in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

Its such a simple mechanic.

Milk the Ghost eater with the ghost gun’s function 1

Call a ghost glob
If you see Yellow beams, you activate your green beam
If you see green beams you activate your yellow beam

Pull globs into the traps (if there are globs within an active trap, then use function 1 to pick em up and let the trap suck them in)
Lure ghost eater into the trap

Hit him hard
He turns into a ghost
Repeat process.

Yet despite me explaining how this mechanic works, I get pugs who stand around without the ghost guns.
Pugs who keep hitting him when hes still a ghost…

Its just, omg really really sad to see people struggling with such an easy mechanic.
hes not even that hard to beat.

I literally learned this watching a guild I pugged with and understood the mechanics within the time span of the first trap.

How Is AC Path 2 So hard for some people

Posted by: Coldkiller.3152

Coldkiller.3152

Green and yellow, should be lots of fun for me as I’m colorblind between those two…

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

Green and yellow, should be lots of fun for me as I’m colorblind between those two…

If you see a beam on ooze but it is not lifted, use beam 1.
If you see a beam on ooze and it is lifted, use beam 2.

Posted by: Nilkemia.8507

Nilkemia.8507

You do realize that during all that, the Ghost Eater is constantly attacking you with wells that can drop you in seconds, right?

In addition to this, depending on the amount of oozes around, and their proximity to the traps and the Ghost Eater trying to kill you unless it bugs out for a moment, this requires coordination that simply isn’t possible with the in-game chat system.

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

You do realize that during all that, the Ghost Eater is constantly attacking you with wells that can drop you in seconds, right?

In addition to this, depending on the amount of oozes around, and their proximity to the traps and the Ghost Eater trying to kill you unless it bugs out for a moment, this requires coordination that simply isn’t possible with the in-game chat system.

The wells are dangerous, true. But I wouldn’t call them constant, and I would definitely call them avoidable. You can actually see them being spat at you, so there’s a bit of a heads up to start walking / prepare a roll. Personally I’m more afraid of his vapor blade x 7 attack.

As to coordinating on oozes: CALL A TARGET. That function (Along with Assist Target, for which the keybind will show up in your chat log when someone calls a target) is in the game for this exact reason.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: Falunel.7645

Falunel.7645

Actually, only once have I had the Ghost Eater attack my group when we were charging traps, and it was remedied by simply running out of the room. Many other times, we cleared it flawlessly with no voice communication or the like. You just have to stand as far away as possible and use the gun to milk him, not your attacks.

If he continues to be a problem, slot projectile blockers/reflects. His wells start off as projectiles that can be blocked before they land.

Falunel – Sylvari Elementalist | Falche Graysong – Human Mesmer | Tarnished Coast
Ember Solace [SOL] – A guild welcoming of newbies and those at the margins.
New Player Outreach Thread

Rizzy.8293

You kidding me right?
If hes attacking you thats even better, that means hes gonna walk towards you.
So lead him to the trap, milk him and pick off the oozes inside the trap.

Posted by: sirthosiris.1078

sirthosiris.1078

Someone confirm this, because every time I’ve done this so far, the Ghost Eater always seems to deaggro after he turns back, allowing you to not sweat filling up another trap if they’re empty.

Tarnished Coast
Shimar, Donata Ironmind, Aerianwen

Rizzy.8293

Someone confirm this, because every time I’ve done this so far, the Ghost Eater always seems to deaggro after he turns back, allowing you to not sweat filling up another trap if they’re empty.

I can confirm there are times he spits at you and times he aggros you, but this is because people milk him too close

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

After path 1, had someone the other day tell me they weren’t doing path 2, I said ‘why? it’s not hard.’

Answer: ‘it takes too long.’

Well geez by that logic why bother with any dungeon other than COF P1 -_-

He was awful anyway, a guardian who never used his virtues, no loss I suppose :/

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

After path 1, had someone the other day tell me they weren’t doing path 2, I said ‘why? it’s not hard.’

He was awful anyway, a guardian who never used his virtues, no loss I suppose :/

What? I find path 1 way harder than 2. Unless there’s some new “easy way” I remember it being impossible without all utilities set to stability and stun breakers.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

What? I find path 1 way harder than 2. Unless there’s some new “easy way” I remember it being impossible without all utilities set to stability and stun breakers.

