your issue:
1. you have reading disabilities and join groups that are asking for zerker + ping gear only
2. the people in the party are idiots/trolls/masochists
3. the people in the party messed up their LFG

Judging by the fact that most pugs don’t even ask for ping gear (in my experience, the “zerk only” groups never ask even when I ask if they want me to ping gear), I would say that it’s either 1 or 3.

And I’ve only been kicked once for not stacking with PUGs, even though I am not very familiar with the newer dumb pug stacking spots.

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

By the way, why doesn’t the dear op mention playhowiwants abusing you for kicking them? and why doesn’t he mention the queensdale farmers abusing noobies for killing a champ? Not long ago, I was leveling my warrior in queensdale and I had to disable map chat because I couldn’t focus with all those insults going on.

I do this all the time, it’s hilarious. My favorite thing to do when Champ Slayer/Event Completer daily comes up is to go to Queensdale, kill the Oakheart, then ping with the waypoint with “Oak is up” and watch as like 100+ people come and sit BY THE DEAD OAKHEART waiting for it to spawn. If you time it right you can usually snipe the next champ in the train before they realize they’ve been duped, too.

You used to be able to snipe the giant farmers the same way, people would kitten about sniping but still bring the giant down to a sliver before yelling to pull out. If they’d just been smart and ditched the giant at like 50% when I was standing there with my KILLING THE GIANT guild tag and karma banner I probably wouldn’t have bothered trying to solo it down from 50%.

Posted by: LadyTrouble.6920

LadyTrouble.6920

The dungeon community is not hostile; society functions the same way. If you do not have the grades that meet the school requirements, the school does not accept you. And if you apply for a job, and do no meet the job requirements, you don’t get hired. The school wants to teach a certain kind of student, the employer wants a competent person who can add value, and the gamer wants a smooth dungeon run. How is a dungeon different?

I pug every day. I have not been kicked from party *knock on wood. I have never been asked to ping my gear, even though I wish they did ; it was very clear in some instances that not every one in the group was in zerker. OP, I’m sorry you came across some terrible people.

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

They just need to do what they have been avoiding this entire time since LFG was implemented….add filters for gear type and primary stat types into the tool.

Problem would be solved. No more pings necessary. You know exactly what type of build/player you are getting. Maybe even take it a step further and not allow those not meeting these filter requirements to even see the LFG request. That eliminates all the QQ that brought about this ferocity change to begin with. No more joining to either get kicked or drag the group down. Everyone gets to play how they want…which as I understand it is the original intent.

Those wanting no skips, no stacking, zero damage gear, etc…can have their 2 hour runs and those wanting speed runs can have their 15-20 minute clears.

(edited by ODB.6891)

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

This.

Stuff like this is a bigger problem for the community.

The only things you should be allowed to change once in a party are weapons and traits. That would solve that problem.