Oh yes there is a trick to the end of P1 to avoid issues with that silly NPC, although it’s not so bad without the trick.. it’s just if for some reason it screws up (NPCs are idiots) then it becomes a pain.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Probably referring to the stairs or ledge when attacking him. Some things still need to get fixed.

Posted by: Provost.6210

Provost.6210

This fight is nothing compared to the Spider Queen. I’ve been in groups that have aced the Ghost Eater but wiped hardcore at the overpowered poison nonsense of the first fight.

The people you pugged with are just stupid.

Side-note: speaking on behalf of colour-blind people, the green and yellow beams look identical. I have to wait to see if an ooze has been lifted before I know whether to use skill #1 or 2. If ArenaNet could change these to red and green it would be a lot easier for us to manage.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

This fight is nothing compared to the Spider Queen. I’ve been in groups that have aced the Ghost Eater but wiped hardcore at the overpowered poison nonsense of the first fight.

Side-note: speaking on behalf of colour-blind people, the green and yellow beams look identical. I have to wait to see if an ooze has been lifted before I know whether to use skill #1 or 2. If ArenaNet could change these to red and green it would be a lot easier for us to manage.

How is the Spider Queen hard? Granted I have wiped there before, I tend not to last too long when I’m the only left, and one other time when I managed to get myself immobilised on a poison field, then Queeny spat more poison right on me for good measure. People just don’t understand you have to kill the ADDS first, I swear I’m the only one running around cleaning them up.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

Ghost Eater has a tendency to bug horribly. I’ve seen him stay immobile for MINUTES at a time, standing just one meter outside a trap doing absolutely nothing. Same goes for trying to convince its moronic AI to follow you into a trap.

Rizzy.8293

How is the Spider Queen hard? Granted I have wiped there before, I tend not to last too long when I’m the only left, and one other time when I managed to get myself immobilised on a poison field, then Queeny spat more poison right on me for good measure. People just don’t understand you have to kill the ADDS first, I swear I’m the only one running around cleaning them up.

And turrets, dont forget turrets -.-

Rizzy.8293

Ghost Eater has a tendency to bug horribly. I’ve seen him stay immobile for MINUTES at a time, standing just one meter outside a trap doing absolutely nothing. Same goes for trying to convince its moronic AI to follow you into a trap.

Push him

Posted by: MagnusLL.8473

MagnusLL.8473

Push him

Tried everything, stripping the defiant stacks and then using the CC etc, he would simply keep standing there, then awake all of a sudden.

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Tried to think of a useful answere for you. How are people finding AC path 2 so hard?

Answere: Continue to teach your party members how to do this encounter. Even if only one of them gets it they will in turn teach a couple more players and the process will repeat. In this way you will have passed your knowledge and skill on to many others.

If while teaching your inside the dungeon you adopt the tone that you have here then expect them to stand around, act stupid, and basically do the opposite of what you say. That is my advice which is not an answere to your original question. Take it how you will.

Posted by: Danireathorn.2814

Danireathorn.2814

I’d like to throw in my thoughts.

Before the patch, many of the speed run/experienced players ran all three paths. After the patch, those people usually only run paths 1 or 3. You might want to consider that the reason that you’re having trouble PUGing path 2 is because there simply are less experienced people willing do to path 2 because path 1 is less buggy and path 3 has a few safe spots from the rock falls.

edit: What Swiftpaw said makes sense. I run into the same problem (of people telling me it takes too long) if I decide to try and PUG path 2.

[LFG]

Posted by: IamDuddits.1692

IamDuddits.1692

Before the patch, many of the speed run/experienced players ran all three paths. After the patch, those people usually only run paths 1 or 3. You might want to consider that the reason that you’re having trouble PUGing path 2 is because there simply are less experienced people willing do to path 2 because path 1 is less buggy and path 3 has a few safe spots from the rock falls.

edit: What Swiftpaw said makes sense. I run into the same problem (of people telling me it takes too long) if I decide to try and PUG path 2.

Not sure if it’s just my server, but I find the exact opposite to be true: pugs generally want to do path 2 or only have experience doing path 2. This is of course only since the changes. I just assumed it was because path 2 doesn’t have the DPS requirements that Hodgins and Lovers requires.

Posted by: Danireathorn.2814

Danireathorn.2814

Not sure if it’s just my server, but I find the exact opposite to be true: pugs generally want to do path 2 or only have experience doing path 2. This is of course only since the changes. I just assumed it was because path 2 doesn’t have the DPS requirements that Hodgins and Lovers requires.

I wish I was able to have as much luck finding P2 groups as you! Whenever I look on LFG for groups, the P1/P3 groups far outnumber the P2 ones.

[LFG]

IamDuddits.1692

I wish I was able to have as much luck finding P2 groups as you! Whenever I look on LFG for groups, the P1/P3 groups far outnumber the P2 ones.

I try to host my own groups when I can just so I can specify all paths and require Kholer. I generally try to run AC when I can if you need an extra person to run it with.

(edited by IamDuddits.1692)

Posted by: Emissary.3792

Emissary.3792

The hardest part of path 2 is fending off the ascalonians. They spawn in 2 waves at each location, and if you fail to clear the first wave fast enough (and/or wipe), you end up with twice as many to deal with when you come back.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

It’s all about communication. I’ve had three experiences now with the new Ghost Eater – one with guildmates and two with pug groups. The guild group and one of the pug groups went well – because we stopped and talked about strategy before we started the fight and agreed on who pulls, who lifts, and to focus on targets. The other pug group was a disaster. They literally, for some reason, refused to assign roles and would not follow targets. It took forever. Ironically enough, the good pug group consisted of mostly people that have never done path 2 before so they actually listened, while the other group was an “experienced only” know-it-all group that wouldn’t follow anyone’s lead.

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

The new Spider Queen is a joke. Almost as predictable as Subject Alpha.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Personally I think it’s because the trap charging part of the encounter does not use mechanics the rest of the game uses. You spend all this time getting to 80 and learning how to fight in a group setting (giving allies boons, using CC to keep mobs off of the back line, throwing down water fields etc) and then the trap charging part uses none of those mechanics. You still have to stay alive, but none of you’re other skills matter.

Instead you have to learn a mechanic totally foreign to the rest of the game which utilises synchronisation as a skill (something which isn’t going to be a problem for pre-made teams but will be a great difficulty for other teams). It doesn’t challenge your GW2 combat abilities, it challenges your team’s ability to use an environmental weapon at the same time.

IamDuddits.1692

Personally I think it’s because the trap charging part of the encounter does not use mechanics the rest of the game uses. You spend all this time getting to 80 and learning how to fight in a group setting (giving allies boons, using CC to keep mobs off of the back line, throwing down water fields etc) and then the trap charging part uses none of those mechanics. You still have to stay alive, but none of you’re other skills matter.

Instead you have to learn a mechanic totally foreign to the rest of the game which utilises synchronisation as a skill (something which isn’t going to be a problem for pre-made teams but will be a great difficulty for other teams). It doesn’t challenge your GW2 combat abilities, it challenges your team’s ability to use an environmental weapon at the same time.

This isn’t so much a problem with an instance, but more so a problem with the way the importance of Control, Support and Damage are handled. Hands down the most efficient way to get through anything is to stack as much damage as possible, hence 4 warriors and 1 mesmer. Damage is the most highly valued of these three in the game simply because the boss mechanics are so simple.

Bosses have only a couple of abilities, attack slow and most of their damage can be mitigated with good skill choice (with evades or invulnerability) and dodging. At no point is it ever required to have a good support or controller.

Compare this to WoW where you needed to have a healer heal you through the damage or you needed a tank to soak up the unavoidable damage.

I’m not saying GW2 needs to be WoW, but what I am saying is that the game could benefit more from necessitating support and control abilities over pure glass cannon damage builds, because frankly you are never really required to have a Guardian dropping protection/regeneration on the party to get through a fight or required to have a controller spamming interrupts to stop skills that cause a party wipe. Going support or control in a party more often than not only slows down clear times.

(edited by IamDuddits.1692)

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

Who thinks path 2 is hard? It isn’t hard, it’s just terrible. The boss mechanics are a novelty – something that belongs in the Super Adventure Box, and certainly not something you insert into a dungeon redesign.

All that aside, though, that isn’t what makes path 2 truly terrible. It’s the fact that the NPC can glitch on you, permanently. Why even take the chance?

Posted by: lchan.2169

lchan.2169

its not hard, its bloody boring and tedious. And pulling those blooming ooze is sometimes bugged. They just refuse to move as they should and sometimes they just happy hop out of the circle!